Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

old hand;270236 said:
I agree with you there, i think there has to be an independant board to make decisions, but finding people who arent aligned to a club already is going to be a fair challenge, especially in what is a reasonablly small community in albury wodonga. As to whether the ABCA established an indepepndant board a few years ago im not sure, but that would have disappeared when the merger happened.

I have to say though that canberra has a competition which is a fair bit stronger than ours, thats why our rep team goes and plays there club sides in the konica cup. i mean from there competition they have a side that plays in the cricket australia cup against the state second 11s. i cant see CAW putting up a side that would be able to do that, although there are probably a few players locally who would get a game for the comets. And the reason that they have an independant board is because they have the funds to higher full time staff to run the competition up there, through both sponsorship and money cricket australia gives them for the ACT participating in the CA Cup. we simply dont have that. although i do think we should be playing 90/100 overs a day

ok lets focus on the fact its here n ask around whos interested in seeing who do what in the T20 comp?

KiewaOriginal;270291 said:
ok lets focus on the fact its here n ask around whos interested in seeing who do what in the T20 comp?

Some of the real big hitters will definitely be worth watching. If some of the big guns get going we could see some really big scores.

Maybe CAW should insist on 55 or 60 metre boundaries at all grounds to make it even more exciting. Not sure the bowlers would agree but it would be good to see teams scoring 200 plus.

old hand;270236 said:
I agree with you there, i think there has to be an independant board to make decisions, but finding people who arent aligned to a club already is going to be a fair challenge, especially in what is a reasonablly small community in albury wodonga. As to whether the ABCA established an indepepndant board a few years ago im not sure, but that would have disappeared when the merger happened.

I have to say though that canberra has a competition which is a fair bit stronger than ours, thats why our rep team goes and plays there club sides in the konica cup. i mean from there competition they have a side that plays in the cricket australia cup against the state second 11s. i cant see CAW putting up a side that would be able to do that, although there are probably a few players locally who would get a game for the comets. And the reason that they have an independant board is because they have the funds to higher full time staff to run the competition up there, through both sponsorship and money cricket australia gives them for the ACT participating in the CA Cup. we simply dont have that. although i do think we should be playing 90/100 overs a day

We already have an independant board as i already stated and it is still there to make the decisions even post merger.
I also think your underrating the comp we have here compared to the act,North Albury fielded a side in the Konica cup not that long ago and made the final, they beat every one (bar Queenbeyan in the final) The facts you are stating about act cricket are actually making my argument, They have a board thet obviously has had terrific foresight and have driven there comp forward, and in return they have been given great support from CA and from corperate sponsorship. Believe me, when we put our best rep side on the park it would more than match the ACT. The only differance is that they have a couple of 1st class standard players ,like Cade Brown. If CAW get it right the possibilities are endless, maybe we can keep our first class players instead of them going else where to develope. And if we pay our players to play rep you wuold be amazed at how good a rep side CAW could field.

I dont disagree that the standard of cricket in albury wodonga is high, but the fact that we lose so many good young kids to melbourne or sydney or canberra means that we arent quite with them. having played in the ACT i actually believe that if CAW could get there best side in the paddock we would win the Konica Cup and do so quite easily, but we simply cant get the side out there. I would actually like to see Cricket ACT be able select any player who plays in the konica cup to play state second 11, so guys from newcastle or wagga or CAW.

On the 20/20 id reckon itl pan out much like the BEC last year, you might get the paragon pig dogs doing a bit if they can put down there cans long enough but there in a tough group from memory. Titans or North Albury to play tallangatta in the final for me

KiewaOriginal;270291 said:

Some of the real big hitters will definitely be worth watching. If some of the big guns get going we could see some really big scores.

Maybe CAW should insist on 55 or 60 metre boundaries at all grounds to make it even more exciting. Not sure the bowlers would agree but it would be good to see teams scoring 200 plus.

old hand;270463 said:
I dont disagree that the standard of cricket in albury wodonga is high, but the fact that we lose so many good young kids to melbourne or sydney or canberra means that we arent quite with them. having played in the ACT i actually believe that if CAW could get there best side in the paddock we would win the Konica Cup and do so quite easily, but we simply cant get the side out there. I would actually like to see Cricket ACT be able select any player who plays in the konica cup to play state second 11, so guys from newcastle or wagga or CAW.

On the 20/20 id reckon itl pan out much like the BEC last year, you might get the paragon pig dogs doing a bit if they can put down there cans long enough but there in a tough group from memory. Titans or North Albury to play tallangatta in the final for me

kiewa to win at LPO first round?????

old hand;270463 said:

kiewa to win at LPO first round?????

old hand;270463 said:

On state second 11
The ACT can pick Konica cup players from Albury i think you will find!!

Lade, David Anderson, Gary Elliott all played State 2nd elleven for the ACT from there Konica performances. And Rod Barton Got asked to captain the Act side in the Australian championships a few years ago also .
The incentive is definately there for our players to make them selves available for Konica.
I think Greg Daniels Would be a Walk up start if he got fit and lost a couple of pounds. David Farrell also looking at developement.

I will do some research and see if albury players can still play for the ACT.
Something our board might be able to negotiate??

old hand;270463 said:

On state second 11
The ACT can pick Konica cup players from Albury i think you will find!!

Lade, David Anderson, Gary Elliott all played State 2nd elleven for the ACT from there Konica performances. And Rod Barton Got asked to captain the Act side in the Australian championships a few years ago also .
The incentive is definately there for our players to make them selves available for Konica.
I think Greg Daniels Would be a Walk up start if he got fit and lost a couple of pounds. David Farrell also looking at developement.

I will do some research and see if albury players can still play for the ACT.
Something our board might be able to negotiate??

yeah im not totally up on the ACT's selection policies but in recent years im pretty sure there have been very few players picked from outside the ACT, i imagine mainly due to the logistics of training with the squad in canberra. though again they have some guys who are still in the squad yet are playing sydney grade cricket. I cant say its something ive really looked into.

KokodaMidget;270757 said:
Lavi's West Indian recruit is still stuck in the UK, or Barbados, & may not get here for some time, if at all......
From what I hear he's on standby for the West Indies tour of New Zealand, Kokoda.

yeah im not totally up on the ACT's selection policies but in recent years im pretty sure there have been very few players picked from outside the ACT, i imagine mainly due to the logistics of training with the squad in canberra. though again they have some guys who are still in the squad yet are playing sydney grade cricket. I cant say its something ive really looked into.

KokodaMidget;270757 said:
Lavi's West Indian recruit is still stuck in the UK, or Barbados, & may not get here for some time, if at all......
From what I hear he's on standby for the West Indies tour of New Zealand, Kokoda.

Sir Don;270719 said:
Robbie Jackson - RECRUIT OF THE YEAR!!!

Dogs a chance for the flag.
Recruit of the year- Cameron Lodding (Raiders), out last year injured and proven ABCA player with 700 runs in 06/07 season, 'nuff said!

Sir Don;270719 said:
Robbie Jackson - RECRUIT OF THE YEAR!!!

Dogs a chance for the flag.
Recruit of the year- Cameron Lodding (Raiders), out last year injured and proven ABCA player with 700 runs in 06/07 season, 'nuff said!

Bulldogs Vs Titans
A Grade rolled titans for 84 and are 4-150 oddin reply TK took 5.
Lappin 46, hayward 20.
B Grade made 9-401 off 80 overs.
griffiths 158, rogalski 58, beattie 50, hales 35.

other game results anyone??

The Big Dog;271375 said:
Bulldogs Vs Titans
Lappin 46, hayward 20.

Yack all out 150,North Albury 1/212 in reply
Howlong 1st innings all out 54
Dederang 1st innings 9 dec for 116
Howlong 2nd innings 0/33

Bulldogs Vs Titans
Lappin 46, hayward 20.

Belvoir
86 AR Lockett 5/20 S Taylor 2/16
v Lavington Panthers
5/157 J Tonkin 84* S Taylor 28 J Mallichan 2/26 J Ceglar 2/29

Tallangatta
7/348(cc) N Thompson 131 S Wood 71 J Wood 48* F Bremner 29 M Jensen 2/42 J Beard 2/55
v Wodonga Raiders

Wodonga
6/131 S Lappin 46
v Albury
84 T Kennedy 5/37

St Patricks
5/264(cc) K Arendarcikas 86 J Quarmby 63 T Ferris 48* B Weckert 30
v East Albury

North Albury
1/212 D Farrell 86* S Vincent 58 R Jones 54*
v Yackandandah
150 J Thornycroft 81 G Daniel 4/37 M Booth 2/24

Dederang
9/116(dec) M Purtell 30 D Winter 4/27 P Watts 3/14 L Daly 2/16
def Howlong
54 M Purtell 4/19 LT Deans 3/15 G Midson 2/6
and 0/33

Kiewa
196 K Bailey 41 S Jamison 36 J Murphy 36
v Barnawatha / Chiltern
5/42(cc) N Fimmel 2/11

Bethanga
4/67 P Collins 3/5
v Baranduda Rangers
173 A Morrison 37 A Russell 32 K Smillie 30 J PARSONS 28

New City
v Mt Beauty
0/15

The Big Dog;271375 said:
Bulldogs Vs Titans
Lappin 46, hayward 20.

Yack all out 150,North Albury 1/212 in reply
Howlong 1st innings all out 54
Dederang 1st innings 9 dec for 116
Howlong 2nd innings 0/33

Belvoir
86 AR Lockett 5/20 S Taylor 2/16
v Lavington Panthers
5/157 J Tonkin 84* S Taylor 28 J Mallichan 2/26 J Ceglar 2/29

Tallangatta
7/348(cc) N Thompson 131 S Wood 71 J Wood 48* F Bremner 29 M Jensen 2/42 J Beard 2/55
v Wodonga Raiders

Wodonga
6/131 S Lappin 46
v Albury
84 T Kennedy 5/37

St Patricks
5/264(cc) K Arendarcikas 86 J Quarmby 63 T Ferris 48* B Weckert 30
v East Albury

North Albury
1/212 D Farrell 86* S Vincent 58 R Jones 54*
v Yackandandah
150 J Thornycroft 81 G Daniel 4/37 M Booth 2/24

Dederang
9/116(dec) M Purtell 30 D Winter 4/27 P Watts 3/14 L Daly 2/16
def Howlong
54 M Purtell 4/19 LT Deans 3/15 G Midson 2/6
and 0/33

Kiewa
196 K Bailey 41 S Jamison 36 J Murphy 36
v Barnawatha / Chiltern
5/42(cc) N Fimmel 2/11

Bethanga
4/67 P Collins 3/5
v Baranduda Rangers
173 A Morrison 37 A Russell 32 K Smillie 30 J PARSONS 28

New City
v Mt Beauty
0/15

just checked the c grade draw.what a joke.:confused::confused:
21 teams only 15 rounds not including T20.with some teams getting a bye.plus teams playing each other twice.work that one out???plus teams not playing at there home grounds. so you can make the finals and not have played any other tams in the finals.this make good sense that CAW make 2 divisions.there will be some be score over the summer.haven't seen a draw for T20 in c grade.how will it work???? so the season has started and i bet there are some sore blokes out there today.

it's the fence or nothin;271426 said:
good to see the titan's working hard on their batting,welcome back peiry

The Titans are in for a looooong year going off yesterday's performance. Restall's going to have to make 1000 runs if they're any chance of playing finals.

just checked the c grade draw.what a joke.:confused::confused:
21 teams only 15 rounds not including T20.with some teams getting a bye.plus teams playing each other twice.work that one out???plus teams not playing at there home grounds. so you can make the finals and not have played any other tams in the finals.this make good sense that CAW make 2 divisions.there will be some be score over the summer.haven't seen a draw for T20 in c grade.how will it work???? so the season has started and i bet there are some sore blokes out there today.

Moscow Mongrel;267724 said:
I played with Woody for many years and seriously think he is overrated!!!

just having a read and couldnt let this one slip. obviously your entitled to your opinion, as am i. as a youngster coming through the ranks at Tallangatta i cant emphasise enough the influence that great players such as Lade, Armstrong, Elliot, Thompson and especially Wood have had on me. Would rate Steve as one of the top two players in the comp, although now he is probably getting a bit slower as a bowler (still scares the shit out off people ;)) but is still the same awesome batter. I would never label him as over rated.

In reference to your other question, Tallangatta will only be a better side this year. top 3 for sure in my opinion. Nathan Thompson and Andrew Lade will have great years again, and hopefully they will get their hands on the cup :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back