Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Sir Don;236123 said:
I decided to do a bit of research before I replied so that I don't make myself look like a dill. I had a look at the list of century makers in Joe Wooding's book. You are right, Barto and Woody have scored more hundreds than Wright. They are currently third, fourth and fifth on the list with 15 (Wood), 13 (Barton) and 11 (Wright). I reckon that by the time they're all retired Wright will be ahead of the other two. I don't know how old he is but I'm pretty sure he's three or four years younger than the other two.

Your comment about making runs against poor opposition doesn't really stand up either because I'm sure he's made at least three of his hundred's against Tallangatta and I'd be guessing that Woody played in all of those games. The one he made against them last year would also have included Garry Elliott.

I don't like Lavington much and I always hated playing against them but you have to give credit where it's due.

You're obviously a North Albury player because I don't think anyone from any other club would have Castello anywhere near the top five in the comp.

I dont play at all, just a real keen follower.
Seen enough of Castello to know he is right up there when it counts (finals)
Seen him single handidly bowl North to a flag three years ago against lavi .(wright got none) defending a small target.
Than the following grand final against Raiders he alone with help from a kid chased down the bigest taget to win a granny in ABCA history
should keep on doing research "the don"

Wanie eat your heart out;236081 said:
What games have you blokes been watching the last couple of years.
you must agree that fielding,catching, throwing etc is a real important facit of our game. throw in running between wickets,and probably bowling, Steve wright cant do any of them!!!He is a flat track bully with the bat and scores 95% of his runs against poor opposition with poor attacks. Put him up against a high quality side in a high standard of game and see how he looks???
Wood ,lade,daniel,jones,castello(all can bat and bowl and field!!) Restall.
their my top 6. Tim Kennedy has to have a big year to get into their class.
Old man Barton, I would bet my house he would have scored more first grade hundreds than steve wright,probably up there with Woody?

cricketer of the year 2 years ago ! not every game would have been a flat track with him scoring over 650 runs .. he also made a century against east albury in a semi final when Lavington were 2/0 in the first over chasing 200 ............. i would say that he has done alot more than what you have ever done .

the train;236141 said:
cricketer of the year 2 years ago ! not every game would have been a flat track with him scoring over 650 runs .. he also made a century against east albury in a semi final when Lavington were 2/0 in the first over chasing 200 ............. i would say that he has done alot more than what you have ever done .

TTT (Steve Wright) is well past it now. Altough i have never had the pleasure of taking his wicket (as he is never in long enough for me to have a crack at him).
I agree with warnies comments of him lacking All the other facists of the game (fielding bowling catching running between wickets).
When faced with any type of pace you can see his undies turning brown through his whites he is if i can steal warnies qoute "a flat track bully" who gets his kicks of slogging medium pacers who bowl half volleys.

And another point what has marmo having a MASSIVE head got to do with his on field performence its not his fault he was born with a head the size of legless wombat, although i do admit with a head that big it must be hard to keep balanced when running between wickets.and at least if he plays at north he can share a helmet with Rhys (the buffalo head) Jones.

tball_loves_chicken(kfc);236179 said:
TTT (Steve Wright) is well past it now. Altough i have never had the pleasure of taking his wicket (as he is never in long enough for me to have a crack at him).
I agree with warnies comments of him lacking All the other facists of the game (fielding bowling catching running between wickets).
When faced with any type of pace you can see his undies turning brown through his whites he is if i can steal warnies qoute "a flat track bully" who gets his kicks of slogging medium pacers who bowl half volleys.

And another point what has marmo having a MASSIVE head got to do with his on field performence its not his fault he was born with a head the size of legless wombat, although i do admit with a head that big it must be hard to keep balanced when running between wickets.and at least if he plays at north he can share a helmet with Rhys (the buffalo head) Jones.

Wow, I didn't realise I had so many enemies out there!

You're all welcome to your opinions and I definitely agree with some of the comments. My fielding has been pretty ordinary the last few years and I can't throw the ball ten metres since my shoulder reco but I think some of the comments were a bit harsh.

I agree with what Jonesy said about people putting their names to the comments but as I said you're all welcome to your opinions.

One thing I would like to know is what does TTT stand for?

Anyway, good luck for the upcoming season.

Steve Wright

Wanie eat your heart out;236134 said:
I dont play at all, just a real keen follower.
Seen enough of Castello to know he is right up there when it counts (finals)
Seen him single handidly bowl North to a flag three years ago against lavi .(wright got none) defending a small target.
Than the following grand final against Raiders he alone with help from a kid chased down the bigest taget to win a granny in ABCA history
should keep on doing research "the don"

Yes I am alongside you on that one fella. I know my opinion may be biased on this one as I play under Dave but his ability to do freakish things at the right stages of a match is certainly worth mentioning. The two Grand Finals where he played amazingly are standouts but he also does this type of thing on many occasions. I remember a semi final against Lavi where he bowled unchanged near up until tea just tying up one end.
The "X-Factor" along with his ability to turn a game on its head with his ultra aggressive batting style make him a real worry for all other clubs... and you are having a laugh if anyone wants to think against that. And if you do, please be man enough to say who you are and what club you play for. I am sure it would give Dave some extra incentive.
Play a few games under him and you understand how good the guy is, he would definately be in my top 5.

And yes Wrighty it appears some people lose all form of respect (if they had it to begin with) for other players here, hiding behind a User Name. I'm sure if we knew who they were the comments wouldn't be as harsh and offer a bit more depth to what they had to say.

Wanie eat your heart out;236131 said:
You reseached the hundreds , and than said my comment about poor opposition doesnt stand up EITHER , what part of Barto scoring more hundreds than wright didnt stand up????
Also what part of flat track bully didnt you understand??the flat or the track. As im not going to do any research, my gut instinct tells me that tallangatta has got a track and it is fairly fxxxcking flat.
And i will also go out on a limb and say that i reckon woody and gary would have bowled fxxck all against him if at all, because if both were playing ireckon wright would have been down the list a fair bit.
so I still stand by my original opinion.

If you'd bothered to read my original post you'd see that I never said Barto wasn't a gun. He's probably one of the best players this comp's seen over the last twenty years. All I said was that I don't think he's in the top five players in the comp TODAY. The fact that he's only made two more hundreds and he's probably six years older probably should be taken into account too.

GEE STEVE, SEEMS THEY GET A BIT ROUGH SOME OF THESE BLOKES!!

well lads it seems some of you have waaaay too much time on your hands, but i must say i've got a bit of a laugh out of some of this stuff.

good to see people voicing their opinions, (not that i agree with them all).
for what it's worth, Rhys ..shhh, i told you i'd pay you when you get home!!
warnie, cheers for the rap, but i think your a bit rough on wrighty, you'd struggle to field to if your arm was about to fall off !!
"the don" (garden knome, maybee)..pull your head in tiger.

now i know about this site, it will be good to hear the talk about the real cricket when we start,...have fun lads.

abbsy.

abbs;236288 said:

well lads it seems some of you have waaaay too much time on your hands, but i must say i've got a bit of a laugh out of some of this stuff.

warnie, cheers for the rap, but i think your a bit rough on wrighty, you'd struggle to field to if your arm was about to fall off !!

now i know about this site, it will be good to hear the talk about the real cricket when we start,...have fun lads.

abbsy.

Well what have we started here,even Jonesy getting in on the act from over mother land,
Steve,&Sir Don you take this forum and yourselves for that matter far to seriously.For christs sake dont lose sleep overit.
As for me theres no way im revealing my tru identity, Might find myself in allsorts.
Keep up the good work Boys, Its a lot more interesting than the crap the district boys go on with.

abbs;236288 said:

abbsy.

You're not wrong mate. I guess I probably deserve it though. I've been a bit of a prick on the field at times over the years (although I reckon I've mellowed a fair bit as I've gotten older). And go easy on The Don, I need all the support I can get in here!

Looking forward to doing battle with some of you blokes on the field this year. Just promise me you won't bowl too fast at me.

Steve

well things are certainly building up towards a good season,if all the rubbish that is getting spoken on here is any guide, but its all good banter, cant wait for it all to begin, should be a good close comp this year... just for what its worth my top five at the moment would be daniel, lade, wood. castello and wright, in no order...

SW10;236406 said:
You're not wrong mate. I guess I probably deserve it though. I've been a bit of a prick on the field at times over the years (although I reckon I've mellowed a fair bit as I've gotten older). And go easy on The Don, I need all the support I can get in here!

Looking forward to doing battle with some of you blokes on the field this year. Just promise me you won't bowl too fast at me.

Steve

lol, yeah right mate, thats one promise thats easy to keep...while waters wet and the sky is blue i would never bowl too fast, no matter how hard i try.

oh and i wouldnt say you were a prick, at least not to me, but you know how it is, some of these blokes have probably been on the recieving end of you in form, the only way to fight back is with secret emails.

good luck this year, except against us....ABBSY.

any truth in the rumor that a ranga player spent the night in lock up?????

i see that provincal players have found this site and as usual started talking shit about provincal comp and ego's to match.come on guys don't slag off district comp if you aint willing to try.just a little note it may not seem big but how many provincal sides played c garde finals last year.it may only be c grade but the big guys couldn't handle it.yes i do agree that it's a better comp up above but in the end it's all about fun .Say what you want about this reply i don't give a shit.

mate, im a district player myself but christ... no one gives a shit about who plays in C grade finals except C grade, it doesnt say anything about the standard of competetion. And since when were the provincial guys not welcome as your insinuating, alot of them are good blokes. I think abbsys words need to be repeated, pull your head in tiger

My advice for anyone on here who is fed up of all the bitching on this forum is to switch over to the Border Cricket forum on Big Footy. The talk is about cricket and not bitching about players and getting personnel.:mad:

I have heard a whisper that dudley wont be playing for the rangers this season.
They might struggle in the batting dept. this year.

RUNOUT;236752 said:
My advice for anyone on here who is fed up of all the bitching on this forum is to switch over to the Border Cricket forum on Big Footy. The talk is about cricket and not bitching about players and getting personnel.:mad:

C'mon run out ,just having a bit of fun . Abbs and steve wats going on with you two??I think when you two play against each other this season, you will be bowling underarm to each other.
run out has got a point lets talk some cricket. Is there any one from yack out there and how are they going to fair? sounds like they might struggle.
If they are going to be as noncompetetive as ive heard, is it really worth them going up.It might actually harm there developement as a club!!
Has CAW thought about this? them getting belted every week*(if its tru what Ive been hearing) Might take them a few years to recover??

WEYHO..

big guys don't run;236687 said:
any truth in the rumor that a ranga player spent the night in lock up?????

i see that provincal players have found this site and as usual started talking shit about provincal comp and ego's to match.come on guys don't slag off district comp if you aint willing to try.just a little note it may not seem big but how many provincal sides played c garde finals last year.it may only be c grade but the big guys couldn't handle it.yes i do agree that it's a better comp up above but in the end it's all about fun .Say what you want about this reply i don't give a shit.

Havnt heard anything about a player spendin the nite in the lock-up Big Guy.
Im very interested in this rumour tho so if u could pm me with a name it would be greatly appreciated.
How u blokes comin along with the merge with Raiders?
Hope all works out as WWW had too many blokes bust thier balls last season to keep the club going.

Its Honestly Middo;236868 said:
Havnt heard anything about a player spendin the nite in the lock-up Big Guy.
Im very interested in this rumour tho so if u could pm me with a name it would be greatly appreciated.
How u blokes comin along with the merge with Raiders?
Hope all works out as WWW had too many blokes bust thier balls last season to keep the club going.

the merger seems to be going ok.it's hard to tell at this stage with player numbers slowly increasing.season isn't that far away so just waiting on a few more players.You are rite about WWW guys busting there balls last season and they did a really great job keeping the club alive.

with the player in lock up i saw him standing out front of cop shop early sunday morning not looking to happy.Only caught a glimpse of his face but he looked very familiar to me from the cricket circle....i hope it wasn't one of your players .I'm pretty sure it will come out soon who it was.if it was one of your guys.

so how about the ranga's going???? i bet you guys are looking for a huge season.

just anote to old had i was replying to a comment about district players talking crap on here from provincal players.so i will pull my head champ thanks for your input.@|

RUNOUT;236752 said:

runout, where abouts on big footy is this border cricket site, would not mind having alook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back