Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cade Brown returning to the Border rumour

Moscow Mongrel;273580 said:
I heard a rumour today, of a very reliable source that Cade Brown could possibly be returning to Albury/Wodonga and play for Tallangatta.

Apparently he has been offered a very good job locally.

a fair pick up it true.

Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

The Reverse Sweeper;273654 said:
Sorry Sir Don I think you put Damien Baker in that group by mistake.:confused:I think you were meant to put Josh Beard.

Definitely did forget Josh Beard but I think Baker deserves to be in there ahead of Ladey too. There's probably a couple of others too, Rhys Jones and Greg Daniel maybe. Possibly Doyle from East Albury as well. Ladey is a good bowler but not in the best five or six in the comp for me. Batting's a different story. He's still a gun with the bat.

Sir Don;273612 said:
Andrew Lade??? He's not even the best bowler in his own team! Great cricketer and a handy bowler but I wouldn't have him ahead of Kennedy, Steve Wood, Damien Baker or Heath Naughton. Being able to change between mediums and spin is handy but neither are going to worry good batsmen too much.

Sorry Sir Don I think you put Damien Baker in that group by mistake.:confused:I think you were meant to put Josh Beard.

Geez what u have against young josh has a bit of a ego problem but from what I heard handy hundred on the w.e even if it was against the titans d grade side. how many hundreds you made mate?

The Reverse Sweeper;273654 said:

Definitely did forget Josh Beard but I think Baker deserves to be in there ahead of Ladey too. There's probably a couple of others too, Rhys Jones and Greg Daniel maybe. Possibly Doyle from East Albury as well. Ladey is a good bowler but not in the best five or six in the comp for me. Batting's a different story. He's still a gun with the bat.

big guys don't run;273613 said:
noticed that marmo played c grade on the weekend.made a duck aswell.gee i would have thought at least he would be playing higher then that.his ego would have been brought down a bit!!!!
Geez what u have against young josh has a bit of a ego problem but from what I heard handy hundred on the w.e even if it was against the titans d grade side. how many hundreds you made mate?

tball_loves_chicken(kfc);273240 said:
mind you it was at "The Cheese" where Joe Wooding would still take 5 in each innings. TK is a fairly handy bowler but if you are going to read into bowling results involving that ground you have got to be kidding yourself buddy.

the pitch was fine on the weekend. not the best opposition, but he got 10. that still takes something. he's the best bowler in the league

noticed that marmo played c grade on the weekend.made a duck aswell.gee i would have thought at least he would be playing higher then that.his ego would have been brought down a bit!!!!

i agree with hopper's,i see marmo made a ton first knock filling in for thirds againsttitans better side (m.scott 150 m.transom 5/5)give the ego bit a rest mate look around provincial i'm sure we could fill a double decker bus with ego's,the blokes young and keen what do ya do?

tball_loves_chicken(kfc);273240 said:
mind you it was at "The Cheese" where Joe Wooding would still take 5 in each innings. TK is a fairly handy bowler but if you are going to read into bowling results involving that ground you have got to be kidding yourself buddy.

the pitch was fine on the weekend. not the best opposition, but he got 10. that still takes something. he's the best bowler in the league

mate theres a difference between being arrogant and young and keen. there are lots of young blokes out there who are keen to do well, marmos just an arrogant prick and has been since he was 12. good cricketer but ******** does he love himself

i agree with hopper's,i see marmo made a ton first knock filling in for thirds againsttitans better side (m.scott 150 m.transom 5/5)give the ego bit a rest mate look around provincial i'm sure we could fill a double decker bus with ego's,the blokes young and keen what do ya do?

old hand;274273 said:
mate theres a difference between being arrogant and young and keen. there are lots of young blokes out there who are keen to do well, marmos just an arrogant prick and has been since he was 12. good cricketer but ******** does he love himself

Geez there are lots of marmo haters out there I've only known the bloke for a couple of weeks seems alright to me and I've seen some cricketers in my time. Has he slapped u over the fence or something old hand

hoppers_08;274337 said:
Geez there are lots of marmo haters out there I've only known the bloke for a couple of weeks seems alright to me and I've seen some cricketers in my time. Has he slapped u over the fence or something old hand

The kid has just got a mouth that gets away from him, so it gets alot of guys offside.
Can the kid play? sure, but he aint RT Ponting or nothing so he should be giving it a rest sometimes but he doesnt know how.

Dont worry Hoppers, you will see his ego soon enough, but it probably wont be noticed as anything out of the ordinary at Bunton Park:D:D

old hand;274273 said:

hoppers_08;273855 said:

i wasn't having ago at him just his ego.yes he can play cricket.but like you said against a D GRADE side.it's good that he has decided to take that step up from district A grade to CAW C grade.:) he may have been injuried and numbers may have been short at north but he chould have played district b grade????? anyway lets hope he does well at north and sticks it up us all bagging him on here!!!!!!

just wondering why there's t20 at dedrang racecourse this week.what a joke the ground is so fn small.it does show how much time caw put into this t20 crap.

hoppers_08;274337 said:

The kid has just got a mouth that gets away from him, so it gets alot of guys offside.
Can the kid play? sure, but he aint RT Ponting or nothing so he should be giving it a rest sometimes but he doesnt know how.

Dont worry Hoppers, you will see his ego soon enough, but it probably wont be noticed as anything out of the ordinary at Bunton Park:D:D

Ducks fly together;274367 said:

I think you might have " being highly motivated" confused with being egotistical there mate, trust me there is a difference.

hoppers_08;273855 said:

i wasn't having ago at him just his ego.yes he can play cricket.but like you said against a D GRADE side.it's good that he has decided to take that step up from district A grade to CAW C grade.:) he may have been injuried and numbers may have been short at north but he chould have played district b grade????? anyway lets hope he does well at north and sticks it up us all bagging him on here!!!!!!

just wondering why there's t20 at dedrang racecourse this week.what a joke the ground is so fn small.it does show how much time caw put into this t20 crap.

I heard a rumour today, of a very reliable source that Cade Brown could possibly be returning to Albury/Wodonga and play for Tallangatta.

Was that source Garry Elliott,
There wouldnt be a company in albury or a cricket club for that matter that could afford Cade Brown, He,s practically running our whole country.But since Johnny got outed there could be hope.
If Garry is right ,there will be some very nervous bowlers out there.

Ducks fly together;274367 said:

I think you might have " being highly motivated" confused with being egotistical there mate, trust me there is a difference.

Wanie eat your heart out;274392 said:
There wouldnt be a company in albury or a cricket club for that matter that could afford Cade Brown, He,s practically running our whole country.But since Johnny got outed there could be hope.

I too heard that rumour, I know some of the guys that he is mates with at North Albury. This would be a huge injection to local cricket, if he can score double hundreds against Mitchell Johnson and international fifties...watch out Lavington and your new gun recruit! I am not sure how his sponsors would like him playing at Rowen Park. On top of this rumour....he is apparently keen to entice Rod Barton back to his home club of Tallangatta. Apparently they were in each others wedding party...watch this space. I bet all bets are off for the flag until this rumour is either confirmed or denied.

The Kookaburra;274394 said:
I too heard that rumour, I know some of the guys that he is mates with at North Albury. This would be a huge injection to local cricket, if he can score double hundreds against Mitchell Johnson and international fifties...watch out Lavington and your new gun recruit! I am not sure how his sponsors would like him playing at Rowen Park. On top of this rumour....he is apparently keen to entice Rod Barton back to his home club of Tallangatta. Apparently they were in each others wedding party...watch this space. I bet all bets are off for the flag until this rumour is either confirmed or denied.

This has been confirmed via text message from a tallangatta player...has apparently signed a deal with both Tallangatta and may also be coaching Dederang or Mitta during the footy season. Has apparently bought Mel Gibson's old place near Kiewa...interesting times.

Wanie eat your heart out;274392 said:

Fair enough lads... appently along the grapevine I have also heard that Dom Thornley is due to head back to East after hearing of their player drought. Appparently Dom saw the need for his abilities at East and gave up his post at NSW.
Andy Mac has also apparently seen the Titans struggle for their place and offered his hand. A-Mac apparently has taken on the title as the new Ronald McDonald for the Albury region in an offer not to be refused.
In further news it appears that Josh Marmo's abitly to keep is hampered and he has stepped down in place of former test player Steve Rixon who has gladly offered his services to the green and gold. He had heard Kelvin Williams had returned from his stint as West Indies U18's coach to rekindle North Albury to its glory days and Rixon couldn't help himself.
Is there anyone else I have missed out on???

Im sure I have left someone out...

The Kookaburra;274394 said:

This has been confirmed via text message from a tallangatta player...has apparently signed a deal with both Tallangatta and may also be coaching Dederang or Mitta during the footy season. Has apparently bought Mel Gibson's old place near Kiewa...interesting times.

Fair enough lads... appently along the grapevine I have also heard that Dom Thornley is due to head back to East after hearing of their player drought. Appparently Dom saw the need for his abilities at East and gave up his post at NSW.
Andy Mac has also apparently seen the Titans struggle for their place and offered his hand. A-Mac apparently has taken on the title as the new Ronald McDonald for the Albury region in an offer not to be refused.
In further news it appears that Josh Marmo's abitly to keep is hampered and he has stepped down in place of former test player Steve Rixon who has gladly offered his services to the green and gold. He had heard Kelvin Williams had returned from his stint as West Indies U18's coach to rekindle North Albury to its glory days and Rixon couldn't help himself.

Boony's Tash;274630 said:

Very good Boonys Tash,
One problem thou Dom Thornely wouldnt come back especialy when Woody is still sending them down,And Kelvin Williams is coming back, Also the one you did miss out on is Dave Castellos best mate Dizzy Gillespie who by all accounts has registered with North and will be playing after Xmas so it is not looking good for poor old Dom.

hoppers_08;274337 said:

nah mate i cant say ive ever been slapped over the fence by him, as the ABCA clubs will learn soon enough, regardless of where he's batting you put a spinner on and hes got no idea. im not saying that he cant hit a ball in my criticism of him, but his ego is a bit out of control

Boony's Tash;274630 said:

Very good Boonys Tash,
One problem thou Dom Thornely wouldnt come back especialy when Woody is still sending them down,And Kelvin Williams is coming back, Also the one you did miss out on is Dave Castellos best mate Dizzy Gillespie who by all accounts has registered with North and will be playing after Xmas so it is not looking good for poor old Dom.

old hand;274722 said:
nah mate i cant say ive ever been slapped over the fence by him, as the ABCA clubs will learn soon enough, regardless of where he's batting you put a spinner on and hes got no idea. im not saying that he cant hit a ball in my criticism of him, but his ego is a bit out of control

Yes he does struggle with spinners watched him last night in the nets faz got him out every timed he bowled to him how do u know he struggles with the spinners and the ego problem inlighten me plz

hoppers_08;274337 said:

hoppers_08;274724 said:
Yes he does struggle with spinners watched him last night in the nets faz got him out every timed he bowled to him how do u know he struggles with the spinners and the ego problem inlighten me plz

Did North have to buy him a car like Walbundrie did in footy, the guy sluts himself around like an old mole ! Ask him how many fotty/cricket teams he has played for !
Where will he be next year ??????????????????????????????????????:p:p:p

old hand;274722 said:

Watchful Eye;274804 said:
Did North have to buy him a car like Walbundrie did in footy, the guy sluts himself around like an old mole ! Ask him how many fotty/cricket teams he has played for !
Where will he be next year ??????????????????????????????????????:p:p:p

Im pretty sure walbundrie didn't buy him a car mate why would walbundrie buy him a car where have u heard these rumours he's goin out bush to play with his mate clint gilson which is the coach how does he slut himself around and since u know so much bout him what clubs has he played for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back