Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

it's the fence or nothin;275278 said:
great work tball,nice to read some sense in an otherwise ocean of stupidity,watchfull eye obviously doesnt know his arsehole from his earhole,f#$#ing ego maniac!!

some sense hey !
kfc says
"It sounds to me that the watchful eye is a little jealous because the only money he can make on the side is from offering sexaul favours to other men(unsucessfully)."

Your kidding !

what I wrote was MY opinion !:p

Watchful Eye;275346 said:
some sense hey !
kfc says
"It sounds to me that the watchful eye is a little jealous because the only money he can make on the side is from offering sexaul favours to other men(unsucessfully)."

Your kidding !

I think there's no worries with showing ones opinion there Watchful Eye but to take it to the point that sounds almost like jealousy is another stance altogether. To say a guy sluts himself around in sport is a fairly harsh way to describe a guy that heads to a club with more depth to better his game.
I am unsure of his football background but knowing young Josh to an extent he has a fairly strong personality that I'd say would clash with a few older heads within a country footy club.
I can understand club loyalty if you have grown up in a locality that instils those traits or if his family had strong ties with a club. But if the young fella is just looking for a kick and getting some pretty good offers for his services then why not look out for the best offer?
Look at the way footy structures are these days and you can see that even mediocre players are getting ridiculous sums of money for a run on the park.

If the kid wants to make a few bucks and doesn't want to take it seriously then let him be. After all how many people made all the right decisions when they were 18???

Its all fine to judge a young fella now by the decisions he has made as a pup but how bout we put the claws away and just give the lad a chance to prove his worth at a club that won't be prepared to tolerate any shenanigans at all. Don't pass judgement on his previous decisions as an adolescent, base them on his current ones . Going by that a move to North to improve his game and gain understanding about his cricket from one of the most knowledgeable leadership groups in the region is the right foot forward.

Interesting results already early in the year.

yack look to be out of thier depth in Provincial but lets hope they continue to play each game out.

Lavy look to be better then expected and East Albury and Titans look to be alot worse than last year.

In District Dederang are the early pace setters again and New City look to be in trouble with the loss of Bailey looking to be too hard to cover. Kiewa are big improvers and could well take it out this year....looks like Norling has a golden touch!
:rolleyes:

Boony's Tash;275609 said:
I think there's no worries with showing ones opinion there Watchful Eye but to take it to the point that sounds almost like jealousy is another stance altogether. To say a guy sluts himself around in sport is a fairly harsh way to describe a guy that heads to a club with more depth to better his game.
I am unsure of his football background but knowing young Josh to an extent he has a fairly strong personality that I'd say would clash with a few older heads within a country footy club.
I can understand club loyalty if you have grown up in a locality that instils those traits or if his family had strong ties with a club. But if the young fella is just looking for a kick and getting some pretty good offers for his services then why not look out for the best offer?
Look at the way footy structures are these days and you can see that even mediocre players are getting ridiculous sums of money for a run on the park.

If the kid wants to make a few bucks and doesn't want to take it seriously then let him be. After all how many people made all the right decisions when they were 18???

Its all fine to judge a young fella now by the decisions he has made as a pup but how bout we put the claws away and just give the lad a chance to prove his worth at a club that won't be prepared to tolerate any shenanigans at all. Don't pass judgement on his previous decisions as an adolescent, base them on his current ones . Going by that a move to North to improve his game and gain understanding about his cricket from one of the most knowledgeable leadership groups in the region is the right foot forward.

Mate there is certainly no jealousy, Im old enogh to be his father ! I have known him in a football and cricket sense for a fair while and in my opinion he has slutted himself around for the best offer without any loyalty whatsoever, A very bad example to other young kids around him (and there are some good loyal kids around) Hopefully North will pull his head in cricketwise.:cool:

Watchful Eye;275346 said:
some sense hey !
kfc says

Your kidding !

Watchful Eye;275687 said:
Mate there is certainly no jealousy, Im old enogh to be his father ! I have known him in a football and cricket sense for a fair while and in my opinion he has slutted himself around for the best offer without any loyalty whatsoever, A very bad example to other young kids around him (and there are some good loyal kids around) Hopefully North will pull his head in cricketwise.:cool:

mate opinions are like arseholes why don't we stick to factual content, i can't believe youre still blazing away with this,there's got to be something personal in this,is he the son you alway's wanted?

Boony's Tash;275609 said:

After the 'excitement' of the first round of 20/20 its good to see that Micky Erdiljac is in the paper talking up the success!! Well Mick, claiming it a success is a fair-bit premature, personally I think its a waste of time, but thats only my opinion.

On another note, the CAW squad was published today, with 1 very surprising name included. I guess C-grade hundreds are very highly regarded these days to merit inclusion into the rep teams! Cant wait to hear the talk about that in the coming days!

Watchful Eye;275687 said:

mate opinions are like arseholes why don't we stick to factual content, i can't believe youre still blazing away with this,there's got to be something personal in this,is he the son you alway's wanted?

Ducks fly together;275877 said:
After the 'excitement' of the first round of 20/20 its good to see that Micky Erdiljac is in the paper talking up the success!! Well Mick, claiming it a success is a fair-bit premature, personally I think its a waste of time, but thats only my opinion.

On another note, the CAW squad was published today, with 1 very surprising name included. I guess C-grade hundreds are very highly regarded these days to merit inclusion into the rep teams! Cant wait to hear the talk about that in the coming days!

Blody hell mate... you must be a jealous keeper by the sounds of it or just wanting to stir up a few lads again :)
If you didn't know Marmo went to country week last year as the teams W/K and did pretty well. With Trent Ball out this season due to substancially high levels of KFC in his blood stream Marmo was picked as his replacement.
Any suggestions who else should be in there???

Seriously mate its jealousy u know jealousy is a curse mate. Marmo keeps quiet well very tidy behind the stumps when he is awake. Kept very nicely on the w.e impressive stumping to. As for his hundred was there to witness it and it was pretty handy so bak up mate

Blody hell mate... you must be a jealous keeper by the sounds of it or just wanting to stir up a few lads again :)
If you didn't know Marmo went to country week last year as the teams W/K and did pretty well. With Trent Ball out this season due to substancially high levels of KFC in his blood stream Marmo was picked as his replacement.

Boony's Tash;275907 said:

Nathen thompson,!! glove work not great, but good enough for oneday games,his batting speaks for it self,Worth a go in my opionion.
Josh Marmo from all accounts apart from "wachfull eyes" opinion is probably worth a trial as well.
Andy Hill in the rep as well!! by all reports at north has got there tounges wagging about his prospects.

Seriously mate its jealousy u know jealousy is a curse mate. Marmo keeps quiet well very tidy behind the stumps when he is awake. Kept very nicely on the w.e impressive stumping to. As for his hundred was there to witness it and it was pretty handy so bak up mate

Well it seems all people do on this thing is slag the hell out of others and either hide behind a username or the "THATS ONLY MY OPINION" line!!!!

For what its worth "ducks"....i'm aware of the fact that if erdel could fit in a 2 day comp where everyside played the others once (theres 20 weeks), a one day comp that was fairer on the lower clubs than last year, and a 20/20 he would do so.....he may be brilliant with numbers but he's not a magician???
Not to mention, a very tight rep schedule prior to xmas to work around, at the end of the day, if you gave them a choice...its the 2day flag all captains want to win the most.....and keiwas effort on the weekend would surely have a positive effect on some of the younger players esp.

As for Marmo getting picked in a "14 man" squad, well good on him for making himself available, (and the other 13 for that matter),i know very well that selectors/captains spend a lot of their own money on the phone etc getting hold of players prepared to travel to places like Leeton on a sunday! And while this might surprise you, Saturday was the first time i had ever seen the guy keep, and must say i was quite impressed, also did a good job with the bat at a "tricky" time for us....so who knows it could pay dividends for caw??

Not having a direct go at you here either, (just the one i replied to), but there just doesn't seem to be much "positive" cricket talk spoken on this thing!! OH AND PS: if Josh started skyeting about his hundred in thirds,(which for the record he hasn't), he'd get cut down to size before he could blink!!!!

Well lets hope this weekend has some great cricket played, and i hope the generall caw public wishes the rep team well on sunday....Leeton have been very very strong over the last 5 or so years, it would be great to see us get one back on them.

abbsy.

Boony's Tash;275907 said:

Nathen thompson,!! glove work not great, but good enough for oneday games,his batting speaks for it self,Worth a go in my opionion.
Josh Marmo from all accounts apart from "wachfull eyes" opinion is probably worth a trial as well.
Andy Hill in the rep as well!! by all reports at north has got there tounges wagging about his prospects.

abbs, did I say Josh has skyeting up his c-grade ton, I doubt he would be doing that, so dont get your back-up about nothing tiger.

The point I was trying to make (i admit unsuccessfully), is that how can a guy who has not played a prov A grade game get into the rep side?? If you can answer that you have done well, thats my beef, not who it is but how was he picked. As for a keeper - i though Nathan Thompson would be a pretty natural choice - 2 tons in the 1st game of the season, thats as good a form as you will get and he can handle the gloves no problem at all.
Hoppers, as for jealousy, mate I have been a bits-and-pieces player all my life, and it doesnt worry me in the slightest, I go where my team needs me and I do what I can to help my team win. Im lucky if Im classed as a prov B player, so rep cricket is never in my sights.

But my main idea was that 20/20 is a useless form of cricket!! It's just a slog-a-thon, not gunna improve anyones cricket at all, we dont play rep 20/20, we play rep 50overs, so WHY not play 50 over cricket??? Could have the same type of draw, pools of teams and the top teams of the pools go to the finals, not hard to substitute one for the other - so I dont get Erdle's 'big picture' analogy.

Finally, I also wish the best for the rep team against Leeton, love to see CAW take out a few trophies this season, whomever is in the side.
It's funny on these sites, my name isnt really secret - most guys know who I was as soon as I made my first post. And yes I will voice my opinion, if you dont like it you can ignore me - easy. Or if you got a counterpoint, even better, nothing better that a bit 'o debate.

Well it seems all people do on this thing is slag the hell out of others and either hide behind a username or the "THATS ONLY MY OPINION" line!!!!

For what its worth "ducks"....i'm aware of the fact that if erdel could fit in a 2 day comp where everyside played the others once (theres 20 weeks), a one day comp that was fairer on the lower clubs than last year, and a 20/20 he would do so.....he may be brilliant with numbers but he's not a magician???
Not to mention, a very tight rep schedule prior to xmas to work around, at the end of the day, if you gave them a choice...its the 2day flag all captains want to win the most.....and keiwas effort on the weekend would surely have a positive effect on some of the younger players esp.

As for Marmo getting picked in a "14 man" squad, well good on him for making himself available, (and the other 13 for that matter),i know very well that selectors/captains spend a lot of their own money on the phone etc getting hold of players prepared to travel to places like Leeton on a sunday! And while this might surprise you, Saturday was the first time i had ever seen the guy keep, and must say i was quite impressed, also did a good job with the bat at a "tricky" time for us....so who knows it could pay dividends for caw??

Not having a direct go at you here either, (just the one i replied to), but there just doesn't seem to be much "positive" cricket talk spoken on this thing!! OH AND PS: if Josh started skyeting about his hundred in thirds,(which for the record he hasn't), he'd get cut down to size before he could blink!!!!

Well lets hope this weekend has some great cricket played, and i hope the generall caw public wishes the rep team well on sunday....Leeton have been very very strong over the last 5 or so years, it would be great to see us get one back on them.

abbsy.

Ducks fly together;275936 said:
abbs, did I say Josh has skyeting up his c-grade ton, I doubt he would be doing that, so dont get your back-up about nothing tiger.

The point I was trying to make (i admit unsuccessfully), is that how can a guy who has not played a prov A grade game get into the rep side?? If you can answer that you have done well, thats my beef, not who it is but how was he picked. As for a keeper - i though Nathan Thompson would be a pretty natural choice - 2 tons in the 1st game of the season, thats as good a form as you will get and he can handle the gloves no problem at all.
Hoppers, as for jealousy, mate I have been a bits-and-pieces player all my life, and it doesnt worry me in the slightest, I go where my team needs me and I do what I can to help my team win. Im lucky if Im classed as a prov B player, so rep cricket is never in my sights.

But my main idea was that 20/20 is a useless form of cricket!! It's just a slog-a-thon, not gunna improve anyones cricket at all, we dont play rep 20/20, we play rep 50overs, so WHY not play 50 over cricket??? Could have the same type of draw, pools of teams and the top teams of the pools go to the finals, not hard to substitute one for the other - so I dont get Erdle's 'big picture' analogy.

Finally, I also wish the best for the rep team against Leeton, love to see CAW take out a few trophies this season, whomever is in the side.
It's funny on these sites, my name isnt really secret - most guys know who I was as soon as I made my first post. And yes I will voice my opinion, if you dont like it you can ignore me - easy. Or if you got a counterpoint, even better, nothing better that a bit 'o debate.

Thompson was picked.........availability still not known, definateley form player of the comp....hope he plays, have a rivalry with leeton, hope he plays and smashes them all over the shop.

it's the fence or nothin;275851 said:

Mate I have writen the facts, cash for playing footy,:D and my son doesnt slut himself around !:D

Ducks fly together;275936 said:

Thompson was picked.........availability still not known, definateley form player of the comp....hope he plays, have a rivalry with leeton, hope he plays and smashes them all over the shop.

it's the fence or nothin;275851 said:

Mate I have writen the facts, cash for playing footy,:D and my son doesnt slut himself around !:D

harryhoward;276241 said:
can anyone confirm if jason smith is in town yet

Not htat I've heard, If he was i would think lavi would have him allover the press and media. He might be on the same plane as Kelvin Williams? and they have to dropin to Sydney and pick up Dom,as wellas call into Adelaide and round up Dizzy.

harryhoward;276241 said:

Not htat I've heard, If he was i would think lavi would have him allover the press and media. He might be on the same plane as Kelvin Williams? and they have to dropin to Sydney and pick up Dom,as wellas call into Adelaide and round up Dizzy.

Wanie eat your heart out;276249 said:

I heard he was rowing here.

harryhoward;276241 said:

I spoke to a Lavi second grade player this morning and he reckons Smith isn't coming. Said he overheard Grant Ball and Steve Wright at training last night talking about organising for him to come out for next season.

I wouldn't call him the most reliable source but if it's true it would be a shame.

Wanie eat your heart out;276249 said:

I heard he was rowing here.

harryhoward;276241 said:

I spoke to a Lavi second grade player this morning and he reckons Smith isn't coming. Said he overheard Grant Ball and Steve Wright at training last night talking about organising for him to come out for next season.

I wouldn't call him the most reliable source but if it's true it would be a shame.

Watchful Eye;276209 said:

Cash for playing footy... does that mean that all the O and M players and everyone else that gets paid to play are sluts?

Boony's Tash;276611 said:
Cash for playing footy... does that mean that all the O and M players and everyone else that gets paid to play are sluts?

How many 16 y/o s do you know of that get paid in the O & M, he was 16 when at Wod Saints, and courting himself around

Watchful Eye;276209 said:

Watchful Eye;276620 said:
How many 16 y/o s do you know of that get paid in the O & M, he was 16 when at Wod Saints, and courting himself around
How do u know for a fact mate that he was gettin 60 bucks a game at saints and isn't this big cricket not bigfooty so if u want to keep talk bout marms go onto bigfooty. Now tips for this w.e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back