Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

wizards;279288 said:
Apparently no one has ever been happy at North, the Ego's of the 3main men (everyone knows who they are) probably the reason why so many players come n go, they dont want to put up with there crap been happening for along time...

can we make an agreement to ban the word "ego" from this forum from now on caus let's face it if you're reading this you probably have one or are on youre way to developing one .bowl with a bit of mongrel about ya and bat better,it's about cricket, remember the game we love?

the chief;279099 said:
hey men,
just got to the area and see 2 players at the ego club (hoppers) have already come to blows.
my source tells me scott vincent is heading to the titans in the next few weeks, told the other person involved is bradman jack.

the chief

Apparently no one has ever been happy at North, the Ego's of the 3main men (everyone knows who they are) probably the reason why so many players come n go, they dont want to put up with there crap been happening for along time...

wizards;279288 said:

what a load of shit, of course some bloke at some clubs dont get along but its the same everywhere. did you ever think that the reason players came and went so frequently is alot of blokes like being the big fish in a small pond and with guys like abbsy and jack etc alot of blokes dont like sharing the spotlight?

wizards;279288 said:

can we make an agreement to ban the word "ego" from this forum from now on caus let's face it if you're reading this you probably have one or are on youre way to developing one .bowl with a bit of mongrel about ya and bat better,it's about cricket, remember the game we love?

wizards;279288 said:

what a load of shit, of course some bloke at some clubs dont get along but its the same everywhere. did you ever think that the reason players came and went so frequently is alot of blokes like being the big fish in a small pond and with guys like abbsy and jack etc alot of blokes dont like sharing the spotlight?

Great to see Yackandandah get thier first win in the Provincial Comp against St Pats.
An outright win at any time is hard to get let alone when u r fighting out of ur division

Also good to see Paul Hore made a phone call to young Josh Marmo from North Albury during the week about his batting and horey took what he was told on board and duly knocked up 162 runs on the weekend.

Well done boys.:D:D

the chief;279099 said:
hey men,
just got to the area and see 2 players at the ego club (hoppers) have already come to blows.
my source tells me scott vincent is heading to the titans in the next few weeks, told the other person involved is bradman jack.

the chief

why would the cheif make up something like that,maybe he is an ex player from north with a grudge to grind? Maybe he is now playing at Titans? Has a relationship of some kind with Scott Vincent, Maybe works with him or as of last week used too. Maybe he is of charactor that has got a history of stirring up shit thats not based on any facts. Ummm lets see I wonder who it could be? Ive given the clues gents, you are all inteligent men I think you can guess.
So as you can see not much to believe in The Cheifs story

Great to see Yackandandah get thier first win in the Provincial Comp against St Pats.
An outright win at any time is hard to get let alone when u r fighting out of ur division

Also good to see Paul Hore made a phone call to young Josh Marmo from North Albury during the week about his batting and horey took what he was told on board and duly knocked up 162 runs on the weekend.

Its Honestly Middo;279573 said:

They knocked over the patties in 15 overs,, Great effort Yack.
Good on CAW to, for not allowing the stupid rule of 80ovrs a day Maximum that the club presidents votes in a while back. If that was in results like yacks could not be achieved.

the chief;279099 said:
hey men,

the chief

why would the cheif make up something like that,maybe he is an ex player from north with a grudge to grind? Maybe he is now playing at Titans? Has a relationship of some kind with Scott Vincent, Maybe works with him or as of last week used too. Maybe he is of charactor that has got a history of stirring up shit thats not based on any facts. Ummm lets see I wonder who it could be? Ive given the clues gents, you are all inteligent men I think you can guess.
So as you can see not much to believe in The Cheifs story

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumour that Dan Markham has been told his services are no longer required by The Titans after heading to the races last weekend and not informing anyone of his unavailability:confused:

They knocked over the patties in 15 overs,, Great effort Yack.
Good on CAW to, for not allowing the stupid rule of 80ovrs a day Maximum that the club presidents votes in a while back. If that was in results like yacks could not be achieved.

Well done to the roos.Now the pressure is on Raiders to win a few games.
Well Horey on making a big ton.Is that his first for the ranga's???

This one goes out to Middo.Thanks for putting a C Grade team on the park.Thanks Ranga's for the game it was full of laughs like all C Grade games should be.

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumour that Dan Markham has been told his services are no longer required by The Titans after heading to the races last weekend and not informing anyone of his unavailability:confused:

You would have to ask why would St Pats dec at 5/115, only 29 runs in front of Yacks 1st Innings having to bat again ??:confused::confused:: Very strange move. Congrats to Yack though !

This one goes out to Middo.Thanks for putting a C Grade team on the park.Thanks Ranga's for the game it was full of laughs like all C Grade games should be.

big guys don't run;279610 said:

First ton 4 the Ranga,s and also his 1st career ton,hopefully now the m0nkeys of his back he continues to perform at that level.
Good 2 c u enjoyed the game against our C grade boys,we really only got the team together at 9pm on Thursday niteafter numerous phone calls.

Thx 4 playing the game in the right spirit big guy

You would have to ask why would St Pats dec at 5/115, only 29 runs in front of Yacks 1st Innings having to bat again ??:confused::confused:: Very strange move. Congrats to Yack though !

Powerbroker;279585 said:

its dan markham, so id believe it

big guys don't run;279610 said:

First ton 4 the Ranga,s and also his 1st career ton,hopefully now the m0nkeys of his back he continues to perform at that level.
Good 2 c u enjoyed the game against our C grade boys,we really only got the team together at 9pm on Thursday niteafter numerous phone calls.

Thx 4 playing the game in the right spirit big guy

another great pitch at willow park i hear 140 runs 20 wickets. seeing baranduda are playing all their home games there they are in for a long season.

if i was a bowler i would be licking my lips in antisapation.

apart from the 6 points raiders conceded for poor pitch management in not ensuring the ir pitch was covered properly i wonder if the association will investigate the matter further.

wodonga was robbed of an outright.

Powerbroker;279585 said:

its dan markham, so id believe it

hardnut;279712 said:
another great pitch at willow park i hear 140 runs 20 wickets. seeing baranduda are playing all their home games there they are in for a long season.

apart from the 6 points raiders conceded for poor pitch management in not ensuring the ir pitch was covered properly i wonder if the association will investigate the matter further.

Yes Wodonga was robbed of an outright, have it on good authority they did not cover the other wickets properly.
Will CAW have the balls to do something about it ??

Another good win by the Rep boys 2day,I believe all players turned up this week as well.
Good work Grunta.
Thommo a quickfire 44,Tonks 40 odd and Andrew Hill a 5 Fa,oh and for those interested J.Warren-Marmo run out 0

hardnut;279712 said:

Yes Wodonga was robbed of an outright, have it on good authority they did not cover the other wickets properly.

Watchful Eye;279801 said:

I really hope you were joking about Wodonga getting an outright. Your facts about the wicket may be correct in some aspects, but did you no that people were there from 6 in the morning working on the wickets. The call was made to the assoc by the president when they knew the wicket was bad (not like albury who were told to cover the wicket after 5 on friday night). The club admitted its mistake and in no way were looking to cheat or call the game off. Both captains were called and the umpires as well. The assoc offered wodonga the win plus ave bonus points for the weekend or sit there to 4 and call it a draw. Then it would have been the wankers to put in a complant and both clubs being called to a meeting. The club had nothing to hide and admitted the mistake not like an albury club did last year. Give them some credit for the way it was handled and stick to sitting at home on the weekend and not seeing the daylight.

Another good win by the Rep boys 2day,I believe all players turned up this week as well.
Good work Grunta.
Thommo a quickfire 44,Tonks 40 odd and Andrew Hill a 5 Fa,oh and for those interested J.Warren-Marmo run out 0

hardnut;279712 said:

And another great wicket at wodonga, Yack, Lavi do you want me to keep going?????????? Good to see the kangaroo bandits have there own ground and if they want to complain about the wicket they are more than welcome to come over and lend a hand with it im sure the there will be blokes lining up to help since they are just a great bunch of blokes or maybe since your such an expert you could be down there helping out and passing on your words of wisdom instead of doing it on the computer???????????????????????

Watchful Eye;279801 said:

I really hope you were joking about Wodonga getting an outright. Your facts about the wicket may be correct in some aspects, but did you no that people were there from 6 in the morning working on the wickets. The call was made to the assoc by the president when they knew the wicket was bad (not like albury who were told to cover the wicket after 5 on friday night). The club admitted its mistake and in no way were looking to cheat or call the game off. Both captains were called and the umpires as well. The assoc offered wodonga the win plus ave bonus points for the weekend or sit there to 4 and call it a draw. Then it would have been the wankers to put in a complant and both clubs being called to a meeting. The club had nothing to hide and admitted the mistake not like an albury club did last year. Give them some credit for the way it was handled and stick to sitting at home on the weekend and not seeing the daylight.

hardnut;279712 said:
Interesting, you obviously don't have any idea about the curating of wickets cause if you did you would realise that 40mm of rain the day before the game generally hinders the preparation of a turf wicket:rolleyes: Makes it a bit hard to cut the track and give it another days preparation. After reading your previous posts you sound like a Baranduda player/supporter and you guys had the best of the conditions both weeks and still couldn't cut the mustard. Nothing has been mentioned about the fact that in the Raiders vs Bulldogs game at Martin Park 11 wickets fell in 2 hours. By the sounds of it a number of decks in the area were seriously affected by the weather, some only with under preparation due to the elements. There's no real solution to the problem so you just have to grin and bare it:)

P.S. I'm sure the guys at Willow are looking forward to seeing you come down this week and showing them the error of their ways:)

hardnut;279712 said:

And another great wicket at wodonga, Yack, Lavi do you want me to keep going?????????? Good to see the kangaroo bandits have there own ground and if they want to complain about the wicket they are more than welcome to come over and lend a hand with it im sure the there will be blokes lining up to help since they are just a great bunch of blokes or maybe since your such an expert you could be down there helping out and passing on your words of wisdom instead of doing it on the computer???????????????????????

Powerbroker;279820 said:
Good work Grunta.

great start to the year with a win over quenbeyan. dont know if the comets guys were playing but thatd make it even better if guys like higgsy and jono dean were in the side. good work boys.

and just on the subject of our best mate (we all know who he is), im not the biggest fan of him as a person but i'll stick up for him here and say that a run out really has not alot to do with how good a player you are. i reckon i could be batting with tendulkar up the non strikers end and someone how run him out for a diamond. doesnt mean hes a shit player.

hardnut;279712 said:
Interesting, you obviously don't have any idea about the curating of wickets cause if you did you would realise that 40mm of rain the day before the game generally hinders the preparation of a turf wicket:rolleyes: Makes it a bit hard to cut the track and give it another days preparation. After reading your previous posts you sound like a Baranduda player/supporter and you guys had the best of the conditions both weeks and still couldn't cut the mustard. Nothing has been mentioned about the fact that in the Raiders vs Bulldogs game at Martin Park 11 wickets fell in 2 hours. By the sounds of it a number of decks in the area were seriously affected by the weather, some only with under preparation due to the elements. There's no real solution to the problem so you just have to grin and bare it:)

P.S. I'm sure the guys at Willow are looking forward to seeing you come down this week and showing them the error of their ways:)

Cram it up your..........;279851 said:

Maybe the powers that be at the Raiders should have put the covers on instead of the Warriors boys !:p

Powerbroker;279820 said:
Good work Grunta.

great start to the year with a win over quenbeyan. dont know if the comets guys were playing but thatd make it even better if guys like higgsy and jono dean were in the side. good work boys.

and just on the subject of our best mate (we all know who he is), im not the biggest fan of him as a person but i'll stick up for him here and say that a run out really has not alot to do with how good a player you are. i reckon i could be batting with tendulkar up the non strikers end and someone how run him out for a diamond. doesnt mean hes a shit player.

I think that whinging about the state of the wicket does you no favours at all, at the end of the day, if you aren't good enough you arent good enough, rarely does a pitch get a player out anyway. It certainly poses some different challenges to a batsman, & i reckon its its better to tough it out on a sticky wicket than do it easy on a road, much more satisfying when you come away with a win anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back