Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Cram it up your..........;279851 said:
I really hope you were joking about Wodonga getting an outright. Your facts about the wicket may be correct in some aspects, but did you no that people were there from 6 in the morning working on the wickets. The call was made to the assoc by the president when they knew the wicket was bad (not like albury who were told to cover the wicket after 5 on friday night). The club admitted its mistake and in no way were looking to cheat or call the game off. Both captains were called and the umpires as well. The assoc offered wodonga the win plus ave bonus points for the weekend or sit there to 4 and call it a draw. Then it would have been the wankers to put in a complant and both clubs being called to a meeting. The club had nothing to hide and admitted the mistake not like an albury club did last year. Give them some credit for the way it was handled and stick to sitting at home on the weekend and not seeing the daylight.

Maybe the powers that be at the Raiders should have put the covers on instead of the Warriors boys !:p

KokodaMidget;279971 said:
I think that whinging about the state of the wicket does you no favours at all, at the end of the day, if you aren't good enough you arent good enough, rarely does a pitch get a player out anyway. It certainly poses some different challenges to a batsman, & i reckon its its better to tough it out on a sticky wicket than do it easy on a road, much more satisfying when you come away with a win anyway!

Ill agree with that up to a point Kokoda.
Its not easy if you have to chase a target that was made on a road 1 week, to then have to bad on a slow, sticky wicket the next.
In a one-day game, the pitch wont change much and if its sticky, its the same for both teams.
But you can very seriously disadvantaged trying to chase on a wet pitch, at that seemed to be the trend last saturday, not alot of big scores made.

I think that whinging about the state of the wicket does you no favours at all, at the end of the day, if you aren't good enough you arent good enough, rarely does a pitch get a player out anyway. It certainly poses some different challenges to a batsman, & i reckon its its better to tough it out on a sticky wicket than do it easy on a road, much more satisfying when you come away with a win anyway!

old hand;279880 said:
and just on the subject of our best mate (we all know who he is), im not the biggest fan of him as a person but i'll stick up for him here and say that a run out really has not alot to do with how good a player you are. i reckon i could be batting with tendulkar up the non strikers end and someone how run him out for a diamond. doesnt mean hes a shit player.

Im with you there old hand. A run out is never a measure of how a guy is batting, no matter who it is. 1 good piece of fielding and a direct-hit and your on your way.

KokodaMidget;279971 said:

Ill agree with that up to a point Kokoda.
Its not easy if you have to chase a target that was made on a road 1 week, to then have to bad on a slow, sticky wicket the next.
In a one-day game, the pitch wont change much and if its sticky, its the same for both teams.
But you can very seriously disadvantaged trying to chase on a wet pitch, at that seemed to be the trend last saturday, not alot of big scores made.

can anyone tell me how st pats by losing outright to yackandandah on saturday can get more points then yack from this game? just does not make sense to me, we reward the team that loses, can anyone clarify

old hand;279880 said:
and just on the subject of our best mate (we all know who he is), im not the biggest fan of him as a person but i'll stick up for him here and say that a run out really has not alot to do with how good a player you are. i reckon i could be batting with tendulkar up the non strikers end and someone how run him out for a diamond. doesnt mean hes a shit player.

Im with you there old hand. A run out is never a measure of how a guy is batting, no matter who it is. 1 good piece of fielding and a direct-hit and your on your way.

Ducks fly together;280059 said:

Wasnt having a crack at the guy just thought with a lot of people on here havin a crack that it mite give us something to talk about 4 a few days.

;);)

can anyone tell me how st pats by losing outright to yackandandah on saturday can get more points then yack from this game? just does not make sense to me, we reward the team that loses, can anyone clarify

nah i know mate, im just sick of hearing about the kid. yes he is at north, no not everyone in the world likes him, but he can bat. done. that should just about be it.

did any of the baranduda players who went to kiewa play a grade on the weekend? theres are couple who are good enough for a grade, was just wondering if they did play whether they had a big impact on the match?

Ducks fly together;280059 said:

Wasnt having a crack at the guy just thought with a lot of people on here havin a crack that it mite give us something to talk about 4 a few days.

;);)

harryhoward;280133 said:

yeah harry it goes like this....
st pats bonus points are: 1.94 (194 runs total): 4 (20 wkts @ .2 each) plus 6 (first innings win, [to be retained if beaten outright])
total = 11.94

yack bonus points are: 2.3 (230 runs total): 3 (15 wkts @ .2 each) plus 6 (outright win after loss on first innings)
total = 11.3

Bear in mind if you were to be given 10 points for an outright after losing first innings you would have match fixing galore, ie teams deliberately losing first innings, worth 6 points to get 10 for an outright,...hope this clears that up for you????

nah i know mate, im just sick of hearing about the kid. yes he is at north, no not everyone in the world likes him, but he can bat. done. that should just about be it.

did any of the baranduda players who went to kiewa play a grade on the weekend? theres are couple who are good enough for a grade, was just wondering if they did play whether they had a big impact on the match?

abbs;280372 said:
st pats bonus points are: 1.94 (194 runs total): 4 (20 wkts @ .2 each) plus 6 (first innings win, [to be retained if beaten outright])
total = 11.94

yack bonus points are: 2.3 (230 runs total): 3 (15 wkts @ .2 each) plus 6 (outright win after loss on first innings)
total = 11.3

Bear in mind if you were to be given 10 points for an outright after losing first innings you would have match fixing galore, ie teams deliberately losing first innings, worth 6 points to get 10 for an outright,...hope this clears that up for you????

cheers mate

harryhoward;280133 said:

total = 11.94

total = 11.3

just a quick question guys, scots have sides in the junior comps, but where do there players go after they are finished playing juniors? do any of the ABCA sides receive alot of there players that are to old? i know matt salisbury went to east albury but do any of the local senior clubs have an agreement with them that scots will push there juniors towards playing for a certain club eg Titans or east who are both just around the corner?

abbs;280372 said:
total = 11.94

total = 11.3

cheers mate

Watchful Eye;279910 said:
Maybe the powers that be at the Raiders should have put the covers on instead of the Warriors boys !:p

this is from Warrior Cheif Daisy.So watchful just wondering if are busy thursday night.If not come on down and show your face.What do you mean by the warrior boys????? it's all one club.

heard a rumor that the raiders b grade game against wodonga result has gone to CAW as a result off the pitch and unsafe conditions.It was ok to call off a game up the road but The Cheese was in the same shape as biralee.

just a quick question guys, scots have sides in the junior comps, but where do there players go after they are finished playing juniors? do any of the ABCA sides receive alot of there players that are to old? i know matt salisbury went to east albury but do any of the local senior clubs have an agreement with them that scots will push there juniors towards playing for a certain club eg Titans or east who are both just around the corner?

abbs;280372 said:
total = 11.94

total = 11.3

wouldnt that be risky abbs,there's a fair chance it may backfire in youre face,and if you can pull it off "the world to ya"

Watchful Eye;279910 said:

this is from Warrior Cheif Daisy.So watchful just wondering if are busy thursday night.If not come on down and show your face.What do you mean by the warrior boys????? it's all one club.

heard a rumor that the raiders b grade game against wodonga result has gone to CAW as a result off the pitch and unsafe conditions.It was ok to call off a game up the road but The Cheese was in the same shape as biralee.

it's the fence or nothin;281019 said:
wouldnt that be risky abbs,there's a fair chance it may backfire in youre face,and if you can pull it off "the world to ya"

You a bit thick, fence or nothing.
What abbs is getting at is if you recieved more points for outrights over first innings, Teams would be declaring there first innings at 0/0 and playing for out right points. Hence 6 pts 1st inn & 4 extra for sec inn win.

abbs;280372 said:
total = 11.94

total = 11.3

Wanie eat your heart out;281107 said:
What abbs is getting at is if you recieved more points for outrights over first innings, Teams would be declaring there first innings at 0/0 and playing for out right points. Hence 6 pts 1st inn & 4 extra for sec inn win.

yeah i must be a bit thick (commin from a guy who cant spell warnie ) i still think that would be risky and could backfire,you would only do it to cellar dwellers in which case everyone would do it and it would be even up the top,sure the guy's down the bottom would have there backs to the wall but if they could upset a couple of these then it would mix thing's right up.i hope i'm on the right track and am not boring you with more stupidity if i'm not feel free to come around and explain it in person "wanie".

it's the fence or nothin;281019 said:

Whats news around the traps, ladies? There hasnt been alot of talk about how fast ive been bowling and how big my chest is? Whats up with that?

Cos Ive been lettin em go the quickest ive been since probably the 96/97 season i reckon, beating the bat on a consistant basis, massive carry through and really slapping into tommos gloves hard as. Are you guys scared? coz u should be!

Tip for the 20/20; tallangatta

Wanie eat your heart out;281107 said:

yeah i must be a bit thick (commin from a guy who cant spell warnie ) i still think that would be risky and could backfire,you would only do it to cellar dwellers in which case everyone would do it and it would be even up the top,sure the guy's down the bottom would have there backs to the wall but if they could upset a couple of these then it would mix thing's right up.i hope i'm on the right track and am not boring you with more stupidity if i'm not feel free to come around and explain it in person "wanie".

Steve_Woods_Chest;281182 said:
Whats news around the traps, ladies? There hasnt been alot of talk about how fast ive been bowling and how big my chest is? Whats up with that?

Cos Ive been lettin em go the quickest ive been since probably the 96/97 season i reckon, beating the bat on a consistant basis, massive carry through and really slapping into tommos gloves hard as. Are you guys scared? coz u should be!

Rightio..................................

it's the fence or nothin;281158 said:

arr, this is frustrating .you cant have a points system that encourages contrived results .If you got more points for a scond innings win than for a first inn win, both sides would be forfeiting there 1st inn and playing for the 2nd innings win(out right result) there is no risk to either side as the loser is no worse off wether they loose first or second innings. so why wouldnt both sides declare there 1st inn at say 10 overs old and than just play normally for max points.
If you tell me where you live The Fence Or Nothing I can come around and draw you some pictures.

Rightio..................................

Wanie eat your heart out;281388 said:
arr, this is frustrating .you cant have a points system that encourages contrived results .If you got more points for a scond innings win than for a first inn win, both sides would be forfeiting there 1st inn and playing for the 2nd innings win(out right result) there is no risk to either side as the loser is no worse off wether they loose first or second innings. so why wouldnt both sides declare there 1st inn at say 10 overs old and than just play normally for max points.
If you tell me where you live The Fence Or Nothing I can come around and draw you some pictures.

what if you declared first then the other captain doesnt and decides to shaft you?wouldnt that be a risk?besides i dont think it would be in the spirit of the game and i'm pretty sure that contrived results are against the rules.for you to contemplate this sure send's out bad signal's about the way you operate,in fact it comes across like youre a complete cheating **************.the adress is 502 guinea st so come around and we can think of some more way's to screw the system.

it's the fence or nothin;281158 said:

Shaved down that chest yet Woody? Or your back? Youd be even quicker then...

You were quick in the 97/98 summer as well in the semi final v East. When you hadnt bowled all season and bowled absolute smoke. Made Killeen look like a medium pacer.

Wanie eat your heart out;281388 said:

what if you declared first then the other captain doesnt and decides to shaft you?wouldnt that be a risk?besides i dont think it would be in the spirit of the game and i'm pretty sure that contrived results are against the rules.for you to contemplate this sure send's out bad signal's about the way you operate,in fact it comes across like youre a complete cheating **************.the adress is 502 guinea st so come around and we can think of some more way's to screw the system.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha,******n ha

Shaved down that chest yet Woody? Or your back? Youd be even quicker then...

You were quick in the 97/98 summer as well in the semi final v East. When you hadnt bowled all season and bowled absolute smoke. Made Killeen look like a medium pacer.

it's the fence or nothin;281453 said:

You cant put brains in monuments , this is like trying to polish a turd ,no matter how hard you try it just cant be done.
one more time, this is why we have a points system like we do so it doesnt even enter in captains minds to manipulate the system.Not that it would matter much if you were captain,you wouldnt be able to manipulate the knob on your c**k

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha,******n ha

Wanie eat your heart out;281739 said:
You cant put brains in monuments , this is like trying to polish a turd ,no matter how hard you try it just cant be done.
one more time, this is why we have a points system like we do so it doesnt even enter in captains minds to manipulate the system.Not that it would matter much if you were captain,you wouldnt be able to manipulate the knob on your c**k

i just gave it a go and youre right,it is pretty tricky this whole manipulating knob's thing,maybe you can give me some pointers on how it's done, you obviously have some skill in this area and i'd be glad if you could share youre expertiese.
was there any upsets in the 20/20 yesterday?any news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back