Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
W
think it shows most of the hacks on hear are from Glen Iris. Be a quality game on Saturday, two great clubs
Well we all want to have a crack at Glen Iris. Why? They play hard, they had a great year and they git done in the semi by an unbelievable bowling performance by Davo and some poor umpiring. The truth is, GI beat everyone in the top six this year and my guess is they'll be there again next year. Southern, good luck. You guys have had a great season and I wish you all the best. It will be a great game that is for sure!!!

W
Well we all want to have a crack at Glen Iris. Why? They play hard, they had a great year and they git done in the semi by an unbelievable bowling performance by Davo and some poor umpiring. The truth is, GI beat everyone in the top six this year and my guess is they'll be there again next year. Southern, good luck. You guys have had a great season and I wish you all the best. It will be a great game that is for sure!!!

thanks jenks, looking forward to it

agree, it is great that a team can come up from A turf, finish 2nd and make a semi final, cant have happened many times, and i think they will be around for a long time, creating a vicious rivalry with bulleen.

GI very unlucky this year fantastic effort from there opener 88 from 140 runs but i was at the game and that umpiring from eddie was out rite cheating wasn't good to watch he cost them a grand final!

I recommend you delete that comment as soon as you can so that this forum can go on peacefully.
I have one question, in the case of a washed out game, do the umpires vote towards the dunstan medal. For example, suppose a player were to take 6 wickets in the first innings to have the consequents day play cancelled due to rain, would he be deemed the 3 votes or would there be no votes for that game?
This has troubled me all season.
Feedback would be appreciated

I recommend you delete that comment as soon as you can so that this forum can go on peacefully.
I have one question, in the case of a washed out game, do the umpires vote towards the dunstan medal. For example, suppose a player were to take 6 wickets in the first innings to have the consequents day play cancelled due to rain, would he be deemed the 3 votes or would there be no votes for that game?
This has troubled me all season.
Feedback would be appreciated

i wouldnt have thought there would be votes given for a match that wasn't completed.

you wouldnt be binney or galpin would you? just taking a stab in the dark

i wouldnt have thought there would be votes given for a match that wasn't completed.

you wouldnt be binney or galpin would you? just taking a stab in the dark

No, sorry you would be very wrong with both of those stabs.
Would you agree that its not the fairest system in deeming the best player of the association?
Are there better ways to determine this prestigious award? Personally, i think the association should consider introducing an AFL style players MVP award.
How are you shaping up for the weekend punter? been doing a bit of work on your running down at Ashy no doubt?

No, sorry you would be very wrong with both of those stabs.
Would you agree that its not the fairest system in deeming the best player of the association?
Are there better ways to determine this prestigious award? Personally, i think the association should consider introducing an AFL style players MVP award.
How are you shaping up for the weekend punter? been doing a bit of work on your running down at Ashy no doubt?

i dont think a MVP would be a bad idea, would you get just captains of each team to vote?

preperation is good, why would we be working on our running though?

Captains may not be the best idea. I know it would be a very difficult task, but perhaps each of the 11's for the games (22 players in total) do a 3 - 2 - 1 and at the end of each round are collated into a single 3 - 2 - 1. Is there even a governing body in the association that would facilitate this process?
The reason i mentioned your running between wickets was because i noticed a run out at the top of your order which is never an ideal way for an opener to go out, 51 by CA is a pretty good effort regardless..
I hope you are preparing well, not having watched Ashy play this year has left me really wanting more. I'll definitely be sinking a beverage or 20 come Saturday. Donvale 12:30?

Captains may not be the best idea. I know it would be a very difficult task, but perhaps each of the 11's for the games (22 players in total) do a 3 - 2 - 1 and at the end of each round are collated into a single 3 - 2 - 1. Is there even a governing body in the association that would facilitate this process?
The reason i mentioned your running between wickets was because i noticed a run out at the top of your order which is never an ideal way for an opener to go out, 51 by CA is a pretty good effort regardless..
I hope you are preparing well, not having watched Ashy play this year has left me really wanting more. I'll definitely be sinking a beverage or 20 come Saturday. Donvale 12:30?

i would think that the ECA would be happy to stick with the umpires votes, that sounds like alot more work for the executive.

in regards to the runout, it was not regulation, originally it was an LBW shout and the ball went behind the wicket and CA found himself short of his ground as slips threw down the stumps. he did admit a breif brain fade, and not a great way to go out, but i dont think there is a good way to go out at all?

donvale, 1230, great viewing ground all round, looking forward to a large crowd and plenty of support, will be interesting to get the opinions of the members on this forum on who they would prefer to win, rather than who they think will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back