Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no need to get so personal everyone... banter is fine, but plain old sooking (and pretending its sledging) doesn't reflect well on anyone.

Bulleen should go in as favourites but it might be closer than you think. I'll back Miles to be the leading wicket taker in the match and Judd to be the leading runscorer.
Interesting thought on how sides might go in a full season with more 2 day cricket, but at the end of the day you can only do what you can do, so credit to GI for a terrific season...

Leave the dunstan medal to the umps, not the players, otherwise unliked players (perhaps a few that have been mentioned on this site) just won't get a vote despite playing well. And some wally that bats at 9 and doesn't bowl might win it by default. A bit like when Cameron Ling was voted best looking player in the AFL by the players.

good luck those playing saturday, might see you there for a beverage or two

I wont go into detail re last weeks game, but to say Secker had a shocker. Congrats to Bulleen.

Bring on a full season,good teams win under all diff cirumstances, and yes I will give a kid my spot next year
just for you aaa.

Cheers and good luck watching trash junk stuck up private school kids playing district 4ths.

Good luck in whatever you do next season. Hope you make the right decision

Woulndn't say Judd was in form....Grubich had him out LBW for a duck,lucky for Judd Eddy Secker was umpiring....

If the game was umpired properly it would have been alot closer. Surely Seckers time is up.

Congrats to Bulleen and hope the GF is played in good spirits and the best team wins. For what its worth Porter
is a gun and a big key to the result. If Richo gets going for Ashy he could take the Norm Smith home.

Punter stop getting rapt on the pads and play straight,good luck in the GF mate.

To all you tools,nob jockeys,Sp@stics,low grade cricketers with big mouths it has been a pleasure taking the
p!ss and sledging you this season,and as i said at the start of the season(page 38)my first ever post,
Glen Iris will be a powerhouse and we r coming hard and fast.(1sts-Fin 2nd,2nds-1st,3rds-3rd,4ths-1st,5ths-1st,6ths-1st)
and my U16s going for back to back flags this year.If your not happy at your struggling club come join us for the ride
of yr life at our superb new clubrooms and powerhouse cricket club....

Bad luck on the weekend Peter. You guys had a great year and am sure you will be thereabouts again next season. I don't know about all this hatred, but I think we should tone it down. I agree with you about secker he is useless. Has no idea about umpiring he thinks that the game is all about him where he should let the players play and not make it about him. I have heard rumours in the past where he was drunk at an association presentation night and telling people he triggers people he doesn't like. Good luck to all playing in the GF this weekend and I should be around at somestage. So if you are there Building I would love to have a chat and a beer.

Bad luck on the weekend Peter. You guys had a great year and am sure you will be thereabouts again next season. I don't know about all this hatred, but I think we should tone it down. I agree with you about secker he is useless. Has no idea about umpiring he thinks that the game is all about him where he should let the players play and not make it about him. I have heard rumours in the past where he was drunk at an association presentation night and telling people he triggers people he doesn't like. Good luck to all playing in the GF this weekend and I should be around at somestage. So if you are there Building I would love to have a chat and a beer.

Come on Gents no need to be at each others throats
I am selecting bulleen this weekend. they have more bowling depth supporting Davidson, namely Tsonis and Knight. and cant see Swift or Miles taking 5 fa's again. Given that the rest of the Ashburton side couldn't hit the back side of a barn, I'd say they will be easily victors. The only chance Ashburton has will be if Cox and possible my son Charlie Acutt score a ton.

Speaking of my son, how good was he on the weekend? How did he go out? LBW or Run Out? I love my son

I gurantee the people who are c.acutt and charlies father people will be at your throats because this forum has been in trouble in the past by the ECA and could possibly happen agin if this keeps up. You never know what the ECA are up to these days

To all you tools,nob jockeys,Sp@stics,low grade cricketers with big mouths it has been a pleasure taking the
p!ss and sledging you this season,and as i said at the start of the season(page 38)my first ever post,
Glen Iris will be a powerhouse and we r coming hard and fast.(1sts-Fin 2nd,2nds-1st,3rds-3rd,4ths-1st,5ths-1st,6ths-1st)
and my U16s going for back to back flags this year.If your not happy at your struggling club come join us for the ride
of yr life at our superb new clubrooms and powerhouse cricket club....

Building,
You're possibly the biggest parasite and anomaly on this site since the toad left its presence. I truly hope the ECA go head hunting for people like you. It will guarantee that your spot will be given to a deserving player next season. Don't try and trump up the fact that Glen Iris didn't have an easy ride this season, given full season playing conditions it would surely not have worked in the favor or your young and fragile team - and you can't disagree or argue with that fact.
As for laying personal attacks on people (Re: watch your back) its childish and certainly doesn't reflect well on your club. Consider your words and more importantly actions, you might make more friends then enemies. Only being new to this thread, but having read it since its infancy, i can assure you that your posting has caused a lot of people to re consider their opinions on Glen Iris.
Regards,
S

Pumpkin eater, the embarrassment of getting named out, missing weeks and being frowned upon by the playing community is enough incentive to at least have a bit of sense.
Shit talking about umpires, using peoples names as account names is just stupid. Frustrates me.

Top shelf stuff there Smug! Especially the part about umpires...

Pumpkin eater, the embarrassment of getting named out, missing weeks and being frowned upon by the playing community is enough incentive to at least have a bit of sense.
Shit talking about umpires, using peoples names as account names is just stupid. Frustrates me.

You're presuming, of course, that he possesses common sense. From the nature of his posts, coupled with the fact he clearly doesn't care what the repercussions of his actions are, I think this might be a little unrealistic.

It may well frustrate you, but just feel sorry for all those people who have to put up with him day in, day out. We only have to put up with them when he drinks and then feels the need to vent his frustration here. What I do agree with, however, is that his presence in the forum has done nothing for Glen Iris or their push towards finals.

You're presuming, of course, that he possesses common sense. From the nature of his posts, coupled with the fact he clearly doesn't care what the repercussions of his actions are, I think this might be a little unrealistic.

It may well frustrate you, but just feel sorry for all those people who have to put up with him day in, day out. We only have to put up with them when he drinks and then feels the need to vent his frustration here. What I do agree with, however, is that his presence in the forum has done nothing for Glen Iris or their push towards finals.

But that is only because you no longer play at Deepdene and therefore "untouchable" by the powers of the ECA!

Well played sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back