Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashy have already sold 100+ social memberships on the back of this to past players, friends etc. Clearly the chance to sit behind the glass at Ferndale Park and watch Streak and Co go at it is a winner. The move will pay for itself shortly. Great investment if you ask me.

On another note - I wonder if old Mal Lockwood will be happy that someone has taken the attention off him? Isn't he the top tog at Ferndale? He might have to bowl first change behind Streak and Blignaut. He will be filthy!!! :p

I've heard a few rumours, the main one being that the skipper at Mont Albert wont let Hargreaves play till he looses at least 15kilos.

I've heard a few rumours, the main one being that the skipper at Mont Albert wont let Hargreaves play till he looses at least 15kilos.
I don't believe that.
1.) I don't think Wrighty is that sort of guy.
2.) Despite being short of optimal playing weight Hargreaves had a cracker of a year last year.

If Mark Cosgrove can play state cricket then I am pretty sure Hargreaves can play Dunstan shield.

What else you got?

Interesting to see in the gradings that GI's are running teams in Dunstan and A, I know they have some gun bats but do they have the bowling depth for both grades? If we get a decent summer can there dinky medium pacers do the job? Grubich can bowl in any conditions, not sure about the rest though...........

Interesting to see in the gradings that GI's are running teams in Dunstan and A, I know they have some gun bats but do they have the bowling depth for both grades? If we get a decent summer can there dinky medium pacers do the job? Grubich can bowl in any conditions, not sure about the rest though...........
Dinky medium pacers can do the job if they bowl accurately and can do something with the ball. There are no really quick bowlers in the whole comp.

Dinky medium pacers can do the job if they bowl accurately and can do something with the ball. There are no really quick bowlers in the whole comp.
Thought Dunstan and A Turf were meant for 1st XI's, regardless how bad Richmond Union are! Time for Reserve grade cicket like Geelong Cricket Association have?

EG: Mont Albert play in Dunstan and Dunstan Reserve. If Mont Albert gets relegated in Dunstan Senior, both their Senior and Reserve teams get demoted to A Turf and A Turf Reserve... the rest of the grades are as they are!

Thought Dunstan and A Turf were meant for 1st XI's, regardless how bad Richmond Union are! Time for Reserve grade cicket like Geelong Cricket Association have?

EG: Mont Albert play in Dunstan and Dunstan Reserve. If Mont Albert gets relegated in Dunstan Senior, both their Senior and Reserve teams get demoted to A Turf and A Turf Reserve... the rest of the grades are as they are!
Not a bad idea at all Council. Something has to be done about Richmond Union. They have finished bottom the last 3 years in a row and now the heroes will get rewarded by getting to play against everyones elses' 2nds. If they make finals it is a disgrace and they shouldn't be awarded anything. The only thing they should be awarded with is an exit out of the comp. Let them go and play in a crap league like Mercantile. Their performances have deserved it.

And if you finish bpttom two in A turf do you then have you teams relegated to E turf and f Turf?

Not true haven't Latrobe Uni 1st's been in the lower grades for years?

Yeah true, and GI's have a good keeper who can keep up, but still, on a flat track medium pace bowlers can really get ripped apart, and while there is no express bowlers of note there is a difference between most other clubs bowling attacks and what GI have, most have at least two or three who push them through. Just an observation anyway!

Yeah true, and GI's have a good keeper who can keep up, but still, on a flat track medium pace bowlers can really get ripped apart, and while there is no express bowlers of note there is a difference between most other clubs bowling attacks and what GI have, most have at least two or three who push them through. Just an observation anyway!
I think a good observation - I have heard they have lost the older blokes who bowled those mediums & Abel the POM, so it will be interesting to see what they dish up this season on the bowling front.

I think a good observation - I have heard they have lost the older blokes who bowled those mediums & Abel the POM, so it will be interesting to see what they dish up this season on the bowling front.
Grubich will bowl himself plenty and no doubt alienate the rest of the team. Heard he was not well liked at all at Heathmont when he was captain/coach there.

Richmond Union actually had a few really good kids, pity the captain was an absolute moron and spent more time yelling at the kids for losing concentration than he did trying to improve them and pump them up. If they are serious they need to get rid of the captain and his brother despite them being there best players, go down to B or maybe even C and totally rebuild. That or merge with Richmond City.............

Not much
Grubich will bowl himself plenty and no doubt alienate the rest of the team. Heard he was not well liked at all at Heathmont when he was captain/coach there.

Not much love for poor Grubich on here is there? Personally I've never had a problem with him, plays hard on the field which is fine, shakes hands after the game and is fine for a chat, the bloke can bat too.

Not much

Not much love for poor Grubich on here is there? Personally I've never had a problem with him, plays hard on the field which is fine, shakes hands after the game and is fine for a chat, the bloke can bat too.
I really don't have any problems with him either anymore. He has delivered a few unnecessary sprays after plays and misses by me when he was bowling years ago. The last time we played against him he was much less aggressive and arrogant. Think he might have mellowed a bit in the last few years.

Not much

Me either. The guy plays hard and like most of us, can deliver a spray but easy for a chat after the game. The bloke can play though.

Me either. The guy plays hard and like most of us, can deliver a spray but easy for a chat after the game. The bloke can play though.
Is he a bit overated though? He is a true all rounder which always makes you valuable but his stats last year were:
170 runs @ 18.9 and 12 wickets @ 21.6. He had done well in 'A' turf for a while before that at both Heathmont and Iris but it is in Dunstan that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back