Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats that got to do with it ? Porter isnt that flash, Judd & Tuckett are well past it and there only good player is Davidson.
I'm picking them for a bottom 3 at least finish !
Mate ! It's a bit early to be saying shite like that ! It will come back and bite you on the arse !

Richmond City meeting last night. Club to be wound up. Amazing fall from grace. I hear STC have made inquiries about their turf ground? They have been trying to get hold of one for years, but without luck. Sorry to all affiliated with Richmond. Sad news.

Can anyone from Richmond officially confirm or deny this? Nothing on the website of fb page, would be very surprised if this happened the week before round 1, last time i played out there they were travelling really well, seemed like a good bunch of guys too.

long time reader, first time contributor. appreciate who ever did that side but would not have picked myself in any of the best 5 sides of the last 20 years i have floated around the ECA . Espically with guys like Wright, Aldons, Flintoff, Thompson, Harris , etc etc etc .. also pretty sure the old man has not mastered the internet. ... anyway good luck for what should be a great year of cricket in all grades (not just Dunstan)........

Mate you've hit me around enough, you must be in the best! Good luck for the year!

Richmond City meeting last night. Club to be wound up. Amazing fall from grace. I hear STC have made inquiries about their turf ground? They have been trying to get hold of one for years, but without luck. Sorry to all affiliated with Richmond. Sad news.
This is a lie mate. I am going to report you to the moderator. As said before completely 100% not true. RCCC has money in the bank, a fantastic extremely motivated and experienced non playing coach, plenty of new players and will have a competitive young Dunstan side as well as 3 other turf teams and a LOC team. Please stop writing crap like this. It is just not true.

Whats that got to do with it ? Porter isnt that flash, Judd & Tuckett are well past it and there only good player is Davidson.
I'm picking them for a bottom 3 at least finish !
I think Judd and Tuckett are only mid 30s. Not that old for batsmen. Hussey is still doing ok at test level. Porter is a class act and although he didn't set the world on fire last season it wouldn't surprise me if he turned it around this season. They also have plenty of other quality players as well. I won't be underestimating them when we play them that is for sure.

Can anyone from Richmond officially confirm or deny this? Nothing on the website of fb page, would be very surprised if this happened the week before round 1, last time i played out there they were travelling really well, seemed like a good bunch of guys too.

How many times can the Richmond City blokes deny this? Clearly they are fine.

Reg Grundy clearly has sources of a similar ilk as Damien Barrett and is trying, unsuccessfully again, to stir the pot.

How many times can the Richmond City blokes deny this? Clearly they are fine.

Reg Grundy clearly has sources of a similar ilk as Damien Barrett and is trying, unsuccessfully again, to stir the pot.

Was simply looking for an official line from Richmond is all, the bloke writing that crap needs to pull his head in I think...........

I think Judd and Tuckett are only mid 30s. Not that old for batsmen. Hussey is still doing ok at test level. Porter is a class act and although he didn't set the world on fire last season it wouldn't surprise me if he turned it around this season. They also have plenty of other quality players as well. I won't be underestimating them when we play them that is for sure.

On the topic of mature age players in Dunstan (40+) who should still be admired that are currently playing in 11/12??

Knight (Bull), Wilson (Cant), Morris (Mulg), Wright (MA), Muckian (RC), Judd (Bull), Carter (Mulg), Thompson x2 (ED), Hargreaves (MA), Dinneen (Marc), Toriero (Haw), Blennerhasset (Bor), Marshall (Ash), Swift (Ash), Murphy (Ash), Taylor (MA).

Agree with comments. If you don't know 100% what is going on at RC then don't stir the pot. I too will report you as is isn't great going into a new season with these allegations.

XXXX - Not sure all of them will be playing this year? I hear Marshall is captain of the 2's down at AWCC. Not sure Wilson is over 40? Might be wrong. Blennerhasset?? Does he make the 'still admired' club? and who is Carter from Mulg? Never heard of him.

Additions - You can't not have Wright (Mont A) in the list. Made a lot of runs for an older bloke.

On the topic of mature age players in Dunstan (40+) who should still be admired that are currently playing in 11/12??

Knight (Bull), Wilson (Cant), Morris (Mulg), Wright (MA), Muckian (RC), Judd (Bull), Carter (Mulg), Thompson x2 (ED), Hargreaves (MA), Dinneen (Marc), Toriero (Haw), Blennerhasset (Bor), Marshall (Ash), Swift (Ash), Murphy (Ash), Taylor (MA).
I am actually not sure if Mucko is 40 yet. Anyway he only played 'D' turf last year. Still a capable bowler but his motivation is not high.

Long time admirer of this forum. Firstly if you didn't know canterbury got relegated last year so you can't put wilson in the category and otherwise he is in his mid 30's. Murphy is 29 so you can't even put him in the 30's bracket.

Long time admirer of this forum. Firstly if you didn't know canterbury got relegated last year so you can't put wilson in the category and otherwise he is in his mid 30's. Murphy is 29 so you can't even put him in the 30's bracket.
Not sure Cutter from ED would be 40 yet. Don't think Hargreaves is 40. Tsonis(Bull) would be 40 I reckon and maybe Porter is close. I think Mackintosh from RC is over 40.

Hey Guys,
Long time reader first time poster.
I notice that one of Deepdene's finest, Daniel O'shea posts here a bit. I have a contact @ Burwood who was bragging to me that they would be the team to beat this season with the signing of O'shea. I thought that O'shea was at Northcote and looking at last weeks teams he was named for Northcote so I think he is just stirring me but he seemed really confident. Was hoping that Daniel or someone else from Burwood could confirm/deny these allegations.
Just had a look @ Surrey Park and still some way to go to get that up for Saturday but let's hope we get on as I can't wait!
Cheers, Lewis

I don't know Baker on a personal level. It was from someone else but will just wait and see. My source is pretty reliable but I won't believe it until I see it. O'shea was killing it at District and I thought he would be in the mix for the Vics so I can't imagine him playing A turf...

Hey Guys,
Long time reader first time poster.
I notice that one of Deepdene's finest, Daniel O'shea posts here a bit. I have a contact @ Burwood who was bragging to me that they would be the team to beat this season with the signing of O'shea. I thought that O'shea was at Northcote and looking at last weeks teams he was named for Northcote so I think he is just stirring me but he seemed really confident. Was hoping that Daniel or someone else from Burwood could confirm/deny these allegations.
Just had a look @ Surrey Park and still some way to go to get that up for Saturday but let's hope we get on as I can't wait!
Cheers, Lewis

WOW, that would be one of the bigger signings of the season. Massive coup for the ECA and A turf if these rumours are true

I don't know Baker on a personal level. It was from someone else but will just wait and see. My source is pretty reliable but I won't believe it until I see it. O'shea was killing it at District and I thought he would be in the mix for the Vics so I can't imagine him playing A turf...
A great get for Burwood if true but a waste of talent if he's playing A grade. And the guys at Deepdene must feel like they've just been kicked in the nuts if he's playing with Burwood, he would be a genuine match winner for them. There must be some dollars involved.

Not sure Cutter from ED would be 40 yet. Don't think Hargreaves is 40. Tsonis(Bull) would be 40 I reckon and maybe Porter is close. I think Mackintosh from RC is over 40.
Hahaha...... Cutter isnt even near 40 !!!! Porter Isnt even 30 !!!!! hahhaha, Hargreaves looks like 50 bit isnt anywhere near 40 !!!! Murphy also not even 30 !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back