Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
big game for you against mulgrave this week, reckon you have their measure? i think you will beat them

atleast one of mont albert and skevs will finally get a win on the board, i had skevs down to win most one dayers, proved me wrong - mont albert to get off the mark

bulleen vs ashy will be a good game after ashy beat city by 8 wickets on sunday, and considering city bowled nth balwyn out for 56, and then they beat hawthorn, they must be very very inconsistent - but bulleen to win with all they district players

hawthorn vs cant, good game, hawthorn to have they 3rd last over game in a row, cant to win

east donny vs richmond city - boring game of the round, donny for mine

glen iris vs nth balwyn - going on GI's form, they will smash NB

I think we're a chance, but Mulgrave won well on the weekend.
MACC should beat Skevs, but if it's wet on Sat, 1 dayers make it a bit more interesting
Bulleen will destroy Ashy
Hawthorn /Cant a good game - battle of the big names - Tongue v Wilson - best of those performers will see their team win
ED v RC - who cares?
I agree about GI

Go Bears

On a different topic, I think it is time the ECA look into having proper Divisions. Dunstan, Dunstan Reserve, A Turf, A Turf Reserve. The Geelong Cricket Association have this set up and works really well. Allows the 2nds to play against the same club as the 1's and also removes the problem of having 2nd XI's playing against 1st XI's in A Turf. Thoughts?

On a different topic, I think it is time the ECA look into having proper Divisions. Dunstan, Dunstan Reserve, A Turf, A Turf Reserve. The Geelong Cricket Association have this set up and works really well. Allows the 2nds to play against the same club as the 1's and also removes the problem of having 2nd XI's playing against 1st XI's in A Turf. Thoughts?

Probibly unnecisary, over the last couple of seasons they've made dunstan and A turf for 1s teams only. otherwisy monty 2s, East donnie 2s and mulgrave 2s would all have gone up. also makes b turf more competitive. last year was great with 9 teams all pretty even. a GCA style comp means some absolute hammerings to clubs with less deapth. imagine old carey's 2s last yr playing b turf teams? :p

Probibly unnecisary, over the last couple of seasons they've made dunstan and A turf for 1s teams only. otherwisy monty 2s, East donnie 2s and mulgrave 2s would all have gone up. also makes b turf more competitive. last year was great with 9 teams all pretty even. a GCA style comp means some absolute hammerings to clubs with less deapth. imagine old carey's 2s last yr playing b turf teams? :p
How about a mid week competition?

My next door neighbour plays in the Vets for Mont Albert and he was at the game today and apparently GIris are the real deal. He said there young blokes are the best going around. Mont Albert have picked up a couple of ex quality district players and two gun poms and still couldnt win.

You sure you don't play for Glen Iris building? I have not seen any posts talking up your 'actual' side. It is all Glen Iris this, Glen Iris there and Glen Iris everywhere

You sure you don't play for Glen Iris building? I have not seen any posts talking up your 'actual' side. It is all Glen Iris this, Glen Iris there and Glen Iris everywhere

I sure dont 123,im pretty sure i play for the same side as Southern Punter! Life is a game and if you dont have fun and its all to hard you may as well retire... Who does Punter play for?

Why would i put pressure on my side and talk them up you fool.

20/20 is not really cricket. Breading ground for sloggers!

Agree about T20, but the comp is good. gets familys down for a bbq and is good for clubs. as long as its not the focus! in terms of midweek comps, i don't think anybody will have the time. we already train twice a week and play all sat and some sundays. juniors are playing up to 7 days a week already (school mon + wed, club tues + thurs, and playing fri-sun) and we have to fit work/study/having a life in somewhere!! i like the structure of the comp the way it is, seems to work pretty well with relegation, promotion etc...

Dave Warner and also last week in the RDCA, Kumar Sarna who used to have a contract with the bushrangers before he walked away played a 20/20 for wonga park and 228 red off 60 balls

"Triple A - 123"
Tell me about the 'Big K' Kumar Sarna.
Do you know where he is now playing ?
I remember seeing him playing at Dandenong the other season but haven't seen his name since.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back