Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
youre right about standing back, and if a team has good fast swing bowlers, usually the nicks come alot easier.

stumpings do also depend on whether there are medium pacers or spinners in the team. so choosing a keeper is not easy.

if a team is full of super quicks, then a keeper doesnt get a chance to get up to the stumps! stumpings also do depend on when they happen in a game, a stumping in the last 5 overs of any game is almost void, especially to a tail ender, who is more than likely just trying to hoik the ball and the keeper just has to wait.

fair to say, keeping can not be judged on stats off mycricket like runs and wickets can i dont think.

therefore a keeper who bats is necessary. maybe just make the premiership keeper the keeper of the team of the year, or count drops and missed stumpings!

All good points but Dunstan only has a handful of reasonably quick bowlers and every team has medium pacers that good keepers can stand up to. Also stumpings off spinners are still good. I think you are right in it is much harder to tell a good keeper especially from stats but i would give more credence to stumpings than a bunch of catches.

I've played a LOT at Koonung and it always looks better than it plays. It has far too much grass on the wicket. It's just my opinion.

I would agree 100% that it looks better than it plays but i guess the assumption that has been running through this thread is that you should try and get the flattest batting wicket possible for the GF. I don't necessarily agree with this. I think Koonung is a very fair wicket with something in it for bowlers but if you are prepared to work plenty of runs can be made on it especially with the fast outfield. There are no demons in it. it is a good cricket wicket. I think best in the comp. Donvale is a ridculous road that is flat as a pancake. Nothing at all in it for bowlers. Not seamers anyway.

I went to watch the Grand Final last year and there was a lot in it for the bowlers, but you could play your shots. I thought it looked good. Having said that, I didn't play on it.

Wow this is the best discussion on the forum yet, so speaking of quicks, who are the 5 quickest guys in Dunstan???

From what ive seen and not seing all teams;

Liddle (MA) easily quickest
Rathnarisi (Bears) is quick as anyone on his day
Grubich (GI) only for first few overs
Davidson (Bull)

From what ive seen and not seing all teams;

Liddle (MA) easily quickest
Rathnarisi (Bears) is quick as anyone on his day
Grubich (GI) only for first few overs
Davidson (Bull)

Yeah agree. Except for Rathnarisi. He bowls pies. Seriously overrated. Liddle send them down at a rate of knots and Grubich is quick but five overs in and he reverts to medium pace. Bowled well against us though!! As for spinners, Purcell and Abel from GI are strong, taken a few wickets. Fernon is consistant, and knighty is getting on a bit but still can bowl the unplayable. Top five bats.

Aldons
Wright
Parsons on his day
Fernon although he hasn't got going this year
Hargraves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back