Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is too small square of the wicket....... from what i have heard it breeds crossing batting hacks that hit across the line and get away with cheap boundaries.... There used to be a 1st player there many moons ago; think his name was Tribe, beleive he still plays in lower grades that was a prime example of this.

well said les, eric raven is a breeding ground for smash and grab cricketers.

they definitely deserved their win against mulgrave but i think if they come up against a good bowling attack like mont albert, there are only so many times you can swing across the line and hit it into the creek.

and calypso wouldnt home ground advantage mean you are picking canterbury and ashburton?

well said les, eric raven is a breeding ground for smash and grab cricketers.

they definitely deserved their win against mulgrave but i think if they come up against a good bowling attack like mont albert, there are only so many times you can swing across the line and hit it into the creek.

and calypso wouldnt home ground advantage mean you are picking canterbury and ashburton?

For what it's worth, I dont know Glen Iris, but having played against Mont Albert, I think they'll have their work cut out. Also Canterbury are very hard to beat at home, as are Ashy.

Glen Iris won't beat Mont Albert.

Go Bears

My next door neighbour plays in the Vets for Mont Albert and he was at the game today and apparently GIris are the real deal. He said there young blokes are the best going around. Mont Albert have picked up a couple of ex quality district players and two gun poms and still couldnt win.

gents, i wouldnt discount east doncaster this season. theyve done some decent recruiting this year too... anyway, who do you reckon is the best smokie for the 10/11 flag?

some interesting results, Mont albert getting no points for the weekend puts them on the backfoot early, if this rain continues and their one day form continues they may lose a few more than expected.

very even weekend i would have thought, only 2 teams without a loss, the bears and he bulls, and 3 teams without a win, East donny, skevs and reigning premiers mont albert

thunderstorms forecast again for friday and saturday this week, cricket sucks

I have always thought knocking the bails of with your hand is a no ball and when no run is run a leg bye should be called
I believe you may be correct. They also introduced the challenge rule...if you not happy with the initial decision, they will change it if enough players go up to the umpire

My next door neighbour plays in the Vets for Mont Albert and he was at the game today and apparently GIris are the real deal. He said there young blokes are the best going around. Mont Albert have picked up a couple of ex quality district players and two gun poms and still couldnt win.

Just admit you play with Glen Iris Building!!

We played Mont Albert on the weekend and although we won, they'll be there or thereabouts this year. We can't wait to play 'the real deal' Glen Iris who LOST to Canterbury. Real Deal teams don't lose to mid range teams, do they?

big game for you against mulgrave this week, reckon you have their measure? i think you will beat them

atleast one of mont albert and skevs will finally get a win on the board, i had skevs down to win most one dayers, proved me wrong - mont albert to get off the mark

bulleen vs ashy will be a good game after ashy beat city by 8 wickets on sunday, and considering city bowled nth balwyn out for 56, and then they beat hawthorn, they must be very very inconsistent - but bulleen to win with all they district players

hawthorn vs cant, good game, hawthorn to have they 3rd last over game in a row, cant to win

east donny vs richmond city - boring game of the round, donny for mine

glen iris vs nth balwyn - going on GI's form, they will smash NB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back