Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liddle is the best I've seen this year. By a mile. Davidson is too old now, but he's not alone, there are a lot of older guys taking wickets.

Whats age got to do with it....... Have you faced the bloke this season, Davidson is easily the quickest in the comp and his bouncer is even quicker ! I looked at his stats, he's taken bags of wickets every year !
He's my pick for best bowler in the comp and it's how he takes them also !

Tsonis - lock up bowler, really hard to get away, we struggled against him, he doesnt give you a bad ball.

He is probably the best bowler in the comp I reckon. Still aceptable pace and swings it both ways. Can take bags of wickets also. Rice is an honest toiler and no idea how Tsonis has taken the wickets at the average he has. Bulleen don't seem to be able to get the same players out on the park every week. This is the reason why Ashy are on top despite not having so many 'names' as Bulleen.

Dont write off Bulleen boy's, they beat us without there star players, but if they come good leading into the finals good luck to whoever plays them thats for sure !!!!

Whats age got to do with it....... Have you faced the bloke this season, Davidson is easily the quickest in the comp and his bouncer is even quicker ! I looked at his stats, he's taken bags of wickets every year !
He's my pick for best bowler in the comp and it's how he takes them also !

Tsonis - lock up bowler, really hard to get away, we struggled against him, he doesnt give you a bad ball.

That's fine. I respect your opinion, it's just not my experience. Davidson is a good bowler, it's not like I think he's a bad bowler, I just don't think he's that quick any more.

Dont write off Bulleen boy's, they beat us without there star players, but if they come good leading into the finals good luck to whoever plays them thats for sure !!!!

Surely Bulleen are favourites with all the star players that will come goo when it comes down to it? If they get there that is as tough games ahead.

There seem to be a lot of people really supporting the opposition and saying how well they played against 'us'. Give me a break. Highpants is def from MA, Bouncer is def from Bulleen. Maybe they could go toe to toe - they'll probably be playing each other in a semi this year!

No i wouldn't write them off. They just don't seem to be gelling and playing to their full potential. They have 7 or 8 blokes in their team who have played premier 1s. It is weird they seem to have been a better team without the so called stars. Maybe when the semi and granny come around the experienced players will prove their worth. Their batting hasn't been great and koornung park is a road.

No i wouldn't write them off. They just don't seem to be gelling and playing to their full potential. They have 7 or 8 blokes in their team who have played premier 1s. It is weird they seem to have been a better team without the so called stars. Maybe when the semi and granny come around the experienced players will prove their worth. Their batting hasn't been great and koornung park is a road.

a brand new road also, so no excuses, i dont think think mont albert or bulleen will win the flag, bulleen definitely not

That's fine. I respect your opinion, it's just not my experience. Davidson is a good bowler, it's not like I think he's a bad bowler, I just don't think he's that quick any more.

Some stats for the 3 years that ECA has used my cricket:

Tongue - Haw GAMES 32 WICKETS 73 AV 14.2
Davidson - Bulleen GAMES 28 WICKETS 73 AV 12.6
Mackintosh - Rich City GAMES 30 WICKETS 68 AV 13.2
Hargreaves - Mont Alb GAMES 31 WICKETS 67 AV 13.5
Bradley - Mulg GAMES 25 WICKETS 62 AV 12.3

Bradley would probably be my pick of these bowlers, followed by Davidson and Tongue. Hargreaves and Mackintosh are clever sturdy workhorses for their teams. Maybe without the x-factor of the others. Actually Tongue is probably in the workhorse category too which leaves Bradley and Davidson as the best bowlers in the ECA over the last few years. Thoughts?

P.S. can you tell I am bored at work today?

What happened on Sunday Pumpkin? Very surprised to see RC turn their season around.

Still interested to hear your take on RC Pumpkin. And Bouncer how did Bulleen also lose to them? Maybe I am from RC or maybe I am from MA and looking for intel for this week? Or maybe I am just asking you this as i am curious and throwing you off who i really play for.

Some stats for the 3 years that ECA has used my cricket:

Tongue - Haw GAMES 32 WICKETS 73 AV 14.2
Davidson - Bulleen GAMES 28 WICKETS 73 AV 12.6
Mackintosh - Rich City GAMES 30 WICKETS 68 AV 13.2
Hargreaves - Mont Alb GAMES 31 WICKETS 67 AV 13.5
Bradley - Mulg GAMES 25 WICKETS 62 AV 12.3

Bradley would probably be my pick of these bowlers, followed by Davidson and Tongue. Hargreaves and Mackintosh are clever sturdy workhorses for their teams. Maybe without the x-factor of the others. Actually Tongue is probably in the workhorse category too which leaves Bradley and Davidson as the best bowlers in the ECA over the last few years. Thoughts?

P.S. can you tell I am bored at work today?

Bradley and Spud definately the best bowlers of the past few years.

I would never refer to Hargreaves as a work horse.

Will be interesting at both ends. Despite a couple of 1 sided games this season the comp is pretty even. Much better than a few years ago when you knew Mulgrave was going to win before the season even started. There is still quite a few 'one year wonders' and hired guns coming into the league (like Spoljaric last year, he was a shocker - didn't even know his team mates names) but the premiers seem to be the clubs like Mont Albert who can keep a core bunch of players like Wright, Hargreaves, Baker etc together and top up with some extra players. Does anybody know what has happened to Bhosale. I rated him.

Who is Baker? Bat or bowler? Never heard of him!

Still interested to hear your take on RC Pumpkin. And Bouncer how did Bulleen also lose to them? Maybe I am from RC or maybe I am from MA and looking for intel for this week? Or maybe I am just asking you this as i am curious and throwing you off who i really play for.

RC bowled well and we didn't bat well. Pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back