ESPN now owns cricinfo.com

Re: ESPN now owns cricinfo.com

Ljp86;166870 said:
Well, when you have racial conflicts involving players and the crowds and then having crowd members throw objects (including flares) onto the field it doesn't exactly help the sport's reputation does it?

Well, this article states Australia vs. Japan quarterfinal later Saturday may set Pay TV ratings record in Australia. Certainly, couldn't be as less reputed a sport if it's being watched by so many people, could it?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/wa...oos-main-course/2007/07/20/1184560037895.html

And there is also the Wallabies vs. All Blacks Bledisoe Cup match 3 hours before that. Could Socceroos eventually become even more popular than Wallabies? It's quite likely. Don't rule it out mate, just because you don't like it.

Chandu;170552 said:
Well, this article states Australia vs. Japan quarterfinal later Saturday may set Pay TV ratings record in Australia. Certainly, couldn't be as less reputed a sport if it's being watched by so many people, could it?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/wa...oos-main-course/2007/07/20/1184560037895.html

About 20% of Australians have Pay TV, that is not a big audience at all.

Chandu said:
And there is also the Wallabies vs. All Blacks Bledisoe Cup match 3 hours before that. Could Socceroos eventually become even more popular than Wallabies? It's quite likely. Don't rule it out mate, just because you don't like it.

I don't follow Rugby Union but I don't see soccer outranking the Wallabies. Just not even comprehensible at this point. Union is closely followed in ACT, NSW and Qld the heart of where rugby is in Australia, I don't see the sport slipping in interest over there.

Ljp86;170594 said:
About 20% of Australians have Pay TV, that is not a big audience at all.

I don't follow Rugby Union but I don't see soccer outranking the Wallabies. Just not even comprehensible at this point. Union is closely followed in ACT, NSW and Qld the heart of where rugby is in Australia, I don't see the sport slipping in interest over there.

The reason soccer would be more popular than rugby is because rugby is not followed in Vic, SA, Tas

the funny thing about those pay tv figures........I was in the pub when australia was playing Oman and know one was watching it

maybe soccer supporters are more likely to get pay tv because thats the only way they can watch it

This will encourage Pay tv to show lots of soccer

"I believe those knowledgeable/inquisitive members over at ESPN are better off joining this site."

Dream on, Scumpy. ESPN doesn't want the milksop "score is now 65 for 2... score
is now 75 for three...can I have a cookie?" posts that make up 98% of
this forum. They want hard-hitting, tell-it-like-it is, posts that tackle the
tough issues. Only ONE person on this forum that does that!

timmyj51;180062 said:
this forum.

At least there are posts on this froum unlike ESPN.

If you have any better ideas to give people the score without adding a few numbers in then be my guest.

timmyj51 said:
They want hard-hitting, tell-it-like-it is, posts that tackle the tough issues. Only ONE person on this forum that does that!

I'm glad you realized it was me, Timmy. Finally getting the recognition that I deserve. @|

timmyj51;180062 said:
"I believe those knowledgeable/inquisitive members over at ESPN are better off joining this site."

this forum. They want hard-hitting, tell-it-like-it is, posts that tackle the
tough issues. Only ONE person on this forum that does that!
If you hate cricket so much why are you here?

Back