Fixtures & Tips Round 3

davey36

Fixtures & Tips Round 3

Round 3 Fixtures (and my tips)

Haileybury Vs Xavier...match of the round, probably a flip of the coin
St Kevins Vs Wesley... will be a close game
Geelong Grammar Vs Brighton
Carey Vs Geelong College... whoever bats first i reckon, but the home ground advantage should be enough
Scotch Vs Caulfield... its time for Mo to make some runs
Melbourne Gram - Bye

What does everyone else reckon?

Re: Fixtures & Tips Round 3

davey36;191194 said:
Round 3 Fixtures (and my tips)

Haileybury Vs Xavier...match of the round, probably a flip of the coin
St Kevins Vs Wesley... will be a close game
Geelong Grammar Vs Brighton
Carey Vs Geelong College... whoever bats first i reckon, but the home ground advantage should be enough
Scotch Vs Caulfield... its time for Mo to make some runs
Melbourne Gram - Bye

What does everyone else reckon?

Haileybury Vs Xavier -Will b interestin to see how HC bounce back.
St Kevins Vs Wesley -Wes looking to build on a solid performance.
Geelong Grammar Vs Brighton -No idea but tipping BGS
Carey Vs Geelong College -Careys bowling will carry them through as long as they get enough runs.
Scotch Vs Caulfield -Scotch majorly underperforming and dont expect things 2 change.
Melbourne Gram - Bye

Haileybury Vs Xavier -Match of the Round is an understatement. Match of the year. Could decide the premiership.
St Kevins Vs Wesley -Wesley fluked one, wont do it again.
Geelong Grammar Vs Brighton - Both Geelongs are crap so Brighton easily.
Carey Vs Geelong College - Carey have some good players and should easily account for Geelong.
Scotch Vs Caulfield - If Clayton fires up, which i think he will, it will be all over for Caulfield.
Melbourne Gram - Bye

fiery;191215 said:
Haileybury Vs Xavier -Match of the Round is an understatement. Match of the year. Could decide the premiership.
Carey Vs Geelong College - Carey have some good players and should easily account for Geelong.
Scotch Vs Caulfield - If Clayton fires up, which i think he will, it will be all over for Caulfield.
Melbourne Gram - Bye

Tips for round 3;
Xavier to beat Haileybury. Xavier have the depth in their bowling and batting that Haileybury seem to lack just at the moment. Xavier are the dark horses this year. St Kevins to beat Wesley; got the feeling Griffo will fire up and smash through Wesleys line up. Brighton should beat Geelong Grammar. Carey I feel will beat Geelong. Geelong have a history of ruining their chances before christmas and Kitchen isn't the greatest player of spin, bearing in mind that Carey have 4 leggies. I think Scotch will beat Caulfield too. The team is growing in confidence and morale, watch for big moe to step up for the occasion. I think the ladder before Christmas and after 4 rounds of Cricket, the ladder will look something like this;

MGS
XC
Caulfield
SC
SKC
HC
WC
Carey
BGS
GGS
GC

Pushfatwo;191222 said:
Tips for round 3;
Xavier to beat Haileybury...I think the ladder before Christmas and after 4 rounds of Cricket, the ladder will look something like this;

MGS
XC
Caulfield
SC
SKC
HC
WC
Carey
BGS
GGS
GC

Sorry, i have changed my mind and think that haileybury will beat xavier, don't know why but

i think the ladder will be
MGS
Xavier
Haileybury
Wesley
Carey
St Kevins
Scotch
Caulfield
Brighton
Geel. College
Geel. Grammar

Pushfatwo;191222 said:
Tips for round 3;
Xavier to beat Haileybury. Xavier have the depth in their bowling and batting that Haileybury seem to lack just at the moment. Xavier are the dark horses this year. St Kevins to beat Wesley; got the feeling Griffo will fire up and smash through Wesleys line up. Brighton should beat Geelong Grammar. Carey I feel will beat Geelong. Geelong have a history of ruining their chances before christmas and Kitchen isn't the greatest player of spin, bearing in mind that Carey have 4 leggies. I think Scotch will beat Caulfield too. The team is growing in confidence and morale, watch for big moe to step up for the occasion. I think the ladder before Christmas and after 4 rounds of Cricket, the ladder will look something like this;

MGS
XC
Caulfield
SC
SKC
HC
WC
Carey
BGS
GGS
GC

this weekend will def be a tester for clayton by the sounds of it. Hasnt made a big contribution yet and everyone is talkin him up so there must be alot of pressure on him atm to perform. I dont know the guy so dunno how he will react to that but will be interestin to hear how he performs.\

Also a big call putting HC that low on the ladder, wouldnt surprise me if they finsihed there though

fiery;191215 said:
Melbourne Gram - Bye

i dont think you can call 2-220 against hailebury a fluke.

davey36;191223 said:
Sorry, i have changed my mind and think that haileybury will beat xavier, don't know why but

i think the ladder will be
MGS
Xavier
Haileybury
Wesley
Carey
St Kevins
Scotch
Caulfield
Brighton
Geel. College
Geel. Grammar

You have to be kidding dont you. Why have Carey not earned respect yet. They couldnt of beaten Wesley by anymore and Scotch will be terrible this year losing to wesley comfortably in praccy match and losing to xavs. It was a good sign for Carey after the loss to Xavier that they were a long way off their best and only just lost.
Please give me your thoughts.

TheStraighter1;191236 said:
You have to be kidding dont you. Why have Carey not earned respect yet. They couldnt of beaten Wesley by anymore and Scotch will be terrible this year losing to wesley comfortably in praccy match and losing to xavs. It was a good sign for Carey after the loss to Xavier that they were a long way off their best and only just lost.
Please give me your thoughts.

i put carey 5th and scotch 7th at best.
i think you could be referring to pushfatwo's post.

brain explosion i think, now correct me if im wrong that o'hern, parker (put him as a spinner just well cuz people play for spin), richardson and robbie boof lehman chanellor = 4 spinners

Caufeild should easily defeat Scotch.
Scotch dont have the best bowling attack, Grose bowls line and length, not the quickest. However he would be the fastest Scotch have. If Mo Clayton gets out cheaply again well Caulfield should win easily

good luck to caufield this weekend against scotch. Clayton is a good batsman in shocking form, he edged stuff everywhere against GC and didnt deserve his 25 odd. Grosse (pushfatwo) is there puss opening bowler who rates himself, but should be easily dealt with on a good wicket. GC were unlucky with some umpiring decisions going against them at crucial times of the match, and the fact we bowled 39 extras. The 4/15 odd from one of their blokes was at a time when we were going the slog as we were only 3 down at the 40 over mark, showing there is no potency to their lineup, just good lines. Wood dominates scotches year 8, wood is a good bloke unlike your little prick who thinks he could walk out and do whatever he wanted. Give the spanner some remarks please caufield and other teams to take him down a notch of 17.

pommysmasher;191253 said:
brain explosion i think, now correct me if im wrong that o'hern, parker (put him as a spinner just well cuz people play for spin), richardson and robbie boof lehman chanellor = 4 spinners

ohern and parker only ones to have bowled tho... richardson hasnt bowled in the season and chancy isnt a spinner lol hes a medium pacer

J.B;191284 said:
good luck to caufield this weekend against scotch. Clayton is a good batsman in shocking form, he edged stuff everywhere against GC and didnt deserve his 25 odd. Grosse (pushfatwo) is there puss opening bowler who rates himself, but should be easily dealt with on a good wicket. GC were unlucky with some umpiring decisions going against them at crucial times of the match, and the fact we bowled 39 extras. The 4/15 odd from one of their blokes was at a time when we were going the slog as we were only 3 down at the 40 over mark, showing there is no potency to their lineup, just good lines. Wood dominates scotches year 8, wood is a good bloke unlike your little prick who thinks he could walk out and do whatever he wanted. Give the spanner some remarks please caufield and other teams to take him down a notch of 17.

i dnt understand how u think conor o bierne was being arrogant. he simply punded ur yr 9 2 balls in a row. simple as that. i would take conor any day of the week over woody. but woody isnt to bad for a yr 8. ill give him that

Back