Guess The Item 🤔

Yep, it's a combination of your close guesses, Richie Richie and Terry Grier Grier . Not just horses but people need to drink water ,too.

Do you still have those cast iron hand water pumps on your streets, too? Very recently communities were obliged by law to set up new water pumps in public places due to the droughts we've had.
Quizp2.jpg

You were closer Craig so take the mantle.
I've got a busy couple of days and nights ahead. I'm putting on a big dinner for some of my old Teaching friends tomorrow night and a Discussion group tonight on a burgeoning global population. I think it will level off to about 12 billion by 2100. I have lots of nice colourful graphs to show.

I remember as a child in Ireland we had those public water drinking spouts with an iron cup chained to it.
In hindsight, not very hygienic.

I've got a busy couple of days and nights ahead. I'm putting on a big dinner for some of my old Teaching friends tomorrow night and a Discussion group tonight on a burgeoning global population. I think it will level off to about 12 billion by 2100. I have lots of nice colourful graphs to show.

I remember as a child in Ireland we had those public water drinking spouts with an iron cup chained to it.
In hindsight, not very hygienic.
Have fun, Terry, we'll hold the fort. :thumbsu:

I was too, with my Roman public drinking fountain. So Thomas why did you not say so at the time. Sometimes this game goes on longer than it should. Just my opinion, not having a whinge.

Last edited:
I was too, with my Roman public drinking fountain. So Thomas why did you not say so at the time. Sometimes this game goes on longer than it should. Just my opinion, not having a whinge.
Because I thought that there is a difference between a hand pump and a fountain and I also wanted to wait for closer guesses. Only when Terry came up with the horse trough I thought that that was close enough and no closer guesses would follow and, thirdly, because I, for one, did not want the game go longer than necessary 😎 and, fourthly, I wanted to leave it to those with the closest guesses to throw dice for the best answer.
Again, since no one has replied yet: do you have those antique hand pumps on your streets? If not, more modern ones?

Looking forward to your next item, Ritchie.

Is it connected to the PC?

When you say PC do you mean the casing, the monitor, or a laptop/notebook?
Jessica, I guess most people would not have one, in our part of the world at least.
Thomas: no connection electronically or even symbolically. It's about like when we all had cacti on our CRT monitors.
The only components of the object/objects are wood and paint. Sorry for the red herring.

Back