mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Komodo Dragon;269770 said:
It actually rained Friday unless you've been interstate or overseas. Don't make me list all the other turf competitions that played a full day...

VTCA and Subbies were called off either last Wed or Thur. We CANNOT put our covers down until Fri afternoon at the earliest. You want to whinge about it, go and see the council.

mmvca;269792 said:
VTCA and Subbies were called off either last Wed or Thur. We CANNOT put our covers down until Fri afternoon at the earliest. You want to whinge about it, go and see the council.

might help if most clubs had covers without holes in them and i see most grounds

essendon2000;269789 said:
covers down at 4pm or after goose damage already done wake up to yourself and look at the big picture

Thats what I'm trying to say. What's the point having covers if you are going to put them down 4pm on a Friday afternoon ? Obviously not enough constructive negotiations going on between the mmvca and the council. And you should try using some punctuation when trying to get your point accross ya' tossa.

Komodo Dragon;269808 said:
Thats what I'm trying to say. What's the point having covers if you are going to put them down 4pm on a Friday afternoon ? Obviously not enough constructive negotiations going on between the mmvca and the council. And you should try using some punctuation when trying to get your point accross ya' tossa.

not a good idea making enemies with umpires komodo peanut!dont get hit on the pads!!LOL

grow up

Komodo Dragon - I am waiting for your post about helping out with the negotiations that you call for with the council. Would you help with them??

Are you going to put you hand up and help or just take pot shots at the guys who do have a go.

To all the guys that work and give up their time to help their own clubs and especially those who help run our comp let me say thank you.

And to those like Komodo Dragon that sit back and have a go then do something about it. Step up and help or shut up.

mmvca;269792 said:

might help if most clubs had covers without holes in them and i see most grounds

not a good idea making enemies with umpires komodo peanut!dont get hit on the pads!!LOL

bomber27;269271 said:
VTCA called off
Subbies called off

Gotta luv our little Turf comp.:)

Spoke too soon Bomber!!!!! so tell me how did we get called off with such great weather over the weekend?

Komodo Dragon - I am waiting for your post about helping out with the negotiations that you call for with the council. Would you help with them??

Are you going to put you hand up and help or just take pot shots at the guys who do have a go.

To all the guys that work and give up their time to help their own clubs and especially those who help run our comp let me say thank you.

And to those like Komodo Dragon that sit back and have a go then do something about it. Step up and help or shut up.

RooBoy;269907 said:
Spoke too soon Bomber!!!!! so tell me how did we get called off with such great weather over the weekend?
I will answer this one for you Bomber so you don't have to repeat yourself.
It's call RAIN you know the stuff that fell from the sky on Friday.

bomber27;269271 said:
VTCA called off
Subbies called off

Gotta luv our little Turf comp.:)

RooBoy;269907 said:

Yeah your right RooBoy, I knew that would come back and bite me. But I was probaly referring more to the fact that our comp doesn't have to worry about getting as many grounds prepared at the start of the season as Subbies and the VTCA because we are just a small comp with less grounds.
Also when a couple of grounds didn't come up we were able to make quick changes which the clubs accepted which included playing on Sunday and having home matches played at other grounds.

A major factor that played a part in Turf being called off was clubs laying their covers down so late on Friday. I know it can be difficult in organising guys to lay covers but it was pretty obvious on Thursday night that there would be a good chance covers would be going down on Friday. So clubs should have blokes on standby.

Unfortunately with the info line, I'm able to tell when clubs have rung the message line and there were quite a number of calls after 6pm to see whether covers had to go down (message left at 4.15pm). By that stage the damage was probaly already done on those grounds.

Hope that helps a bit.

RooBoy;269907 said:
I will answer this one for you Bomber so you don't have to repeat yourself.
It's call RAIN you know the stuff that fell from the sky on Friday.

Like to know peoples thoughts on some interesting non selections on the weekend for clubs who posted their A Turf team on mycricket.
Does anyone know whether the following players were unavailable, retired or playing elsewhere.

Haig Amateurs
E.Lattore

Socials
D.Campbell
Vernon

Sunshine Hts
H.Perera

St Francis
S.Babo
P.Eilers

St Andrews
M.Harvey

West Coburg
M.Barker
Campbell (young wk from last season - think thats his name)

Noticed also K.Adams in 2's. Must be pretty confident with 1st XI attack.

bomber27;269967 said:
Yeah your right RooBoy, I knew that would come back and bite me. But I was probaly referring more to the fact that our comp doesn't have to worry about getting as many grounds prepared at the start of the season as Subbies and the VTCA because we are just a small comp with less grounds.
Also when a couple of grounds didn't come up we were able to make quick changes which the clubs accepted which included playing on Sunday and having home matches played at other grounds.

A major factor that played a part in Turf being called off was clubs laying their covers down so late on Friday. I know it can be difficult in organising guys to lay covers but it was pretty obvious on Thursday night that there would be a good chance covers would be going down on Friday. So clubs should have blokes on standby.

Unfortunately with the info line, I'm able to tell when clubs have rung the message line and there were quite a number of calls after 6pm to see whether covers had to go down (message left at 4.15pm). By that stage the damage was probaly already done on those grounds.

Hope that helps a bit.

This is exactly the problem with the comp and they grey areas. Why not tell everyone to have covers down by a certain time. Easy black and white rule.

So If I am playing on the second week and i am chasing 400 plus runs I can just pretend i didn't listen to the message.

Please fix this stuff!!

Make the rules black and white.

You must have covers down by XX time or loose your points.

Easy as that! No grey area no wishy washy rules that are worth nothing when challenged.

RooBoy;269907 said:

Hope that helps a bit.

bomber27;269969 said:
West Coburg
M.Barker

Barker is out injured- a football injury, i wouldn't expect him back til around xmas.

Campbell was away on an end of season footy trip, will return to A grade this week.

Like to know peoples thoughts on some interesting non selections on the weekend for clubs who posted their A Turf team on mycricket.
Does anyone know whether the following players were unavailable, retired or playing elsewhere.

Haig Amateurs
E.Lattore

Socials
D.Campbell
Vernon

Sunshine Hts
H.Perera

St Francis
S.Babo
P.Eilers

St Andrews
M.Harvey

West Coburg
M.Barker

Redbacks;270124 said:
Barker is out injured- a football injury, i wouldn't expect him back til around xmas.

Campbell was away on an end of season footy trip, will return to A grade this week.

I heard Barker was following the ponies around again. I think I also heard that Cookie had been too heavily involved in footy.

Vernon isn't meant to be playing this season.

bomber27;269967 said:

Hope that helps a bit.

This is exactly the problem with the comp and they grey areas. Why not tell everyone to have covers down by a certain time. Easy black and white rule.

So If I am playing on the second week and i am chasing 400 plus runs I can just pretend i didn't listen to the message.

Please fix this stuff!!

Easy as that! No grey area no wishy washy rules that are worth nothing when challenged.

because if they predict rain for friday night then they put the covers on at 4!
u sound real keen to play or watch cricket why dont u pull a few matches out of the highlights real for the world cup. or u could just watch the replay of last years granny ;) il find out who had a camera! :D it pelted on friday mate. the rule is set to protect the friday nite rain from ruining the pitch not friday morning. so if u think its going to rain on friday u put covers down on thursday nite? get real it cant happen. it was a mad weekend u should have been spending it with the mrs or a couple of ladies trust me its better than round one cricket. its a good comp, if ur going to sledge it then dont play!
hopefully the rain stays away for this week! just for u!

P.S IM MISSING THE FOSSIL WHERE IS HE? HOPE HE IS FIT AND WELL :)

bomber27;269969 said:
West Coburg
M.Barker

bcricket;270172 said:
u sound real keen to play or watch cricket why dont u pull a few matches out of the highlights real for the world cup. or u could just watch the replay of last years granny ;) il find out who had a camera! :D it pelted on friday mate. the rule is set to protect the friday nite rain from ruining the pitch not friday morning. so if u think its going to rain on friday u put covers down on thursday nite? get real it cant happen. it was a mad weekend u should have been spending it with the mrs or a couple of ladies trust me its better than round one cricket. its a good comp, if ur going to sledge it then dont play!

Thanks for the summary bcricket. I'm just a cricket follower who monitored what occurred over the weekend and was suprised to hear that covers don't go down on a Thursday night if there is a threat of rain. But now I realise after being informed.
Thanks for your suggestions but not sure whether I would be interested in viewing a replay of last years grand final. From what I heard it was a contest riddled with drop catches and lusty late-order hitting from tailenders and a drawn-out contest between two sides that didn't know how to win. I hope you weren't a part of it.
Anyway we will see who the big improvers will be this year.

Redbacks;270124 said:

I heard Barker was following the ponies around again. I think I also heard that Cookie had been too heavily involved in footy.

Vernon isn't meant to be playing this season.

old hack;270100 said:

Please fix this stuff!!

Point taken Old Hack.

We do have rules that state that covers must be laid between 5pm and dusk.
and penalties can be enforced if these rules aren't followed.

I suppose clubs will take advantage of your scenario but we still have to give a reasonable period of time to lay covers.

I can also assure clubs that there will be spot checks on Friday nights when covers have to go down and I will let clubs in future know exactly what time the covers are to be down by when I leave future messages. But obviously the earlier the better.

Always prepared to listen to positive criticism.

Chairman - Wet Weather Committee

Komodo Dragon;270189 said:
Thanks for the summary bcricket. I'm just a cricket follower who monitored what occurred over the weekend and was suprised to hear that covers don't go down on a Thursday night if there is a threat of rain. But now I realise after being informed.
Thanks for your suggestions but not sure whether I would be interested in viewing a replay of last years grand final. From what I heard it was a contest riddled with drop catches and lusty late-order hitting from tailenders and a drawn-out contest between two sides that didn't know how to win. I hope you weren't a part of it.

Yeah no worries mate two sides that dont know how to win? both sides were practically undefeated all season! That late order hitting was some great value. plus there was also some ripper catches taken as well. i was part of the granny and can gaurantee u i wasnt part of the drop catches ;) ur not interested in watching it? it must just bring back memories of what could have been for u and ur mob. if ur good enough to make it then u can comment!
train hard

bcricket :cool:

bcricket;270172 said:

bcricket;270250 said:
Yeah no worries mate two sides that dont know how to win? both sides were practically undefeated all season! That late order hitting was some great value. plus there was also some ripper catches taken as well. i was part of the granny and can gaurantee u i wasnt part of the drop catches ;) ur not interested in watching it? it must just bring back memories of what could have been for u and ur mob. if ur good enough to make it then u can comment!
train hard

1 Side practically undefeated all season and that wasn't St.Marys.
St.Marys were flogged in a one dayer by Socials (with half a side) inside 30 over casing 160, St.Mary also lost outright.

old hack;270100 said:

Please fix this stuff!!

Point taken Old Hack.

We do have rules that state that covers must be laid between 5pm and dusk.
and penalties can be enforced if these rules aren't followed.

I suppose clubs will take advantage of your scenario but we still have to give a reasonable period of time to lay covers.

I can also assure clubs that there will be spot checks on Friday nights when covers have to go down and I will let clubs in future know exactly what time the covers are to be down by when I leave future messages. But obviously the earlier the better.

Always prepared to listen to positive criticism.

Chairman - Wet Weather Committee

Komodo Dragon;270189 said:

train hard

My Captain said:
Hi all just got the local paper and guess what club is in it East Coburg. Why are they always in the paper, why can't each club have a turn.

its simple my captain. we at east coburg work hard to promote our club and its achievements. we a proud to tell the community about the cricket initiatives we have like harmony day, and ethic people in cricket. Our president George is well connected locally and works very hard to sell East Coburg CC.

Other clubs should be more proactive and promote their clubs and cricket as a whole. some clubs are good at it and others dont care!

bcricket;270250 said:
train hard

1 Side practically undefeated all season and that wasn't St.Marys.
St.Marys were flogged in a one dayer by Socials (with half a side) inside 30 over casing 160, St.Mary also lost outright.

Tips for Round 2 A turf - (as long as the rain doesnt stuff it up again -:mad:

St Marys to beat Pacco easily
St Andrews to open account against Haig
West Coburg to get over St Francis comfortably
Glenroy just, in a close one over East Coburg
Merlo to beat Sunny Heights - hard one to pick
Barkly street in upset over Socials

lets hope that hot weather comes though on Friday!!!!

Good luck to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back