mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

bcricket;271080 said:
There is noone by the name of B. Harris that left st.mary's. if you are talking about darren harris he will leave a holw but gaurantee it will be filled even if it means an extra load on other players but im fairly confident we can get through it. we do have 5 bowlers that all can take wickets and will be a fairly strong attack probably not the best but can hold its own in a long day.

bcricket;)

Sorry boys Darren Harris was who I was speaking about

mmvca;271171 said:
Because i dont appreciate people assasinating my character. Im a proud person and i willl defend myself anyday.

As for joining the comp this year, yeah just goes to show how much you know.
Hey mate (mmvca) "welcome to the comp" Who have I been playing against and having beers with for the last 6 years in this comp and probably another 10 years elsewhere.

Happy to play hard against you this yeh and have some more beers.

Keep up you good work mate.

What were we doing last march? From memory I think it was on the field when these other experts season was finished. LOL

Kong and I will back ya mate and we are in not in your side for the un educated.

Lets just play cricket and have a beer after!!

RooBoy;271060 said:
Gee get the miniture violin out mmvca, sounds like your telling us a life story. And you only joined the comp this year.

Why you so keen on justifying your decision to grassonwicket. ???

Because i dont appreciate people assasinating my character. Im a proud person and i willl defend myself anyday.

mmvca;271044 said:
So now you want to question my commitment to my club? Ask anyone who i have played with or against and ask them if i give 100% when im out on the field.

Im almost always one of the last to leave our rooms every week, i have been on the commitee in the past, i am a former coach of the club, and so on. I am also a current member of the MMVCA board, so i dont think i have any commitment problems.

A couple of weeks ago, i told Brad Hunter that my heart wasnt in it, and that i didnt really want to play and put my teammates at jeapordy. It was the right decision at the time. The last thing i wanted to do was let my mates, or my club down, by playing when i wasnt really commited to it.

Over the last 10 or so days i have thought about it alot, and my desire to play has been renewed and i look forward to the coming season with a lot more passion than i did 10 days ago.

Is there any other cheap shots you can think of?

mmvca, the last time i saw you was on special at my local Bunnings store as a garden gnome....Are St.Marys that hard up for a team mascot!!!
Look forward to seeing you in a couple of rounds, you better bring some ear muffs that day!

mmvca;271171 said:

Yeah stuff em mmvca, people who know and played with ya know the truth, thats all that matters , not people who think they know everyting.

RooBoy;270461 said:
Tips for Round 2 A turf - (as long as the rain doesnt stuff it up again -:mad:

St Marys to beat Pacco easily
St Andrews to open account against Haig
West Coburg to get over St Francis comfortably
Glenroy just, in a close one over East Coburg
Merlo to beat Sunny Heights - hard one to pick
Barkly street in upset over Socials

lets hope that hot weather comes though on Friday!!!!

Good luck to all

good tipping RooBoy.

mmvca;271171 said:

Hey mate (mmvca) "welcome to the comp" Who have I been playing against and having beers with for the last 6 years in this comp and probably another 10 years elsewhere.

Happy to play hard against you this yeh and have some more beers.

Keep up you good work mate.

What were we doing last march? From memory I think it was on the field when these other experts season was finished. LOL

Kong and I will back ya mate and we are in not in your side for the un educated.

Lets just play cricket and have a beer after!!

MMVCA,

Hey Pudds, You shouldnt let critters with worthless replies get to you, although being the Dedicated, Hard Working, Reliable person you are, i can see how you would get upset with these uneducated comments. I too have known you for years and also play with another team and would never question your integrity and passion for a team that you play for.

It was a pleasure playing with you a while back and hope you shove it up those who question everything you stand for.

mmvca;271044 said:
So now you want to question my commitment to my club? Ask anyone who i have played with or against and ask them if i give 100% when im out on the field.

Im almost always one of the last to leave our rooms every week, i have been on the commitee in the past, i am a former coach of the club, and so on. I am also a current member of the MMVCA board, so i dont think i have any commitment problems.

A couple of weeks ago, i told Brad Hunter that my heart wasnt in it, and that i didnt really want to play and put my teammates at jeapordy. It was the right decision at the time. The last thing i wanted to do was let my mates, or my club down, by playing when i wasnt really commited to it.

Over the last 10 or so days i have thought about it alot, and my desire to play has been renewed and i look forward to the coming season with a lot more passion than i did 10 days ago.

Is there any other cheap shots you can think of?

mmvca, the last time i saw you was on special at my local Bunnings store as a garden gnome....Are St.Marys that hard up for a team mascot!!!
Look forward to seeing you in a couple of rounds, you better bring some ear muffs that day!

RooBoy;270461 said:
Tips for Round 2 A turf - (as long as the rain doesnt stuff it up again -:mad:

St Marys to beat Pacco easily
St Andrews to open account against Haig
West Coburg to get over St Francis comfortably
Glenroy just, in a close one over East Coburg
Merlo to beat Sunny Heights - hard one to pick
Barkly street in upset over Socials

lets hope that hot weather comes though on Friday!!!!

Good luck to all

good tipping RooBoy.

DILLIGAF;271363 said:
good tipping RooBoy.

Results from Saturday

St Andrews 3 for 159,chasing 158 all out (Haig)

West Coburg beat St Francis in a nail biter.

Any other results

Ps Harry would not even respond to that crap.

F.O.S

MMVCA,

Hey Pudds, You shouldnt let critters with worthless replies get to you, although being the Dedicated, Hard Working, Reliable person you are, i can see how you would get upset with these uneducated comments. I too have known you for years and also play with another team and would never question your integrity and passion for a team that you play for.

It was a pleasure playing with you a while back and hope you shove it up those who question everything you stand for.

Well done to the St.Mary's boys who got off to a shaky start with a win against the lowly rated Pacco side. I tipped the Pacco boys in this game and felt i was probably robbed in the end. Can't see St.Mary's being as good as last year.

mmvca;271171 said:

i was referring to you joining the comp executive this year!!, not your playing career. I am well aware you have been around for years.

geee so many people so touchy on here about protecting their reputation, as if they had played for Australia or gone to war!!! we are all just back yard park hack cricketers.

when you have made a life long committment to cricket at all levels then you can sprook about your reputation!

DILLIGAF;271363 said:
good tipping RooBoy.

Results from Saturday

St Andrews 3 for 159,chasing 158 all out (Haig)

West Coburg beat St Francis in a nail biter.

Any other results

Ps Harry would not even respond to that crap.

F.O.S

Well done to the St.Mary's boys who got off to a shaky start with a win against the lowly rated Pacco side. I tipped the Pacco boys in this game and felt i was probably robbed in the end. Can't see St.Mary's being as good as last year.

RooBoy;271567 said:
i was referring to you joining the comp executive this year!!, not your playing career. I am well aware you have been around for years.

geee so many people so touchy on here about protecting their reputation, as if they had played for Australia or gone to war!!! we are all just back yard park hack cricketers.

when you have made a life long committment to cricket at all levels then you can sprook about your reputation!
I think you will find that mmvca was not worried that much and it was quite a few people who play with and against him that were supporting him.

Any way how did everyone go on the weekend?

Is everyone at full strength?

Any thing new to talk about?

How did the new faces go?

I think HAIG will be a lot better this year batting looks a better. WEll done guys and our game was played in good spirit.

mmvca;271171 said:

RooBoy;271568 said:
Barkly Street always hard to beat at home!!!

Merlo looking like a strong contender and much improved. will the bowling line up hold up though??

RooBoy you will find Merlo's bowling depth this year as their strength! On any given Saturday the side has a minimum of 7 or 8 bowlers to turn to who can take wickets. They were very strong on the weekend and the fielding was spot on, always very nice for a side to start with a 10 wicket win

Guru14;271607 said:
RooBoy you will find Merlo's bowling depth this year as their strength! On any given Saturday the side has a minimum of 7 or 8 bowlers to turn to who can take wickets. They were very strong on the weekend and the fielding was spot on, always very nice for a side to start with a 10 wicket win

I have no doubt it is strong and it showed on the weekend. They have always prioded themselves on being a strong bowling side. just an observation about it lasting the whole year thats all.

RooBoy;271567 said:

I think you will find that mmvca was not worried that much and it was quite a few people who play with and against him that were supporting him.

Any way how did everyone go on the weekend?

Is everyone at full strength?

Any thing new to talk about?

How did the new faces go?

I think HAIG will be a lot better this year batting looks a better. WEll done guys and our game was played in good spirit.

RooBoy;271642 said:
I have no doubt it is strong and it showed on the weekend. They have always prioded themselves on being a strong bowling side. just an observation about it lasting the whole year thats all.

They will be consistent if nothing else this year. They're a very proud club who are still hurting over the last years result, they will be mentally stronger this year. They're back to basics and I think the club is moving in the right direction, the test for them is the next 6 weeks but I would think it will show everyone that Merlo are the real deal this year!

RooBoy;271568 said:
Barkly Street always hard to beat at home!!!

Merlo looking like a strong contender and much improved. will the bowling line up hold up though??

great game between st francis and west coburg over the weekend.

st francis never should have lost it, they had 4 or 5 wickets in hand with 15-20 runs to get...
always good games between those two teams

Guru14;271607 said:

GrassOnTheWicket;271560 said:

St. Mary's boys did get through a shakey battle in the end but did get over the line we were crusin but suffered a later order callapse and laked a little bit of professionalism. it shocked us a bit because we were doing it so easily. i think we were lacking in a sorted out and solid middle order but there were a couple missing that will be very handy in filling that gap. lookin forward to a good battle with the side that finished 2nd last year this week. we now are more aware of the job that each of us have to do and build on. good character was shown by PACCO and have to be congratulated on that but i dont think they would be to happy with their new recruit McGowan who only took 1 for 40 odd. didnt sound like they fancied themselves as a low rated side last week. u have to get over the line to be a top side. the mary's are about 3 players short of a full strength side. No excuses though.

p.s frontfootnoball to sledge harry would be one of the stupidist things i have ever heard off i play with him and if i didnt he would be one bloke i wouldnt sledge. it can come back to bite ya i have seen it happen at square leg wen we were only chasing 60 last year. he made 52 of them. LOL i wouldnt recommend it.

FOS how did u blokes go heard you won was there any surprises?
u should have seen the look on the pacco blokes faces when darren harris rolled up at 12.30 to say hi!!!! wish i had a camera it was a kodak moment!

bcricket. go the Mary's

RooBoy;271642 said:

They will be consistent if nothing else this year. They're a very proud club who are still hurting over the last years result, they will be mentally stronger this year. They're back to basics and I think the club is moving in the right direction, the test for them is the next 6 weeks but I would think it will show everyone that Merlo are the real deal this year!

bcricket;271883 said:
St. Mary's boys did get through a shakey battle in the end but did get over the line we were crusin but suffered a later order callapse and laked a little bit of professionalism. it shocked us a bit because we were doing it so easily. i think we were lacking in a sorted out and solid middle order but there were a couple missing that will be very handy in filling that gap. We learnt alot from that battle and there was a sense of dejavu that went through the camp in that game but this time the result went the other way and the demons are now out of the way and lookin forward to a good battle with the side that finished 2nd last year this week. it was a positive shock to hit the side and we have learnt from it and we will only improve with two solid inclusions that will suit the 2 day game this week. we now are more aware of the job that each of us have to do and build on. good character was shown by PACCO and have to be congratulated on that but i dont think they would be to happy with their new recruit McGowan who only took 1 for 40 odd. didnt sound like they fancied themselves as a low rated side last week. u have to get over the line to be a top side. the mary's are about 3 players short of a full strength side but there is no excuses for a callapse and allow a side in that easily.

p.s frontfootnoball to sledge harry would be one of the stupidist things i have ever heard off i play with him and if i didnt he would be one bloke i wouldnt sledge. it can come back to bite ya i have seen it happen at square leg wen we were only chasing 60 last year. he made 52 of them. LOL i wouldnt recommend it.

bcricket. go the Mary's

Blah Blah Blah, bcricket this is not the match report site for St Marys champ! Tell us you won, it was close and you've got a couple to come back. All done in 10 words, get the hint.

great game between st francis and west coburg over the weekend.

st francis never should have lost it, they had 4 or 5 wickets in hand with 15-20 runs to get...
always good games between those two teams

Guru14;271887 said:
Blah Blah Blah, bcricket this is not the match report site for St Marys champ! Tell us you won, it was close and you've got a couple to come back. All done in 10 words, get the hint.

im known for my good summary's mate! just giving u something to read saw that u were online! ;) thats too boring just to say 10 words. everyone knew we won just giving people an insite, dont take it to heart. i know u read it all! :D

bcricket
p.s chill im on uni on a 3hr break. mrs isnt here yet! :D

GrassOnTheWicket;271560 said:

St. Mary's boys did get through a shakey battle in the end but did get over the line we were crusin but suffered a later order callapse and laked a little bit of professionalism. it shocked us a bit because we were doing it so easily. i think we were lacking in a sorted out and solid middle order but there were a couple missing that will be very handy in filling that gap. lookin forward to a good battle with the side that finished 2nd last year this week. we now are more aware of the job that each of us have to do and build on. good character was shown by PACCO and have to be congratulated on that but i dont think they would be to happy with their new recruit McGowan who only took 1 for 40 odd. didnt sound like they fancied themselves as a low rated side last week. u have to get over the line to be a top side. the mary's are about 3 players short of a full strength side. No excuses though.

u should have seen the look on the pacco blokes faces when darren harris rolled up at 12.30 to say hi!!!! wish i had a camera it was a kodak moment!

bcricket. go the Mary's

bcricket;271890 said:
im known for my good summary's mate! just giving u something to read saw that u were online! ;) thats too boring just to say 10 words. everyone knew we won just giving people an insite, dont take it to heart. i know u read it all! :D

bcricket

How did you go bcricket, did you make any?

bcricket;271883 said:
St. Mary's boys did get through a shakey battle in the end but did get over the line we were crusin but suffered a later order callapse and laked a little bit of professionalism. it shocked us a bit because we were doing it so easily. i think we were lacking in a sorted out and solid middle order but there were a couple missing that will be very handy in filling that gap. We learnt alot from that battle and there was a sense of dejavu that went through the camp in that game but this time the result went the other way and the demons are now out of the way and lookin forward to a good battle with the side that finished 2nd last year this week. it was a positive shock to hit the side and we have learnt from it and we will only improve with two solid inclusions that will suit the 2 day game this week. we now are more aware of the job that each of us have to do and build on. good character was shown by PACCO and have to be congratulated on that but i dont think they would be to happy with their new recruit McGowan who only took 1 for 40 odd. didnt sound like they fancied themselves as a low rated side last week. u have to get over the line to be a top side. the mary's are about 3 players short of a full strength side but there is no excuses for a callapse and allow a side in that easily.

bcricket. go the Mary's

The Mary's Show continues. I guess they will back up from last season and will go all the way this year, but it seems it will be a lot more competitive with more sides as contenders.

Guru14;271887 said:

bcricket

The way St Andrews and St Marys people talk it up on this site fair dinkum u would think its West Indies of the 80's versus Australia in the 90's.

This year will be the most even in the MMVCA for a long long time in my opinion and I think there will be loads of upsets along the way.

The only teams that probably cant win it in my opinion are Sunshine Heights, Haig, EAST Coburg ( think they will really struggle without Zoran...most dominant bat in the comp IMO), Glenroy if wardy isnt playing??, Merlyo losing pittsy will really hurt but they are obviously heading in the right direction and Barkly Street (depth of bowling...unless they have picked up a couple)

So that leaves St Andrews, West, St Marys, Socials, St Francis, Pacco and I reckon they are all around the same standard so it will simply come down to who plays better for longer on any given day.

Of the other teams they can ALL cause an upset on any given day because the gap between the better and worse teams is significantly less than in seasons gone by.

Its a shame to there are NO genuine quick bowlers in this comp anymore. I question anyone to name a bowler who puts the wind up any batsmen worth a pinch of salt with genuine pace.
Nope its all just bowl good areas, medium pace and let the shitty decks we play on do the rest.

Interested to hear others thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back