mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

My Captain said:
3D good to here from you, if you win the last 4 games I will turn up to the presentation night naked.

My captain after another win we at pacoe are looking forward to you turning up on presentation night for your naked presentation we all need a good laugh, we are ordering magnifying glasses for the women so they get a decent look, but then again if like we all expect you wont turn up then you will have lost all credability and will no longer be taken seriously with any comment you post on this sight. Its time to start taking Paccoe seriously this year has been good but next year we will deffenatly be strong. Good to see some of the lesser names at our club stand up this week...

3D-503;319451 said:
My captain after another win we at pacoe are looking forward to you turning up on presentation night for your naked presentation we all need a good laugh, we are ordering magnifying glasses for the women so they get a decent look, but then again if like we all expect you wont turn up then you will have lost all credability and will no longer be taken seriously with any comment you post on this sight. Its time to start taking Paccoe seriously this year has been good but next year we will deffenatly be strong. Good to see some of the lesser names at our club stand up this week...

3D- your obviously heavily involved down at Pacco, are you seeing this first hand, or this is just your opinion....as an interested on looker who are lesser names that are standing up

slipofthetongue;319500 said:
3D- your obviously heavily involved down at Pacco, are you seeing this first hand, or this is just your opinion....as an interested on looker who are lesser names that are standing up

Yes mate i watch the boys every week our bowlers did really well with the bat this week two of them put on a 10th wicket record partnership for the club of 61 unbeaten and one of the lads steped up and bowled fantastic spin, If they can continue to contribute and the seasond campainers keep going we should go ok. When i say lesser names its not there ability thats lesser they just go about there buisness unnoticed which if you knew the lads you would agree. On top of that we are a very focused and united club at the moment its really enjoyable to be around, the momentum is building things have been put in place the next 2 or 3 years will be exciting for us..

3D-503;319451 said:

Congratulations on your wins over St Andrews and Merlo!!!! Merlo are flying and St Andrews struggling but well done.

When does Captain need to turn up and where?

There was another amazing performance (well Done woodsy on your ton) on the weekend guys, Wardy took 5-1 in less than 2 overs. It was 2nd time he has performed such a feat, the other was against Sunshine Heights about 4-5 years back. He had 2 chances for a Hat Trick and unfortunately did not get either. Just like to get your thoughts on how he's performance rates against a Hat Trick and Newton's 7 a couple of games back. A couple of months back there was talk of the best 3 bowlers in the comp (Newton, C Appleyard, Adams & Costello were menionted frequently), but i don't recall Wardy getting too many mentions, how do you guys rate him and our bowling attack?

3D-503;319451 said:
3D
Well done so far but still 2 games to go. Should be a good game this week than, if you are rating your self's. Bad luck I will not be there as I will be playing in other grade but I will keep the phone on and the boy's will keep me informed. By the way if I did have to turn up naked at pres night I would have all the lady's after me. Also good to here you do not rate all your players as good players, and that some are lesser players. Here at St Andrews we are all the same so if your name is David Jolley, Gavin Tapner, Paul Newton, Phil James, Brendan Krake, Bruce Campbell or even Chris Leopold we are all the same.

GeeCeeCee;320001 said:
There was another amazing performance (well Done woodsy on your ton) on the weekend guys, Wardy took 5-1 in less than 2 overs. It was 2nd time he has performed such a feat, the other was against Sunshine Heights about 4-5 years back. He had 2 chances for a Hat Trick and unfortunately did not get either. Just like to get your thoughts on how he's performance rates against a Hat Trick and Newton's 7 a couple of games back. A couple of months back there was talk of the best 3 bowlers in the comp (Newton, C Appleyard, Adams & Costello were menionted frequently), but i don't recall Wardy getting too many mentions, how do you guys rate him and our bowling attack?

Wardy is quality, end of story, basically won the flag for you againsty Wests a few years ago with his spell in the second innings.
Only deficiency is you know he bowls masive innys and hasnt got one that goes away, but his accuracy is second to none, hard working and always at you. Dunno much about the rest of your attack
Glenroys strength has and continues to be its batting. Many hard hitters of the ball with pretty good techniques. Will be a great game this week against Wests with Glenroy desperate to keep their finals hopes alive and Wests wanting to secure top spot

GeeCeeCee;320001 said:

GCC, Wardy's key is that he makes you play more often than not. Cal Appleyard is the same he has you making a decision every ball which is the key at this level. Both every good and you can't leave out Paul Newton who has a bigger motor than I thought he would have. Without playing 2 clubs I would think those 3 are the 3 better bowlers in the comp. Well done Wardy, and a massive game for you guys this week Warren, good luck mate

Hello guys love you work (Very Entertaining stuff).
If the MMVCA had to pick it's rep side to tour at an end of season trip and I was the selector I would go something like this:

Barravecchio ( Had a couple of beers with him and seems like a good bloke, could get loose on the Pints)
Punky Gleisner ( Always have a laugh with him on the Beers. Seems like a bloke that will bat through his innings and not turn to spirits)
Berchy ( Young leader at Heights. His selection is purely based on the future and hopefully he can lead the boys in the future)
Sullivan (c) ( Skipper of this side. Love his work, plays hard on the field but drinks harder off it. Will lead by the front)
Rog Murray ( To stabilise the middle order and hold an end up (wingman) for the single boys. Loves the beers but might get a bit aggressive towards the end of the inning and tequilas might be coming out)
S. Harris ( Nice bloke.Had one beer with him last year and seems like he can go the distance)
Roberts ( Nice guy and might be get under peoples wings. Seems like a beer drinker)
Portelli ( some late order hitting and might turn the game on it's head)
G Tapner ( Will lead the bowling attack with his experience , Might have to bowl a long spell as we have gone with a decent batting attack)
Stevenson ( The messiest bloke of the lot, and still has allot to answer to for not turning up to the West Coburg game. Very entertaining and will have a crack, however tends to go walk about)
L. Cooley ( Solely because the 2nd week of the East Coburg game was washout and because it's his shout ;) )
12th man B.Arhmet ( Always keen for a beer after the game win/lose or drew. Nice guy .
President : John Giopuas (An absolute classic, but can't drink for Crap.)
Respect to all these blokes as they ALL play the game hard but love having a beer afterwards and in My Opinion that’s what it's all about

hey fellars, just wanted to inform you that there is a ripper 20/20 game on tommorow nite between the grandfinalists of last year. G. Tapner is in form form last week and St. Mary's have one of the strongest batting lineups ive seen since at the club. There Will be gauranteed fire works! and my tip is G. Tapner out for under 15 and sammy to bowl real quick. Wat a taste test for round 11. looking forward to it! It is at Monk Oval so head down for a ripper game!!! Go Mary's!

3D-503;319594 said:
Yes mate i watch the boys every week our bowlers did really well with the bat this week two of them put on a 10th wicket record partnership for the club of 61 unbeaten and one of the lads steped up and bowled fantastic spin, If they can continue to contribute and the seasond campainers keep going we should go ok. When i say lesser names its not there ability thats lesser they just go about there buisness unnoticed which if you knew the lads you would agree. On top of that we are a very focused and united club at the moment its really enjoyable to be around, the momentum is building things have been put in place the next 2 or 3 years will be exciting for us..

From what people on here have been saying all year, whats happened down at Paco that has changed things around and what can the MMVCA expect from Paco in the next couple of years, because they tend to under achieve

bcricket;320052 said:
hey fellars, just wanted to inform you that there is a ripper 20/20 game on tommorow nite between the grandfinalists of last year. G. Tapner is in form form last week and St. Mary's have one of the strongest batting lineups ive seen since at the club. There Will be gauranteed fire works! and my tip is G. Tapner out for under 15 and sammy to bowl real quick. Wat a taste test for round 11. looking forward to it! It is at Monk Oval so head down for a ripper game!!! Go Mary's!

Hello Junior

I hope you are in the side pup,will be interesting game.

I thought i already spoke to you about getting the mighty one fired up and you can be sure the Gavman will make more than 15 now !!!!

This is what you would call the entree on Tuesday night,a little appertiser before round 11 (being the main meal) and then desert for us in the finals.

In regards to the finals,there are some real good sides that are finding form at the right end of the season and whoever misses out,i am sure would have done real well in the finals.

I have watched all games this year and the competition has some very good cricketers in most sides.

Bowlers

Ward
Young Punky
Costello
Appleyard
Adams
Ward
Spin twins(even though i would have carted them lol)
Cacchione
Wernham (over his injury)
Newton

Batsman

Parker (he is a gun)
Pipe
Babo
Punky
Taylor
Tapner
Brown

and many more.(sorry to the ones not named)

So i say to myself with this talent and the young blokes coming through,this competion is going alright and why fix something that is not broken.

The only spot that is set is top spot and the last couple of rounds, will be very exciting and i would like to wish all sides that make the finals good luck and to the ones that dont,what a platform for next year.

all the best

F.O.S

F.O.S;320108 said:
Hello Junior

I thought i already spoke to you about getting the mighty one fired up and you can be sure the Gavman will make more than 15 now !!!!

This is what you would call the entree on Tuesday night,a little appertiser before round 11 (being the main meal) and then desert for us in the finals.

In regards to the finals,there are some real good sides that are finding form at the right end of the season and whoever misses out,i am sure would have done real well in the finals.

I have watched all games this year and the competition has some very good cricketers in most sides.

Bowlers

Ward
Young Punky
Costello
Appleyard
Adams
Ward
Spin twins(even though i would have carted them lol)
Cacchione
Wernham (over his injury)
Newton

Batsman

Parker (he is a gun)
Pipe
Babo
Punky
Taylor
Tapner
Brown

and many more.(sorry to the ones not named)

So i say to myself with this talent and the young blokes coming through,this competion is going alright and why fix something that is not broken.

The only spot that is set is top spot and the last couple of rounds, will be very exciting and i would like to wish all sides that make the finals good luck and to the ones that dont,what a platform for next year.

all the best

F.O.S

i think you're being a bit biast here FOS. I think you may have missed a few

Batsmen
Barravecchio
Hunter

Bowlers
Stevenson
Preston
Punky

just my thoughts

bomber27;278363 said:
you pretty much named my top 6.

Top 3 - Appleyard, Ward, Newton

just behind them - Adams, Wernham, Costello

GeeCeeCee

That was from the start of the season. Nothings happened for me to change that opinion yet.

I'm glad I'm not on the NMCA (Jika) exec. Just been reading some of the crap that's been posted on that thread about the Exec pulling the pin on Saturdays play because of the heat. :)

F.O.S;320108 said:
Hello Junior

all the best

F.O.S

im in the side alrite! i wouldnt miss it for the world.
good to hear u back into the swing of things. u have to try something different with gav because if you just let him go he has the ability to take the game away! like last week (20/20). bet they were silent lol. he is a great cricketer i just love the battle and there is nothing wrong with putting a bit of pressure on the KING KONG. he loves it.
ud hope u could get through the main meal alrite ey??
the appertiser will be a ripper. looking forward to having a chat mate mite bring u down a powerade to keep u goin!
cya tommorow Fossil!
bcricket

My Captain said:
3D
Well done so far but still 2 games to go. Should be a good game this week than, if you are rating your self's. Bad luck I will not be there as I will be playing in other grade but I will keep the phone on and the boy's will keep me informed. By the way if I did have to turn up naked at pres night I would have all the lady's after me. Also good to here you do not rate all your players as good players, and that some are lesser players. Here at St Andrews we are all the same so if your name is David Jolley, Gavin Tapner, Paul Newton, Phil James, Brendan Krake, Bruce Campbell or even Chris Leopold we are all the same.

Yes you are right 2 games to go we are confident of 2 good wins, By the way i said lesser names not lesser players every one who plays for us is there for there talent some are not mentioned as much as others just like at your club there are certain players who are mentioned more no big deal just good to see some of them play really good cricket. Good to see you have a sence of humour, will you be putting on a show at our presentation the ladies are looking forward to it then again so is betchy ha ha..

There is alot of talk about the make up of the top four and who will get in but for the first time in a number of years there is a chance, that with Sunshine YCW on top of the B Turf ladder that the club who finishes on the bottom in A Turf may get relegated.

That makes for some very interesting games in the last two rounds and keeps all clubs involved. Might come down to a couple of old rivals in Socials and East Coburg in the last round.

bomber27;320154 said:
There is alot of talk about the make up of the top four and who will get in but for the first time in a number of years there is a chance, that with Sunshine YCW on top of the B Turf ladder that the club who finishes on the bottom in A Turf may get relegated.That makes for some very interesting games in the last two rounds and keeps all clubs involved. Might come down to a couple of old rivals in Socials and East Coburg in the last round.

arent you being a little premature their Bomber?? Where in the by laws does it say that the last team in A turf goes down for the B turf premiers????

I think you'd be hard pressed at getting that past the clubs.......?

bcricket;320125 said:
im in the side alrite! i wouldnt miss it for the world.
good to hear u back into the swing of things. u have to try something different with gav because if you just let him go he has the ability to take the game away! like last week (20/20). bet they were silent lol. he is a great cricketer i just love the battle and there is nothing wrong with putting a bit of pressure on the KING KONG. he loves it.
ud hope u could get through the main meal alrite ey??
the appertiser will be a ripper. looking forward to having a chat mate mite bring u down a powerade to keep u goin!
cya tommorow Fossil!
bcricket
Dont worry about Gav as he is old and over the hill, he was lucky last week hit it to opponents all night long, only problem was it was 20 feet over their head. Its the other batsmen i would worry about there all due for big scores and im sure they will lift for this game. Im also tipping st.marys will go with their a grade side and hope to get an advantage for our round 11 clash. The only thing i agree with you on bcricket is it will be a ripper game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back