mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Old School;223441 said:
With a new chairman coming on board, someone will put their hand up at the EGM, things may change in the way of a merger. It has only been talks at this stage nothing has been voted on ie. by-laws
NWCA need senior clubs from the MMVCA more the we need NWCA They are only strong because of their junior competition.

you say that with some conviction! do you have the inside news?

so tonight is the night for the election of the new chairman.........has anyone got an idea of who might put their hand up??

Old School;223922 said:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Surely the fact we now have a Chairman has to be a good thing! I think we all need to get behind him and support the Association as much we can. As no doubt this is a tireless and largely unthanked job and with out fellas like him and Brett Pallini there would not be comps like ours.

upthesaints;223945 said:
Surely the fact we now have a Chairman has to be a good thing! I think we all need to get behind him and support the Association as much we can. As no doubt this is a tireless and largely unthanked job and with out fellas like him and Brett Pallini there would not be comps like ours.

interesting appointment of David Lyons. I wonder how he will fit into the new role. I suppose time will tell. he has big shoes to fill!!!

bomber27;223797 said:
The new chairman will be from the Glenroy CC.

so Bomber what was the reception like last night witht he appointment of David Lyons as the new Chairman. Have you had anything to do with him in the past......whats his background etc.

Old School;223922 said:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

RooBoy;223956 said:
so Bomber what was the reception like last night witht he appointment of David Lyons as the new Chairman. Have you had anything to do with him in the past......whats his background etc.

Hot headed (probably the best way to describe him) but very organised and doubt he will take criticisms as well as Brett did. But time will tell.
Any other news around?
I heard Sammy won't be playing at Heights next year. Pretty big news since most of the team were his mates

upthesaints;223945 said:

interesting appointment of David Lyons. I wonder how he will fit into the new role. I suppose time will tell. he has big shoes to fill!!!

Fresh_Prince;223983 said:
Hot headed (probably the best way to describe him) but very organised and doubt he will take criticisms as well as Brett did. But time will tell.
Any other news around?
I heard Sammy won't be playing at Heights next year. Pretty big news since most of the team were his mates

sounds like you've had something to do with him and he might be a bit sensitive to criticism. I reckon Brett copped his fair whack of abuse over the years and still stayed on....... i wonder if this guy will too. As you say time will tell.

yeah i heard Sammy isnt in favour down at Sunny Heights and is moving on. i wonder if his mates will stay on.

still no big announcement from St Andrews.......??

bomber27;223797 said:
The new chairman will be from the Glenroy CC.

RooBoy;223956 said:

G'day RooBoy, Ive had no dealings with David in the past and don't know much about him execpt that he is involved with Glenroy.
I think the other big plus last night was that the Association added four new members on to the Executive Committee. This makes it the biggest board for a number of years and can only be beneficial to the Association.
Looks like we can put all that behind us know and get ready for the real stuff.

RooBoy;223956 said:

Any other news around?

RooBoy;224005 said:
sounds like you've had something to do with him and he might be a bit sensitive to criticism. I reckon Brett copped his fair whack of abuse over the years and still stayed on....... i wonder if this guy will too. As you say time will tell.

yeah i heard Sammy isnt in favour down at Sunny Heights and is moving on. i wonder if his mates will stay on.

I have had some dealings... Good Luck to him..
Heights were disappointing last year and in the 2 or 3 years he has been there they haven't made finals

Any other news around?

Yeah I think a bigger executive committee simply enables a bit more sharing of responsibilities and tasks around, thus making it "easier" to fit the time in to do what you have to do.
Well I'll be at the next delegates meeting (whenever that is), so I go in with an open-mind!!

Back to the real stuff, Barkly St have re-appointed their coach of the last several seasons Daryl Williams.

RooBoy;223956 said:

G'day RooBoy, Ive had no dealings with David in the past and don't know much about him execpt that he is involved with Glenroy.
I think the other big plus last night was that the Association added four new members on to the Executive Committee. This makes it the biggest board for a number of years and can only be beneficial to the Association.

bomber27;224007 said:

thats very pleasing to hear and i wish all of the them well for this season.

lets get the cricket on the park!!!

RooBoy;224005 said:

Heights were disappointing last year and in the 2 or 3 years he has been there they haven't made finals

Fresh_Prince;224008 said:

he hasnt been a great success although a lot of their older A grade players went to the seconds this year and brought home a flag!!

Yeah I think a bigger executive committee simply enables a bit more sharing of responsibilities and tasks around, thus making it "easier" to fit the time in to do what you have to do.
Well I'll be at the next delegates meeting (whenever that is), so I go in with an open-mind!!

Back to the real stuff, Barkly St have re-appointed their coach of the last several seasons Daryl Williams.

bomber27;224007 said:

any further updates on club coaches

St Andrews ??
St Marys - Hunter?
Sunny Heights ?
Socials ?

bomber27;224007 said:

thats very pleasing to hear and i wish all of the them well for this season.

lets get the cricket on the park!!!

Fresh_Prince;224008 said:

he hasnt been a great success although a lot of their older A grade players went to the seconds this year and brought home a flag!!

RooBoy;223956 said:

From what I can recall, (my memory is not that great) David was the secretary and backbone of the now defunct Glenroy Amateurs for a number of years when they were in the VTCA. At the same time, and for a considerable number of years was heavily involved on the committee of the NWCA, mainly with the juniors. I think even one year as Secretary of their Association, not sure if he has had recent involvement. He has been Secretary of Glenroy since 2002.

bomber27;224007 said:

any further updates on club coaches

St Andrews ??
St Marys - Hunter?
Sunny Heights ?
Socials ?

Changing the tact a little i want people's early predictions for season 2008/09

A turf premiers ? - My money is on West Coburg
A turf Champion - Justin Summerfield
A turf Batting - ?? Thats a hard one
A turf bolwing - Summerfield

what do others think

RooBoy;223956 said:

From what I can recall, (my memory is not that great) David was the secretary and backbone of the now defunct Glenroy Amateurs for a number of years when they were in the VTCA. At the same time, and for a considerable number of years was heavily involved on the committee of the NWCA, mainly with the juniors. I think even one year as Secretary of their Association, not sure if he has had recent involvement. He has been Secretary of Glenroy since 2002.

RooBoy;224118 said:

what do others think

west coburg need to lift after being LEO SAYER for the last 3 years:cool:

Any other news around?

Strange, I've know the bloke for 20 years, worked with and played cricket against, can not remember him being hot headed at all. Quite bloke actually, when he takes something on though he takes it on completely, so I think it's a good appointment for the Comp.

But of course, he's going to need the right people around him and plenty off them to do the job correctly. Unfortunately towards the end of Bretts tenure he only had 2 I think, and that no where enough to run a comp like this.

So good Luck Dave, hope all clubs support you and your committee and all goes well for the MMVCA.

what do others think

The make up of the new Executive - very interesting.

David Lyons - Quiet bloke from what I know.

John Appleyard - Another quiet bloke but is not scared to speak his mind when needed

Tyson Woods - Everyone on the Forum knows him well

Shane Harris - Wouldn't be a MMVCA forum without him

Stephen Fielding Don't really know him

and the old

Lumpy - the old work horse

Should be a very good season coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back