mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Deano;232476 said:
This might sound a bit rich coming from a player at a club that "apparently" pays heaps, but what sort of cash would they demand to play in a matting comp???

My thinking is that it would have to be significant to change clubs (leave their mates) but i find it hard to believe that these clubs have that money to spend on players.

Maybe players who had a falling out with their clubs will leave, but for the sake of 50-100 bucks or whatever it is just seems weird.

I am not having a go at either of them, they can do what they like, but just for curiositys sake i would love to know an amount.

Cricket at our level is purely social, we are no better than that, and paying players to switch teams is not what these comps should be about.

I know i am not a respected mmvca figure, and i am not taking the moral high ground, it just seems very confusing.

Would love to get some feedback on this.

FOS, no wonder you drive such a fancy car.

p.s. i know i will cop plak for this post, but rest assured it will be my only informative post for the year
Deano,

you are well respected by the guys at our club mate!!!!

That big hundred you made was awesome, showed more about your character than many other would give you credit for.

You have been in at 3 for 20 a few times and doug us out of trouble.

Even Hussey might give you credit but he will never tell you.

Anyone know where F.O.S is??????

ive never questioned deano's character. his cricket is built on character but that is only cause he has no ability:)
you no i love u deano, am already teary thinging about the sat arvo sessions Im goin to miss this year

bomber27;232298 said:
Probably won't be out until a week or two before the start of season. Problem is we have to wait until council has given approval to clubs and comp on ground allocations.
Its the same problem every year.
Bomber27 do you know if McDonald will be used this year. Also what about Sundays will there be turf cricket played on Sundays. Have you heard anything about any of the grounds not being ready for play at the beginning of the season.

Wiseman;232510 said:
It will be interesting to see how these young guys go in our comp considering it is such a dramatic drop according to you guys, really they should both dominate if your comp is as far ahead as you guys say it is.

could be a real eye opener for you boys

Not you again, stay over in the North West

old hack;231415 said:
Lets have everyones predictions for this season!!

Who will be the improvers or will it be the same old sides in the finals?
It will be very hard for St Andrews to win 3 in a row. But we all thought it would be hard to win 2 in a row. Also i think it will be very even this year with all sides having to work very hard to win games. Games could come down to the weather and poor ground prep, which is the same as most years but i think this year it will be more.

bomber27;232298 said:
Probaly won't be out until a week or two before the start of season. Problem is we have to wait until council has given approval to clubs and comp on ground allocations.

i thought that now we have a new exec team, the problems of the past would be fixed and fixtures etc would be out early. :confused:

looks like you're gonna get a lot of questions on here about being on the exec team.

ive never questioned deano's character. his cricket is built on character but that is only cause he has no ability:)
you no i love u deano, am already teary thinging about the sat arvo sessions Im goin to miss this year

RooBoy;232608 said:
i thought that now we have a new exec team, the problems of the past would be fixed and fixtures etc would be out early. :confused:

looks like you're gonna get a lot of questions on here about being on the exec team.
Council is the hold up in allocating grounds it's not the competition.
Fixtures are done as soon as council has allocated grounds.

Wiseman;232510 said:
It will be interesting to see how these young guys go in our comp considering it is such a dramatic drop according to you guys, really they should both dominate if your comp is as far ahead as you guys say it is.

could be a real eye opener for you boys

Not you again, stay over in the North West

My Captain said:
Bomber27 do you know if McDonald will be used this year. Also what about Sundays will there be turf cricket played on Sundays. Have you heard anything about any of the grounds not being ready for play at the beginning of the season.

Playing dates have been released and there is no scheduled Sunday games for A & B Turf. Obviously with the normal shortage of turf grounds, some C Turf clubs, like last year with be playing their home games on a Sunday.

As reported at the AGM, Cook reserve has been ruled out for the year and possibly McDonald reserve West (once again have to wait for a council decision on that one).
Did hear that some grounds were being re-turfed with summer grass, but not sure which ones. Clubs would already know if it was going to be theirs. I know when they did our ground at Hallam reserve, that we didn't start playing on it until mid November.

bomber27;232298 said:
Probaly won't be out until a week or two before the start of season. Problem is we have to wait until council has given approval to clubs and comp on ground allocations.

bomber27;232629 said:
Playing dates have been released and there is no scheduled Sunday games for A & B Turf. Obviously with the normal shortage of turf grounds, some C Turf clubs, like last year with be playing their home games on a Sunday.

As reported at the AGM, Cook reserve has been ruled out for the year and possibly McDonald reserve West (once again have to wait for a council decision on that one).
Did hear that some grounds were being re-turfed with summer grass, but not sure which ones. Clubs would already know if it was going to be theirs. I know when they did our ground at Hallam reserve, that we didn't start playing on it until mid November.
Thanks bomber27
Hope you do not get in much trouble on this site.

RooBoy;232608 said:

Council is the hold up in allocating grounds it's not the competition.
Fixtures are done as soon as council has allocated grounds.

My Captain said:
Thanks bomber27

No probs there Captain, just reporting info that all clubs would know anyway. Sometimes clubs are slow to pass this info on to their members. If this site can be used to keep players in the know, so be it.
Obviously I'm not going to give out confidential or privliged information from the Exec or about my club.
But happy to help if I can. :)

My Captain said:

bomber27;232629 said:

Thanks bomber27

RooBoy;232608 said:

Council won't sign off on grounds until September 10. That leaves three before the start of the season. RooBoy that makes life tough to get them out any earlier.

My Captain said:
Thanks bomber27

No probs there Captain, just reporting info that all clubs would know anyway. Sometimes clubs are slow to pass this info on to their members. If this site can be used to keep players in the know, so be it.
Obviously I'm not going to give out confidential or privliged information from the Exec or about my club.
But happy to help if I can. :)

RooBoy;232608 said:

Council won't sign off on grounds until September 10. That leaves 3 weeks before the start of the season. It would be great to have them out earlier but the Association and clubs have their hands tied.
Can't do much more when dealing with the council.

bomber27;232762 said:
Council won't sign off on grounds until September 10. That leaves 3 weeks before the start of the season. It would be great to have them out earlier but the Association and clubs have their hands tied.

i suspect being on the exec now and fully understanding what goes on is quickly giving you a new perspective. @|

having been invovled at club level in the past, sometimes people dont understand the problems you face.

RooBoy;232608 said:

Council won't sign off on grounds until September 10. That leaves three before the start of the season. RooBoy that makes life tough to get them out any earlier.

Starting to think you might have been on the Exec once upon a time, RooBoy. Don't need to be on the Exec to know and understand how council works.

RooBoy;232608 said:

bomber27;232778 said:
Starting to think you might have been on the Exec once upon a time, RooBoy. Don't need to be on the Exec to know and understand how council works.
Good luck bomber and thank you for your efforts in helping make our comp function.

bomber27;232762 said:

i suspect being on the exec now and fully understanding what goes on is quickly giving you a new perspective. @|

having been invovled at club level in the past, sometimes people dont understand the problems you face.

Ok Guys, had to break the drought on this site.

Delegates Meeting held last night and not much to report on. Just the usually stuff discussed for this time of year.
A couple of interesting points:
- Cole #1 ruled out for the first 5 rounds (Summer grass being laid)
- Prize money for A Turf and A Mats premiers for this season
- Fixtures should be released mid September
- One day grade now three divisions

Any other news out there, practice matches lined up etc

bomber27;233831 said:

Delegates Meeting held last night and not much to report on. Just the usually stuff discussed for this time of year.

Bomber sounds no good for St Andrews do you know if there A & B grades will be playing on Sundays or Saturdays at other grounds until there ground is ready.

bomber27;232778 said:
Good luck bomber and thank you for your efforts in helping make our comp function.

bomber27;233831 said:

How much prize money or will that come later.

My Captain said:
Bomber sounds no good for St Andrews do you know if there A & B grades will be playing on Sundays or Saturdays at other grounds until there ground is ready.

Hopefully I don't complicate this.

If St Andrews A Turf is scheduled at home, they will play at the oppositions ground instead, but still on the Sat. That means whoever was at the oppositions ground will be moved to the Sunday. Which is most likey the same club and St Andrews B Turf team.

If St Andrews B Turf team is scheduled at home, they will just play at the oppositions ground on the Sunday.

So in other words St Andrews A Turf will not play Sunday games.

Good luck understanding that.

bomber27;233831 said:

bomber27;233889 said:

If St Andrews A Turf is scheduled at home, they will play at the oppositions ground instead, but still on the Sat. That means whoever was at the oppositions ground will be moved to the Sunday. Which is most likey the same club and St Andrews B Turf team.

If St Andrews B Turf team is scheduled at home, they will just play at the oppositions ground on the Sunday.

I understood it. That's pretty much what I wrote in my notes last night. :cool:

bomber27;233831 said:

How much prize money or will that come later.

What do we tell our players that have family or work commitments or play Sunday cricket.

Selection would now be - "who is available on sundays" not the best or second best players.

Also our social side of our club will suffer, we generally have 30 plus people back at the rooms till 11:00pm creating a great family environment. Sunday games will reduce this.

Are C-grade playing some sundays games as well?

Limitations of turf wickets will hurt our comp if this stuff continues, cricket needs to be played on saturday afternoons not fitting games in when we can but i do understand the restrictions we have to deal with due to council.

What a terrible situation to be announced only some 4 weeks before the start of the season.

So you are saying that we will play most of our games away for the year?
Wouldn't it be easier to to schedule our home games for later in the year and play most of our away games while work is done on Cole 1.I understand that may cause some other issues to the b-grade fixturing. What a mess!!

Training - so we will have no ground to train on either??

Council are amazing people aren't they

My Captain said:

old hack;233928 said:
What do we tell our players that have family or work commitments or play Sunday cricket.

Selection would now be - "who is available on sundays" not the best or second best players.

Also our social side of our club will suffer, we generally have 30 plus people back at the rooms till 11:00pm creating a great family environment. Sunday games will reduce this.

Are C-grade playing some sundays games as well?

Limitations of turf wickets will hurt our comp if this stuff continues, cricket needs to be played on saturday afternoons not fitting games in when we can but i do understand the restrictions we have to deal with due to council.

What a terrible situation to be announced only some 4 weeks before the start of the season.

So you are saying that we will play most of our games away for the year?
Wouldn't it be easier to to schedule our home games for later in the year and play most of our away games while work is done on Cole 1.I understand that may cause some other issues to the b-grade fixturing. What a mess!!

Training - so we will have no ground to train on either??

Council are amazing people aren't they

I'd have to say that based on the assumption that your first 4 home games will be "away", that you would be unlikely to play at home before Christmas. I guess the best you can hope for is that they really improve your ground with the works so that all this crap is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back