mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

RooBoy;288626 said:
what a joke!
do not belive all that Al Taylor says, but Gary has a bit of a hot head, if Brett is not Captain then he should not get involved in any decision, and i belive Gary would have told him that, maybe in a manner Brett did not like....... Nobody likes or wants to talk to Brett anyway.

RooBoy;288626 said:
what a joke!
do not belive all that Al Taylor says, but Gary has a bit of a hot head, if Brett is not Captain then he should not get involved in any decision, and i belive Gary would have told him that, maybe in a manner Brett did not like....... Nobody likes or wants to talk to Brett anyway.

jontyfromsa;288546 said:
All are about par,and quality bowlers but Adams is bowling better than any A grade bowler atm.
he is bowling genuinely quick, for extended spells and getting movement off the pitch and swing.
Add barker who will be back after xmas with appleyard and greenwood, who bowls very tight and whiteside who ALWAYS gets wickets and it is easily the best attack in the comp.
the only attack that comes near is St Andrews which is also quality IMO.
if Adams is bowling the best in a grade then why has Smoke taken the most wickets

jontyfromsa;288546 said:
All are about par,and quality bowlers but Adams is bowling better than any A grade bowler atm.
he is bowling genuinely quick, for extended spells and getting movement off the pitch and swing.
Add barker who will be back after xmas with appleyard and greenwood, who bowls very tight and whiteside who ALWAYS gets wickets and it is easily the best attack in the comp.
if Adams is bowling the best in a grade then why has Smoke taken the most wickets

My Captain said:

west coburg have hardly been able to have a bowl with all the washouts.
on the weekend cookie was unplayable. bowled 14 overs, 1/19.
the only reason he didn't get more wickets was the haig batsmen weren't good enough to get the edges. ridiculous amounts of play and misses.
he is bowling faster and better than he ever has right now.

having said that, i haven't seen smoke bowl yet so i can't say cookie is bowling better.

My Captain said:

the only reason he didn't get more wickets was the haig batsmen weren't good enough to get the edges. ridiculous amounts of play and misses.

having said that, i haven't seen smoke bowl yet so i can't say cookie is bowling better.

Griffo;288524 said:
Geez wal05 a bit harsh on a couple of the boys there. Your observations on Nader and Portelli are on the mark, their personalities are just as bad as their 'individual' batting. Milky is probably the best fighter in the team I'd say and Cal is a freak. Don't write the Redbacks off, it's redemption time!

St.Marys have a good mix of talent in their ranks this season and I'd expect them to feature prominently. St Francis are pretty young and rely on 2 or 3 to get the job done every week so will be no good come finals when the heat is on but will probably do enough to scrape into the 4. And St Andrews, despite their recent form issues, shoud be thereabouts.

A predictable top 4, I know, but cant see any real challengers to the above teams.

cheers for the backup griffo.
it is too early to write any team off yet.
everyone was giving st andrews crap a few weeks ago, they will bounce back too.

Griffo;288524 said:
Geez wal05 a bit harsh on a couple of the boys there. Your observations on Nader and Portelli are on the mark, their personalities are just as bad as their 'individual' batting. Milky is probably the best fighter in the team I'd say and Cal is a freak. Don't write the Redbacks off, it's redemption time!

St.Marys have a good mix of talent in their ranks this season and I'd expect them to feature prominently. St Francis are pretty young and rely on 2 or 3 to get the job done every week so will be no good come finals when the heat is on but will probably do enough to scrape into the 4. And St Andrews, despite their recent form issues, shoud be thereabouts.

A predictable top 4, I know, but cant see any real challengers to the above teams.

cheers for the backup griffo.
it is too early to write any team off yet.
everyone was giving st andrews crap a few weeks ago, they will bounce back too.

My Captain said:

Maybe the umpires can sit around and talk about this in stead of having long meetings about someone's white hat not being good enough for MMVCA hack cricket.

Really guys.

My Captain said:

Maybe the umpires can sit around and talk about this in stead of having long meetings about someone's white hat not being good enough for MMVCA hack cricket.

Really guys.

old hack;288731 said:

Really guys.

jimmy needs a st andrews club hat and know we dont talk about clubs dress code dave

old hack;288731 said:

Really guys.

jimmy needs a st andrews club hat and know we dont talk about clubs dress code dave

essendon2000;288762 said:

Seems like it is a talking point every week mate. Let me worry about that.

Lets hope we can fix up the By Law that stops a young kid from bowling in the seniors. Lets get this fixed and not worry about some ones hat.

What does everyone think of this. Are we supposed to help young kids develop?

A young talented spinner cannot play seniors because of this ruling.

C17 RESTRICTIONS FOR UNDER-AGE BOWLERS

C17(1) Players who are aged 16 years or younger must not bowl more than 6 (six) overs in a spell and no more than 16 overs in a day. The daily limit includes all overs bowled in both Junior and Senior matches that day.
C17(2) The bowler must not bowl for at least twice as many overs as they bowled in the previous spell before starting another.

C17(3) An interruption in play does NOT constitute the beginning of a new spell. However, an over started on a new day shall be considered the first over of a new spell.

C17(4) A captain will mark the relevant player as “U17” on the teamsheet.

C17(5) A bowler who breaches the limit will not be permitted to bowl for the rest of the match.

This was meant to protect fast young bowlers from injury not spinners.

What a joke!!!!

essendon2000;288762 said:

Lets hope we can fix up the By Law that stops a young kid from bowling in the seniors. Lets get this fixed and not worry about some ones hat.

C17(1) Players who are aged 16 years or younger must not bowl more than 6 (six) overs in a spell and no more than 16 overs in a day. The daily limit includes all overs bowled in both Junior and Senior matches that day.
C17(2) The bowler must not bowl for at least twice as many overs as they bowled in the previous spell before starting another.

C17(3) An interruption in play does NOT constitute the beginning of a new spell. However, an over started on a new day shall be considered the first over of a new spell.

C17(5) A bowler who breaches the limit will not be permitted to bowl for the rest of the match.

What a joke!!!!

jontyfromsa;288546 said:

Adams is definitely not bowling the best in A grade. unless he has improved a massive amount since i last took him apart anyway. I find it hard to respect any bowler with red hair. Adams needs to learn some respect and perhaps not rate himself so highly. A little birdy tells me that Barker is not playing this year due to football commitments and some disagreements with team members. Gotta love some disharmony at West Coburg, now lets watch them crumble like the Wests always do!!!!!!!!

jontyfromsa;288546 said:

Adams is definitely not bowling the best in A grade. unless he has improved a massive amount since i last took him apart anyway. I find it hard to respect any bowler with red hair. Adams needs to learn some respect and perhaps not rate himself so highly. A little birdy tells me that Barker is not playing this year due to football commitments and some disagreements with team members. Gotta love some disharmony at West Coburg, now lets watch them crumble like the Wests always do!!!!!!!!

So i guess this means St. Andrews have a young gun in the ranks Jolley? A spinner too. Something u guys need desperately. Maybe you should focus on making a run or two rather than trying to unleash your next big thing. I do recall you thinking Crash was going to be that next big thing. You were on the money with that one. HAHAHA. A spinner at 16 will be too easily intimidated to bowl too many overs in this comp, would only be a liability. Good luck to the kid if he does play though!!

So i guess this means St. Andrews have a young gun in the ranks Jolley? A spinner too. Something u guys need desperately. Maybe you should focus on making a run or two rather than trying to unleash your next big thing. I do recall you thinking Crash was going to be that next big thing. You were on the money with that one. HAHAHA. A spinner at 16 will be too easily intimidated to bowl too many overs in this comp, would only be a liability. Good luck to the kid if he does play though!!

A predictable top 4, I know, but cant see any real challengers to the above teams.[/QUOTE]

St.Marys can be good at times but too many of them are hit or miss. I hate nothing more than someone who plays cricket without technique!!! i do think they will make the top 4 comfortably though but i doubt that they will be able to win in the 4 day format.

St.francis rely on babo and costello. who else of note do they have? eilers if he is in the mood i guess. they are too young but i can see them scraping into 4th maybe. they should be named st.babo cos without him they are nothing. they dont have any bowlers although the young spinner was impressive.

i would say the top 4 will be st.marys - st andrews - Merlo - St francis

A predictable top 4, I know, but cant see any real challengers to the above teams.[/QUOTE]

St.Marys can be good at times but too many of them are hit or miss. I hate nothing more than someone who plays cricket without technique!!! i do think they will make the top 4 comfortably though but i doubt that they will be able to win in the 4 day format.

St.francis rely on babo and costello. who else of note do they have? eilers if he is in the mood i guess. they are too young but i can see them scraping into 4th maybe. they should be named st.babo cos without him they are nothing. they dont have any bowlers although the young spinner was impressive.

old hack;288777 said:

What a joke!!!!

agreed on all counts but clubs do the by laws umpires just enforce them

old hack;288777 said:

What a joke!!!!

agreed on all counts but clubs do the by laws umpires just enforce them

wal05;288782 said:

Haha...yeah hard to disagree with the big red bafonce comment lol. Who do u play with??? Im sure cooky would be more than happy to trundle a few down to u.
On ur Michael Barker comment ur wrong. He was having a beer at the club sat night and is very much looking forward to playing after xmas...so tough times for opposition batsmen. Appleyard Adams and Barker....doesnt get better at this level of cricket.......now we just need the batsmen to start being consistent

wal05;288782 said:

Haha...yeah hard to disagree with the big red bafonce comment lol. Who do u play with??? Im sure cooky would be more than happy to trundle a few down to u.
On ur Michael Barker comment ur wrong. He was having a beer at the club sat night and is very much looking forward to playing after xmas...so tough times for opposition batsmen. Appleyard Adams and Barker....doesnt get better at this level of cricket.......now we just need the batsmen to start being consistent

jontyfromsa;288793 said:

At this stage i will remain anonymous but i have been around. on Barker i can assure you and everyone else that he will not be back this season. pity though one of the only genuine nice guys in the reds team. and his head bobble always gets a laugh out of me.

jontyfromsa;288793 said:

At this stage i will remain anonymous but i have been around. on Barker i can assure you and everyone else that he will not be back this season. pity though one of the only genuine nice guys in the reds team. and his head bobble always gets a laugh out of me.

Big opportunity for Haig this weekend if the weather holds up. Doesn't matter how many times you play and miss when you are chasing such an abysmal target. Anyway I'm sure the boys from Redback land will be stung into action and will bounce back next round against....wait for it....oh no...the three-peat boys! Should be able to get a grip on who has the best attack after that one.

And now on to the strugglers. Socials are languishing and one would suspect that their future as a club could be in strife looking at how their 2nds are travelling. And as for Pacco ahahaha do they ever make the top 4?!?!

Big opportunity for Haig this weekend if the weather holds up. Doesn't matter how many times you play and miss when you are chasing such an abysmal target. Anyway I'm sure the boys from Redback land will be stung into action and will bounce back next round against....wait for it....oh no...the three-peat boys! Should be able to get a grip on who has the best attack after that one.

And now on to the strugglers. Socials are languishing and one would suspect that their future as a club could be in strife looking at how their 2nds are travelling. And as for Pacco ahahaha do they ever make the top 4?!?!

i cant believe people are still crapping on about jimmys hat. the st mary's boys made a big deal about it in the final last year. why? who gives a s##t. please someone explain. surely you cant question a man commitment by looking at his hat. jim is a great club man. if he was wearing a santa hat i may be worried. come on lads.

also those under 17 rules are australian wide. qld cricket has it as a by law in all comps across the state. the also had restrictions on u/19's only bowling 8 over spells. i hope the lad goes well and handles the step up, but its a huge call no matter how good he is at his age.

i cant believe people are still crapping on about jimmys hat. the st mary's boys made a big deal about it in the final last year. why? who gives a s##t. please someone explain. surely you cant question a man commitment by looking at his hat. jim is a great club man. if he was wearing a santa hat i may be worried. come on lads.

also those under 17 rules are australian wide. qld cricket has it as a by law in all comps across the state. the also had restrictions on u/19's only bowling 8 over spells. i hope the lad goes well and handles the step up, but its a huge call no matter how good he is at his age.

wal05;288794 said:

you're a fool. barks is coming back.
it wasn't football committments keeping him out of cricket. it was a wrecked achilles.
get your facts straight and get a clue.

wal05;288794 said:

you're a fool. barks is coming back.
it wasn't football committments keeping him out of cricket. it was a wrecked achilles.
get your facts straight and get a clue.

wal05;288788 said:

i would say the top 4 will be st.marys - st andrews - Merlo - St francis[/QUOTE]

mmmm interesting

wal05;288788 said:

i would say the top 4 will be st.marys - st andrews - Merlo - St francis[/QUOTE]

mmmm interesting

wetdeck;288707 said:

1/19 impressive.
Question please don't take this the wrong way but if 1/19 off 14 overs is unplayabale then what was Stevenson's 5/29 off 16 overs like?

wetdeck;288707 said:

1/19 impressive.
Question please don't take this the wrong way but if 1/19 off 14 overs is unplayabale then what was Stevenson's 5/29 off 16 overs like?

My Captain said:

My Captain, i dont want to be seen to be backing anyone up here, cos i dont know Brett, but its interesting to read the for someone that was chairman of the comp for so long know one likes or wants to talk to him??

anyway............back to the cricket

My Captain said:

My Captain, i dont want to be seen to be backing anyone up here, cos i dont know Brett, but its interesting to read the for someone that was chairman of the comp for so long know one likes or wants to talk to him??

anyway............back to the cricket

kingy;288827 said:

mmmm interesting[/QUOTE]

you must get pretty frustrated Kingy, cos there are heaps of guys that play "agricultural" cricket in our comp. (thats cow corner).

top 4 ...........st andrews, West Cob, St Francis and Gelnroy, ........Merlo and St MArys to just miss out!

Pacco to finish last with Haig

kingy;288827 said:

mmmm interesting[/QUOTE]

you must get pretty frustrated Kingy, cos there are heaps of guys that play "agricultural" cricket in our comp. (thats cow corner).

top 4 ...........st andrews, West Cob, St Francis and Gelnroy, ........Merlo and St MArys to just miss out!

Pacco to finish last with Haig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back