North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

cherried_lid;281271 said:
what i saw on the weekend was the most disgraceful thing ever...
spend a bit of time driving round n checking out the local comps, when i was watching st albans and at the end of the game...
one young fella was refusing to shake hands at the end of the game.
now what happens on the field stays on it so there is no place in cricket for that klinda behaviour..

the language coming out of his mouth towards the bloke trying to shake his hand was horrendous...
i believe this kids name (thats all he was a little red-nutted kid) was montebruno or sumthing, aboslutely terribble behaviour and i hope to never see it again on the field...

What else would you expect from a bunch of goat herders.

Dingo_Jones;287722 said:
If the sequence of events is as you related then that is just plain cheating. We don't need that in cricket. It's amazing the number of cricketers who don't understand the rules of cricket. In this instance, once the ball is tossed to a fieldsman it becomes dead.

I wonder if anyone can tell me at what point it becomes alive again?

DJ, nice question is when the bowler begins his run up or reaches the crease?

Guru14;287878 said:
DJ, nice question is when the bowler begins his run up or reaches the crease?

I could be wrong and I suppose I should check. I have always believed it is the moment the bowler commences his run. A batsman that bats out of his crease can be thrown out by the bowler if for example the bowler was quick enough prior to delivering the ball. Even if the bowler had'nt reached the bowling crease.

Otherwise why is it possible for the bowler to run the non striker out prior to reaching the bowling crease?

anyone know the scores for Aberfeldie vs Westmeadows and the AV Heights vs KP games ?? not listed on the Mycricket site

also see S Brne didnt play for St Alb on the weekend ? any news why ?

He who knows best;288222 said:
anyone know the scores for Aberfeldie vs Westmeadows and the AV Heights vs KP games ?? not listed on the Mycricket site

i have heard he has been sacked

He who knows best;288222 said:

Both games - no play - holes in covers.

S Brne - GONE !!!!!!

He who knows best;288225 said:
thanks for the heads up

what the hell with HOLES in covers ? that is very average

Brne sacked hey, club bigger than the individual

Bye bye

Will he end up back at Albion?

7/564;287492 said:
He gave 3, one i would say was out , the bloke from the other end who has never umpried before started the rot when we were 3 for 76 then 4 LBW's in the space of 4 overs never helps.

But thats cricket and one day we will get them our way

7 fa, good day for the boys on the weekend certainly a positive move in the right direction. Great to here, as discussed previously these are the games you need to put in the bag and you might get a little luck and all of a sudden 2 wins go 2 4 and and suddenly you're in a fight to stay, rather than making up the numbers to go. I live very close to the ground and it's looking better which again is good it was farly ordinary last year.
How's the coach coming along, wil you grt him back on the park before the end of the season?

Guru14;288302 said:
7 fa, good day for the boys on the weekend certainly a positive move in the right direction. Great to here, as discussed previously these are the games you need to put in the bag and you might get a little luck and all of a sudden 2 wins go 2 4 and and suddenly you're in a fight to stay, rather than making up the numbers to go. I live very close to the ground and it's looking better which again is good it was farly ordinary last year.
How's the coach coming along, wil you grt him back on the park before the end of the season?

Was a good effort by the boys on the weekend wasn't easy to bat on early as water got under the covers but they tuffed it out early we were 3 for 22 before 3 for 38 of 26 overs so wasnt pretty to watch early but as the wicket got better JB and Robbo battered very well , but still a long way to go.

Ground is in very good nick.

Our coach who did his knee had to give it away, it is a shame but took on a new job for work and i no the club wished him all the best, and im sure we will see him around the place , he left on very good terms

7/564;288307 said:
Was a good effort by the boys on the weekend wasn't easy to bat on early as water got under the covers but they tuffed it out early we were 3 for 22 before 3 for 38 of 26 overs so wasnt pretty to watch early but as the wicket got better JB and Robbo battered very well , but still a long way to go.

Ground is in very good nick.

Our coach who did his knee had to give it away, it is a shame but took on a new job for work and i no the club wished him all the best, and im sure we will see him around the place , he left on very good terms[/QUOTE

That's a shame because I think the club needs someone to come in give it a shake up and really put them back on track. It wasn't that long ago that you were winning preimerships, I know you lose players etc but maybe nows the time to move forward and maybe in a slightly different direction. I wish you all the best and if the club does head down a grade you come back firing next year!

We have alot of things in place for next season and beyond.

Coach will be right up there.

We had a few years were we struggled for juniors but that has been fixed up.

We have most of our under 16's playing seconds and thirds and 5 kids in our ones who are not long out of juniors, so i think things will look up over the next few years.

we did no that this was coming a few years ago so it hasnt come as a big surprise to us to be honest

people's thoughts on the NORTH A games this week ?

interesting to see what can do "contrived" in the 2 games which didnt get a start on the w/knd

no 6 points in either game opens up not only relgation options but finals chances as well

He who knows best;288913 said:

interesting to see what can do "contrived" in the 2 games which didnt get a start on the w/knd

no 6 points in either game opens up not only relgation options but finals chances as well

I think Westy and K.Park in games that havent started.

Games that have Tulla easy, Greenvale should get the wickets.

Albion should hold off Seddon, and im hoping East Keilor will get the last 9 Wickets

good luck with EK 7fa hope u get some runs or wickets if your playing

agree with all you are saying although could be some very surprise results in the 2 non starting games so far

both teams have nuffin the lose so could be plenty of fireworks at both grounds

Im tipping Aberfeldie to win and Keilor to lose in those games with both tips agains the grain

:mad:
He who knows best;288913 said:

What have u heard? do u think the home sides deliberately made sure they didn't get a game last week, both apparently had leaky covers.

KP and westy should start favs but i wouldn't be surprised if the home teams get up. Aheights it looks like not many will tip ‘em this year even if they keep winning and abers well no one has much sympathy for them (understandably after all the self promotion that went on even before the 1 ball was bowled…speaking of which were is AberChangedTeam-have to agree with an earlier post it sounded like nyhus = AberChanged Team)even though they’ve been the easy beats in recent years. Credit to that much loved bloke on this forum :mad: CC M Nyhus he has done a good job, comeon loathe him or o/w u have to admit that.

tulla in prime possy for their 2nd outright, although it has to be said that they are up against the weakest side footUnited have put out in years, looks like most of the side is made up of 2nds regulars.So irrespective of other results tulla should go top after this round.

Will St Albans lose another close one, they’ve been competitive but on the wrong side of the result. Could it be one of those seasons for them, off field well we all know the news hasn’t been good.

EastKeilor finally show something, what’s going on @ Parkville though. Albion should register i believe their 2nd win. & finally for mine season is still very open. KP have had some convincing wins but I don’t think there is one side they stands out head n shoulders above the rest. Will see if the ladder changes much after this round.

if North A picked a rep team and North B picked a rep team and they played each other who would be in the teams and how much would North A win by?

Great Post

why don't we pick the 3 best players from EACH club and have a selection process ?

Im sure we could come up with the best NORTH teams based upon a look at that list

new to VTCA i dont no who r the best from all the teams and from what i have seen so far figures and reputations can sometimes be misleading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back