Pakistan vs India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pakistan vs India

India have decided to bat first. Gambhir and Yuvraj are in for Sachin and Dhoni. Gambhir should open now since he's a regular opener and Karthik isn't in good form. Its a important match for both of them because runs whoever is more successful in this match will be the top contender for the openers slot for the Australian tour. Yuvraj is playing a test after a very long time so he needs to make the most of this opportunity.

The other changes include Pathan and Ishant Sharma, who replace Zaheer and Munaf. I don't know much about Shamra, so looking forward to watching him bowl. I hope Irfan is impressive because he's another player that will be important for the Australian tour.

it was great opportunity for gambhir but got out early.....first wicket for sami this series :eek:
this pitch is helping the fast bowlers.....i think kumble chose to bat becase our main bowlers are injured.....we are playing very slowly but first session is very important...dravid is playing in great form....common dravid we need a century

Dravid was looking in ominous touch, but he played a rash shot to get out. The scoring rate has been slow but preserving wickets is the more important in this session. I hope we get through this session without losing any more wickets.

Well they lost another wicket. Poor start for India. I think we could have bowled first but i dont have much confidence in our fast bowlers. All the good bowlers like zaheer, rp and sree are injured  :cursing: only irfan is playing. We will miss sachin too in this match.

another wicket gone :cry.....laxman should have played from front foot.....it looks like india is already playing in australia....we should have defantely bowled first...bangalore is always a bad ground against pakistan...

India lost too many wickets in the first session. They should have played with caution. I hope we bat better now and for a long time. I hope the wicket has a lot of spin after day 3 because pakistan are batting in the last innings so India will have that advantage.

good recovery by dada and yuvraj until now :D.....yuvraj is socring only in boundaries....the wicket is easier for batting now and the ball is old too....if the openers survived for more time in the first session we would have a better position now.

rajan said:
good recovery by dada and yuvraj until now :D.....yuvraj is socring only in boundaries....the wicket is easier for batting now and the ball is old too....if the openers survived for more time in the first session we would have a better position now.
I think the bowlers still get help but after lunch the pakistan bowlers are not bowling well. Kaneria is getting lot of spin too but batsman are playing well against him. Well done by ganguly and Yuvraj the 100 partnership is up. Yuvraj has made good use of the opportunity.

Whats happening? Younis khan is bowling  :eek:

50 for dada!!!!!....i think only sami bowled badly after lunch....they rest bowlers were ok but yuvraj and dada are batting so well...and making them pay..

What a brilliant 100 by Yuvi and at a great time too. Awesome batting display, brilliant strokeplay. He is playing at strike rate of more than 80 :eek: Dada is some brilliant shots at the other end too.
200 partnership up Great recovery by India after disappointing start.

pakistan have lost all the advantage they gained in the first session. the batting by ganguly and yuvraj has been nothing short of brilliant. yuvraj struggled a bit in the early part of his innings but hes hitting boundaries at will now. he has certainly made the most of this opportunity.

15th Test hundered for Ganguly. Well done dada :thumbup:. Back to back hundreds for him the previous one was great because of the opportunity to bat at his home ground but this one is more important for the team. He has been in the great form since the return to india team. Now with Yuvraj scoring century we should find some way to replace Karthik in the team with him.

yuvraj's innings comes to an end but what a splendid innings by him. he totallly dominated all the bowlers and scored at such a good rate. i was hoping for a double century by him. :(

Simbazz said:
The advantage is that the next guy in can play a good aggresive game! Well played to both centurians!
You are talking about Karthik? He is in bad form and I dont trust how he will play. I think he has to score a century in this innigs to stay in the team because all the other batsmen except dravid have made a lot of runs in this series. Dravid has got good starts but failed to take advantage.
What a great comeback by India after the first session. :thumbup1: They scored 300 runs in the next 2 sessions and lost only 1 wicket :eek:hmy:

karthik is in poor form....i hope we had virender sehwag in good form too then we would have a dream team..
i think india should score at least 500 now....yuvraj has shocked everyone with the great batting....he cant be out of the team now...all people say that gangulys place is in danger can shut up....he is playing such a superb cricket..

who said that gangulys place is in danger. he was 2nd highest scorer in the england series and in this series too. i dont know where the talk of dropping him comes from.

there was some report on the news paper about yuvraj should be replacing ganguly or laxman and some article on cricinfo about ganguly too....laxman and ganguly are great players and it is sad when people just want them dropped for no reason.

At the end of the day 365/5 doesn't sound bad at all, and when you consider that India were 61/4 just before lunch, its exceptional. Both Ganguly and Yuvraj were under a lot of pressure initially; Ganguly had a lot of responsibility on him, batting at number 4, in the absence of Tendulkar, and Yuvraj had to prove he deserved a spot in the Test team, but both of them were up to the task. Ganguly looked in good touch since the first ball he played and except the outside edge against Kaneria, which fell short of slip, it was a flawless innings. Yuvraj played some outstanding shots and was a treat to watch, but I still don't think we can find a place for him in the side, unless we somehow replace Karthik with him.

The Pakistani bowling was ordinary. I don't know why Pakistan are again playing with a half-fit Akhtar. Sami, Arafat and Kaneria had a hard time bowling 68 overs among themselves. Sami, finally, managed to pick up wickets in the series, but he bowled a lot of poor deliveries after the new ball lost its shine. Kaneria went for less runs, but he was hardly impressive. Arafat bowled well in the first session and the wicket of Jaffer that he got was well deserved, but other than that he wasn't too impressive either.

Yuvraj said that he wanted to get 200. I think it was a great opportunity for him but he should have made but he should have played carefully after the new ball was taken. :(
Shoaib akhtar was injured again today. He had a MRI scan but he is ok. He didnt bowled much and other pakistan bowlers are useless. Pakistan depend too much on him. Our bowling is not good too for this match so I hope we get more than 500. I think we have better bowling than them because of Kumble and pathan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back