PARIS OLYMPICS

Tonight normal life will virtually come to a standstill with the Euro24 football final between England and Spain being staged. Cheering for England.

Tonight normal life will virtually come to a standstill with the Euro24 football final between England and Spain being staged. Cheering for England.
Didnt you tell me that England were not going well and that Germany was. What caused the turn round. I will have to go for the Poms for Jessicas sake.

Didnt you tell me that England were not going well and that Germany was. What caused the turn round. I will have to go for the Poms for Jessicas sake.
Yes, I did. England wasn't performing particularly well but managed to muddle through with a lot of luck. Head coach Southgate received a great deal of bad press because his players appeared not hungry enough. But the further they went in the tournament the better they played. In the round of the last 16 two players scored two significant goals that were the spark the team had been waiting for and which will go down in England's football history. That seems to be the cause of the turnaround.

Yes, I did. England wasn't performing particularly well but managed to muddle through with a lot of luck. Head coach Southgate received a great deal of bad press because his players appeared not hungry enough. But the further they went in the tournament the better they played. In the round of the last 16 two players scored two significant goals that were the spark the team had been waiting for and which will go down in England's football history. That seems to be the cause of the turnaround.
Good morning all, Spain won 2:1 deservedly after a stunning second half.🇪🇸

Good morning all, Spain won 2:1 deservedly after a stunning second half.🇪🇸
Pommies brides maids, again. GB has not won a Rugby League series against us Aussies in, must be decades. They do better in cricket, at home that is, are always thrashed when they play on Aussie soil tho. We generally top them in the final Olympic medal count too...

Last edited:

I typed this in the color of the Seine water.

The water quality of the River Seine remains a source of concern less than a fortnight out from the start of the Paris Olympics, but Australian athletes set to swim in the famous waterway will be treated with medication after competing.

The medical director of the AOC, Dr Carolyn Broderick, explained that the guts, orifices and skin of triathletes and marathon swimmers would be treated with anti-bacterial medication.

Triathletes will have to be treated twice, following the individual races and the mixed relay, and swimmers are also expected to need more than one bout of treatment given they'll likely be training in the river. 🤢

I typed this in the color of the Seine water.

The water quality of the River Seine remains a source of concern less than a fortnight out from the start of the Paris Olympics, but Australian athletes set to swim in the famous waterway will be treated with medication after competing.

The medical director of the AOC, Dr Carolyn Broderick, explained that the guts, orifices and skin of triathletes and marathon swimmers would be treated with anti-bacterial medication.

Triathletes will have to be treated twice, following the individual races and the mixed relay, and swimmers are also expected to need more than one bout of treatment given they'll likely be training in the river. 🤢
That's always a problem for long-distance swimmers, be it in Tokyo, Sydney Harbour or elsewhere:

"4. Aug. 2021 Swimmers in an event in the bay before the Olympics likened the water to a toilet bowl, but Tokyo officials insisted that a high-tech filtration system would keep the level of dangerous E. coli..."

Popular Sydney beaches declared unsuitable for swimming due to 'likely' contamination - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-19/sydney-beaches-dirty-pollution-sewage-rainfall/103367578

Why do Aussie sporting organizations continue to use Asics as our apparel provider. With respect to the German company and Thomas they dont know the first thing about style.

Pissed off big time by these organizations eradicating the iconic Southern Cross for indigenous designs on our apparel, from swimming, footy, to cricket and now the Olympics.

Last edited:
Asics make the most overpriced running shoes..

Agree their sports team apparel has always been pretty ordinary.

NOW the Matildas playing against Germany. Who's watching? :) Terry is online at 01:04 am. Hi Terry. Grier Grier
:thumbsu:

Update at 3:00 am Perth, and 5:03 in Sydney (Hi Craig):

Match over. Won't tell you the result, just in the unlikely case someone wants to watch it. Quite a strong AUS community among the spectators. How did they make it from down under?🤔

Last edited:
Back