PARIS OLYMPICS

Why do Aussie sporting organizations continue to use Asics as our apparel provider. With respect to the German company and Thomas they dont know the first thing about style.

Pissed off big time by these organizations eradicating the iconic Southern Cross for indigenous designs on our apparel, from swimming, footy, to cricket and now the Olympics.
Why's that, Richie? It's a Japanese company and has got nothing to do with Germany. 🤔

Our outfitter will be Nike completely now that the footie team has not renewed the contract with Adidas. The reason is financial: Nike is gonna pay twice the sum Adidas has offered. Will be about money in AUS, too, won't it?

Thomas the German girls were far too good for the Matildas, minus Sam Kerr.
I heard about her handicap. Our girls may have been better yesterday but may lose the next match against the Tillies. Remember how poorly out team performed in the world cup in your country and NZ.

Last edited:
I put ASCICS in the browser and it came up on a German site Thomas , so assumed it was from your nation. If Japanese then surprised by their lack of style given their beautiful kimono designs.
They may have a strong branch in Ger. I'm wearing ASCICS shoes here but don't buy the brand very often.

Ascics.jpg
The price is a bit on the high side but so is Nike and Adidas apparel .

I buy a lot of Reebok stuff, best value for money imo.
I did, too, particularly shoes but wish they'd come up with new designs. Some models haven't changed for decades.
In general, I buy those branded products that are cheapest. Also buy non-brand products if I like the design and make .

Opening ceremony pretty meh with crap weather.

Swimming finals on at the most awful times in WA like 2-3am. A couple of hours later like on the east coast I wouldn't actually mind.

Shows you how other than us and the Yanks, the remaining nations struggled to reach the FINA Q times. We also had to reach the extra tuffer Aussie set times, yet we still have the second largest squad.

Winnington tonight got the silver after the German fav holding on, Kim a great swim out in L1 to pick up the bronze.

German favorite Lucas Maertens just holding off fast finishing Aussie Elijah Winnington to win the 400m Free Thomas.

Second footie match USA vs GER is on, the score being 3:1 for the US after the first half. GER is having severe problems and will probably have lost it already. The World Champion USA is a different calibre.

Update 45' later: GER lost 4:1. Forget it! Declassing. :(

Last edited:
Back