South Africa in Australia

Re: South Africa in Australia

What a day for South Africa and they are now in a position to win the series.

It all started off very well for them with Hayden hitting another mistimed shot to Duminy. Then Katich departed when he played at a wide delivery and nicked it to Boucher (in similar fashion to smith's first innings dismissal).
Hussey was unlucky to be given out after he recieved a deadly bouncer from Morkel from the naked eye it appeared to hit Glove then Helmet and then pop up to Amla and that is how it was ruled however the slow motion replay showed it was unlucky. Clarke and Ponting did a little bit of rebuilding before Clarke tried to smash a short wide one from Steyn and hit it to Mckenzie who took a good catch at cover. Symonds then came in and didn't last long until he edged one straight to Kallis at second slip off Steyn for a duck. Haddin was dismissed similarly except he scored 10 runs and the bowler was Ntini.
Lee came in and was gone just before tea for 8 falling a victim to a Jaques Kallis cutter that clean bowled him and brought up 250 test wickets for Kallis. Johnson and Ponting looked promising until Ponting was on 99 and about to make history to be the only player to reach back to back tonnes in a test match 4 times but on 99 he got a tempting ball from Morkel which he tried to pearce the gap between short cover and extra cover but it went straight to Smith at short cover. Hauritz then was clean bowled by the same ball that removed Lee. Despite Johnson's cameo it wasn't enough to get the lead over 200 when Siddle was caught behind off steyn giving hima 5 for in both innings and a 10 wicket match leaving him a shoe in for man of the match if South africa win.
South Africa set off needing to negotiate 5 overs with 183 the target. Smith played agrresively with 5 4s and finidhing with an unbeaten 25 off 19. Mckenzie was defensive and was bowled by Lee altough it was a no ball.
This capped off a great day for south Africa and sensible batting tommorow will see them with a series win for over australia for the first time in australia and australia's firts home series loss in 16 years.

I know is sorta unfair on SA but please god make it

rrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnn.

And let us get flogged in sydney :p

Praying for rain to save the Test match. What are we, Englishmen?

I'll be pissed if it's a washout.

Caesar;301177 said:
Praying for rain to save the Test match. What are we, Englishmen?

I'll be pissed if it's a washout.

being pissed if australia don't lose...

what are you... australian :rolleyes:

Ripping-LegBreak;301232 said:
If South Africa do win the match will they go up to 2nd in the test rankings?

They are second already iirc. I think they'll be first if they win this test.

I am glad Steyn got a 10 wicket haul. Everyone was saying that all his wickets had come againts minnows obviously not anymore.:p

grapedo;301403 said:
I am glad Steyn got a 10 wicket haul. Everyone was saying that all his wickets had come againts minnows obviously not anymore.:p

After that performance we're not that far off minnows tbh. :eek:

grapedo;301403 said:

Best bowler in the world atm. @|

Biggie;301410 said:
Best bowler in the world atm. @|

Yeah I agree.
It will be a pretty site in a few years time when Morkel finds his feet too see the duo in full flight.

Game was over when Clarke got out. That was Australia's last chance of trying to play for the draw.

The bowlers have copped a lot of flak for the majority of the series but the batters need to take some of the blame also. Hayden and Katich were out to balls well wide of the off-stump, if you're playing for a draw you don't even bother having a go at those type of deliveries. Hussey was unlucky, Clarke's shot was questionable, yes it was there but he didn't have to play it. Symonds is unfit and shouldn't be in the side.

Lee shouldn't have bowled today also. Gambling on his foot was the wrong approach, he really hasn't looked himself lately with the ball, perhaps his foot is part of that reason.

Another very disappointing effort from Australia. South Africa were in massive trouble but the Aussies have let them off the hook again. They just can't put the opposition away at the crucial times. The old Australian sides of the past 15 years would have crushed South Africa, perhaps even by an innings if they played good enough but those days are gone now.

Big changes coming up I feel, Symonds is not 100% fit and needs to be dropped. Lee won't play the next game and with the SCG hosting the final test it might be an opportunity to play two spinners. Hilfenhaus will definitely come into consideration and so will Doug Bollinger who must be wondering what he has to do to get a game or at least a spot in the squad. Considering the SCG is his home ground it might be the ideal chance for him to make his debut.

Back