The Lounge 2

CEO of the yachts builder said a series of "indescribable, unreasonable errors" by the crew led to the shipwreck. He said the boat needed to be properly prepared for the storm by pulling up the anchor, closing doors and hatches, lowering the keel to increase stability and other measures, while ''all passengers should have been summoned out of their cabins and assembled at a point of safety''.

Australia will take command of an international maritime effort to protect shipping routes in the Red Sea for the first time but won't deploy any military resources. The ABC can reveal that defence will soon announce its assuming command of the Middle East Task Force.

Last edited:
Australia will take command of an international maritime effort to protect shipping routes in the Red Sea for the first time but won't deploy any military resources. The ABC can reveal that defence will soon announce its assuming command of the Middle East Task Force.
I wish my country would deploy the navy in the English channel and stop the small boats full of immigrants coming over. They claim to be fleeing war in their own countries so why not stop in France, there is no war there. There are too many here, taking up our hotels and emergency accommodation, our own genuine homeless people are sleeping on the streets. Almost 500 arrived in one day last week.

Been getting back into fishing recently and trying to use lures a lot more rather than bait which is almost all I did as a kid.

1cc271aca0673d511182ab2bed3197e6.jpg

Caught a nice size black bream off a kayak next to some cliffs on the swan river about an hour ago, should go down nicely.

Although I will say, cricket is already enough of a money burner, but there’s REAL potential to throw some money into lure fishing.

Been getting back into fishing recently and trying to use lures a lot more rather than bait which is almost all I did as a kid.

Caught a nice size black bream off a kayak next to some cliffs on the swan river about an hour ago, should go down nicely.
Looks a beaut Doc. A good feed too.

Is that fly fishing? My cousin goes course fishing, he uses bait, never known him to eat his catch though, our waters here are filthy so probably best not to eat the fish.

No just spin fishing using a soft plastic lure, thankfully the water in around Perth is pretty clean and I usually only fish in salt/brackish water so I don’t deal with potentially bad fresh water. There’s been a couple of algal blooms over the years which make it bad but it’s very temporary.

Back