The Serious Discussion Thread.

Who said this. Not Biden
Yes it was a Biden gaff Craig. In the same speech he named Putin as the President of Ukraine!

He did great work but he should quit still on top before he goes totally gaga. People would love him more if he resigned.
I'd still prefer him to Trump regardless, or VP Harris, or a younger tough Democrat Hawk. Michelle Obama declined. Even Trump's ex Vice President Mike Pence instead of Trump. He was a moral n intelligent man. An ardent Chistian too I think. A better man than Trump in so many ways.

Last edited:
Russia set to have 1,000 soldiers die a day in coming months, that is after losing more than 70,000 troops in the past two months alone, according to British Military Intelligence.

Putin sending young Russian men to Ukraine as nothing else but cannon fodder. That miserable, evil tyrant. 👿

Last edited:
Putin’s soldiers told fighting Ukraine war is ‘good for your health’
Those who return often suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, but this is frowned upon – so Russian psychologists are now saying ‘post-traumatic growth’ is a benefit to fighting in Ukraine. Psychologist Vasily Langovoy told an anti-war website in Siberia that war doesn’t just traumatize people – it also ‘heals them’
(©Provided by Metro)

Putin’s soldiers told fighting Ukraine war is ‘good for your health’
Those who return often suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, but this is frowned upon – so Russian psychologists are now saying ‘post-traumatic growth’ is a benefit to fighting in Ukraine. Psychologist Vasily Langovoy told an anti-war website in Siberia that war doesn’t just traumatize people – it also ‘heals them’
(©Provided by Metro)
😳 What callous evil lying buzzards!

Trump’s VP choice is a climate skeptic.​

(from Nature Briefing)

Former US president Donald Trump’s choice of running mate in the presidential election, Senator JD Vance, is a strong backer of the oil and gas industry, has opposed support for renewable energy and electric vehicles and says he is skeptical of climate change. Like his view on Trump — which has changed from vocal critic to die-hard loyalist — it has not always been this way. “We have a climate problem,” said Vance in 2020. Last year, after seeking Trump’s support during his 2022 campaign for the senate, Vance criticized climate legislation as “green energy daydreams”.

As expected! Still, my 16yo Corolla and motorbike run on high octane petrol. I only drive/ride a little being even older than Craig! My 350 motorbike uses 2.1L/100km so with a 15L tank my range is 700km plus as I like the eco mode. Better than a hybrid.

What's Climate change?
What do the Scientists know?
They never don't know no nothing no never.😄 = + ,they know!
And still the records keep breaking at unprecedented rates in typical Geological terms, albeit some natural and fast anomalies, but recently furiously fast and obviously human induced since pre industrial times. Yet we're still not seeing the elephant in the room because of short term vested interests, and greed. Now we're +1.5C that we'd hoped to evade. +3C by say 2100 could be a mammoth catastrophe for our 'only' home planet aptly named "Earth". How about "Dusty"?
Dreams of Martian cities are still dreams, a polluted hot Earth would be a better and cheaper option, better for the wealthier of course. It is what it is.

Last edited:

(from Nature Briefing)

Former US president Donald Trump’s choice of running mate in the presidential election, Senator JD Vance, is a strong backer of the oil and gas industry, has opposed support for renewable energy and electric vehicles and says he is skeptical of climate change. Like his view on Trump — which has changed from vocal critic to die-hard loyalist — it has not always been this way. “We have a climate problem,” said Vance in 2020. Last year, after seeking Trump’s support during his 2022 campaign for the senate, Vance criticized climate legislation as “green energy daydreams”.

As expected! Still, my 16yo Corolla and motorbike run on high octane petrol. I only drive/ride a little being even older than Craig! My 350 motorbike uses 2.1L/100km so with a 15L tank my range is 700km plus as I like the eco mode. Better than a hybrid.

What's Climate change?
And still the records keep breaking at unprecedented rates in typical Geological terms, albeit some natural and fast anomalies, but recently furiously fast and obviously human induced since pre industrial times. Yet we're still not seeing the elephant in the room because of short term vested interests, and greed. Now we're +1.5C that we'd hoped to evade. +3C by say 2100 could be a mammoth catastrophe for our 'only' home planet aptly named "Earth". How about "Dusty"?
Dreams of Martian cities are still dreams, a polluted hot Earth would be a better and cheaper option, better for the wealthier of course. It is what it is.
Isn't a VP's job to attract new groups of voters? Can he do that as Trump's copycat? It might be Trump's first strategic mistake to appoint Vance.

Still, my 16yo Corolla and motorbike run on high octane petrol
Not necessarily methinks. ;) Give your Corolla E10 and it'll run just as well.

(from Nature Briefing)

What's Climate change?
Terry is hard for me to read your post as is black on black.

Last edited:
If you guys are unable to access this link. Below is the article.

For the last decade, the chief instigator, cheerleader, and apologist of political violence has been Donald J. Trump. Trump revels in political violence. He alone fomented the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection, the only attempted coup in U.S. history. In 2017, he said there were “very fine people” among white nationalists days after one of their ranks murdered Heather Heyer in Charlottesville, Virginia. In 2020 he told the Proud Boys, a violent fascist gang, to “Stand back and stand by.” In 2016, he implied his followers could shoot his opponent Hillary Clinton when he said maybe “Second Amendment people” could stop her from picking Supreme Court justices.

Trump has not let up. In 2023 he told his supporters, “I am your retribution.” This March Trump warned, “Now if I don’t get elected … It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country.” In June, Trump vowed “revenge” against his enemies.Political violence has been Trump’s defining quality since that day in June 2015 when he descended a golden escalator and ranted about Mexican immigrants, “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”Two months later, two Boston-area men engaged in what prosecutors called a “vicious and unprovoked” assault on a homeless man because he was Hispanic. One assailant told police, “Donald Trump was right, all these illegals need to be deported.” When asked about the assault, Trump claimed he didn’t know anything about it, but then in effect endorsed the attack, “I will say that people who are following me are very passionate. They love this country and they want this country to be great again. They are passionate.”

That set the tone for the 2016 campaign. Embracing and celebrating political violence was Trump’s calling card. By early 2016 Trump’s encouragement of violence against protesters at his rallies was so frequent The New York Times compiled a greatest hits video:

“Maybe he should have been roughed up.”
“Knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. … I will pay for the legal fees.”
“You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out on a stretcher folks.”
“I’d like to punch him in the face. I’ll tell you.”

Last edited:
Why are UK troops in Middle East, Yanks too for that matter. I say leave Israel to battle its enemies alone, but only if Iran stays out of it..

Agreed Craig but the US are sending another big aircraft carrier into the Mediterranean.
I've heard Iran is not keen to get into a stoush with the Jews.
However, several nearby Arab countries like Lebanon are furious with Israel and a bigger conflict may happen.

Back