West Indies in New Zealand

Re: West Indies in New Zealand

Unfortunately the covers are on and rain combined with a wet outfield have delayed the start of play.

Hopefully play will resume shortly.

I'd still back the Kiwi bowlers to get the Windies out twice in these sorts of conditions.

diablo14;292453 said:
I'd still back the Kiwi bowlers to get the Windies out twice in these sorts of conditions.

I can't see that happening. With play likely to finish early each day i can't see anything happening other than a draw.

Jolldo87;292515 said:
I can't see that happening. With play likely to finish early each day i can't see anything happening other than a draw.

I don't trust the Windies in these conditions at all.

McCullum out caught behind off the bowling of Taylor for 25. New Zealand 5/278 with Ryder on 79 and Franklin the new man at the crease.

Chattergoon just dropped Ryder It was a relatively simple chance and should have been taken. So Ryder gets a life on 80. New Zealand now 5/285.

Franklin flicks one to fine leg, slips over and is out hit-wicket for 7. Edwards gets the wicket.

New Zealand now 6/289.

Ryder hooks it straight to the fielder and is gone for 89. Powell gets the wicket. New Zealand are 7/310.

West Indies moved a fielder back to deep third man, Vettori doesn't notice this and hits it straight to him. Vettori is out for 30 off the bowling of Powell and gave Mills a spray whilst he was walking off for not telling him the fielder moved.

Edwards hits Mills on the pad and is given not out. The West Indies challenge and he is out. Mills is out for 12. New Zealand 9/347.

O'Brein copped a barrage of bouncers from Edwards who finally got him for 4. Gillespie finished not out on 16.

New Zealand are all out for 365.

If West Indies manage to avoid the follow-on they've pretty much secured the draw.

West Indies 0/39 at Stumps on Day 3, still trailing by 326 runs.

Gayle is on 29 and Chattergoon is on 9.

NZ did well.

Ryder looks far better down the order it must be said.

Unlucky for him & Flynn not to register a 100 each.

West Indies are fighting hard at 6/240, trailing by 125 runs. Shiv Chanderpaul is on 43 and Jerome Taylor has raced to 46 but has been there for only a third of the time that Chanderpaul has. Earlier, Chris Gayle scored the bulk of the side's runs, making 74 before falling victime to Iain O'Brien.

O'Brien has one wicket, Vettori has two and Kyle Mills has three.

This has turned out to be quite an entertaining game so far, a shame that the rain has washed out four sessions as this could have been a tight finish.

Biggie;293217 said:
Whos the white guy playing for WI? :confused:

Brendan Nash, ex-Queensland Bulls player.

50 for Taylor, very well batted, that's his maiden first-class fifty. His previous highest first-class score was 40 and for test cricket it was 31. Chanderpaul's still there on 49 and West Indies are 6/253 at tea, trailing by 112.

This partnership could very well be a match-saving one for the Windies as they were in big trouble when Ramdin was dismissed, believe it or not that was 80 runs ago.

The new ball will be due in the first over after the break so it will be interesting to see how Taylor and Chanderpaul go against the new cherry. With 32 overs remaining today, they'll want to bat for as many as they can in order to reduce the deficit to as little as possible.

Back