Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

tayls;295331 said:
Sorry guys but how can you underrate and overrate players in our comp? What or who are you comparing them to? Any player on any day can do something extraordinary in a game. I think you should just talk about players that are in form and that aren't. I know there are a few blokes that would be the first to put their hands up and say "I'm not playing well at the moment" out of those lists.

Ok then, who is in form and who is out of form?
This should be interesting :cool:?

tayls;295331 said:
Sorry guys but how can you underrate and overrate players in our comp? What or who are you comparing them to? Any player on any day can do something extraordinary in a game. I think you should just talk about players that are in form and that aren't. I know there are a few blokes that would be the first to put their hands up and say "I'm not playing well at the moment" out of those lists.

Ok then, who is in form and who is out of form?
This should be interesting :cool:?

Nathan;295186 said:
j temby- no as deadly as his brother can get on top him
w kiely - burnsdie all rounder can talk him off his game easily not as easily as the matts where
most underrated
troy stanchotti- best player in the comp on his day fields bats and bowls and great ticker

Don't play with him any more, but after our game against Burnside, I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne was carrying an injury or two. Definitely hasn't been at his best this year, which makes it a little harder to judge, but definitely not overrated.

This is our first year in this grade so it's a little hard to judge over/under rated players, and I can only go from what i've seen personally, but I definitely agree with Troy being underrated. Can go for a few, but is a genuine wicket taking bowler, good counter attacker with the bat, good fielder. Really just plays the way cricket should be played too.

All the talk about J Temby has kinda got me thinking about whether people are just rating him alongside his brother? Bloke's not a mug with the bat, and while I think you could get on top of him when he's bowling, he's certainly not easy batting.

Nathan;295186 said:
j temby- no as deadly as his brother can get on top him
w kiely - burnsdie all rounder can talk him off his game easily not as easily as the matts where
most underrated
troy stanchotti- best player in the comp on his day fields bats and bowls and great ticker

Don't play with him any more, but after our game against Burnside, I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne was carrying an injury or two. Definitely hasn't been at his best this year, which makes it a little harder to judge, but definitely not overrated.

This is our first year in this grade so it's a little hard to judge over/under rated players, and I can only go from what i've seen personally, but I definitely agree with Troy being underrated. Can go for a few, but is a genuine wicket taking bowler, good counter attacker with the bat, good fielder. Really just plays the way cricket should be played too.

All the talk about J Temby has kinda got me thinking about whether people are just rating him alongside his brother? Bloke's not a mug with the bat, and while I think you could get on top of him when he's bowling, he's certainly not easy batting.

hussler;295066 said:
Im glad you sorted that out with yourself drongo...............Ive noticed u luv talking about freckles ................mmmmm...strange:(...Just remember 1 thing,u do not tell me what 2 do!!!!!!Speak 2 ya after the next post no doubt????:D

Drongo suggest ur a nerd..
Dont tell me what to do suggests ur a mama's boy who sits at the front of the class & takes it in the freeckle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hussler the ultimate receiver. Gee i hope i didnt make a speeling mistake.........:D
lets catch up & bring ur Boyfreind fatso.....
u know way to much about our comp i.e. Gooky Forbsy etc NERD!!!!!
He who sledges on a form has no ticker/collionies, please lets catch up Nerd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hussler;295066 said:
Im glad you sorted that out with yourself drongo...............Ive noticed u luv talking about freckles ................mmmmm...strange:(...Just remember 1 thing,u do not tell me what 2 do!!!!!!Speak 2 ya after the next post no doubt????:D

Dont tell me what to do suggests ur a mama's boy who sits at the front of the class & takes it in the freeckle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hussler the ultimate receiver. Gee i hope i didnt make a speeling mistake.........:D
He who sledges on a form has no ticker/collionies, please lets catch up Nerd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey big coq and hussler why dont u go make ur own chat form for baging each other getting alittle tired of it to be truthful and i think so is everyone else.
i would like to put a guesstion to everyone
who are the top 3 batters u dont like bowling to.and best young talent at ur club

3 batters
d temby
wal gunnaway (rooster 1 always uses hes feet so well to my legies)
l lewis (from roosters also use hes feet so well)

1.d pham (he is i think the best ground feilder in the comp good low order bat and handy bowler)

2.n moon (only came down to the club this year handy bat,left arm bowler if he can pick up sum speed and work on bowling could be suming speical

3.d clake(rooster 2 this kid is going to be a superstar only 15-16 very good bat can bowl good mediums and isnt a bad keeper.if he keeps playing he willnt be best player in the comp coz he will be playing alot higher thats if football dont work out for him

hey big coq and hussler why dont u go make ur own chat form for baging each other getting alittle tired of it to be truthful and i think so is everyone else.
who are the top 3 batters u dont like bowling to.and best young talent at ur club

3 batters
d temby

1.d pham (he is i think the best ground feilder in the comp good low order bat and handy bowler)

2.n moon (only came down to the club this year handy bat,left arm bowler if he can pick up sum speed and work on bowling could be suming speical

3.d clake(rooster 2 this kid is going to be a superstar only 15-16 very good bat can bowl good mediums and isnt a bad keeper.if he keeps playing he willnt be best player in the comp coz he will be playing alot higher thats if football dont work out for him

altonasJB;295465 said:

3 batters
d temby

Sorry mate wont happen again......
cannt stand it when nerds get on and start trying to flex there verbal muscle with witty shit like u cant spell.

Best batsmen i have bowled too this year by a street is D.Temby/Hutchy
Best bowler i have faced this year C.Armstrong/jimmy Draper
Best fielder sanoti/pham.
Best all rounder C.Amstrong/ D.Temby/Pup.
Best keeper the boy from Burnside/Melton.
Best team on paper St Andrews
Best Team Roosters 1.
Best Club Altona Roosters
Best spinner Callus
Most under rated player by a street D.Heke b matts could be & do anything............

altonasJB;295465 said:

3 batters
d temby

Sorry mate wont happen again......
cannt stand it when nerds get on and start trying to flex there verbal muscle with witty shit like u cant spell.

Best batsmen i have bowled too this year by a street is D.Temby/Hutchy
Best bowler i have faced this year C.Armstrong/jimmy Draper
Best fielder sanoti/pham.
Best all rounder C.Amstrong/ D.Temby/Pup.
Best keeper the boy from Burnside/Melton.
Best team on paper St Andrews
Best Team Roosters 1.
Best Club Altona Roosters
Best spinner Callus
Most under rated player by a street D.Heke b matts could be & do anything............

My Selections for Best Players in this comp are
Best Batsmen - Daniel Temby & Mick O'Toole (injured but back after Xmas)
Best Fast Bowler - Jimmy Draper
Best Fielders - Pham and Stanchanoti
Best Keeper - A Spiteri (Burnside)
Best Allrounders - Chris Armstrong and Daniel Temby
Best Team in Turf - St Andrews
Best Spinner - Mick Callus
Most Under Rated - Spiteri (Burnside)
Most Over Rated - Jake Temby

My Selections for Best Players in this comp are
Best Batsmen - Daniel Temby & Mick O'Toole (injured but back after Xmas)
Best Fast Bowler - Jimmy Draper
Best Fielders - Pham and Stanchanoti
Best Keeper - A Spiteri (Burnside)
Best Allrounders - Chris Armstrong and Daniel Temby
Best Team in Turf - St Andrews
Best Spinner - Mick Callus
Most Under Rated - Spiteri (Burnside)
Most Over Rated - Jake Temby

altonasJB;295465 said:

3 batters
d temby

gotta luv that moony!

altonasJB;295465 said:

3 batters
d temby

gotta luv that moony!

wait there!!!;294743 said:
Over Rated: Chris Smith
Jake Temby
Trent Murray
Aaron Eastley
Josh Evans ( dont care if he plays in this comp or not:cool:)
Matthew Hayes
Hogart ( or whatever..... from St. Andrews )

Under Rated: Mick Nolton
Dave Temby
The young opener from Roosters 1
lumely
Manny from Congs
Krugger from St. Andrews

Troy S (from Congs"he is the best fielder in the comp")

I play cricket at St Johns and have seen Jake Temby single handedly win us a semi final in a year that we went on to win the flag. Then in another one of
our priemership years he won the club champion player by about 15 votes.

so you blokes can keep saying he is over rated all you like , but i reckon we would be 2 Turf flags lighter without him.

wait there!!!;294743 said:
Over Rated: Chris Smith
Jake Temby
Trent Murray
Aaron Eastley
Josh Evans ( dont care if he plays in this comp or not:cool:)
Matthew Hayes
Hogart ( or whatever..... from St. Andrews )

Under Rated: Mick Nolton
Dave Temby
The young opener from Roosters 1
lumely
Manny from Congs
Krugger from St. Andrews

Troy S (from Congs"he is the best fielder in the comp")

I play cricket at St Johns and have seen Jake Temby single handedly win us a semi final in a year that we went on to win the flag. Then in another one of
our priemership years he won the club champion player by about 15 votes.

so you blokes can keep saying he is over rated all you like , but i reckon we would be 2 Turf flags lighter without him.

BigCoq;295456 said:

Tell us who you are drongo+yes I do know Gooky+Forbsy NERD!!!!!!:confused:

BigCoq;295456 said:

Tell us who you are drongo+yes I do know Gooky+Forbsy NERD!!!!!!:confused:

altonasJB;295465 said:

3 batters
d temby

Young Damian will be playing in the west metro junior c.a rep under 16 side during the holidays, was very impressed with his bowling and will be opening the bowling.. Has to work on his batting techinque outside off stump but that will come with time, tends to poke at them. Im surprised he doesnt get more of a go in the bowling department in the seniors at the Roosters unless his used as a keeper.

Another promising up and comming junior is Rowan from the congs, impressed with his bowling and named vice captain of the rep side. Daniel Nightingale from ANA will lead the rep side and hopefully they can manage a couple of wins this year against some of the much bigger junior associations.

altonasJB;295465 said:

3 batters
d temby

Young Damian will be playing in the west metro junior c.a rep under 16 side during the holidays, was very impressed with his bowling and will be opening the bowling.. Has to work on his batting techinque outside off stump but that will come with time, tends to poke at them. Im surprised he doesnt get more of a go in the bowling department in the seniors at the Roosters unless his used as a keeper.

Another promising up and comming junior is Rowan from the congs, impressed with his bowling and named vice captain of the rep side. Daniel Nightingale from ANA will lead the rep side and hopefully they can manage a couple of wins this year against some of the much bigger junior associations.

wait their who ever u are
i do have to love it i do im very overrated going on stats i done nothing to be honest i don't know bout being something special but ill take it i guess who wouldn't
yes jake been mention a lot but yes he may have won games in the past this season has done nothing special at all this season thats what im going by
my question what is going on their only playing with 10 last game what going on their surley then got 11 blokes to play top grade just handicap from the start if thats going to be the case for few games

i do have to love it i do im very overrated going on stats i done nothing to be honest i don't know bout being something special but ill take it i guess who wouldn't
yes jake been mention a lot but yes he may have won games in the past this season has done nothing special at all this season thats what im going by
my question what is going on their only playing with 10 last game what going on their surley then got 11 blokes to play top grade just handicap from the start if thats going to be the case for few games

my selections

best batsman- dan temby/ matty hayes
best fast bowler- havent faced draper but ash lewis pretty handy when playin
best fielder- phammy is a freak!
best keeper- hulett- (will be top 3 batters within 2 seasons)
best allrounder- dan temby by a street....until callus gets consistant with bat
best team- st.andrews buzz team right now but flags not won in december......
best spinner- callus eaisly, but im told im closing the gap lol
most underated- manny uppal/ adam hulett/ scott lumley
most overated- wow, i cant belive how many people have jake temby here, think all you are MAD! his stats are terrible this year- ave 20 with bat and taken 7 or 8 wickets at the half way mark. every year he gets between 20-30 wickets, and is around 20 with the bat. think he would waltz into any team with open arms.

JB- 3 bats i hate (cause they make me look terrible) and love (for the challenge) bowling to are- d.temby, m.hayes, l.lewis. just feel like all 3 have total control over me. only bowled to dan once, i tried to hard and he hit me around like i was a under 14 bowling to him. hayes just sooooooo patient. leigh lewis never ever looks like going out to me and he will turn it around very very soon and be at the top of batting list where he belongs.

merry xmas everyone good luck on saturday.

my selections

best batsman- dan temby/ matty hayes
best fast bowler- havent faced draper but ash lewis pretty handy when playin
best fielder- phammy is a freak!
best keeper- hulett- (will be top 3 batters within 2 seasons)
best allrounder- dan temby by a street....until callus gets consistant with bat
best team- st.andrews buzz team right now but flags not won in december......
best spinner- callus eaisly, but im told im closing the gap lol
most underated- manny uppal/ adam hulett/ scott lumley
most overated- wow, i cant belive how many people have jake temby here, think all you are MAD! his stats are terrible this year- ave 20 with bat and taken 7 or 8 wickets at the half way mark. every year he gets between 20-30 wickets, and is around 20 with the bat. think he would waltz into any team with open arms.

JB- 3 bats i hate (cause they make me look terrible) and love (for the challenge) bowling to are- d.temby, m.hayes, l.lewis. just feel like all 3 have total control over me. only bowled to dan once, i tried to hard and he hit me around like i was a under 14 bowling to him. hayes just sooooooo patient. leigh lewis never ever looks like going out to me and he will turn it around very very soon and be at the top of batting list where he belongs.

merry xmas everyone good luck on saturday.

Nathan;295889 said:

If you're asking about St Johns I can tell you that we have just had people with busy social calendars and unfortunately our numbers are down on previous years. People have moved on for this season at least which doesn't make it any easier. I have played at the club for 10+ years and this season reminds me alot of when I started. Always making calls to fill spaces in the teams. Never mind. Those that are there get out, try their best and just enjoy the game. That's what it's all about after all!

Nathan;295889 said:

If you're asking about St Johns I can tell you that we have just had people with busy social calendars and unfortunately our numbers are down on previous years. People have moved on for this season at least which doesn't make it any easier. I have played at the club for 10+ years and this season reminds me alot of when I started. Always making calls to fill spaces in the teams. Never mind. Those that are there get out, try their best and just enjoy the game. That's what it's all about after all!

tays thanks for the update mate all reports ur top bloke to should hank foxy for that !!!!
i see have to teams i think u still have play 11 in ur top grade im not trying to be smart ass but got have 11 players and give ya self a chance if understand what i mean u got so handy cricketers on their day look out but 10 players just not on in my eyes but thats for answers u gave good luck champ on the weekend

tays thanks for the update mate all reports ur top bloke to should hank foxy for that !!!!
i see have to teams i think u still have play 11 in ur top grade im not trying to be smart ass but got have 11 players and give ya self a chance if understand what i mean u got so handy cricketers on their day look out but 10 players just not on in my eyes but thats for answers u gave good luck champ on the weekend

Nathan;296531 said:

Thanks Moon. We try to get 11 in both grades but we're not having much luck in either grade with availability at the moment. If we take 11 that leaves 9 blokes in B grade and 2-3 of those are kids (12-13 yo). It's bloody hard at the moment. Good luck to everyone playing this weekend. Should be a good round.

Nathan;296531 said:

Thanks Moon. We try to get 11 in both grades but we're not having much luck in either grade with availability at the moment. If we take 11 that leaves 9 blokes in B grade and 2-3 of those are kids (12-13 yo). It's bloody hard at the moment. Good luck to everyone playing this weekend. Should be a good round.

Mr Bowden, I wonder if the St.John's players are happy with you, after reading your list of underated players, I noticed on your list you included a Simo Levic from Kingsville Bapts.

In reviewing this weeks results, I see that Simo Levic starred with Bat & Ball. 61 n.o and 4/17.

Something to think about Mr Bowden, as it always comes back to bite you on your, lets just say, rather large barge arse.

Mr Bowden, I wonder if the St.John's players are happy with you, after reading your list of underated players, I noticed on your list you included a Simo Levic from Kingsville Bapts.

In reviewing this weeks results, I see that Simo Levic starred with Bat & Ball. 61 n.o and 4/17.

Something to think about Mr Bowden, as it always comes back to bite you on your, lets just say, rather large barge arse.

Well we have reached the christmas break and it has been a very good Turf season so far this season. The games have been very competative and should be a better 2nd half of the season. St Andrews would be favourites for the flag but as Melton Centrals found out last year the flag is won in March and not in December.

In my eyes the best team so far this season is St Andrews. They have not lost a game so far and they won a very close game on the weekend against Congs. Chris Armstrong was again the difference between both sides with his batting and tight bowling. Along with Daniel Temby they are the best 2 cricketers in the comp. There is still more improvement from St Andrews with Mick O'Toole to come back. Congs put up a very good chase getting within 5 runs. They will make the finals in my opinion. There concern will be their batting though as there top 6 continue to struggle with consistency.

It was a good win by Kingy Bapts on the weekend putting them close to the top 4. They will need to continue to win games as they have had a poor start to the season. I think they will end up 5th. They will be tested when they play some tougher opposition. Last years premiers St Johns have been the biggest dissapointment. They wont make the finals. Unfortunately they have lost a few players and haven't been able to replace them.

Good to see Roosters #2 or should I say Roosters # 1&1/2 get a win after being smashed in a few games this year. Pretty dissapointing they had to stack their side with 6 of their first players against the other bottom side of the comp. Both sides will continue to struggle for the rest of the year but improvement will be the key factors for both sides.

Melton Centrals had a very good win on the weekend and once again they will be there abouts this year. They dont have the pressure of being red hot favourites this year. They don't have the depth they have had from the past 2 seasons, but they continue to be very competative. Mick Hayes and Adam Huellet have improved their consistency and have become a very good opening pair. Burnside have done a very good job in being competative this year after coming up from the A Matts. Wayne Keiley has been a big loss for them. They will obviousely look to recruit to be more successful next year.

The Roosters #1 who had the bye on the weekend will make the finals in my opinion. Though they made the GF last year they have a better team this year with the contribution from all being very good. Their bowling has been very good this year and as like Congs their batting has been good in patches. I am sure they would admit like all clubs their is still plenty of improvement.

Merry Christams to all and good luck to the WSUCCA Carnival side over the break.

Well we have reached the christmas break and it has been a very good Turf season so far this season. The games have been very competative and should be a better 2nd half of the season. St Andrews would be favourites for the flag but as Melton Centrals found out last year the flag is won in March and not in December.

In my eyes the best team so far this season is St Andrews. They have not lost a game so far and they won a very close game on the weekend against Congs. Chris Armstrong was again the difference between both sides with his batting and tight bowling. Along with Daniel Temby they are the best 2 cricketers in the comp. There is still more improvement from St Andrews with Mick O'Toole to come back. Congs put up a very good chase getting within 5 runs. They will make the finals in my opinion. There concern will be their batting though as there top 6 continue to struggle with consistency.

It was a good win by Kingy Bapts on the weekend putting them close to the top 4. They will need to continue to win games as they have had a poor start to the season. I think they will end up 5th. They will be tested when they play some tougher opposition. Last years premiers St Johns have been the biggest dissapointment. They wont make the finals. Unfortunately they have lost a few players and haven't been able to replace them.

Good to see Roosters #2 or should I say Roosters # 1&1/2 get a win after being smashed in a few games this year. Pretty dissapointing they had to stack their side with 6 of their first players against the other bottom side of the comp. Both sides will continue to struggle for the rest of the year but improvement will be the key factors for both sides.

Melton Centrals had a very good win on the weekend and once again they will be there abouts this year. They dont have the pressure of being red hot favourites this year. They don't have the depth they have had from the past 2 seasons, but they continue to be very competative. Mick Hayes and Adam Huellet have improved their consistency and have become a very good opening pair. Burnside have done a very good job in being competative this year after coming up from the A Matts. Wayne Keiley has been a big loss for them. They will obviousely look to recruit to be more successful next year.

The Roosters #1 who had the bye on the weekend will make the finals in my opinion. Though they made the GF last year they have a better team this year with the contribution from all being very good. Their bowling has been very good this year and as like Congs their batting has been good in patches. I am sure they would admit like all clubs their is still plenty of improvement.

Merry Christams to all and good luck to the WSUCCA Carnival side over the break.

Hey billy well said about all teams i thought that pretty spot on about all ur comments. Roosters 2 was not stacked it played the players that where available to play. This year lack of numbers have hurt the club with one less side at the club and where not the only club having the same problem.
St Johns not to make the finals big call i think they can...

Hey billy well said about all teams i thought that pretty spot on about all ur comments. Roosters 2 was not stacked it played the players that where available to play. This year lack of numbers have hurt the club with one less side at the club and where not the only club having the same problem.
St Johns not to make the finals big call i think they can...

half way mark of the year, good to see roosters back amoung the top half of the ladder. we know nothing achieved yet, but quietly confident we will have a massive show in the finals. st.andrews definitly the front runner. top 3 definitly set in my eyes. would take a brain explosion for them/us to change or drop out top 4.

done some sums- think st.johns will end up on 36pts absolute min, more than likely though end up on 40-44pts. kingy 38 maybe, 42 absolute max, so think st.johns have them. burnside same as kingy maybe round 40pts at absolute best 44pts and st.johns will have them aswell. WILLY CONGS only team to sqeeze out st.johns. IF congs beat melton 1st game back, they make it simple as that. if congs lose that game, they will end up on 42 points- if they win that game they end up on 46pts and pip st.johns. even 42pts will make it close but im tipping u need 44 to be safe.

just a side note moons touched on- i know on paper it looked terrible that we droped down players v caroline springs, but we were desperatly short, the next player we were using in the b matts if anyone pulled out was a 13 yr old kid whos no where near ready for the b matts yet. we just didnt have the numbers this close to xmas. tell u that young opening bowler/batsman from caroline springs vine was very impresive! only 19, will be a very good cricketer

half way mark of the year, good to see roosters back amoung the top half of the ladder. we know nothing achieved yet, but quietly confident we will have a massive show in the finals. st.andrews definitly the front runner. top 3 definitly set in my eyes. would take a brain explosion for them/us to change or drop out top 4.

done some sums- think st.johns will end up on 36pts absolute min, more than likely though end up on 40-44pts. kingy 38 maybe, 42 absolute max, so think st.johns have them. burnside same as kingy maybe round 40pts at absolute best 44pts and st.johns will have them aswell. WILLY CONGS only team to sqeeze out st.johns. IF congs beat melton 1st game back, they make it simple as that. if congs lose that game, they will end up on 42 points- if they win that game they end up on 46pts and pip st.johns. even 42pts will make it close but im tipping u need 44 to be safe.

just a side note moons touched on- i know on paper it looked terrible that we droped down players v caroline springs, but we were desperatly short, the next player we were using in the b matts if anyone pulled out was a 13 yr old kid whos no where near ready for the b matts yet. we just didnt have the numbers this close to xmas. tell u that young opening bowler/batsman from caroline springs vine was very impresive! only 19, will be a very good cricketer

To the Roosters, I apologise for questioning your selection of 6 #1 players. As Pots said on paper it looked questionable. But as you had limited numbers then I now understand.

To the Roosters, I apologise for questioning your selection of 6 #1 players. As Pots said on paper it looked questionable. But as you had limited numbers then I now understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back