Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

BigCoq;314364 said:
Biased or not the best all over ground is Altona Green. it has drought tolerant grass with a nice even cover of grass in the outfield. The wicket plays true & there are no night mares on this pitch and its an absolute credit to the amature Curators that we are providing the comp. Altona Green is a far superior pitch than any pitch that paid curator can do for this association.
i would say the only deck that could compare to Altona Green would be Pennel but the outfield is letting it down.

everyone is an expert.. wicket at angliss can't be that bad with 430+ runs made in one day on it last week..

BigCoq;314364 said:
Biased or not the best all over ground is Altona Green. it has drought tolerant grass with a nice even cover of grass in the outfield. The wicket plays true & there are no night mares on this pitch and its an absolute credit to the amature Curators that we are providing the comp. Altona Green is a far superior pitch than any pitch that paid curator can do for this association.
i would say the only deck that could compare to Altona Green would be Pennel but the outfield is letting it down.

everyone is an expert.. wicket at angliss can't be that bad with 430+ runs made in one day on it last week..

wait there;314462 said:

last time i checked everyone had the right to thier own view.....next you'll be telling us Deer Park is up to scratch!! :eek:

wait there;314462 said:

last time i checked everyone had the right to thier own view.....next you'll be telling us Deer Park is up to scratch!! :eek:

roosters hack;314571 said:

Deer Park is a disgrace,they shouldnt be playing there at all............but i dont think you guys can be to picky where you play finals, when not many sides in the comp have turf wickets at their home base............:confused:

Deer Park is a disgrace,they shouldnt be playing there at all............but i dont think you guys can be to picky where you play finals, when not many sides in the comp have turf wickets at their home base............:confused:

hussler;314668 said:

Hey Hussler in your comp what does composite mean? Does that mean half the wicket is Turf and the other half is hard wicket?

At least our grounds are not like the baseball ground you play on in Williamstown, diamond shaped boundaries.

Now once again vacate our chat site and go back to your boy comp.

hussler;314668 said:

Hey Hussler in your comp what does composite mean? Does that mean half the wicket is Turf and the other half is hard wicket?

At least our grounds are not like the baseball ground you play on in Williamstown, diamond shaped boundaries.

BigCoq;314364 said:

Hey Big Coq. MAy I take this opportunity to say , congrats on a splendid effort you have done this year in marshalling your troops, as you can only go to war with the soldiers you have.

Next year your boys will be even better with the experience under there belt.

BigCoq;314364 said:

Hey Big Coq. MAy I take this opportunity to say , congrats on a splendid effort you have done this year in marshalling your troops, as you can only go to war with the soldiers you have.

Next year your boys will be even better with the experience under there belt.

News Breaker --

Carn't believe you went and watched 8 blokes at Kingy kick a soup can around and call it training. But if thats what you call training the house down, must be a v.t.c.a. thing they brought back with them.

As for veterans being inspirational." GIVE US ALL A BREAK". Go through thier list and there ain't one veteran playing at the club with any sort of cricket ability. Probably Kingys problem at the moment. No one with any finals experiance after being pumped in v.t.c.a for the last few years, and NO juniors coming through.
Very sad to see a once strong club falling down like this. Hope they can rebuild somehow.

Also with no players coming through, you cannot be serious about promoting Kingys second side to turf. They are struggling trying to win in the B Matts.

Altona Roosters have some stock in their 2nd side and was fantastic they stood up and helped the comp out like they have but to even think about putting a struggling B Matts side in turf would be a JOKE and be embarassing for comp and club.

Caroline Springs took up the challenge this year on turf and good on them for giving thier up and commers a go on turf, although not strong enough, will be better for the comp next year hopefully.

As for wasting our time watching on sunday ""PASS""

News Breaker --

Carn't believe you went and watched 8 blokes at Kingy kick a soup can around and call it training. But if thats what you call training the house down, must be a v.t.c.a. thing they brought back with them.

As for veterans being inspirational." GIVE US ALL A BREAK". Go through thier list and there ain't one veteran playing at the club with any sort of cricket ability. Probably Kingys problem at the moment. No one with any finals experiance after being pumped in v.t.c.a for the last few years, and NO juniors coming through.
Very sad to see a once strong club falling down like this. Hope they can rebuild somehow.

Also with no players coming through, you cannot be serious about promoting Kingys second side to turf. They are struggling trying to win in the B Matts.

Altona Roosters have some stock in their 2nd side and was fantastic they stood up and helped the comp out like they have but to even think about putting a struggling B Matts side in turf would be a JOKE and be embarassing for comp and club.

Caroline Springs took up the challenge this year on turf and good on them for giving thier up and commers a go on turf, although not strong enough, will be better for the comp next year hopefully.

News Breaker;314681 said:

Composite is where our 3rds play(on turf)......... moron!!!!!!!!

Your grounds????:confused: your comp picks through our fixture to use our grounds when they are available........cos yous dont have turf wickets at your home grounds........Turf comps cant +WONT survive like that very long,but you can come play in the composite grade in our comp when it happens!!!!!!!!!:eek:

News Breaker;314681 said:

Composite is where our 3rds play(on turf)......... moron!!!!!!!!

Your grounds????:confused: your comp picks through our fixture to use our grounds when they are available........cos yous dont have turf wickets at your home grounds........Turf comps cant +WONT survive like that very long,but you can come play in the composite grade in our comp when it happens!!!!!!!!!:eek:

well last time i checked the only reason you blokes are playin at angliss on sunday is because you blokes can't get a wicket up.. and don't use the excuse that you were asked on wednesday night.. cos thats the same time that the curators at angliss got asked

well last time i checked the only reason you blokes are playin at angliss on sunday is because you blokes can't get a wicket up.. and don't use the excuse that you were asked on wednesday night.. cos thats the same time that the curators at angliss got asked

NEED FOR SPEED;315034 said:
News Breaker --

totally agree, ive said before,i think we are very very fortunate to have 2 teams this year- forunate that players like myself and jb got a taste for it last year, and players like d.clarke (16yrs old) b.potoe, his brother t.potoe (early 20's) and i definatly havent given up on azza grixti yet either (kid can play)- are getting a chance there this year. if defintly has it advantages, and in an ideal selfish world, id love for melton south to come up next year and elimante bye and us stay but ........... Anyway i think if their team is struggling in the b's it would be ridiculus to bring them up.
either way comp has to do away with this bye- too few many games in a season as it is when u always lose 1 or 2 with washouts. agree with you on caroline springs- if they keep that side together lookout- great foundation there.
roosters2 team starting to look good this week though not tipping them against a team i really rate- but funny things happen. kingy to beat burnside less than 20runs, st.andrews to beat caroline, st.johns always a challenge but im tipping our boys to win, we are defintly a new team this year. gl everyone...... except st.johns

NEED FOR SPEED;315034 said:
News Breaker --

totally agree, ive said before,i think we are very very fortunate to have 2 teams this year- forunate that players like myself and jb got a taste for it last year, and players like d.clarke (16yrs old) b.potoe, his brother t.potoe (early 20's) and i definatly havent given up on azza grixti yet either (kid can play)- are getting a chance there this year. if defintly has it advantages, and in an ideal selfish world, id love for melton south to come up next year and elimante bye and us stay but ........... Anyway i think if their team is struggling in the b's it would be ridiculus to bring them up.
either way comp has to do away with this bye- too few many games in a season as it is when u always lose 1 or 2 with washouts. agree with you on caroline springs- if they keep that side together lookout- great foundation there.
roosters2 team starting to look good this week though not tipping them against a team i really rate- but funny things happen. kingy to beat burnside less than 20runs, st.andrews to beat caroline, st.johns always a challenge but im tipping our boys to win, we are defintly a new team this year. gl everyone...... except st.johns

wait there;315138 said:

true, but the curators at angliss weren't asked wednesday night.. they were asked thursday night and will still get a wicket up..

wait there;315138 said:

true, but the curators at angliss weren't asked wednesday night.. they were asked thursday night and will still get a wicket up..

With new administrations the talk of the world at the moment. What does everyone think of the way this comp is run??????????::eek:

With new administrations the talk of the world at the moment. What does everyone think of the way this comp is run??????????::eek:

lucky;315352 said:

wouldnt matter if they started on friday nite, still crap wicket, didnt think curator wouldnt know the length of a pitch, he should start to pull his finger out and actually try, great looking square, hopeless pitches, u can connect the dots

great stuff by simmo on the weekend, his hard work is finally paying off, looking to our bowlers next week to give caroline springs some face melters

any chance that roosters 2 will knock off congs? even though its at angliss, upset of the season it would be

lucky;315352 said:

wouldnt matter if they started on friday nite, still crap wicket, didnt think curator wouldnt know the length of a pitch, he should start to pull his finger out and actually try, great looking square, hopeless pitches, u can connect the dots

great stuff by simmo on the weekend, his hard work is finally paying off, looking to our bowlers next week to give caroline springs some face melters

any chance that roosters 2 will knock off congs? even though its at angliss, upset of the season it would be

With NO clues i will say Santa!!!

Just seen the weather for the weekend. Some clubs will be disapointed if if weather predictions are correct.

Not a very good way to go into finals if you have teams in 4 under false pretenses. Thought we had finished with wet/hot/byes ect.

Might see you down the beach!!!

With NO clues i will say Santa!!!

Just seen the weather for the weekend. Some clubs will be disapointed if if weather predictions are correct.

Not a very good way to go into finals if you have teams in 4 under false pretenses. Thought we had finished with wet/hot/byes ect.

Might see you down the beach!!!

bouncer 7/56;316084 said:
Who would you suggest??

Not really sure i can only comment on the people from my club. Simon Krygger made 132, Mick O toole 53, and a host of good starts. Chris Armstrong and Simon Krygger both victims of dubious LBWS and 6 were given in the B grade Mats. Umpiring has dropped right off this season.

bouncer 7/56;316084 said:
Who would you suggest??

Not really sure i can only comment on the people from my club. Simon Krygger made 132, Mick O toole 53, and a host of good starts. Chris Armstrong and Simon Krygger both victims of dubious LBWS and 6 were given in the B grade Mats. Umpiring has dropped right off this season.

Chris Armstrong and Simon Krygger both victims of dubious LBWS and 6 were given in the B grade Mats. Umpiring has dropped right off this season.[/QUOTE]

the only reason you think they were dubious was because they were given against you club. if you were bowling they would have been good decisions.....

Chris Armstrong and Simon Krygger both victims of dubious LBWS and 6 were given in the B grade Mats. Umpiring has dropped right off this season.[/QUOTE]

the only reason you think they were dubious was because they were given against you club. if you were bowling they would have been good decisions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back