Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

well less than 24hrs to go, cant do 2 much more now. just cant wait to get out there. agree, with everyone else , how the hell can top 2 not get a home final??????????? end of day doesnt matter too much where u play. good luck to everyone. think congs and st.andrews be a awesome game, but u cant tip against st.andres can u?

i no its been brought up recent records roosters v melton, but even last years semi teams are quiet diff. all you can really go on is this years game which we lost by 16 runs. so dont think anyone are under dogs here, either way think its gona be tight, hayes and hulett are the keys, OBV in great form, but this is what u play for. good luck to everyone.... except hayes... and hulett.... and lumley. cant wish their top 3 anything sorry boys.:(:(:(, lol see you all 2moro

well less than 24hrs to go, cant do 2 much more now. just cant wait to get out there. agree, with everyone else , how the hell can top 2 not get a home final??????????? end of day doesnt matter too much where u play. good luck to everyone. think congs and st.andrews be a awesome game, but u cant tip against st.andres can u?

i no its been brought up recent records roosters v melton, but even last years semi teams are quiet diff. all you can really go on is this years game which we lost by 16 runs. so dont think anyone are under dogs here, either way think its gona be tight, hayes and hulett are the keys, OBV in great form, but this is what u play for. good luck to everyone.... except hayes... and hulett.... and lumley. cant wish their top 3 anything sorry boys.:(:(:(, lol see you all 2moro

BigCoq;332983 said:
Pots, Pots, Pots, u turn coat cant believe your coments on Turf 2....
Where the Hell would you be with out turf 2 hmmm still plying your trade in the B matts how quickly we forget where we come from.........................
its interesting to see the rats jump of a sinking ship. I dont mind we lose a couple of games and nobody wants to no us how Fickle we are. so so SAD!!!!!
I SAY THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

gee big coq, whats the problem??? cant stand someone not agreeing with you? good on you pots for seeing things for what they are and not affraid to voice your oppinion, even if it is not siding with your club 100%. now big coq, if i was pots i wouldn't be happy reading your coments. talk about turning on your own!!! calling 1 of your loyal clubman a rat, fickle and jumping off a sinking ship. i think pots's stats read for them selves this season, he would be playing in your 1s no matter what. just goes to show jim that you are a very selfish person and are more concerned about your own wants and not your clubs or the associations. all you care about is that you get a game on turf no matter what. dont care how bad you make your club look or the association and are willing to publicly berate 1 of your onw on a public forum because he is willing to voice his opinion, which is right i might add. good job by 1 of the roosters commitee member.

BigCoq;332983 said:
Pots, Pots, Pots, u turn coat cant believe your coments on Turf 2....
Where the Hell would you be with out turf 2 hmmm still plying your trade in the B matts how quickly we forget where we come from.........................
its interesting to see the rats jump of a sinking ship. I dont mind we lose a couple of games and nobody wants to no us how Fickle we are. so so SAD!!!!!
I SAY THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

gee big coq, whats the problem??? cant stand someone not agreeing with you? good on you pots for seeing things for what they are and not affraid to voice your oppinion, even if it is not siding with your club 100%. now big coq, if i was pots i wouldn't be happy reading your coments. talk about turning on your own!!! calling 1 of your loyal clubman a rat, fickle and jumping off a sinking ship. i think pots's stats read for them selves this season, he would be playing in your 1s no matter what. just goes to show jim that you are a very selfish person and are more concerned about your own wants and not your clubs or the associations. all you care about is that you get a game on turf no matter what. dont care how bad you make your club look or the association and are willing to publicly berate 1 of your onw on a public forum because he is willing to voice his opinion, which is right i might add. good job by 1 of the roosters commitee member.

finals

Interesting scores from Sat.

Turf game Saints 108 v congs 5/60 ? Wicket O.K boys. Go either way this one

Roosters 214. Good show with score on board

SOFT C--KS Melton sth club perenial finals CHOKERS have won A matts already

B matts St Johns 220 V SOFT COCKS. Take my hat off to these old fellas.Still kicking arse and playing at 50 + yrs old. INSPERATIONAL

C matts SOFT COCKS 377 V ???

Differant next year boys. Caroline springs + Burnside had enough 'BALLS' to step up and have a crack at Turf this year (without a wicket)
See how you go when all your sides move up a grade next year. SOFT C--KS.

Sorry for being a bit negative but lets be honest when a big strong club refuses to STEP UP and take a challange that would benifit club and assoc. i think you need to ask yourselves

'DO THEY GROW GOOLIES IN MELTON':confused:

Any other scores??????

finals

B matts St Johns 220 V SOFT COCKS. Take my hat off to these old fellas.Still kicking arse and playing at 50 + yrs old. INSPERATIONAL

Differant next year boys. Caroline springs + Burnside had enough 'BALLS' to step up and have a crack at Turf this year (without a wicket)

Sorry for being a bit negative but lets be honest when a big strong club refuses to STEP UP and take a challange that would benifit club and assoc. i think you need to ask yourselves

Any other scores??????

Wicket at Angliss is poor, according to both sides and St Andrews B grade 9/246 batted 72 overs and recovered from 4\58.

Wicket at Angliss is poor, according to both sides and St Andrews B grade 9/246 batted 72 overs and recovered from 4\58.

Re: finals

NEED FOR SPEED;334196 said:

Any other scores??????

16 wickets in 72 overs and you say the wicket is ok!!!!! Can't understand a comment like that. What planet are you from? :eek::eek:
Just one more point about the Turf game..... Happy you must be thinking about changing your name to LUCKY.......:p

NEED FOR SPEED;334196 said:

Any other scores??????

16 wickets in 72 overs and you say the wicket is ok!!!!! Can't understand a comment like that. What planet are you from? :eek::eek:
Just one more point about the Turf game..... Happy you must be thinking about changing your name to LUCKY.......:p

Shaved_Plums;334243 said:

Yeh 'SORRY' Plumbed One

Was not actually stating that wicket was O.K, but was asking if wicket was O.K

FORGOT TO PUT SOME OF THESE ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Shaved_Plums;334243 said:

Yeh 'SORRY' Plumbed One

Was not actually stating that wicket was O.K, but was asking if wicket was O.K

FORGOT TO PUT SOME OF THESE ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What a first day of finals we had yesterday and I am sure tomorrows action will be just as exciting.

The St Andrews v Congs game looks like being an absolute cracker of a finish. Even if one team wins on a close first innings don't discount either side getting an outright as both sides have excellent bowling attacks. Yes the pitch was very ordinary and the Association should hang their head in shame for playing at Angliss but both clubs need to get this out of their head and worry about the game at hand. Wickets and runs are more important now. Well bowled to the Congs boys and well done St Andrews on an very good fight back. Yes Happy was lucky with his run out not given out but at the end of the day Gooky said their were 2 fielders in front of him and he could not see. All I can say in conclusion is it is going to be an absolute cracker of a days cricket.

As for Melton Centrals and Altona Roosters we also have a great game on our hands. Both teams were on top during the day and Roosters have a good total to bowl at tommorow. Well batted to Deisel, Bryan and Hecke. I have to commend the Roosters for bringing in Dwayne to the side and changing a few things with your batting order. You guys had struggled in your past 3 games and needed to change a few things to reverse your form around. It may be a bit harsh for guys who have played all year and were dropped for the final but the club is always bigger than the individual and tough decisions have to be made to win a premiership. Melton Centrals are definately not out of the game as they have some good batsmen in their side. Well bowled to Thorpe and Joofa. As like the other game, this game will go down to the wire in my opinion.

P.S. - Good Luck to everyone tomorrow and well said Need for Speed in regards to those Soft Cocks down in Melton South

What a first day of finals we had yesterday and I am sure tomorrows action will be just as exciting.

The St Andrews v Congs game looks like being an absolute cracker of a finish. Even if one team wins on a close first innings don't discount either side getting an outright as both sides have excellent bowling attacks. Yes the pitch was very ordinary and the Association should hang their head in shame for playing at Angliss but both clubs need to get this out of their head and worry about the game at hand. Wickets and runs are more important now. Well bowled to the Congs boys and well done St Andrews on an very good fight back. Yes Happy was lucky with his run out not given out but at the end of the day Gooky said their were 2 fielders in front of him and he could not see. All I can say in conclusion is it is going to be an absolute cracker of a days cricket.

As for Melton Centrals and Altona Roosters we also have a great game on our hands. Both teams were on top during the day and Roosters have a good total to bowl at tommorow. Well batted to Deisel, Bryan and Hecke. I have to commend the Roosters for bringing in Dwayne to the side and changing a few things with your batting order. You guys had struggled in your past 3 games and needed to change a few things to reverse your form around. It may be a bit harsh for guys who have played all year and were dropped for the final but the club is always bigger than the individual and tough decisions have to be made to win a premiership. Melton Centrals are definately not out of the game as they have some good batsmen in their side. Well bowled to Thorpe and Joofa. As like the other game, this game will go down to the wire in my opinion.

P.S. - Good Luck to everyone tomorrow and well said Need for Speed in regards to those Soft Cocks down in Melton South

That wicket at Angliss must be bloody ordinary. Could they have played at Altona Green this weekend? It would have been fair to both sides at least in terms of noone having home ground advantage. A real shame that the Pennell outfield is as bad as it is. A shame if St Andrews lose this match as they have been the best team all year (nothing against Congs) but I guess a similar thing happened last year to the top team and we were fortunate enough to win a flag out of it.
I think Melton should have the game covered at St Pauls but it seems as though the two turf finals this year have a VERY similar ring to last year's finals.
Are we now entering the Twilight Zone???????

Good luck to all involved. Go the St John's old blokes. Hope they knock Meltdown South out!

That wicket at Angliss must be bloody ordinary. Could they have played at Altona Green this weekend? It would have been fair to both sides at least in terms of noone having home ground advantage. A real shame that the Pennell outfield is as bad as it is. A shame if St Andrews lose this match as they have been the best team all year (nothing against Congs) but I guess a similar thing happened last year to the top team and we were fortunate enough to win a flag out of it.
I think Melton should have the game covered at St Pauls but it seems as though the two turf finals this year have a VERY similar ring to last year's finals.

Good luck to all involved. Go the St John's old blokes. Hope they knock Meltdown South out!

tayls;334435 said:

Tayls

We could of used the Altona Green ground but the association didn't want to pay the $160 it cost to prepare the wicket. Personally I think Gooky is getting a bit tight in his old age. The Penell outfield has improved a fair bit in the last 4 wekks and it is no worse than what Angliss was on the weekend.

tayls;334435 said:

Tayls

We could of used the Altona Green ground but the association didn't want to pay the $160 it cost to prepare the wicket. Personally I think Gooky is getting a bit tight in his old age. The Penell outfield has improved a fair bit in the last 4 wekks and it is no worse than what Angliss was on the weekend.

ST .johns old boys are massive show to get 3 in a row! i know 2day to go 1st, but hopeforly melton south do what they normaly do and...........chock and then boys make it to the granny and go all the way.

tayls, does have a eeiry feeling with turf teams this year esp with 1 low scoring game. but just cause you dominate season doeasnt give you passage to granny, just ask port adelaide who continully coundnt stand up for a few years. that being said, st.andrews FAR from done! even if congs get runs, assuming its gona be 2 innings game. if congs dont get runs tho, very hard for them to win in 2 innings.

been up for hours, just hanging to go 2day! GO ROOSTERS

ST .johns old boys are massive show to get 3 in a row! i know 2day to go 1st, but hopeforly melton south do what they normaly do and...........chock and then boys make it to the granny and go all the way.

tayls, does have a eeiry feeling with turf teams this year esp with 1 low scoring game. but just cause you dominate season doeasnt give you passage to granny, just ask port adelaide who continully coundnt stand up for a few years. that being said, st.andrews FAR from done! even if congs get runs, assuming its gona be 2 innings game. if congs dont get runs tho, very hard for them to win in 2 innings.

Pots;334445 said:

Dont forget St andrews in the B grade if we defend 246 then we are in and we also are coming off a flag (c) last year so dont discount us either.

Pots;334445 said:

Dont forget St andrews in the B grade if we defend 246 then we are in and we also are coming off a flag (c) last year so dont discount us either.

Billy Bowden;334263 said:

your kidding yourself billy.. the wicket was fine.. it seems that you and theose blokes from st.andrews are the only one's who are worried about the wickets every week.. move on mate.. its turf cricket.. don't play if ya can't handle it

Billy Bowden;334263 said:

your kidding yourself billy.. the wicket was fine.. it seems that you and theose blokes from st.andrews are the only one's who are worried about the wickets every week.. move on mate.. its turf cricket.. don't play if ya can't handle it

I have just heard through the grapevine that 4 wickets have been dug up. Can anyone back this up? If this is true that is an absolute disgrace! If this is true, then whoever did it needs to take a GOOD HARD LOOK AT THEMSELVES.

I feel embarrassed for the person that did this and feel sorry for the association. What a shame to ruin 2 games of PARK CRICKET. What will happen? Will the turf comp be voided this season? If that is the case there are 4 teams that should feel aggrieved at the situation.

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?

I have just heard through the grapevine that 4 wickets have been dug up. Can anyone back this up? If this is true that is an absolute disgrace! If this is true, then whoever did it needs to take a GOOD HARD LOOK AT THEMSELVES.

I feel embarrassed for the person that did this and feel sorry for the association. What a shame to ruin 2 games of PARK CRICKET. What will happen? Will the turf comp be voided this season? If that is the case there are 4 teams that should feel aggrieved at the situation.

tayls;334513 said:

i can confirm that the north and south wickets at angliss have been dug up..

its a sad day when a game of cricket comes to this

tayls;334513 said:

i can confirm that the north and south wickets at angliss have been dug up..

its a sad day when a game of cricket comes to this

well whoeva did the pitchs though they were gona lose, if that's the way your club has to win a flag good on, this association and who runs it should all drop dead. **** he churchs and the old fossils that run it

well whoeva did the pitchs though they were gona lose, if that's the way your club has to win a flag good on, this association and who runs it should all drop dead. **** he churchs and the old fossils that run it

rumour has it at.Andrews did the pitchs, Goya buy a premiership bit scared to play today. Rhodesie I heard u swing a bat but u can swing a pick LOL

rumour has it at.Andrews did the pitchs, Goya buy a premiership bit scared to play today. Rhodesie I heard u swing a bat but u can swing a pick LOL

latecut99;334599 said:
hey rhodsie ur nothin without ur o'toole LOL

Today I think was probably the lowest act I have ever seen by anybody. If people take cricket this serious that they cant even handle lossing a game of cricket then im sorry but you are one sick person.
People dont deserve this and if St Andrews & Melton want to win a flag this way then they are F***** cowards.

Why dont you both agree to play the games again so the people who deserve to play in the grandfinal do. Screw the RULES

The only two teams that would benefit from this would be 1 & 2 on the ladder.
St Andrews & Melton
The only question is.... who did it????

My guess.........ST ANDREW DOGS.....

If you want to clear your names & clubs then find out who did it.
Melton dont go with easy option and play next week cause that means your just as bad as ST ANDREWS.
Congs would have made those runs with their eyes closed....and you know it!

Roosters & Congs.....HOLD YOUR HEADS UP HIGH..............

We are all feeling for you!!!!!!!!!!!

latecut99;334599 said:
hey rhodsie ur nothin without ur o'toole LOL

Today I think was probably the lowest act I have ever seen by anybody. If people take cricket this serious that they cant even handle lossing a game of cricket then im sorry but you are one sick person.
People dont deserve this and if St Andrews & Melton want to win a flag this way then they are F***** cowards.

Why dont you both agree to play the games again so the people who deserve to play in the grandfinal do. Screw the RULES

The only two teams that would benefit from this would be 1 & 2 on the ladder.
St Andrews & Melton
The only question is.... who did it????

My guess.........ST ANDREW DOGS.....

If you want to clear your names & clubs then find out who did it.
Melton dont go with easy option and play next week cause that means your just as bad as ST ANDREWS.
Congs would have made those runs with their eyes closed....and you know it!

Roosters & Congs.....HOLD YOUR HEADS UP HIGH..............

We are all feeling for you!!!!!!!!!!!

tayls;334435 said:

If your a St Johns boys I find it hard to hear this crap........

Last year your Turf was ordinary all year as well and they turned it on in the finals. They won a flag cause of it and they deserved it...fair & square!!!
No one came on hear saying that they were ordinary and Melton & Congs were the better sides all year. NO....how you play in finals does matter and should be acknowledged just as much as during the season. Just ask GU from WDCA.......heard today that they chassed down 350 with only 1 down and just scrapped in to finals.

ST Andrews have played well all year....but clearly CONGS were up for the challenge and I wasnt there but from what I have heard they were clearly the better side.
MELTON also played well this season but we also were up for the challenge on Saturday and confident we could win.

So I dont believe in this crap that its a shame if St Andrews loose.......F*** them. They just werent good enough when it mattered.

It doesnt matter anyway....cause they fixed that for everybody.

tayls;334435 said:

If your a St Johns boys I find it hard to hear this crap........

Last year your Turf was ordinary all year as well and they turned it on in the finals. They won a flag cause of it and they deserved it...fair & square!!!
No one came on hear saying that they were ordinary and Melton & Congs were the better sides all year. NO....how you play in finals does matter and should be acknowledged just as much as during the season. Just ask GU from WDCA.......heard today that they chassed down 350 with only 1 down and just scrapped in to finals.

ST Andrews have played well all year....but clearly CONGS were up for the challenge and I wasnt there but from what I have heard they were clearly the better side.
MELTON also played well this season but we also were up for the challenge on Saturday and confident we could win.

So I dont believe in this crap that its a shame if St Andrews loose.......F*** them. They just werent good enough when it mattered.

It doesnt matter anyway....cause they fixed that for everybody.

Well it hasn't taken long for accusations and finger pointing to start regarding the dug up turf pitches and I wouldn't be surprised if it continues all week. Without any proof I think it is pretty ordinary to hide behined a fake name and accuse clubs and players of doing this. My opinion is that who ever has done this is nothing more than Weak Dogs. I have only called them weak dogs because we cannot use the F & C word in this forum. Hopefully it is possible there are cameras at St Pauls and they have some sort of footage.

I personally dont believe a club has orchestrated this but it is quite possible that a couple of people have gone and done this by themselves. If we ever find out who done it then they should be banned from all cricket associations in Australia and if a club was proved to have done this then they too should be banned from ever competing in an Association in Australia.

Now we need to look at what we can do to prevent this from happening again. It is my belief that as of next year we play the semi finals and the finals on a saturday and sunday and have the association put in their annual budget to have 2 security guards sitting at the ground overnight guarding the pitch. The Association can afford to spend $10,000.00 every 2 years to participate in the Churches Cricket Carnival surely they can afford $1000 for security for 2 weekends.

As for the results of this years Semi Finals I disagree with the Associations decision to award St Andrews and Melton Centrals to go straight through to the Grand Final. I am of the belief we should start the games again and play the semi finals this saturday and sunday with the Grand Final to be played the following Saturday and Sunday. We should also hire security as well. St Andrews, Willy Congs and Altona Roosters were all willing to replay the semi finals next weekend, however Melton Centrals and in particular Joofa have refused and therefore the association have decided to apply the wet weather rules and promote the top 2 through to the Grand Final. I think it is pretty weak by Melton Centrals to refuse to restart the game.

In closing all I can say it is a sad day for the WSUCCA and it is a pitty that the winner cannot be decided on the ground.

Well it hasn't taken long for accusations and finger pointing to start regarding the dug up turf pitches and I wouldn't be surprised if it continues all week. Without any proof I think it is pretty ordinary to hide behined a fake name and accuse clubs and players of doing this. My opinion is that who ever has done this is nothing more than Weak Dogs. I have only called them weak dogs because we cannot use the F & C word in this forum. Hopefully it is possible there are cameras at St Pauls and they have some sort of footage.

I personally dont believe a club has orchestrated this but it is quite possible that a couple of people have gone and done this by themselves. If we ever find out who done it then they should be banned from all cricket associations in Australia and if a club was proved to have done this then they too should be banned from ever competing in an Association in Australia.

Now we need to look at what we can do to prevent this from happening again. It is my belief that as of next year we play the semi finals and the finals on a saturday and sunday and have the association put in their annual budget to have 2 security guards sitting at the ground overnight guarding the pitch. The Association can afford to spend $10,000.00 every 2 years to participate in the Churches Cricket Carnival surely they can afford $1000 for security for 2 weekends.

As for the results of this years Semi Finals I disagree with the Associations decision to award St Andrews and Melton Centrals to go straight through to the Grand Final. I am of the belief we should start the games again and play the semi finals this saturday and sunday with the Grand Final to be played the following Saturday and Sunday. We should also hire security as well. St Andrews, Willy Congs and Altona Roosters were all willing to replay the semi finals next weekend, however Melton Centrals and in particular Joofa have refused and therefore the association have decided to apply the wet weather rules and promote the top 2 through to the Grand Final. I think it is pretty weak by Melton Centrals to refuse to restart the game.

In closing all I can say it is a sad day for the WSUCCA and it is a pitty that the winner cannot be decided on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back