What bad politics did Ganguly create in the Indian team

gunrunner30

It is clear that Ganguly was not kicked out on the basis of cricket alone. What did he exactly do? Can we read between the lines of various reports and court-martial him once and for all.
I will start with one glaring screw-up. It is the Nagpur test with Australia, and Ganguly was surprised with the green top. What did he do? He feigned a injury and dropped out of the team. What kind of captain does that? What kind of a captian gets so engrossed in politics that he refuses to fight for his country/team?
The second one is an article by someone in the The Hindu, where the writer accuses Ganguly of showing favouritism among players and creating an environment where he is the 'office babu', on whose whims a career can be decided.

The certain "favoritism" is the reason why Yuvraj is scoring so many runs today and how we have won so many games off late. Parthiv Patel, i understand was a bad move, but with Kaif, Yuvi, and Zaheer, india were top trumps for a long time. I think the thing that got Ganguly was his ability to move out of his Comfort zone and go with a different approach to the game. He always went with the 7 batters because it helped in teh world cup. THe 5th bowler would be hit for 10 an over but gangz never accepted that there was a time for change.

[quote="Cricketman ":2zjzlaul]
The certain "favoritism" is the reason why Yuvraj is scoring so many runs today and how we have won so many games off late. Parthiv Patel, i understand was a bad move, but with Kaif, Yuvi, and Zaheer, india were top trumps for a long time. I think the thing that got Ganguly was his ability to move out of his Comfort zone and go with a different approach to the game. He always went with the 7 batters because it helped in teh world cup. THe 5th bowler would be hit for 10 an over but gangz never accepted that there was a time for change.
[/quote:2zjzlaul]

i agree with cricketman there...its because of the favouritisim people like yuvraj are stars now...and politics is something which happens often in the indian team..soon these things might happen to someone else...i dont like the head of the bcci because the bcci is turning out to be a somewhat dicator.

It is good 4 indian cricket that Gangu is no more in Indian team...

what the heck is the team doing now without ganguly?

winning at home and continuing to lose abroad (at least we havent won a test yet in the current tour of the windies and we were thrashed in the ODI's)... this was the same situation when azhar was the captain!

ganguly could at least win test abroad and he had some ODI cup victories too abroad. under him, india were an entirely different team and looked really aggressive. this current team under dravid lacks that aggression badly. dravid is too soft a captain.

playing correct cricket not always fetches success. sometimes you need to play the type of cricket thats not good but that brings you success.

Saying Ganguly would solve all our problems would be an inaccurate statement, I feel. Sure, Ganguly has done all that, but what did Ganguly do during the end of his captaincy? We weren't particularly threatening at the Asia Cup, and I'm not sure what other tours we had after that, but it was pretty abysmal stuff. The highlight in his cap in his last few months as skipper was a series victory abroad--against Zimbabwe.

Team selection continues to be an issue for us, but I think this tour of West Indies has shown that we need to develop players who get through overs quickly, can bat a bit and not really threaten the wickets. We also need to improve our fielding. These are the two aspects in which West Indies scored above us in the ODI series--their fielding was unmatched and they had Gayle, Bravo, Samuels and Bradshaw who coudl chip in with bat and ball.

The goal is the World Cup, after all. Winning is not the problem for Dravid's team, consistency is. And consisteny wasn't hte strenght of Ganguly's team, so the decision to play Ganguly can go either way, really.

Back