WHAT HAPPENED

Richie

Super Moderator
Staff member
A new game for us. You have to identify A MAJOR event that took place in the precise year mentioned. If interested please avoid typing the date in your browser unless you have a strong lead.

I will kick the first goal.

AD 79.

Last edited:
A new game for us. You have to identify A MAJOR event that took place in the precise year mentioned. If interested please avoid typing the date in your browser unless you have a strong lead.

AD 79.
Many thanks for replying to the new game Jessica. Hope you decide to play also.

AD 79.
Mount Vesuvius erupted and covered Pompeii with several meters of volcanic ash.

BINGO

Off top of head Thomas?

Your turn.
Yes, as an exception I knew it instantly. The date was refreshed by joining a ZOOM meeting not too long ago which was about Pompeii.

Let me think .
Here's something: What was happening between 14-28 October 1962?

Last edited:
Yes, as an exception I knew it instantly. The date was refreshed by joining a ZOOM meeting not too long ago which was about Pompeii.

Let me think .
Here's something: What was happening between 14-28 October 1962?
In what country.

man made or natural

Was it commercial, medical or otherwise.

Last edited:
There are probably more of these momentous events than otherwise. Perhaps use more obscure ones. And all dont have to be horrible. Such as these dual events in August 1947.
Were they political, scientific, cultural, related to sports?

Formation of the state of Israel ?

An Atomic bomb test like a hydrogen nuke?
No. These were enjoyable events not horrible for the people they displaced like your first answer. But you are on the correct path to the solution.

Last edited:
Formation of the United Nations or NATO ? ? 🤔

Independrnce for a past British colony, like India?

Back