Backyard Cricket Pitch

Re: Backyard Cricket Pitch

Wilbix are you originally from Canada? Lived there your whole life? What got you into cricket?

Fender: I have actually been thinking of a tarp - I probably have one kicking about the garage. One of the greatest things is that there is a lot of dew up there in the summer, so it's a treacherous pitch first thing in the morning. It's a good toss to win!

Warney: I am born and bred in Canada. I fell in love with cricket when I was vacationing in England during the Ashes one year, and spent most of my time in the hotel room watching.

I was planning on heading up sometime next week to check up on my baby, but it decided to snow again :( I'll keep you all posted!

Hey Wilbix, how is the pitch going? Never knew Canadians even had any idea about cricket, good work. At least up there you would have mild temperatures for your cricket season, not hiding indoors until it drops below 35 degrees (approx 95 imperial?) in the arvo like us Aussies do!

I went up last week, but forgot my camera :(

The grass that is there is nice, new, and exactly what I wanted. The only problem is that there isn't enough of it. So I overseeded and fertilised with Scott's Turf Starter. I will go again next week to have a look at what's going on, and hopefully will bring a camera to take some pics. The traditional opening weekend is 2 weekends from now, and we MAY just be able to get it prepared for then!

Are you thinking about rolling the grass with a basic piece of equipment, or are you just mowing it ultra-short?

Back