Best upcoming wicketkeeper batsman!

gaurav_indian

Wicketkeeper batsman are the necessity of each team currently.Gone are the days when wicketkeeper were doing their job behind the wickets.Now
they have to bat well in order to retain their place in the team.In the past
too there were wicketkeeper batsman but their importance have increased now a days.Keepers like Dhoni,Akmal,Gilchrist,Boucher,Jones,Mcculum,Taibu,
Sangakara all are good batsman this shows the importance of wicketkeeper
batsman.So who you think is the best upcoming wicketkeeper batsman?
I am getting a feeling that in World Cup 2007 'Man of the tournament'
could be one of the guys I have mentioned above.So what's your thought
about that?

Gilchrist is probably ahead as of this moment. However, with the start Dhoni has got to the career, he could be a close competitor. Especially if he is able to get performances abroad, as well. Boucher has always been a good bet, but he's not been that consistent in the last few months. Geraint Jones is aggressive, but bats too low. Akmal has a bright future, and could be taking over the mantle in the next generation. But now, I think it is Gilchrist vs Dhoni

Certainly Dhoni. I have a strong feeling that he is going to have an even better career than even Gilchrist.

[quote="Cricketman ":16jyodgb]
Certainly Dhoni. I have a strong feeling that he is going to have an even better career than even Gilchrist.
[/quote:16jyodgb]

Well, i can say that if Dhoni succeeds in Australia, South Africa,England or New Zealand!....

Dhoni all the way
grin.gif

Didn't Taibu retire from international cricket? The conflict in Zimbabwe ruined a lot of promising careers.

Yep, Taibu did retire, but I heard rumors that he's going to move to South Africa and might play for them.

gilchrist has stood the test of time... Dhoni still has a long way to go.. but i wil have my bets on him.. its a pleasure to watch him play all those amzing shots

Back