Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Powerbroker;181653 said:
Lets get back to talking cricket.How about we finally start on about Provincial comp instead of everyone talking about District
went to raiders training 2nite for a first this year and noticed jock mcfarland is back having a hit and there 19year old pommy they have looks very handy with the bat. a. beard was making quite a few blokes stand back and watch him bat as sum could take a leaf out of his book, but from the time i have spent wif him a few could learn bout picking up chicks the man is a hit in the nite clubs he is crickets version of dale thomas.

Powerbroker;181653 said:
Lets get back to talking cricket.How about we finally start on about Provincial comp instead of everyone talking about District
theres only one thing to talk about in regard to provincal, and that is how badly the "peterson affair" was handled. shouldnt be playing cricket this summer at the very least!

Top Pup;181656 said:
went to raiders training 2nite for a first this year and noticed jock mcfarland is back having a hit and there 19year old pommy they have looks very handy with the bat. a. beard was making quite a few blokes stand back and watch him bat as sum could take a leaf out of his book, but from the time i have spent wif him a few could learn bout picking up chicks the man is a hit in the nite clubs he is crickets version of dale thomas.

hey top pup just wondering if any of the raider boys are picking up the left overs from the young pom???so how are you hitting them??? jock back should be a bit easier for him them coaching the saints!!!!! not pressure at the raiders!!!!! so hows the looge batting!!!!:D

rangatrain;181768 said:
theres only one thing to talk about in regard to provincal, and that is how badly the "peterson affair" was handled. shouldnt be playing cricket this summer at the very least!

And possibly the fact they haven't and most likely won't embrace the new competition. They are already whinging about the travel etc

Heard Greg Daniels and Scott Vincent have both been sighted at Bunton Park and also that Dan Markham was seen at Albury,s training on Tuesday.Can anyone shed some light on these rumours being factual.

Its Honestly Middo;181178 said:
From wot i know there will only b 4 new players,myself,Jules,B.Morris and Horey.All of these blokes have been told perform or play B grade if the selectors think a player in B Grade has done enuff to warrant selection in A grade.With me everyone starts on a level playing field and earn your stripes.I think Morry and Horey went a long way 2 gaining respect from the LOCALS with thier performances on the weekend in a practice match.30 and 36 runs respectively and both fielded extremely well.Happy 2 have both on board.

how did horey field well he stayed in slips all day come on middo gotta do better than that

Powerbroker;181653 said:
i think mt beauty will go alright, afridi did too much with the pill last year for the district blokes to get the nicks that he deserved, so i think he will pick up bags of wickets this year and he hits the ball a long way and very hard, pushy will hurry quite a few of the so called gun bats up in provincal and with the truer flatter wickets to bat on think he will make a few runs with his wristy batting. i think belvoir might struggle this year from what i hear they havent picked anyone up and alot will depend on how spitta goes with both bat and ball, it will be good for there young blokes to see the lift in standard first hand, big X man will have to have a pretty big year with both bat and ball for them to make any climbs up the ladder, is the wood duck going around at tallangatta again, the loss of chessari will be to big of a hole to fill for them and another year down the bottom is on the cards. raiders with the loss of cam lodding and matty kinross cant be underestimated, cam is a good bat and can destroy bowling attacks on his day, and as much as matty kinross might be up and down, and medium pie bowler you need a bloke like him up one end so the likes of beardy can pick up the wickets cant see them in. the grand final this year but wont be too far off the mark.albury cricket club will be pretty much the same i would think, steve "fruit cake" mclennan will give his all yet again for the club, and luke restall is the best batsman in the comp if a few of the lesser lights come on they may play finals, lavington is lavington a bit like north albury will always be around the mark, can anyone tell me if jackson is going to have a hit this year, can play abit! east albury ,if it was up to me they should of been suspended with peabo,best of luck for deano at st pats on his coaching debut could sneak into the finals if big naughto bowls a little fuller, and casey smashes them everywhere, wodonga are going to stuggle but there kids are coming along great and will be a force again soon. just my thoughts on the provincal comp there POWERBROKER, we will see if i have any idea at the end of the year.

just wondering on anyones thoughts about the combined c grade comp??? i think alot of the district team will struggle against the provincial teams!!! what are the rules going to be? how many overs??non bat non bowl will that be in place?? will the provincial teams stack there one day team or will that team be there 4ths?? with so many teams what will the final system be??? it should be a big year if it goes all season??? also i see water tanks have been put at nearly every turf ground to make the season last longer what about the lower grounds lasting longer??? as we saw last season a few grounds didn't make it to xmas because of the drought!!! what will happen to these players if c grade get to dry ????:confused: :confused: :confused:

big guys don't run;181899 said:
just wondering on anyones thoughts about the combined c grade comp??? i think alot of the district team will struggle against the provincial teams!!! what are the rules going to be? how many overs??non bat non bowl will that be in place?? will the provincial teams stack there one day team or will that team be there 4ths?? with so many teams what will the final system be??? it should be a big year if it goes all season??? also i see water tanks have been put at nearly every turf ground to make the season last longer what about the lower grounds lasting longer??? as we saw last season a few grounds didn't make it to xmas because of the drought!!! what will happen to these players if c grade get to dry ????:confused: :confused: :confused:
well big guy if that happens those players should do the rite fing and go and drink green cans and watch a grade every sat as its to hot to play cricket any way. but being invovled in both comps c grades there will be a big differance in comps east alburys c grade is a good bgrade side and sum lower grades r very bad but sum clubs will hold there own maybe we could c sum record scores and plenty of tons this year in cgrade. that should make T.hunter(biddy) from raiders happy as he hasnt won any for a while.

big ego;181201 said:
nah mate, if you want news you're better off talking to src. he seems to know everything :D

Big ego you sure were one of the worst performers in driveway cricket so wat makes you so good now? your verandah cricket sucked just as as bad!! you hate the ball at the hips so much but as a bowler its an easy target!

rickta;181939 said:
Big ego you sure were one of the worst performers in driveway cricket so wat makes you so good now? your verandah cricket sucked just as as bad!! you hate the ball at the hips so much but as a bowler its an easy target!

And big hips they are

Powerbroker;181820 said:
Scott Vincent have both been sighted at Bunton Park

if he has gone whats going to happen at howlong??? how many sides if any at all??? couldn't you guys get him to dederang with all the others going over the gap???:D :D

big guys don't run;182028 said:
Powerbroker;181820 said:

if he has gone whats going to happen at howlong??? how many sides if any at all??? couldn't you guys get him to dederang with all the others going over the gap???:D :D

Spoons is probably the only one of the cricketers that has left Howlong and is still capable of playing in the prov. comp although have heard he just wants to play B grade with Masky and the boys for starters.Would have loved to have him at Dederang but I never spoke to him about it and obviosly North are happy to have him back.

Powerbroker;181820 said:

YES..what will happen to howlong if all there players dissappear..well they are doing something about it atleast, saw an ad in the border the other day advertising for senior players to go to howlong in the public notice section..whether that got any responses?confused:

Its Honestly Middo;182036 said:
Spoons is probably the only one of the cricketers that has left Howlong and is still capable of playing in the prov. comp although have heard he just wants to play B grade with Masky and the boys for starters.Would have loved to have him at Dederang but I never spoke to him about it and obviosly North are happy to have him back.
speaking of scotty vincent, i heard a rumour that his good, long time friend PETEY MACK is making a come back to the hoppers.:D :D

rangatrain;181895 said:
i think mt beauty will go alright, afridi did too much with the pill last year for the district blokes to get the nicks that he deserved, so i think he will pick up bags of wickets this year and he hits the ball a long way and very hard, pushy will hurry quite a few of the so called gun bats up in provincal and with the truer flatter wickets to bat on think he will make a few runs with his wristy batting. i think belvoir might struggle this year from what i hear they havent picked anyone up and alot will depend on how spitta goes with both bat and ball, it will be good for there young blokes to see the lift in standard first hand, big X man will have to have a pretty big year with both bat and ball for them to make any climbs up the ladder, is the wood duck going around at tallangatta again, the loss of chessari will be to big of a hole to fill for them and another year down the bottom is on the cards. raiders with the loss of cam lodding and matty kinross cant be underestimated, cam is a good bat and can destroy bowling attacks on his day, and as much as matty kinross might be up and down, and medium pie bowler you need a bloke like him up one end so the likes of beardy can pick up the wickets cant see them in. the grand final this year but wont be too far off the mark.albury cricket club will be pretty much the same i would think, steve "fruit cake" mclennan will give his all yet again for the club, and luke restall is the best batsman in the comp if a few of the lesser lights come on they may play finals, lavington is lavington a bit like north albury will always be around the mark, can anyone tell me if jackson is going to have a hit this year, can play abit! east albury ,if it was up to me they should of been suspended with peabo,best of luck for deano at st pats on his coaching debut could sneak into the finals if big naughto bowls a little fuller, and casey smashes them everywhere, wodonga are going to stuggle but there kids are coming along great and will be a force again soon. just my thoughts on the provincal comp there POWERBROKER, we will see if i have any idea at the end of the year.

have talked to spiteri and he said alot will comedown to the young blokes in the team... mallichan, lee, chitty, sariman etc. nth will be strong, albury shouldn't be underestimated either, restall will lead from the front. it'll be a very tight competition this year.

Powerbroker;181820 said:

I'm a long time reader and first time poster.
You'd have to think Howlong would be in real strife with all their departures.Also I have real concerns about a couple of other District clubs who have lost players to other teams including one new one.
As a great man once said,"It's all about the Neville".

The Reverse Sweeper;182338 said:
I'm a long time reader and first time poster.
You'd have to think Howlong would be in real strife with all their departures.Also I have real concerns about a couple of other District clubs who have lost players to other teams including one new one.
As a great man once said,"It's all about the Neville".

Have spoken to the Howlong President and he informs me that The Spiders will have enough numbers for 2 grades.He said although the quality may not be there they have a group of youngsters keen to have a crack at A Grade which will only benefit the club in the long run.It is only through the hard work of the commitee that the club has been able to field 2 teams and I wish them all the best for the coming season.Not in round 1 though.HAHA

the fridge;182215 said:
have talked to spiteri and he said alot will comedown to the young blokes in the team... mallichan, lee, chitty, sariman etc.
Good luck to the Eagles but appointing a 19 year old as captain in the prov. comp is a bit ridiculous. This isn't a bush comp they are playing in and i wouldn't be surprised if Spiteri and Grub Evans (if he plays A grade) "assist" him with the captaincy role.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back