Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

RUNOUT;182411 said:
Good luck to the Eagles but appointing a 19 year old as captain in the prov. comp is a bit ridiculous. This isn't a bush comp they are playing in and i wouldn't be surprised if Spiteri and Grub Evans (if he plays A grade) "assist" him with the captaincy role.;)[/QUOT
you have to start somewhere as a captain, and josh has been captaining sides all through his juniors including rep sides so i dont think he will have to much trouble. he is well respected in the club as well as outside it, good luck to him.@|

RUNOUT;182411 said:
Good luck to the Eagles but appointing a 19 year old as captain in the prov. comp is a bit ridiculous. This isn't a bush comp they are playing in and i wouldn't be surprised if Spiteri and Grub Evans (if he plays A grade) "assist" him with the captaincy role.;)

I hear Grub is only playing B grade and will look after the young blokes there very well.Leeba should do a good job as skipper as long as he is guided a little bit by Spitta and The X Box.I believe they will struggle in the Prov.comp unless they can pull a couple of late recruits out of the hat but at least the club had the BALLS to go up not like last years premiers.

Powerbroker;182626 said:
I hear Grub is only playing B grade and will look after the young blokes there very well.Leeba should do a good job as skipper as long as he is guided a little bit by Spitta and The X Box.I believe they will struggle in the Prov.comp unless they can pull a couple of late recruits out of the hat but at least the club had the BALLS to go up not like last years premiers.
speaking of yack and there decision not to go up which i think is bulls##t what does everyone else think. my thoughts are if you win it you automatically go up! think it was pretty weak by them not to take it on.|@

rangatrain;182633 said:
speaking of yack and there decision not to go up which i think is bulls##t what does everyone else think. my thoughts are if you win it you automatically go up! think it was pretty weak by them not to take it on.|@

I dont think the whole blame can go to Yackandandah.When you get an option to either accept or decline promotion then what is the point of having it in the first place.Why not make it a compulsory relegation and if any sides want to go up then make a written submission to the board and the 2 sides that have finished higher on the District ladder that put in a submission go up provided your club has the right structure.On another topic I hear North Albury have signed Dan Markham for this season.That would only have to shorten the odds on the Hoppers winning the flag yet again.East and Lavvy are always thereabouts but I reckon the big improver will be Tallangatta.

Powerbroker;181653 said:
Lets get back to talking cricket.How about we finally start on about Provincial comp instead of everyone talking about District

Na lets stay on District! clearly all the class players are still in the District teams after reading some of the posts on here... How does everyone c the games shaping up this weekend?, both A & B grade. We will finally c how Dederang will go against Middo's old club, will they meet all the talked about expectations? Has Middo taught them to cricket???

UTeachMe2Cricket?;182868 said:
Na lets stay on District! clearly all the class players are still in the District teams after reading some of the posts on here... How does everyone c the games shaping up this weekend?, both A & B grade. We will finally c how Dederang will go against Middo's old club, will they meet all the talked about expectations? Has Middo taught them to cricket???

Its pretty hard to teach a bunch of naturally gifted players but that is the challenge I have taken on.Only time will tell if I can teach them anything but hopefully every player on the list will learn something as the year goes on.I know I have already learnt something while I have been there.It may be that you can teach an old dog new tricks and im certainly looking forward to the challenge ahead of me and so are the other players at the club.As long as 11 players contribute each week then I can gaurantee we will win more games than we lose.I would really like to teachu2moveyourfeet while batting but I think I will leave that to my assistant coach.

caw mascot;181041 said:
how many years has carl been at the dogs would have to be at least 5 or 6 years?

not sure how long carl has played but i assume its longer having come through the juinor ranks

Interesting to read the teams in the paper as it looks like there are a lot of unavailabilities this week.
It's lucky C grade isn't starting.:D

this joint has gone to the ********. people talking to themselves and ansewring there own questions wif another name and talking themselves up cause any player thats any good is not on this site. use say lets talk proviancal and everytime sumone asks a question use all rave on bout dedarang well theres going to be some upset people once the season gets going. keep talking yaselfs up bullioh.
i got use at $1.10 to win the flag cause i no how good use r ive heard it for so long dont choke firm favs.

Top Pup;183030 said:
this joint has gone to the ********. people talking to themselves and ansewring there own questions wif another name and talking themselves up cause any player thats any good is not on this site. use say lets talk proviancal and everytime sumone asks a question use all rave on bout dedarang well theres going to be some upset people once the season gets going. keep talking yaselfs up bullioh.
i got use at $1.10 to win the flag cause i no how good use r ive heard it for so long dont choke firm favs.

It's great to have you back in the country,Chandana.:D

whats the news on pebo? i see he wasn't named for east albury this week? just looking at wodongas team... who's going to bowl all the overs??! they have alot of good bats coming up but with collishaw and keneddy missing, dont see much of an attack...:confused:

rangatrain;182633 said:

yack are weak and they may have realised that they cheated to make the grand final and never should of been there when they produced at wet wicket against a barny/chiltern full of geriatrics in the semi on there home ground and time was lost due to a very wet wicket when less than 10mm of rain fell and all other games started on time. the game resulted in a draw when barny/chiltern was sent in by there weak captain and battled to 180 on the wet wicket while the "mighty" yack boys batted on a drier wicket the following day and made were about 8/60 from about 50 overs if i remember correctly.

Top Pup;183030 said:

$1.10 might be a bit short I reckon.If Dederang is $1.10 favs what are North Albury at?What about Yack and Barny who seem to have kept the nucleus of their teams from last year.Just wondering Top Pup if you are playing in the ones or b grade.With the side Raiders have named I wouldnt be suprised to see them again challenge for the flag.

The Reverse Sweeper;183036 said:
It's great to have you back in the country,Chandana.:D
I think Mt Beauty should top up with probably another 7 or 8 imports.:rolleyes: Obviously they don't think they have enough local talent to compete in div. 1, it is a bit of a joke really and the best part is they still haven't been able to win a flag. One import is good for a country cricket club especially if they can assist their juniors but when they are taking up spots for locals i don't think it's on. About time the competition put their foot down on imports with a quota of one per team. Maybe Howlong, with all the money they reportedly have should pick up a couple. Around 11 would do it!:D

Top Pup;183030 said:

hey top pup you are right.this thread is out of control...... blokes who talk to themselves and answer all the hard question:D so a few surpises at raiders with so many out ...will x box last the season in the ones???? the biggest one was inzy in the ones i thought he was a 2nds player at best??? warriors b grade looks really strong and playing ded(toot ********ing toot)erang first up will be a challange!!all the best warriors:cool: :cool: all the best to all clubs and may cricket be the winner and not your wallets...

big guys don't run;183079 said:
hey top pup you are right.this thread is out of control...... blokes who talk to themselves and answer all the hard question:D so a few surpises at raiders with so many out ...will x box last the season in the ones???? the biggest one was inzy in the ones i thought he was a 2nds player at best??? warriors b grade looks really strong and playing ded(toot ********ing toot)erang first up will be a challange!!all the best warriors:cool: :cool: all the best to all clubs and may cricket be the winner and not your wallets...

West Wodonga do look to have named a very good side and it will be a challenge for Marto and the young guys he has in his side.Obviously like most sides we have a number of players unavailable for the early games.It is good that no clubs have had to forfeit in round one.Good luck to all players this weekend and hope all cricket is played in the Spirit of The Game.My wallet will never be the winner but apparently Chubb Security will be at all Dederang games.May even try to get them on board as a sponsor.lol.

its still not the same side without there how would u say it there leader warren there so i think they will struggle but we will just see how they go ay hopefull shaun harry and the younger blokes there can fire heard from a source that there looking to take back wat was theres in the first place josh marmo. he played all of his juniors there and they put all the time into him but he left them. there not without a chance to get him back

ranga legend;183479 said:
its still not the same side without there how would u say it there leader warren there so i think they will struggle but we will just see how they go ay hopefull shaun harry and the younger blokes there can fire heard from a source that there looking to take back wat was theres in the first place josh marmo. he played all of his juniors there and they put all the time into him but he left them. there not without a chance to get him back

it would be great to have marmo back at the warriors...the keepers aren't spring chickens!!!!!!!! if day plays for tootville would there be a spot for marmo behind the stumps??? as for warren he is doing his best to be able to play and even as a batsman he would be a huge asset to the warriors. warriors do have a few x factors so anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back