Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

big guys don't run;183483 said:
it would be great to have marmo back at the warriors...the keepers aren't spring chickens!!!!!!!! if day plays for tootville would there be a spot for marmo behind the stumps??? as for warren he is doing his best to be able to play and even as a batsman he would be a huge asset to the warriors. warriors do have a few x factors so anything is possible.
there is a spot for josh behind the stumps and at the top of the order, he left warriors in a bit of disgrace after a very bad show of judgement by himself, and the warriors werent real fussed about him going then, so there is no point crying over spilt milk there big guy.

rangatrain;183496 said:
there is a spot for josh behind the stumps and at the top of the order, he left warriors in a bit of disgrace after a very bad show of judgement by himself, and the warriors werent real fussed about him going then, so there is no point crying over spilt milk there big guy.

im with you train, josh will stay with the rangas... he has some good mates out there and seems to be enjoying himself. the only thing he needs to do is go to every training and apply himself. he has the talent to be one of the best bats in the comp@| @|

stonewall;183049 said:
yack are weak and they may have realised that they cheated to make the grand final and never should of been there when they produced at wet wicket against a barny/chiltern full of geriatrics in the semi on there home ground and time was lost due to a very wet wicket when less than 10mm of rain fell and all other games started on time. the game resulted in a draw when barny/chiltern was sent in by there weak captain and battled to 180 on the wet wicket while the "mighty" yack boys batted on a drier wicket the following day and made were about 8/60 from about 50 overs if i remember correctly.

guessing your not a fan of the mighty yack? haha... the miners were stooged in the semi but yack showed why they were the top team all year with their win the the grand final

RUNOUT;183077 said:
I think Mt Beauty should top up with probably another 7 or 8 imports.:rolleyes: Obviously they don't think they have enough local talent to compete in div. 1, it is a bit of a joke really and the best part is they still haven't been able to win a flag. One import is good for a country cricket club especially if they can assist their juniors but when they are taking up spots for locals i don't think it's on. About time the competition put their foot down on imports with a quota of one per team. Maybe Howlong, with all the money they reportedly have should pick up a couple. Around 11 would do it!:D

i agree... its not good for the club in the long run. didn't there used to be a rule that a team could only have one import?

RUNOUT;182411 said:
Good luck to the Eagles but appointing a 19 year old as captain in the prov. comp is a bit ridiculous. This isn't a bush comp they are playing in and i wouldn't be surprised if Spiteri and Grub Evans (if he plays A grade) "assist" him with the captaincy role.;)

a good start to leebas captaincy on the weekend... we'll see how they go on the feilding side of things....????

it would be great to have marmo back at the warriors...the keepers aren't spring chickens!!!!!!!! if day plays for tootville would there be a spot for marmo behind the stumps??? as for warren he is doing his best to be able to play and even as a batsman he would be a huge asset to the warriors. warriors do have a few x factors so anything is possible.

Cant see Momo going back to warriors while they only have a B Grade side.I wouldnt think th e North East Knights would would want a B Grade cricketer in their side.Also cant see a problem with Jules cause things arent looking good with his contract dispute.Momo did a great job on the weekend and I am really looking forward to watching him bat this weekend.

I can't see that happening this year BGDR but if your blokes can get it together next year and field an A grade side why wouldn't he be a chance? The 'rang guys can say all they want about Jules and Josh being in the same side but at the end of the day they are both keepers who take the role seriously. Marmo might even bypass District clubs next year and get a gig at a Provincial club looking for a good keeper eg. North Albury or Raiders. Read the article in the paper about you guys on Saturday, do you think you can a get an A grade side up next year? I see there are still a lot of familiar names still running around for you guys surely 5 or 6 recruits and a coach would be all you needed to get you back up into A grade ranks?

Read the article in the paper about you guys on Saturday, do you think you can a get an A grade side up next year? I see there are still a lot of familiar names still running around for you guys surely 5 or 6 recruits and a coach would be all you needed to get you back up into A grade ranks?[/QUOTE]

yes it did say we have a few older guys.we would have to recruit really well and if thats getting you a great coach with contacts so be it.the b grade side is full of players who have been at the club a long time. the season will tell where we are at???? alot of promises have been made by councils and players time and time again but that seems to be the story every winter!!!!!! the club is very strong of the field.

with marmo thing he is getting older and should be getting smarter and should make a smart decision himself.the day saga is a joke.a contract is stopping a guy playing cricket.it's only country cricket and not the world cup!!!!! let him play baranduda let him play where he wants to!!!!!!

i dnt think josh will still be at the club much longer doesnt like wats happening if i was u middo i would be having a chat to him b4 its too late

ranga legend;183732 said:
i dnt think josh will still be at the club much longer doesnt like wats happening if i was u middo i would be having a chat to him b4 its too late

Marmo does say alot but i dnt think he will leave dederang with such a strong side this year. After the performance on the weekend Middo has certainly teachedthem2bowl! With Scott Bartel and recruit of the year Sott goodwin being cleared from Kiewa im sure Marmo will enjoy his time out there this year.

the fridge;183553 said:
a good start to leebas captaincy on the weekend... we'll see how they go on the feilding side of things....????
Great to see a couple of old WDCA clubs stick it up some of the old ABCA clubs at the weekend.@| I used to play in both comps and the ABCA guys always payed out on the Wodonga comp. In saying that the standard must have dropped since the merger with a 48 year old making 86 and Dave Castello opening the bowling (no disrespect intended Dave). I couldn't see a bloke that age making 86 against quality attacks in the 1990's (Wood, S and R. Williamson or Ando, Middo, Elliot and Kelvin Williams).

ranga legend;183732 said:

Have talked to momo on a regular basis since signing on as coach.I think the guy deserves to know what is going on and what will happen if Julian does get cleared.One thing is for sure if he doesnt want to be at Dederang then we would clear him to wherever he wants to go.After all you dont want to see Quality cricketers not playing.Hopefullt after tommorow night we will have a clearer indication of where we stand with julians clearance.

um well i heard that he has been talking to a few clubs but doesnt wana leave the hill boys coz they are close mates well i would like to see him try it in the prov league to see how he would go does any1 else agree? how do u think he would go?

UTeachMe2Cricket?;183739 said:
Marmo does say alot but i dnt think he will leave dederang with such a strong side this year. After the performance on the weekend Middo has certainly teachedthem2bowl! With Scott Bartel and recruit of the year Sott goodwin being cleared from Kiewa im sure Marmo will enjoy his time out there this year.

what do u mean marmo says alot explain..... i dnt think that he will be there any longer than he has to be so wouldnt be surprised if he has left the ranga train by chrissy lol i think if the rangas actually sat down and talked to marmo they would kno that his not happy with them and that if they dnt change things quickly they might be signing a clearance form

just noticed the c grade draw.what a draw!!!!!! 20 teams.just a few questions for caw.first one if a district b grade side forfiet( wodonga v east albury this round) can they field a one day side for 2 weeks???? Caw should have spilt c grade into to section that way clubs with 2 teams are split up.that way you will play each team twice.....i thought the idea was that if you had 4 teams one would be in b grade district ???? maybe after this season caw will sit down and even things out .....

ranga legend;183799 said:
what do u mean marmo says alot explain..... i dnt think that he will be there any longer than he has to be so wouldnt be surprised if he has left the ranga train by chrissy lol i think if the rangas actually sat down and talked to marmo they would kno that his not happy with them and that if they dnt change things quickly they might be signing a clearance form

and how do you know he's not happy where he is? your obviously not from the rangas as your name suggests cause everyone i've talked to from the dederang cricket club thinks he'll be staying all year and he's happy with club on a whole

hey ranga legend how's marmo going to go this week?????? c'grade is starting this week.wonder how the warriors will handle lavi....they might have a few surpises in stock for them:cool: :cool: dederang by how much against along:confused: :confused:

big guys don't run;184349 said:
hey ranga legend how's marmo going to go this week?????? c'grade is starting this week.wonder how the warriors will handle lavi....they might have a few surpises in stock for them:cool: :cool: dederang by how much against along:confused: :confused:

We will have to apply ourselves with the bat as much as the Howlong boys did last week to get the further 140 odd we need.This target will be achieved only if we bat sensibly and not throw our wickets away.Will be interesting to see how Horey goes against his club from last season.Surely there will be a bit of chat at the BIG fella but hopefully he doesnt get sucked in to the banter.As for Momo he trained Tuesday but was a no show again on Thursday night.Im looking forward to watching him bat on the weekend though as the young fella can bat a bit.Hopefully he gets amongst them.

straight from the top well done to morry 4 scoring a great ton and well marmo did alright himself scoring 75 and should of been a ton but oh well how big was the opening stand well done to cheesey scoring a 50 on debut great effort. how do u think the boys went middo

ranga legend;184490 said:
straight from the top well done to morry 4 scoring a great ton and well marmo did alright himself scoring 75 and should of been a ton but oh well how big was the opening stand well done to cheesey scoring a 50 on debut great effort. how do u think the boys went middo

happy to get a win on the board early and also to get rid of the cobwebs.Mozz and Momo batted superbly together and the concentration shown by both guys was fantastic.Momo probably threw away a ton in the end but I was rapt with his performance.Mozz I believe only went out because he got tired and tried to hit one to Corowa.Horey also batted well,Scheet Dog a half ton also and the Cheese man well what can you say.50 on debut in A grade is a great effort and justified his selection in the team.I think at selection this week we may take a bit longer than normal due to the fact that I believe everyone is available this game.Watch this space for another quality recruit in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back