Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Its Honestly Middo;192135 said:
The structure of The Border Express cup is dramatically flawed.
All prov teams get a home game apart from Mt.B and Bel.
All the association are doing is giving prizemoney to a club that doesnt need it.
Why not play 2 divisions and give some prizemoney to both divs.,

I dunno about being flawed, but it was always going to be difficult in its structure in its first year. I would have thought that there is scope for possibly 2 divisions of it next year.

What i would like to see is an FA Cup type 20/20 competition through January with all sides in CAW, as well as neighbouring leagues, competing in a random draw. The semi finals & final could be played on January 27 at LPO, final under lights, as a festival of cricket type weekend, with the Border Express Cup to be played the next day. Just a thought, but it seems to me that there is still yet any promotional advancement of cricket since the merging of the two associations, with the exception of the 20/20 Border Bash, when ideas like this should be pretty simple to implement.

Thoughts anyone...?

KokodaMidget;192237 said:
I dunno about being flawed, but it was always going to be difficult in its structure in its first year. I would have thought that there is scope for possibly 2 divisions of it next year.

What i would like to see is an FA Cup type 20/20 competition through January with all sides in CAW, as well as neighbouring leagues, competing in a random draw. The semi finals & final could be played on January 27 at LPO, final under lights, as a festival of cricket type weekend, with the Border Express Cup to be played the next day. Just a thought, but it seems to me that there is still yet any promotional advancement of cricket since the merging of the two associations, with the exception of the 20/20 Border Bash, when ideas like this should be pretty simple to implement.

Thoughts anyone...?

All good points Kokoda and your right it's about time CAW had a crack and promote the game by trying something different.Why not have a Wednesday night twilight 20/20 comp and try and promote it to get the kids along to watch.
Rep cricket has almost got to the joke stage where players with no form can not only get a regular gig but even lead some teams.Get fair dinkum or don't worry about it.Anyone doubting this have a look at some of the rep sides that played for the ABCA in Joe's new book and compare them to what CAW send out now.Sorry District guys no offence to you but Provincial guys make yourself available and get some selectors together who watch some cricket rather than picking 12 guys who who can play on a Sunday.

I think you'll find the best players are invited to play rep but many can't afford the time due to family or work commitments or they just arn't interested. Probably fair enough as not many other halves are too happy about a whole weekend of cricket! I would think it's the same for all associations. A bit different to the good ol' days of weekends off in Joe's day and when the top players didn't head off to the big smoke. Also, there always seems to be a few last minute drop outs/injuries so good on the guys who put their hand up to give it a go.

...;192471 said:
I think you'll find the best players are invited to play rep but many can't afford the time due to family or work commitments or they just arn't interested. Probably fair enough as not many other halves are too happy about a whole weekend of cricket! I would think it's the same for all associations. A bit different to the good ol' days of weekends off in Joe's day and when the top players didn't head off to the big smoke. Also, there always seems to be a few last minute drop outs/injuries so good on the guys who put their hand up to give it a go.

Of the two teams picked for last sunday, only 3 of the 24 players picked were district players.. all in decent enough form too. its good to see the young colts having a win, hopefully the future of the comp can match it with the old blokes in the next match....

geeeeeee not much going on's here lately...so how did baranduda treat day on sunday???? dederang look home and hosed..... but who know one thing that you can't predict cricket and you never will. the colts v caw game will be a good........one.........

big guys don't run;193354 said:
geeeeeee not much going on's here lately...so how did baranduda treat day on sunday???? dederang look home and hosed..... but who know one thing that you can't predict cricket and you never will. the colts v caw game will be a good........one.........

Jules did cop a little bit in the short time he was out there batting but took it the right way and didnt let it bother him.We were a little bit surprised to see how slowly the Rangers batted but after the first 6 overs we bowled and fielded to the plan that we had put in place.As BGDR says cricket is a funny game though and anything could happen.
Hopefully we can get the runs without the loss of too many wickets and you never know what will happen after that.

what do the warriors and tootville have in common??????

both won outright.....well done warriors in wazza's farewell game.who fill his shoes is the next question???? hey middo i did say cricket is a funny game!!!!look out raiders c grade next week we are coming your way!!! it maybe a victory for us !!!!hows the kizzle going??? i heard he cant play due to his new job....as the paparazzi stalking raiders a'grade:eek: :eek:

big guys don't run;194420 said:
what do the warriors and tootville have in common??????

both won outright.....well done warriors in wazza's farewell game.who fill his shoes is the next question???? hey middo i did say cricket is a funny game!!!!look out raiders c grade next week we are coming your way!!! it maybe a victory for us !!!!hows the kizzle going??? i heard he cant play due to his new job....as the paparazzi stalking raiders a'grade:eek: :eek:

Yes BGDR it is a funny game alright.
Funny as ******** that we rolled Baranduda and ********ed em up the arse like a bunch of old chooks.
Hope they dont seriously think they are contenders for the flag as they are just a rabble at the moment.
Micheal will have them working hard on the track this week but for the younger guys such a demorilising defeat may take time to get over.
Good luck to Wazz on his newest life adventure.Hope all goes well for you mate.
Have been told he will be flying home to play finals though.
Can anyone confirm this rumour for me

Its Honestly Middo;194500 said:
Yes BGDR it is a funny game alright.
Funny as ******** that we rolled Baranduda and ********ed em up the arse like a bunch of old chooks.
Hope they dont seriously think they are contenders for the flag as they are just a rabble at the moment.
Micheal will have them working hard on the track this week but for the younger guys such a demorilising defeat may take time to get over.
Good luck to Wazz on his newest life adventure.Hope all goes well for you mate.
Have been told he will be flying home to play finals though.
Can anyone confirm this rumour for me

back on baranduda.on told that the coach made all the players train in there pads.the reason was to see how it felt to have them on longer then an over.i have noticed a few players for them dropping back the grades.as usual they can't handle the heat.
so barny are on top but what will happen after xmas when dools leaves???will they be flying him home for finals????I'm not to sure on wazza flying home but i am sure of one thing he received before he left.he was presented with life membership.he has been part of the club for over 15 years.thats what you call loyal:) :) so middo who's your next in your sights !!!!!

big guys don't run;194888 said:
back on baranduda.on told that the coach made all the players train in there pads.the reason was to see how it felt to have them on longer then an over.i have noticed a few players for them dropping back the grades.as usual they can't handle the heat.
so barny are on top but what will happen after xmas when dools leaves???will they be flying him home for finals????I'm not to sure on wazza flying home but i am sure of one thing he received before he left.he was presented with life membership.he has been part of the club for over 15 years.thats what you call loyal:) :) so middo who's your next in your sights !!!!!

Next in my sights for what big guy

Its Honestly Middo;194969 said:
Next in my sights for what big guy

sorry middo i meant which team are you planning to beat as you guys work your way up the ladder??? i see your c grade is going along nicely!!!! @|

big guys don't run;194992 said:
sorry middo i meant which team are you planning to beat as you guys work your way up the ladder??? i see your c grade is going along nicely!!!! @|

One week at a time BGDR.
Kiewa although a low position on the ladder should give us a good contest this game.
B Grade got back into the top four last game and Roosters C boys are going along nicely,undefeated at this stage of the season.
Part of my plan for this season was to have all grades play finals so we are well on the way to achieving that goal.@| @| @|

Its Honestly Middo;195169 said:
One week at a time BGDR.
Kiewa although a low position on the ladder should give us a good contest this game.
B Grade got back into the top four last game and Roosters C boys are going along nicely,undefeated at this stage of the season.
Part of my plan for this season was to have all grades play finals so we are well on the way to achieving that goal.@| @| @|

With the talent at your disposal Middo, anything less than full finals participation would be an abject failure. If you don't come home with the chocolates come March in A grade, that would be a massive let down after the recruiting & planning that went into the year, especially after the club was close to folding in August......

KokodaMidget;195293 said:
With the talent at your disposal Middo, anything less than full finals participation would be an abject failure. If you don't come home with the chocolates come March in A grade, that would be a massive let down after the recruiting & planning that went into the year, especially after the club was close to folding in August......
what do you mean the club was close to folding?

Strong mail filtering down from the mountain ranges that one of the provincial sides from outside Albury/Wodonga has taken the step of sacking their coach....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back