Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

KokodaMidget;195748 said:
Strong mail filtering down from the mountain ranges that one of the provincial sides from outside Albury/Wodonga has taken the step of sacking their coach....

do believe its true so the rumours go, was to hard on the young blokes from all accounts.

rangatrain;195779 said:
do believe its true so the rumours go, was to hard on the young blokes from all accounts.

Their next coach may have to also be proficient in about a dozen languages...isn't there some rule that limits the amount of imports any one side can field.....?

KokodaMidget;195782 said:
Their next coach may have to also be proficient in about a dozen languages...isn't there some rule that limits the amount of imports any one side can field.....?

He might bob up somewhere else though as he appears to be going great guns up there having Mt.Beauty banging on the door of the finals.
One win against next year's District new club Wodonga and they are going to take the comp apart.

good to see this thread alive...just wondering if the border knew any of this before todays big spread????? just wondering where some of the past names on this site have gone???? caw mascot(horey's best mate),the fridge, rangalegend.....oh thats right he's probably finished school this year.....lets keep it alive and remember the provincal side don't seem to say alot as they get everything they need and want....umpires for a starter!!!!!!! best of luck to all sides this week!!!!!!

big guys don't run;195822 said:
good to see this thread alive...just wondering if the border knew any of this before todays big spread????? just wondering where some of the past names on this site have gone???? caw mascot(horey's best mate),the fridge, rangalegend.....oh thats right he's probably finished school this year.....lets keep it alive and remember the provincal side don't seem to say alot as they get everything they need and want....umpires for a starter!!!!!!! best of luck to all sides this week!!!!!!

Border Mail recieved an anonymous phone call at 11pm Thursday night but it was too late to print for Fridays paper.
Another interesting thing to occur this weekend was Raiders pom playing B grade.
I wonder if this is going to be another case of an overseas recruit struggling to cope with our wickets.
Anyone enlighten me on this selection@| @| @|

Its Honestly Middo;196130 said:
Border Mail recieved an anonymous phone call at 11pm Thursday night but it was too late to print for Fridays paper.
Another interesting thing to occur this weekend was Raiders pom playing B grade.
I wonder if this is going to be another case of an overseas recruit struggling to cope with our wickets.

Pretty sure its cos he plays like a millionaire but has the runs total of a pauper!!!

Its Honestly Middo;196130 said:

heard the pom(just remember he's only a young) likes 3 things in life,,,,,,1,,pints...2.....beaver......3...cricket.it could be in that order but not sure.they aren't paying him i was told so it ain't a waste of money.so middo after the anonymous call did any one else offer there services down the road???? so hows toot toot looking this week???

big guys don't run;196447 said:
heard the pom(just remember he's only a young) likes 3 things in life,,,,,,1,,pints...2.....beaver......3...cricket.it could be in that order but not sure.they aren't paying him i was told so it ain't a waste of money.so middo after the anonymous call did any one else offer there services down the road???? so hows toot toot looking this week???

In a real battle with the Kiewa boys this weekend with another 66 runs to get past thier first innings total.
I am confident that we have the batters left to pass the total and u never no after that.
Would be happy to have a player of Brad,s quality at Dederang but from what I believe Mt.Beauty are trying to convince him to continue as a player.@| @|

Its Honestly Middo;196926 said:
In a real battle with the Kiewa boys this weekend with another 66 runs to get past thier first innings total.
I am confident that we have the batters left to pass the total and u never no after that.
Would be happy to have a player of Brad,s quality at Dederang but from what I believe Mt.Beauty are trying to convince him to continue as a player.@| @|

Few doubts must still exist in your line up if you are still looking to add to it!!!
What battle with Kiewa do you have, whether or not you will win outright before tea, or just after tea...?

So BGDR are our teams playing for the Paul Hore Cup tomorrow or what?
I have mentioned this to him and he thinks its a bit of a laugh.
Had to call in the big guns this week to play u guys.
You probably noticed former Howlong captain Dave Hansen has signed with us so beware The Orange Roughy with both bat and ball.@| @| @| @|

Its Honestly Middo;194500 said:
Yes BGDR it is a funny game alright.
Funny as ******** that we rolled Baranduda and ********ed em up the arse like a bunch of old chooks.
Hope they dont seriously think they are contenders for the flag as they are just a rabble at the moment.
Micheal will have them working hard on the track this week but for the younger guys such a demorilising defeat may take time to get over.
Good luck to Wazz on his newest life adventure.Hope all goes well for you mate.
Have been told he will be flying home to play finals though.
Can anyone confirm this rumour for me

There is a rumour on Waz being back for finals... I hear he has found a club to play with up North so it wil depend on his commitments up there and also whether he can be slotted back into a very powerful Warriors lineup.

Its Honestly Middo;197397 said:
So BGDR are our teams playing for the Paul Hore Cup tomorrow or what?
I have mentioned this to him and he thinks its a bit of a laugh.
Had to call in the big guns this week to play u guys.
You probably noticed former Howlong captain Dave Hansen has signed with us so beware The Orange Roughy with both bat and ball.@| @| @| @|

well you guys get the first paul hore cup!!!!! we are looking for the big at the end of the year...yes we get flogged but we did have very limited numbers with 6 guys out.....plus one silly old fool who can't catch and didn't bat. well i can't see dave hansen playing c grade after xmas. batted really well and straight.dederang do have a strong c grade batting line up but bowling can let them down a bit. so its fatman season and see you all in few weeks.go warriors.....

hey men,
just want to no.who really gives a ******** about this second division crap. its like watching a bunch of monkeys play, its a joke. go and watch a provicial game and see how you jokers go then.
THE CHIEF

the chief;198180 said:
hey men,
just want to no.who really gives a ******** about this second division crap. its like watching a bunch of monkeys play, its a joke. go and watch a provicial game and see how you jokers go then.
THE CHIEF

Welcome to The Chief,
Have watched a couple of prov.teams play this season and I think a few of The district sides could beat a couple of them.
Big name players who couldnt hit s@#t of a shovel and couldnt bowl out a kid in the dark.
Will be interesting at the end of the season when one of the former powerhouse clubs come back and play against district teams next season on slower outfields and wickets that are prepared by volunteers and not guys with years of experience looking after turf.
Hopefully you are one of these players Chief.
Just wondering is Chief short for Chief Mast@#b8er.:D :D

Its Honestly Middo;198226 said:
Welcome to The Chief,
Have watched a couple of prov.teams play this season and I think a few of The district sides could beat a couple of them.
Big name players who couldnt hit s@#t of a shovel and couldnt bowl out a kid in the dark.
Will be interesting at the end of the season when one of the former powerhouse clubs come back and play against district teams next season on slower outfields and wickets that are prepared by volunteers and not guys with years of experience looking after turf.
Hopefully you are one of these players Chief.
Just wondering is Chief short for Chief Mast@#b8er.:D :D

good call middo, this bloke sounds like a bit of a c@#k!

ranga train obvousily has had his head up a cows arse for a while not to no the difference between the 2 divisions.not one side from that so called division 2, would finish in provicial top 6, its a ******** bush comp, hume league sides would do a hell of alot better in your ******** comp.theres no point in whinging about the wickets, no club in both divisions have fulltime curators, so stop tring to defend this division 2 crap, my 80 year old uncle would make 1000 runs a year in that ************** division.
THE CHIEF

the chief;198444 said:
ranga train obvousily has had his head up a cows arse for a while not to no the difference between the 2 divisions.not one side from that so called division 2, would finish in provicial top 6, its a ******** bush comp, hume league sides would do a hell of alot better in your ******** comp.theres no point in whinging about the wickets, no club in both divisions have fulltime curators, so stop tring to defend this division 2 crap, my 80 year old uncle would make 1000 runs a year in that ************** division.
THE CHIEF

I think you should be a little bit more careful on your choice of words there chief.
Using the word ************** could upset a few people.
Just wondering how many runs you have made in the provincial comp or the old ABCA.
If youve got any balls let people know who you are.
Go back through the stats for the last 10 years and tell me which abca or prov. players have crossed comps and actually done any good.
Im not saying district have the quality of players as prov.but I just believe youre being a bit harsh in your judgement.

Its Honestly Middo;198452 said:
I think you should be a little bit more careful on your choice of words there chief.
Using the word ************** could upset a few people.
Just wondering how many runs you have made in the provincial comp or the old ABCA.
If youve got any balls let people know who you are.
Go back through the stats for the last 10 years and tell me which abca or prov. players have crossed comps and actually done any good.
Im not saying district have the quality of players as prov.but I just believe youre being a bit harsh in your judgement.

I think the overriding issue here is that most blokes around this area don't play to their maximum ability, but play to the standard of the comp. Hence, when you see guys who couldn't make a run in district, then shine in provincial. Quite often you see a star bat drop down to B or C grade due to weddings etc, & not be able to score.

I think Chief that you are illinformed about teh standard of divisions, & maybe its best if you got away from your computer & had a look at some of the cricket being played.

KokodaMidget;198638 said:
I think the overriding issue here is that most blokes around this area don't play to their maximum ability, but play to the standard of the comp. Hence, when you see guys who couldn't make a run in district, then shine in provincial. Quite often you see a star bat drop down to B or C grade due to weddings etc, & not be able to score.

I think Chief that you are illinformed about teh standard of divisions, & maybe its best if you got away from your computer & had a look at some of the cricket being played.

good call kokodamidget... this bloke would want to be a star of provincial or he's got alot of apoligising to do.
nobody has the right to slag off blokes playing any comp or grade of cricket, pull your head in chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back