Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

so, whats everyones thoughts on the positions of some teams so far?
in provincial everything seems to be going as expected... albury titans are a surprise though....
the district comp is very tight at the top end, the miners and demons playing some good cricket thus far.

any thoughts on the games after christmas boys?:D

sorry boys, might of been a bit harsh,just think there is a big difference between the division, some blokes playing in provicial is a joke from these new sides. how would a dederang go against the hoppers or east, they would get destroyed, thats my point !!!

the chief;199038 said:
sorry boys, might of been a bit harsh,just think there is a big difference between the division, some blokes playing in provicial is a joke from these new sides. how would a dederang go against the hoppers or east, they would get destroyed, thats my point !!!

One thing District players have got over thier Provincial counterparts is at least all our players are toilet trained.
U are probably right though there is a bit of a gap between hoppers,east and say a Barny or dederang.:D :D @| @|

Its Honestly Middo;199042 said:
One thing District players have got over thier Provincial counterparts is at least all our players are toilet trained.
U are probably right though there is a bit of a gap between hoppers,east and say a Barny or dederang.:D :D @| @|

Haha, good one Gerald!!
And there is a big gap between North/East & most sides in provincial anyway. Dederang & Barny with Doolan would be competitive against most other sides, even the United Nations...what the f&*k is with Mt Beauty playing 3 internationals, develop some young players for god's sake!!!!

Its Honestly Middo;199042 said:

i wouldn't even put east albury in that category... they haven't won anything for ten years. north have been the standout team for the past decade, hands down.
the one difference in the divisions is the depth, provincial teams have more of it... a few district teams are getting there.

the fridge;199181 said:
i wouldn't even put east albury in that category... they haven't won anything for ten years. north have been the standout team for the past decade, hands down.
the one difference in the divisions is the depth, provincial teams have more of it... a few district teams are getting there.

I think the other big difference is the sponsorship dollars that clubs have at thier disposal.
Surely some of the provincial clubs would spend a significant amount of neville on players.
And before anyone posts about how much Dederang are spending I will say that I am the only player out there getting paid.
all other players have the chance to earn money from performance based incentives.;) :) @|

Its Honestly Middo;199227 said:
I think the other big difference is the sponsorship dollars that clubs have at thier disposal.
Surely some of the provincial clubs would spend a significant amount of neville on players.
And before anyone posts about how much Dederang are spending I will say that I am the only player out there getting paid.
all other players have the chance to earn money from performance based incentives.;) :) @|

i will agree with that middo... provincial teams would be spending alot more.
a few clubs around are offering money based on performance from what i hear.. do you think there are any negatives to this middo? or anyone else?

the fridge;199351 said:
i will agree with that middo... provincial teams would be spending alot more.
a few clubs around are offering money based on performance from what i hear.. do you think there are any negatives to this middo? or anyone else?

Cant see any problems with clubs ofering performance based initiatives.
Provided the players are financial members of the club i say go for it.

so whats going to happen after christmas for your team????? who will rise to the top under???? are yack finished for the season???? Will horey find some form with the bat and ball??? what's going to happen to wodonga and how will they cope next season in the district comp??? Does anyone else have any q's ?????

whats been going on boys,
i think the rangas will win their comp by a country mile and the hoppers will dominate provical comp and will give most sides a hiding in the finals series to win it easy, there the best side that have been around for years. east will choke, they will end up with ******** all over there wicket the weak ********s like there players,
the chief

Anyone got any news on last minute recruits.
Can inform you all that the Rangas have strengthened thier club by recruiting 2 more players from Baranduda.
They may not be high profile players but im sure they will add depth to our playing list as we strive to have all our grades playing finals this season.
I want to take this opportunity to welcome Peter Baldwin and Damian Nikolic to The Dederang Cricket Club.@| @|

Its Honestly Middo;200409 said:
Anyone got any news on last minute recruits.
Can inform you all that the Rangas have strengthened thier club by recruiting 2 more players from Baranduda.
They may not be high profile players but im sure they will add depth to our playing list as we strive to have all our grades playing finals this season.
I want to take this opportunity to welcome Peter Baldwin and Damian Nikolic to The Dederang Cricket Club.@| @|

hey middo did you need to stock up on players because of the ranga cup ???all i can say is thank you as we have to play baranduda in c grade in a couple of weeks. so is your b'grade playing this week or next sat/sunday ??? if so here's a tip for you at ranga races." saties n sundies ":p

big guys don't run;200774 said:
hey middo did you need to stock up on players because of the ranga cup ???all i can say is thank you as we have to play baranduda in c grade in a couple of weeks. so is your b'grade playing this week or next sat/sunday ??? if so here's a tip for you at ranga races." saties n sundies ":p

B grade is playing sat/sun next week.
unfortunately A grade couldnt come to an agreement to do this but one good thing comes out of playing a normal game,Paul hore and I will be able to walk on Monday.lol
Really looking forward to the challenge of continuing our unbeaten run this season as are all of the boys.

P.S Toot Toot:D :D

hey

who do you think will win the border express cup this year.
whats the go with east albury not getting in front, being 1 run short,hope it rains on the ********s.
how much is rhys jones overated, done nothing all year, thinks he is a bit better then everyone else, look at the stats fat boy.

Its Honestly Middo;198452 said:
I think you should be a little bit more careful on your choice of words there chief.
Using the word ************** could upset a few people.
Just wondering how many runs you have made in the provincial comp or the old ABCA.
If youve got any balls let people know who you are.
Go back through the stats for the last 10 years and tell me which abca or prov. players have crossed comps and actually done any good.
Im not saying district have the quality of players as prov.but I just believe youre being a bit harsh in your judgement.
Stevie Mac had a fair bit of success when he crossed over, Rohan Evans made a couple of tons and Cam Lodding won the comp batting the season he crossed over. The quality of players who swapped comps were far from the elite in the ABCA and the quality of the tracks and grounds as well as using 2 piece balls don't help batsmen either .@| @| @|

RUNOUT;201112 said:
Stevie Mac had a fair bit of success when he crossed over, Rohan Evans made a couple of tons and Cam Lodding won the comp batting the season he crossed over. The quality of players who swapped comps were far from the elite in the ABCA and the quality of the tracks and grounds as well as using 2 piece balls don't help batsmen either .@| @| @|

Add to that list McIvor,Vincent,Arendarcikas,Wise and Pierpoint who couldn't make a run to save themselves.Wise was the only one who could be classed as being past it at the time.

just wondering if a old fashion rep game between provincal and district(minus imports) would go?????? the standard should be good.....the ensign cup is a joke with players swapping sides on form or any other reason. the last game was a joke with a so called colts team average age of 25ish. the provincal side had a 18 y/o keeper work that out??:confused:

mate i dont no what planet you are on, provical would kill a district side even if they put a second string side in, pull your head you country hicks, you all talk like your comp is the premier league in melb. not even all your sides have turf wickets, that says it all, imagine wayne hawking charging in at district sides, blokes would ******** them self, district is that far behind, its like a pub comp, you go there to have a few beers.

How are the dowling boys that play in this league going. players from north east knights and that? are they doing quite well? ive got no idea what the standard of cricket is of this competition but quite interested to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back