Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Wayne who. Must be scary. And let's set the record straight. only heard of one batsmen around here sh****ng himself and i believe he's your 'PREMIER' bat. You should change your name to 'Chiefullofsh**'
|@
the chief;201292 said:
mate i dont no what planet you are on, provical would kill a district side even if they put a second string side in, pull your head you country hicks, you all talk like your comp is the premier league in melb. not even all your sides have turf wickets, that says it all, imagine wayne hawking charging in at district sides, blokes would ******** them self, district is that far behind, its like a pub comp, you go there to have a few beers.

big ego, the only thing big about you is your fat gut and head. our preimer bat must ******** himself, do you have a brain, seen the stats you looser country hick. stick to sheering sheep fat boy

yep thats right i'm a country hick. sorry mate wouldn't know how to sheer a sheep. but i bet you know how to f*ck em. on ya chief. if you had of said a steve wood or gary elliot or heath naughton yeh maybe. is that all you've got guys who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. you're a fuc*ing genius. you sure you're not a hick mate
the chief;201483 said:
big ego, the only thing big about you is your fat gut and head. our preimer bat must ******** himself, do you have a brain, seen the stats you looser country hick. stick to sheering sheep fat boy

tell me this chief, why do you make a generalisation of the whole district comp when the majority of the posts for the last month have only come from a few people and are generally about one club.
the chief;201483 said:

Just wondering how many users of this site realised that both district under 15s and under 17s made the finals of junior country week.
Cant recall seeing that a provincial junior side made it to a major final.
That shows why provincial clubs try to poach all the promising juniors from district.:) :D :D :eek:

the chief;201292 said:
mate i dont no what planet you are on, provical would kill a district side even if they put a second string side in, pull your head you country hicks, you all talk like your comp is the premier league in melb. not even all your sides have turf wickets, that says it all, imagine wayne hawking charging in at district sides, blokes would ******** them self, district is that far behind, its like a pub comp, you go there to have a few beers.

chief... pull YOUR head in, dont come on here and slag off players who go out every week and have a crack. i'd like to think some of the top teams in district would be more than a match for some teams in provincial. as for hawk, he's sharp enough to make blokes jump around from both comps... as is the likes of andy hill and ben glass who on their day can destroy batting line ups.

the fridge;201789 said:
chief... pull YOUR head in, dont come on here and slag off players who go out every week and have a crack. i'd like to think some of the top teams in district would be more than a match for some teams in provincial. as for hawk, he's sharp enough to make blokes jump around from both comps... as is the likes of andy hill and ben glass who on their day can destroy batting line ups.

I think its fair to say that Dederang & perhaps New City would compete with most of the provincial clubs, however beyond that its pretty slim pickings. Yack could, but they have already declined the opportunity to play a higher level. Its good to see the 2 district sides from last year performing at a competitive level. Belvoir may well play finals, with pretty much the same side that played in the district comp last season, whilst the Power have done ok on occassions, albeit with an over reliance of their international troupe (which surely must be looked at in the off season by the board of CAW)

KokodaMidget;202203 said:
I think its fair to say that Dederang & perhaps New City would compete with most of the provincial clubs, however beyond that its pretty slim pickings. Yack could, but they have already declined the opportunity to play a higher level. Its good to see the 2 district sides from last year performing at a competitive level. Belvoir may well play finals, with pretty much the same side that played in the district comp last season, whilst the Power have done ok on occassions, albeit with an over reliance of their international troupe (which surely must be looked at in the off season by the board of CAW)

it was good to see belvoir beat the power after copping a flogging in the district finals last year... spiteri and co are doing a great job with the cattle they have.
wasn't there a rule back in abca where a team could only have one international? or am i misguided?
should shape up as a good game between new city and dederang... the rangas have only been beaten once this season and it was by new city in the one day cup, any predictions?:D :D

the fridge;202221 said:
it was good to see belvoir beat the power after copping a flogging in the district finals last year... spiteri and co are doing a great job with the cattle they have.
wasn't there a rule back in abca where a team could only have one international? or am i misguided?
should shape up as a good game between new city and dederang... the rangas have only been beaten once this season and it was by new city in the one day cup, any predictions?:D :D
i think it will be a good clash if the ranga wicket holds up and does'nt crumble to pieces. packer seems to be doing well with the ball, but i think if kelvin bailey gets going he could pile on the runs very quickly and make it hard. verdict- newcity by 30-40 runs

Interesting results at the weekend, East Albury beating Wodonga outright was no surprise, as was St. Pats losing to Tallangatta and Lavi getting their arse kicked against the hoppers also. Raiders bowling out the "the best batting side in the comp" (Albury Titans) was a pretty good effort considering Leigh Clarke wasn't playing. The Raiders might be just coming into some decent form if their batting can hold up. Belvoir shouldn't have to many problems making the finals after a good win against Mt Beauty. They might be a surprise packet come finals time.

If Wodonga are relegated who are worthy of going up? Baranduda have an aging side as does Barny/Chiltern. New City only has 2 senior sides so they wouldn't qualify. Dederang has a lot of guys who are more comfy with playing in the district comp are they happy to step up? If Wodonga and Mt. Beauty found form would Lavi accept being relegated to the district comp? I don't think Steve Wright would be happy to walk out onto Barny No. 1 for a game:D Whoever gets relegated how many of their better players are likely to switch to other provincial clubs? Wodonga has a lot of talented kids that other provincial clubs would have a crack at.

RUNOUT;202274 said:
Interesting results at the weekend, East Albury beating Wodonga outright was no surprise, as was St. Pats losing to Tallangatta and Lavi getting their arse kicked against the hoppers also. Raiders bowling out the "the best batting side in the comp" (Albury Titans) was a pretty good effort considering Leigh Clarke wasn't playing. The Raiders might be just coming into some decent form if their batting can hold up. Belvoir shouldn't have to many problems making the finals after a good win against Mt Beauty. They might be a surprise packet come finals time.

If Wodonga are relegated who are worthy of going up? Baranduda have an aging side as does Barny/Chiltern. New City only has 2 senior sides so they wouldn't qualify. Dederang has a lot of guys who are more comfy with playing in the district comp are they happy to step up? If Wodonga and Mt. Beauty found form would Lavi accept being relegated to the district comp? I don't think Steve Wright would be happy to walk out onto Barny No. 1 for a game:D Whoever gets relegated how many of their better players are likely to switch to other provincial clubs? Wodonga has a lot of talented kids that other provincial clubs would have a crack at.

That would be no different to provincial clubs chasing the young talent from district sides.
I dont know of any player at Dederang who wouldnt be there next season if we gained promotion to Provincial.:D

Its Honestly Middo;202565 said:
That would be no different to provincial clubs chasing the young talent from district sides.
I dont know of any player at Dederang who wouldnt be there next season if we gained promotion to Provincial.:D

My word, how things change so quickly at Dederang. Gone from folding last August to expecting promotion to Provincial in mid January!!!

KokodaMidget;202624 said:
My word, how things change so quickly at Dederang. Gone from folding last August to expecting promotion to Provincial in mid January!!!

That will be the second biggest resurrection of the year,Dederang in provincial.
This will be outdone of course by Darren Petersen's inclusion in the CAW Country Week team.:D :D :D

The Reverse Sweeper;202676 said:
That will be the second biggest resurrection of the year,Dederang in provincial.
This will be outdone of course by Darren Petersen's inclusion in the CAW Country Week team.:D :D :D

There's more chance of Howlong winnning their final 3 games, scraping into 6th, then winning 3 finals & a premiership than D Petersen being in the Country Week team!

KokodaMidget;202701 said:
There's more chance of Howlong winnning their final 3 games, scraping into 6th, then winning 3 finals & a premiership than D Petersen being in the Country Week team!

With Daniel in charge you may as well take Petersen.At least he's only limited to 10 overs but they'll have to put up with him trying to win the rep player (Clark) medal as well as all the CAW awards.That's why he's so keen.

Lets discuss who will stand up at the business end of the season! Which teams have the depth and who (in which team) has the potential to be a danger and help see his sude over the line!

Obviously Purtell is in ominous form the ball but how will Yack Fare?

rickta;202228 said:
i think it will be a good clash if the ranga wicket holds up and does'nt crumble to pieces. packer seems to be doing well with the ball, but i think if kelvin bailey gets going he could pile on the runs very quickly and make it hard. verdict- newcity by 30-40 runs

Are you serious Rickta? New City have nothing. Hats off to the guys who got the club together its been a great effort but when they have no players apart from Schliebs, Bailey and Nichol how are they supposed to progress to the Grand final? I have noticed that the ex opening bowler (Baker) is opening the batting for them, this bloke is an absolute hack! Why isn't he bowling when he used to be quite handy? This is an example of their lack of depth whereas the Ranga Train cannot be stopped!

baranduda too are progressing well (and quietly) at this stage of the season and may well fly under the radar! For me its a dederang v's barabduda grand final! and in provincial its tallangatta v's North Albury........that should give East Albury the sh#*ts.........sorry Pea Bo! Or should i say Pea-POO bO?

neville;203162 said:
Are you serious Rickta? New City have nothing. Hats off to the guys who got the club together its been a great effort but when they have no players apart from Schliebs, Bailey and Nichol how are they supposed to progress to the Grand final? I have noticed that the ex opening bowler (Baker) is opening the batting for them, this bloke is an absolute hack! Why isn't he bowling when he used to be quite handy? This is an example of their lack of depth whereas the Ranga Train cannot be stopped!

baranduda too are progressing well (and quietly) at this stage of the season and may well fly under the radar! For me its a dederang v's barabduda grand final! and in provincial its tallangatta v's North Albury........that should give East Albury the sh#*ts.........sorry Pea Bo! Or should i say Pea-POO bO?

i wouldn't back the rangers to make the gf... they depend on too few to make the runs and take the wickets... and cracked in thier biggest game this year. dont count out new city or yack to play well in finals... both teams have some very handy players.

in provincial it'd have to be north albury... there's a few teams that could be playing them... east are looking good but get shakey towards the buisness end, the titans will go alright with thier depth in bowling stocks as will tallangatta with thier very mature list.:D :D :D

the fridge;203906 said:
i wouldn't back the rangers to make the gf... they depend on too few to make the runs and take the wickets... and cracked in thier biggest game this year. dont count out new city or yack to play well in finals... both teams have some very handy players.

in provincial it'd have to be north albury... there's a few teams that could be playing them... east are looking good but get shakey towards the buisness end, the titans will go alright with thier depth in bowling stocks as will tallangatta with thier very mature list.:D :D :D

Only 3 sides certain to make provincial finals Fridge, East, North & Tallangatta. Titans & Raiders both have to play North & East, so that would make their games this weekend massive, if they lost, i think they could kiss their finals hopes goodbye. Lots of jockeying for positions in the lead up, & if sides aren't on their game tomorrow, we might see some interesting & surprising results

In district, Dederang should win after all the coin they have spent retaining & attracting players this year. Very, very big brown paper bags at dederang!!!!

Yes i agree kokoda midget the Rangas would be dissappointed with anything less then a flag! Should have put the money into thier less then satisfactory wicket area (so i'm told)

Interesting run home for potential finalists in both divisions, only time will tell which teams are prepared to to do the hard yards and step up. Everthing needs to improve this time of year for a side to take out the flag, mental toughness, training, 1% ers etc etc. I don't think any sides in district have the ability to up the tempo so what we have already seen will be what we get! ;) however there are teams in provincial who can win from anywhere as low as 5th or 6th place.

Should be a good game at Lavy on Monday. District teams should get along to have a look at how they need to lift to compete!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back