Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

neville;204230 said:
Yes i agree kokoda midget the Rangas would be dissappointed with anything less then a flag! Should have put the money into thier less then satisfactory wicket area (so i'm told)

Interesting run home for potential finalists in both divisions, only time will tell which teams are prepared to to do the hard yards and step up. Everthing needs to improve this time of year for a side to take out the flag, mental toughness, training, 1% ers etc etc. I don't think any sides in district have the ability to up the tempo so what we have already seen will be what we get! ;) however there are teams in provincial who can win from anywhere as low as 5th or 6th place.

Should be a good game at Lavy on Monday. District teams should get along to have a look at how they need to lift to compete!!!!

Yes the wicket at The Ranga isnt the best one around but BOTH teams have 2 play on the same pitch as far as i know.
Any of the top 5 sides could be favourites for the flag at the moment as i cant see Bethanga causing too many dramas now that Phil O,neill ha sgone to Canada.
Might go to Panthers oval on Monday to see how often the toilets get used.

Seriously tho should be a cracker of a game with the calibre of players on both teams.

And can anyone tell me if the bar will be open.

Nev, not a bad prediction by rickta. He must've been serious.
:eek:
neville;203162 said:
Are you serious Rickta? New City have nothing. Hats off to the guys who got the club together its been a great effort but when they have no players apart from Schliebs, Bailey and Nichol how are they supposed to progress to the Grand final? I have noticed that the ex opening bowler (Baker) is opening the batting for them, this bloke is an absolute hack! Why isn't he bowling when he used to be quite handy? This is an example of their lack of depth whereas the Ranga Train cannot be stopped!

baranduda too are progressing well (and quietly) at this stage of the season and may well fly under the radar! For me its a dederang v's barabduda grand final! and in provincial its tallangatta v's North Albury........that should give East Albury the sh#*ts.........sorry Pea Bo! Or should i say Pea-POO bO?

big ego;204440 said:
Nev, not a bad prediction by rickta. He must've been serious.
:eek:

I stand corrected.........however its still pretty obvious that new city rely on Schliebs, Bailey and Nichol. (Nichol highest score, Bailey 6 wickets!!!) Do they have any other players?????? Maybe Rickta or big ego can tell me??

Yack are looking ominous as too are Tallangatta. Its going to be an interesting next few weeks, can Wodonga beat the odds and get above Mt Beauty leaving Mt Beauty to be relegated? Will CAW board get some balls and enforce whoever wins District to go up?

Interesting to see Lavy starting to hit form but why is Trent Ball in rep sides when he can't make a run on Saturdays???

For me its still a Dederang by how far for the flag. Yes New City have beaten them twice but both times it was one day cricket.....i think they will be to good if New City face them again in the 2 day format!!!

Lets also remember that we are probably due for some rain come finals time so the higher you finish on the ladder the more chance you are going to give yourself if weather comes into play!!!

And yes Middo 2 sides do have to play on the same track....but thats no excuse to be dishing out s..t wickets. If District wants to be taken more seriously and given the same attention as Provincial then the District clubs need more professionalism in every aspect of the game.....a well curated wicket would be a good start don't you think???? Untill the facilities improve District will only ever be bush cricket!

neville;204661 said:
I stand corrected.........however its still pretty obvious that new city rely on Schliebs, Bailey and Nichol. (Nichol highest score, Bailey 6 wickets!!!) Do they have any other players?????? Maybe Rickta or big ego can tell me??

Yack are looking ominous as too are Tallangatta. Its going to be an interesting next few weeks, can Wodonga beat the odds and get above Mt Beauty leaving Mt Beauty to be relegated? Will CAW board get some balls and enforce whoever wins District to go up?

Interesting to see Lavy starting to hit form but why is Trent Ball in rep sides when he can't make a run on Saturdays???

For me its still a Dederang by how far for the flag. Yes New City have beaten them twice but both times it was one day cricket.....i think they will be to good if New City face them again in the 2 day format!!!

Lets also remember that we are probably due for some rain come finals time so the higher you finish on the ladder the more chance you are going to give yourself if weather comes into play!!!

And yes Middo 2 sides do have to play on the same track....but thats no excuse to be dishing out s..t wickets. If District wants to be taken more seriously and given the same attention as Provincial then the District clubs need more professionalism in every aspect of the game.....a well curated wicket would be a good start don't you think???? Untill the facilities improve District will only ever be bush cricket!

I wouldnt say they are ******** wickets,just a little uneven at times.
The wicket over the weekend held together quite well and didnt crumble like they usually do.
Unfortunately we were the losers on the weekend because of using the wrong game plan but hopefully we can rectify that this week.

What was the game plan that failed you middo?

Its Honestly Middo;204709 said:
I wouldnt say they are ******** wickets,just a little uneven at times.
The wicket over the weekend held together quite well and didnt crumble like they usually do.
Unfortunately we were the losers on the weekend because of using the wrong game plan but hopefully we can rectify that this week.

neville;204661 said:
I stand corrected.........however its still pretty obvious that new city rely on Schliebs, Bailey and Nichol. (Nichol highest score, Bailey 6 wickets!!!) Do they have any other players?????? Maybe Rickta or big ego can tell me??Yack are looking ominous as too are Tallangatta. Its going to be an interesting next few weeks, can Wodonga beat the odds and get above Mt Beauty leaving Mt Beauty to be relegated? Will CAW board get some balls and enforce whoever wins District to go up? Interesting to see Lavy starting to hit form but why is Trent Ball in rep sides when he can't make a run on Saturdays???For me its still a Dederang by how far for the flag. Yes New City have beaten them twice but both times it was one day cricket.....i think they will be to good if New City face them again in the 2 day format!!!Lets also remember that we are probably due for some rain come finals time so the higher you finish on the ladder the more chance you are going to give yourself if weather comes into play!!!And yes Middo 2 sides do have to play on the same track....but thats no excuse to be dishing out s..t wickets. If District wants to be taken more seriously and given the same attention as Provincial then the District clubs need more professionalism in every aspect of the game.....a well curated wicket would be a good start don't you think???? Untill the facilities improve District will only ever be bush cricket!
It seems to me nev that you have a lot to say. I think new city will give Dederang a run for there money. and as far as the ranga wicket goes apparently it was not a bad track. At least they have a turf wicket not like Barny. Personaly i think it is a money saver for the club, no curater, no roller, no covers, no water, no mower ect piss poor i think!!

rickta;204900 said:
It seems to me nev that you have a lot to say. I think new city will give Dederang a run for there money. and as far as the ranga wicket goes apparently it was not a bad track. At least they have a turf wicket not like Barny. Personaly i think it is a money saver for the club, no curater, no roller, no covers, no water, no mower ect piss poor i think!!

Righto Rickta. Good to see some feeling come into this forum!

yes new city have done well but what about my earlier question asking who else apart from Bailey Nichol and schliebs New city have? I look at the dederang and Yack line up and see 6-8 players capable of turning it on and how many do New City have?????? only 3!

Didn't know Barny don't have a turf wicket, if that is true then they are an absolute disgrace!!! and CAW should MAKE them have one........this is why District is a f...en joke! You make some goos points Rickta about the financial strains a turf wicket has on clubs. if CAW can't ensure Barny have a turf wicket then they should make Barny pay each club that does have one for the cost of the curating each time they play a club at home! Maybe that will convince them to put one in!

I can see this blog is pro District so why doesn't someone point out to me why provincial teams are so much better??? You guys wallow in your own bu..sh.t!!!

In all honesty Rickta New City can probably make in the next few years but if they are to they need to recruit more then what they have now!!! One thing going for them is the fact they are situated well and have very good facilities.......however this does alone does not make a club!!!

neville;204904 said:
Righto Rickta. Good to see some feeling come into this forum!

yes new city have done well but what about my earlier question asking who else apart from Bailey Nichol and schliebs New city have? I look at the dederang and Yack line up and see 6-8 players capable of turning it on and how many do New City have?????? only 3!

Didn't know Barny don't have a turf wicket, if that is true then they are an absolute disgrace!!! and CAW should MAKE them have one........this is why District is a f...en joke! You make some goos points Rickta about the financial strains a turf wicket has on clubs. if CAW can't ensure Barny have a turf wicket then they should make Barny pay each club that does have one for the cost of the curating each time they play a club at home! Maybe that will convince them to put one in!

I can see this blog is pro District so why doesn't someone point out to me why provincial teams are so much better??? You guys wallow in your own bu..sh.t!!!

In all honesty Rickta New City can probably make in the next few years but if they are to they need to recruit more then what they have now!!! One thing going for them is the fact they are situated well and have very good facilities.......however this does alone does not make a club!!!

I think provincial is better due to the grounds they play on most being O&M grounds, therefore that is going to attract better quality players to play on better quality grounds therefore better quality cricket. Does that make sence to you Nev. If you think district is such a joke, tell me what would happen if there where no district at all, Im sure that would be good for local cricket.

As for New City they have Andrew King who is more then handy with the bat and ball, young Tyson Bradsworth who is doing his part with the bat Bailey and Nicoll of coarse Schliebs has bowled a lot of overs for his wickets, Baker is to old but knows his stuff, the list goes on Nev

so middo the game plan didn't work.you would hope that works a lot better getting towards finals. new city hawks are looking very handy.just remember that if you have a few older guys playing finals its going to be hard to back up saturday and sunday for 3 weeks !!!!!!

good to see the provincal guys having a crack on here.country week not that far away how will CAW go???? hopefully they play well and show the satse how strong the comp is.

big guys don't run;204994 said:
so middo the game plan didn't work.you would hope that works a lot better getting towards finals. new city hawks are looking very handy.just remember that if you have a few older guys playing finals its going to be hard to back up saturday and sunday for 3 weeks !!!!!!

good to see the provincal guys having a crack on here.country week not that far away how will CAW go???? hopefully they play well and show the satse how strong the comp is.

Good pont BGDR, but there are a few heavyweights in the New City team that may also struggle to get up on consecutive days, could be interesting viewing, the veterans vs the (non) vegans!!

Regarding country week, it looks a pretty handy squad, Gough will be an important player i suspect, & as with most years, you need to win on Day 1, have your batsmen up & firing all week & have a bit of luck go your way. All things being equal, they should be hard to beat. Interesting side note, the guys at Country week will possibly play 8 days out of 9, with the day they don't play a travel Sunday to Melbourne. This includes two Saturday's of club cricket, poss final on the Friday, & an Ensign Cup final on the Sunday...could be some weary bodies!!!

rickta;204921 said:
I think provincial is better due to the grounds they play on most being O&M grounds, therefore that is going to attract better quality players to play on better quality grounds therefore better quality cricket. Does that make sence to you Nev. If you think district is such a joke, tell me what would happen if there where no district at all, Im sure that would be good for local cricket.

As for New City they have Andrew King who is more then handy with the bat and ball, young Tyson Bradsworth who is doing his part with the bat Bailey and Nicoll of coarse Schliebs has bowled a lot of overs for his wickets, Baker is to old but knows his stuff, the list goes on Nev

Makes complete sense Rickta, i'm surprised that your now starting think a bit instead of posting garbage!
But don't you think that a same stage in the past someone at one of these provincial clubs has had to roll thier sleeves up and have a go to ghet what they now have?....thats what i'm trying to say to you district guys.....stop sooking, have a go, your destiny is in your own hands!!!!

Agree with the New City comment, Andrew King is a class player, don't know much about Bradsworth he hasn't feature in any news so probably not worth considering. Interesting to see Schliebs needs alot of overs to get wickets....i would expect that from someone with his physique and as for Baker i'm sure he could better serve the club by staying president only and leave the playing up to those who can still play. I notice that Middo still bowls and gets wickets why doesn't Baker come off a few steps like him and give the opening batting a miss!!! As i said he did used to be a good bowler and could probably be the quickest in this comp if he had crack he's no use as a batter.

You say the list goes on Rickta.....do tell!

It will be interesting to see how New City perform against this weekend against an in form Yack!!

Good to see North Albury cop a flogging on the weekend! Pity it was the East Albury group that gave it to them.....i still don't condone that clubs weak effort with Pea Bo last year.....not a good example for thier young cricketers.

What is it with you guys bagging players out on this form, schliebs is carrying more than is required, but the bloke is out there having a go. good on him i say. And good luck to New City, although 3 of their players have played cricket together in recent years the rest of the guys wouldn't have played together for a long time, if ever. And they look as though they should have a reasonably successful year for there first season as a team.

neville;205138 said:

Makes complete sense Rickta, i'm surprised that your now starting think a bit instead of posting garbage!
But don't you think that a same stage in the past someone at one of these provincial clubs has had to roll thier sleeves up and have a go to ghet what they now have?....thats what i'm trying to say to you district guys.....stop sooking, have a go, your destiny is in your own hands!!!!

Agree with the New City comment, Andrew King is a class player, don't know much about Bradsworth he hasn't feature in any news so probably not worth considering. Interesting to see Schliebs needs alot of overs to get wickets....i would expect that from someone with his physique and as for Baker i'm sure he could better serve the club by staying president only and leave the playing up to those who can still play. I notice that Middo still bowls and gets wickets why doesn't Baker come off a few steps like him and give the opening batting a miss!!! As i said he did used to be a good bowler and could probably be the quickest in this comp if he had crack he's no use as a batter.

You say the list goes on Rickta.....do tell!

It will be interesting to see how New City perform against this weekend against an in form Yack!!

Good to see North Albury cop a flogging on the weekend! Pity it was the East Albury group that gave it to them.....i still don't condone that clubs weak effort with Pea Bo last year.....not a good example for thier young cricketers.

big ego;205144 said:
What is it with you guys bagging players out on this form, schliebs is carrying more than is required, but the bloke is out there having a go. good on him i say. And good luck to New City, although 3 of their players have played cricket together in recent years the rest of the guys wouldn't have played together for a long time, if ever. And they look as though they should have a reasonably successful year for there first season as a team.

Ok big ego, fair enough!

If you read an earlier post from me you would see that i have already congratulated New City for a great effort to date. As far as bagging players is concerned i believe i am simply telling it as it is, not bagging them. if the blokes i have mentioned can't handle the truth then bad luck for them!

Perhaps this is what is needed in district ranks....a bit more honest truth!!

Actually it wouldn't hurt across the board, there are people involved in this league who need to realise that it is just country cricket!!! The standard of both divisions needs to lift if we want to consider our association one of the best.....yes CAW board it is not just about numbers!!! Quality also counts!!

What about the positives from the merger???

The resurrection of new city is a good story....are there any others?

big guys don't run;204994 said:

Good to hear from you again BGDR.
I believe we only have 2 old guys in our side,myself and The Hore.
If you have seen Horey and myself lately you would,ve noticed that we have both shed a few kilos courtesy of the personal trainer we have hired together.
The big fella even got through 10 overs on the weekend and it was only in 2 spells with some of the deliveries having a bit,o,peppa on em.@| @|

Neville you may have hit the nail on the head

neville;205152 said:
Ok big ego, fair enough!

If you read an earlier post from me you would see that i have already congratulated New City for a great effort to date. As far as bagging players is concerned i believe i am simply telling it as it is, not bagging them. if the blokes i have mentioned can't handle the truth then bad luck for them!

Perhaps this is what is needed in district ranks....a bit more honest truth!!

Actually it wouldn't hurt across the board, there are people involved in this league who need to realise that it is just country cricket!!! The standard of both divisions needs to lift if we want to consider our association one of the best.....yes CAW board it is not just about numbers!!! Quality also counts!!

What about the positives from the merger???

The resurrection of new city is a good story....are there any others?

Its Honestly Middo;205155 said:
Good to hear from you again BGDR.
I believe we only have 2 old guys in our side,myself and The Hore.
If you have seen Horey and myself lately you would,ve noticed that we have both shed a few kilos courtesy of the personal trainer we have hired together.
The big fella even got through 10 overs on the weekend and it was only in 2 spells with some of the deliveries having a bit,o,peppa on em.@| @|

yer but did he get any wickets???

How much has Dederang had to pay out for the personnell trainer??? i've heard they pay for all your other expenses including playing fees!!! No wonder there pitch isn't any good there's no money left for a curator!:eek:

What the hell does New city Hawks mean????? New City have more ex lavingtoon players playing for them then kiewa! Are you a Kiewa man BGDR ?
Sour grapes???? Good luck with the personal trainer middo but be careful you and horey don't over do it and end up playing finals from the bench!!!! You may be trying to get fitter but you have still have old bodies.

Can anyone explain to me how the final 6 works??????

neville;205159 said:
yer but did he get any wickets???

How much has Dederang had to pay out for the personnell trainer??? i've heard they pay for all your other expenses including playing fees!!! No wonder there pitch isn't any good there's no money left for a curator!:eek:

Thought that may be the response I got for that comment.
I actually have a mate of mine who is a personal trainer who is lookin after us.
The Hore got 1 wicket but kept things tight early on as he was asked to do.
As for the wicket im sure next season it will be up to your standards Nev.@| @| @|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back