Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

neville;205160 said:
What the hell does New city Hawks mean????? New City have more ex lavingtoon players playing for them then kiewa! Are you a Kiewa man BGDR ?
Sour grapes???? Good luck with the personal trainer middo but be careful you and horey don't over do it and end up playing finals from the bench!!!! You may be trying to get fitter but you have still have old bodies.

Can anyone explain to me how the final 6 works??????

Ive been told"ure only as old as the body you feel".
I think it was Wazza Hamilton that told me that.
Final 6,
1st week,
1v6,2v5,3v4
2nd week,
3 winners and highest rank loser play off 1v4,2v3
3rd week,
2 winners play off in granny.
Last season the side that finished 4th recieved a double chance because1,2 and 3 won the first week.
Farcical isnt it.

Its Honestly Middo;205163 said:
Ive been told"ure only as old as the body you feel".
I think it was Wazza Hamilton that told me that.
Final 6,
1st week,
1v6,2v5,3v4
2nd week,
3 winners and highest rank loser play off 1v4,2v3
3rd week,
2 winners play off in granny.
Last season the side that finished 4th recieved a double chance because1,2 and 3 won the first week.
Farcical isnt it.

Thanks and yes it is farcical!

The top 2 teams should be rewarded with a week off, with 3 v 6 and 4 v 5
1 should then play the lowest winner and 2 the highest winner.
Then the 2 winners play off!

I still think a top 6 is crap!

Why not a top 4? and if CAW want finals over 3 weekends have 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 with the highest winner having a week off and the lowest loser dropping out! (should be 1 thru and 4 out)
The following week can have the second highest winner play the second lowest loser!
The GF would then be decided between highest winner from week 1 v winner from week 2.
At least then the team that finishes first should get a reward for a consistent season!@| @| :rolleyes:
How does the top six format reward the top team for a goos
d year?

neville;205164 said:
Thanks and yes it is farcical!

The top 2 teams should be rewarded with a week off, with 3 v 6 and 4 v 5
1 should then play the lowest winner and 2 the highest winner.
Then the 2 winners play off!

I still think a top 6 is crap!

Why not a top 4? and if CAW want finals over 3 weekends have 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 with the highest winner having a week off and the lowest loser dropping out! (should be 1 thru and 4 out)
The following week can have the second highest winner play the second lowest loser!
The GF would then be decided between highest winner from week 1 v winner from week 2.
At least then the team that finishes first should get a reward for a consistent season!@| @| :rolleyes:
How does the top six format reward the top team for a goos
d year?

Hooray,finally someone who thinks normally.@| @
I totally agree with you on that one Nev.

Any predictions this round? Both provincial and district.

Will Titans be any sort of competition for the Crows, who will win the match for the last finals spot, Eagles or Patties?

And district, the two top sides play off being Barny and the Rangas. Interesting to see that their game was moved from Barny to Dederang! Also Yack and New City could be a close one. What do you reckon Nev, Rickta?

Its Honestly Middo;205173 said:
Hooray,finally someone who thinks normally.@| @
I totally agree with you on that one Nev.

big ego;205628 said:
Any predictions this round? Both provincial and district.

Will Titans be any sort of competition for the Crows, who will win the match for the last finals spot, Eagles or Patties?

And district, the two top sides play off being Barny and the Rangas. Interesting to see that their game was moved from Barny to Dederang! Also Yack and New City could be a close one. What do you reckon Nev, Rickta?

Reckon the patties will roll the eagles and the titans to(toilet)roll the crows.
District is interesting with the top 4 sides playing each other in the final 2 rounds.
Kiewa I reckon will end up sneaking into 6th spot courtesy of playing Howlong again in the last round although I would like to see The Spiders win a game this season.
Living across the road from The Howlong oval I see how much effort the guys are putting in and its a bit unfortunate they dropped Ash last weekend on 15 otherwise the game wouldve been very interesting.
Im going for New City and I dont think we will bat as poorly as we did last week again this week so I reckon well beat Barny.

Its Honestly Middo;205631 said:
Reckon the patties will roll the eagles and the titans to(toilet)roll the crows.
District is interesting with the top 4 sides playing each other in the final 2 rounds.
Kiewa I reckon will end up sneaking into 6th spot courtesy of playing Howlong again in the last round although I would like to see The Spiders win a game this season.
Living across the road from The Howlong oval I see how much effort the guys are putting in and its a bit unfortunate they dropped Ash last weekend on 15 otherwise the game wouldve been very interesting.
Im going for New City and I dont think we will bat as poorly as we did last week again this week so I reckon well beat Barny.

Firstly if you live across the road from the Howlong ground Middo it must be one hell of a big paper bag that got you to Dederang.....but as they say it is all about me!!

I find it hard to believe that the Border Mail doesn't give you District guys a better showing. I have just been on the web site and can honestly say that you have a pretty exciting competition with two interesting weeks coming up! It seems that the top 5 sides all play each other in the ne\xt two rounds and that there is only 5 points between the top 3 sides. Good going guys this really is must watch stuff, i'll keep a keen eye on how this evolves.

Personally i think Yack will have to much fire power for New City and they seem to be my smokey for the flag! Who cares about dederang and Barny, even though Barny don't have a turf wicket they must be mad to play on the Dederang mud pit!

As far as provincial is concerned i think that the Eagles can beat Patties particularly after Patties lost to Lavy last week. No way titans will beat Criows but stay tuned for the East Albury finals flop!

Any truth to the rumour that the titans will struggle to field teams next year and could even fold as a club?:cool: :D :D

neville;205651 said:
Firstly if you live across the road from the Howlong ground Middo it must be one hell of a big paper bag that got you to Dederang.....but as they say it is all about me!!

I find it hard to believe that the Border Mail doesn't give you District guys a better showing. I have just been on the web site and can honestly say that you have a pretty exciting competition with two interesting weeks coming up! It seems that the top 5 sides all play each other in the ne\xt two rounds and that there is only 5 points between the top 3 sides. Good going guys this really is must watch stuff, i'll keep a keen eye on how this evolves.

Personally i think Yack will have to much fire power for New City and they seem to be my smokey for the flag! Who cares about dederang and Barny, even though Barny don't have a turf wicket they must be mad to play on the Dederang mud pit!

As far as provincial is concerned i think that the Eagles can beat Patties particularly after Patties lost to Lavy last week. No way titans will beat Criows but stay tuned for the East Albury finals flop!

Any truth to the rumour that the titans will struggle to field teams next year and could even fold as a club?:cool: :D :D

Yes Nev it is a big paper bag but to be honest as I always am "im worth every cent of it";) )

I actually don't mind the top 6. A week off is an advantage for footballers but historically its a disadvantage for cricketers. With the top six this season in Provincial there are three interesting battles... the usual battle for top spot (now won)... a battle for a final spot... and a battle to avoid relegation. In District the top five teams could finish anywhere and it looks like a closely fought out final series. With top 6 the higher up the ladder you finish the greater the advantage with a double chance for the top team. With top 4 - the real competition is usually over by Christmas.

Congrats Middo, Looks like you might have the boys almost settled going into the finals. Morry 72 no & Jules 24 no Could be a big score????? Good to see young Creamer get a bag of wickets with the turning ball!

Sounds like a good track for a mud pit (a bit harsh).

I do believe Country Week is going to be a dry argument this year with a total alchohol ban for 3 days and curfues being set. About time we took our rep cricket seriously.

The bottom of the Provincial Ladder is looking very interesting!
Wodonga could take the points this round and move ahead of the Power with 1 game to go.
Do the Power have any decent local blokes good enough to be playing in Provincial ?
A couple of internationals are looking to move into Albury next season if they can find a club I hear the Eagles are whale watching for preseason next year.

Bradsworth Is A Very Handy Little Player Great Fielder, Great Batter And should Be Bowling His Leggies. King Is Pure Class. New City Bit Down This Week But Should Bounce Back Next Round Against Barny To Get The Points. And Are Smoky To Win The Flag.

Umpire Hart;205908 said:
Bradsworth Is A Very Handy Little Player Great Fielder, Great Batter And should Be Bowling His Leggies. King Is Pure Class. New City Bit Down This Week But Should Bounce Back Next Round Against Barny To Get The Points. And Are Smoky To Win The Flag.

Interesting point of umpy.

Appears as though anything can and will happen on its day in District! Teams must be pretty even in this comp!

Bring on the finals i'm sick of all the crap thats talked on this forum....lets see who can back up thier recent form. While we are on New City i have to point out that i am absolutely correct in pointing out that they have only a couple of decent players! Without Nichol the scoreboard would have been pretty bad!|@

neville;205970 said:
Interesting point of umpy.

Appears as though anything can and will happen on its day in District! Teams must be pretty even in this comp!

Bring on the finals i'm sick of all the crap thats talked on this forum....lets see who can back up thier recent form. While we are on New City i have to point out that i am absolutely correct in pointing out that they have only a couple of decent players! Without Nichol the scoreboard would have been pretty bad!|@

i wonder what time the big fella got to bed this week, if at all?
the big friday night seems to be working for him, look out if he gets a good nights sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Umpire Hart;205908 said:

Young Braddy actually batted quite well against us and Kingy hasnt lost any of his power,still drives the ball really well.
His experience come finals time will be very handy for Duane.
Dont think Purtell will be a regular in New Cities finals campaign as the bloke just bats too slowly.
Its alright to say hes takin the shine of the ball but scoring 7 singles in 17 overs isnt takin too much shine off.@|

Its Honestly Middo;206111 said:
Young Braddy actually batted quite well against us and Kingy hasnt lost any of his power,still drives the ball really well.
His experience come finals time will be very handy for Duane.
Dont think Purtell will be a regular in New Cities finals campaign as the bloke just bats too slowly.
Its alright to say hes takin the shine of the ball but scoring 7 singles in 17 overs isnt takin too much shine off.@|

Yeah Quite Right About The batting Slow Part..
King Will Be Very Handy For them They Just need Some Order At the Top i Would Open With King.

Bradsworth Looks Good At 3,4 Or 5.

Nev, apparently quite true what you said about baker, i hear he was thrown the ball on Saturday and was the only one to trouble the batsmen. Even heard there was a bit of smoke in amongst a few of them.

neville;203162 said:
Are you serious Rickta? New City have nothing. Hats off to the guys who got the club together its been a great effort but when they have no players apart from Schliebs, Bailey and Nichol how are they supposed to progress to the Grand final? I have noticed that the ex opening bowler (Baker) is opening the batting for them, this bloke is an absolute hack! Why isn't he bowling when he used to be quite handy? This is an example of their lack of depth whereas the Ranga Train cannot be stopped!

baranduda too are progressing well (and quietly) at this stage of the season and may well fly under the radar! For me its a dederang v's barabduda grand final! and in provincial its tallangatta v's North Albury........that should give East Albury the sh#*ts.........sorry Pea Bo! Or should i say Pea-POO bO?

I hear Baker is only in the team cause he employs the captain, probably should be playing in the seconds with his best mate Brett Scammel.

big ego;206131 said:
Nev, apparently quite true what you said about baker, i hear he was thrown the ball on Saturday and was the only one to trouble the batsmen. Even heard there was a bit of smoke in amongst a few of them.

skippy;206260 said:
I hear Baker is only in the team cause he employs the captain, probably should be playing in the seconds with his best mate Brett Scammel.

Is that right Skip, i thought it was because he's president! Either way New City are always going to be 2 for ************ all as it appears they don't have any openers......may as well play King and Bailey as openers, god knows there in early enough!:)

So Baker finally bowled did he big ego???? He may as well use some energy on something apart from fielding as he's never in long enough when he bats! Did he really bowl some smoke though?? Will be interesting to see if he can get a wicket next time....could be handy in finals if he doesn't break down.:confused:

Umpire Hart;205908 said:
Bradsworth Is A Very Handy Little Player Great Fielder, Great Batter And should Be Bowling His Leggies.
Wodonga Raiders were very disappointed to lose Bradsworth as they invested a lot of time in the kid and expected him to be an A grader this year. He is a handy cricketer at District level but wouldn't he have been better served playing in the Provincial comp and developed his all around game?:confused: Best of luck to him and the New City boys come finals. If they win the flag will they be strong enough to compete at Provincial level:confused: :confused: :confused:

RUNOUT, very valid points. Well i suppose they've (New City) only lost two games so far, possibly three after this week, and are the only team to beat the rangs boys (toot toot) so for a new entity there certainly doing alright, they seem to have the nucleus of a good team and with some positive off season recruiting could very well be competitive in both grades. Just need to get a bit more depth so they can stop playing the has beens!

ga
RUNOUT;206849 said:
Wodonga Raiders were very disappointed to lose Bradsworth as they invested a lot of time in the kid and expected him to be an A grader this year. He is a handy cricketer at District level but wouldn't he have been better served playing in the Provincial comp and developed his all around game?:confused: Best of luck to him and the New City boys come finals. If they win the flag will they be strong enough to compete at Provincial level:confused: :confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back