Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

RUNOUT;206849 said:
Wodonga Raiders were very disappointed to lose Bradsworth as they invested a lot of time in the kid and expected him to be an A grader this year. He is a handy cricketer at District level but wouldn't he have been better served playing in the Provincial comp and developed his all around game?:confused: Best of luck to him and the New City boys come finals. If they win the flag will they be strong enough to compete at Provincial level:confused: :confused: :confused:

Firstly, you have to ask why it is that Bradsworth decided to leave raiders???? If he was held in that high a regard, and should be playing A grade there this year, then why leave??? Something isn't right there.

It appears to me that at his age he has benefitted really well from a year in District, lets not forget there are some smart players playing for new city and in Scammell and Thomas some pretty handy coaches. I have also heard that New City have had Warren Smith over to run some clinics.......this club is fair dinkum about thier cricket and a goos place for Bradsworth to be, if he was a couple of years older i would agree that he should be playing provincial, who knows maybe New city will be there in a couple of years time? If they win the flag this year they will definitely need to recruit if they are to compete in provincial!!!

On paper its probably a Yack v's Dederang final!! New City could cause an upset on there day though!!

In Provincial it can only really be North V's East would should be a cracker of a game!!

Can anyone tell me where the finals are being held??? Particularly the Grand Finals???? If the provincial final is to be held at Lavington Sports Ground surely it would make common sense to hold the District Final at Urana Rd Oval????

Any thoughts on the country team?? I think its no where the strongest side CAW could send......i can't work ut why they chosen some of the blokes that they have??? (Trent Ball...no form, Purtell...too old, Scammell...no form, warren Marmo....who??, Nick Jensen...who????):

RUNOUT;206849 said:
Wodonga Raiders were very disappointed to lose Bradsworth as they invested a lot of time in the kid and expected him to be an A grader this year. He is a handy cricketer at District level but wouldn't he have been better served playing in the Provincial comp and developed his all around game?:confused: Best of luck to him and the New City boys come finals. If they win the flag will they be strong enough to compete at Provincial level:confused: :confused: :confused:

Run out, where do you get you info about this at the raiders ? The senior Raiders Cricket Club invested 0 in the young kid. And the word is why he left was their inability to comunicate with him and other young kids there coming though the ranks. Sure there are some great blokes there but most are self centred arrigant individuals, run by a pack of monkeys.

More interesting results on the weekend!

Looks like Mt Beauty will be relegated, and Lavy to sneak into the finals.

We've seen this alot from Lavy in the past....could be a smoky for the flag??

Dederang all over their opposition in District and to finish top will give them home finals and breathing space if we are to have wet weather! Looks like New City dug in for their 2nd innings and should also feature with home finals if they get a win this weekend. Will Yack get another big scalp by beating the Rangas this round??

Well done Wodonga on what proves to be a vital win for them if they are to stay in Provincial!!!

Captain Crash it appears you may have some insight into the troubles at Raiders.....it would appear that Nev is right on the money again!! All isn't as it appears at Birrallee Park:eek:

well done middo..the game plan fell together at the right time of the season....morri is going great guns....just a thought if any club had the balls out to try and recuirt Dishot from Barny.Made a lot of runs against Ranga's in both innings??????? Can he bat middo?? is he on your radar for next season in provincal??? Will the imports stay up the mountain if they go down???

I have heard a few rumors coming out of raiders regarding juniors.....or younger players. It seems they try and push kids to fast to soon up the grades...but some of these kids aren't up to it......

Just a note to all those B grade teams having a whinge about Warriors playing in that grade....shut the ( you know what) up....before the season started the club didn't know who was playing and how many numbers the club whould have....but it was ok for yack to win all grades last season and stay in district.....no one questioned that one!!!!! we are slowly rebuilding and bigger and better things are in the works...so keep an ear to the ground!!!!!!

neville;207075 said:
Firstly, you have to ask why it is that Bradsworth decided to leave raiders???? If he was held in that high a regard, and should be playing A grade there this year, then why leave??? Something isn't right there.

It appears to me that at his age he has benefitted really well from a year in District, lets not forget there are some smart players playing for new city and in Scammell and Thomas some pretty handy coaches. I have also heard that New City have had Warren Smith over to run some clinics.......this club is fair dinkum about thier cricket and a goos place for Bradsworth to be, if he was a couple of years older i would agree that he should be playing provincial, who knows maybe New city will be there in a couple of years time? If they win the flag this year they will definitely need to recruit if they are to compete in provincial!!!

On paper its probably a Yack v's Dederang final!! New City could cause an upset on there day though!!

In Provincial it can only really be North V's East would should be a cracker of a game!!

Can anyone tell me where the finals are being held??? Particularly the Grand Finals???? If the provincial final is to be held at Lavington Sports Ground surely it would make common sense to hold the District Final at Urana Rd Oval????

Any thoughts on the country team?? I think its no where the strongest side CAW could send......i can't work ut why they chosen some of the blokes that they have??? (Trent Ball...no form, Purtell...too old, Scammell...no form, warren Marmo....who??, Nick Jensen...who????):

Have heard District GF will be played at Urana rd oval.
This however wont be the case if New City make the GRANNY

big guys don't run;207359 said:
well done middo..the game plan fell together at the right time of the season....morri is going great guns....just a thought if any club had the balls out to try and recuirt Dishot from Barny.Made a lot of runs against Ranga's in both innings??????? Can he bat middo?? is he on your radar for next season in provincal??? Will the imports stay up the mountain if they go down???

I have heard a few rumors coming out of raiders regarding juniors.....or younger players. It seems they try and push kids to fast to soon up the grades...but some of these kids aren't up to it......

Just a note to all those B grade teams having a whinge about Warriors playing in that grade....shut the ( you know what) up....before the season started the club didn't know who was playing and how many numbers the club whould have....but it was ok for yack to win all grades last season and stay in district.....no one questioned that one!!!!! we are slowly rebuilding and bigger and better things are in the works...so keep an ear to the ground!!!!!!

Dont think toung Dish would leave Barny although I have been told that he and his brother nearly joined Dederang last season.
Scored runs in both inningsa but did chance his luck a fair bit.
Pasted me for 16 runs in 1 over in the 1st innings but was very flashy.
While were on The Rangas how is Beau Packers form,30 wickets last season and on track to back it up this season.Also starting to show some promise with the bat.
Maybe this weekend will turn out a battle of the 4 best all-rounders in the comp.

Its Honestly Middo;207421 said:
Have heard District GF will be played at Urana rd oval.
This however wont be the case if New City make the GRANNY

and why not Middo!! shouldn't the best ground with the best facilities for each division be used?? Not to mention having both provincial and District A grade grand finals within 5 mins of each other a great way to "sell" the league??? Or should they move provincial as well if Lavy make it?? Grow up mate!

Or are you scared of a team that seems to have your measure??Every other top 4 side seems to be able to handle new city!

Personally i doubt wether new city will be there....it appears the wheels have fallen off, Bailey and Schliebs have gone quiet just like they did when playing for Kiewa in finals.

Doesn't really matter who wins and goes up to Provincial anyway because whoever it is will need to recruit and recruit well.

A bit full of yourself aren't you middo???? Fancy someone smacking your medium pace s*#t all over the park.......but i geuss this is why you now play District!:p

You're spot on Nev, Schliebs and Bailey only ever played in 3 finals series at Kiewa, only won 2 flags in those campaigns albeit in the same season. Bailey has gone quiet hasn't he, only took 6 wickets last round against the ladder leaders and didn't play the second week against Yack. And i think Schliebs only tokk 3 of the 5 wickets on the weekend. Nicoll however is still going out and getting smashed then smashing them. Onya Nev
neville;207444 said:
and why not Middo!! shouldn't the best ground with the best facilities for each division be used?? Not to mention having both provincial and District A grade grand finals within 5 mins of each other a great way to "sell" the league??? Or should they move provincial as well if Lavy make it?? Grow up mate!

Or are you scared of a team that seems to have your measure??Every other top 4 side seems to be able to handle new city!

Personally i doubt wether new city will be there....it appears the wheels have fallen off, Bailey and Schliebs have gone quiet just like they did when playing for Kiewa in finals.

Doesn't really matter who wins and goes up to Provincial anyway because whoever it is will need to recruit and recruit well.

A bit full of yourself aren't you middo???? Fancy someone smacking your medium pace s*#t all over the park.......but i geuss this is why you now play District!:p

neville;207444 said:

Read wot I said properly Nev.
I didnt say I didnt want to play there I just said dont think it will be there if New City make it.
I would imagine the reason would be Because of what happened at Kelly Park coupla years ago.
And why am I full of myself Nev never talked meself up once.:confused:

Rangatrain, you were right about Nicoll, word has it he didn't go to bed before the game and made another 50 odd. Some kind of freak?
:eek:
Its Honestly Middo;207454 said:
I didnt say I didnt want to play there I just said dont think it will be there if New City make it.
I would imagine the reason would be Because of what happened at Kelly Park coupla years ago.

Its Honestly Middo;207454 said:

get ready to play on Urana Rd Mate, New City won't make it!!!

I think using the belvoir issue from a couple of years ago is pretty weak.....Lavy have played and won Grand Finals at their ground without to many dramas as have East Albury in the past!
Tell me on what authority you can make a statement about which ground is used depending on who is in the final.....as i said, the best ground with the best facilities in each devision should be used regardless of who makes the final

Yeh you probably haven't talked yourself up.....but you certainly talk your team up!!

Self Praise is no recommendation!!!:)

neville;207640 said:
get ready to play on Urana Rd Mate, New City won't make it!!!

I think using the belvoir issue from a couple of years ago is pretty weak.....Lavy have played and won Grand Finals at their ground without to many dramas as have East Albury in the past!
Tell me on what authority you can make a statement about which ground is used depending on who is in the final.....as i said, the best ground with the best facilities in each devision should be used regardless of who makes the final

Yeh you probably haven't talked yourself up.....but you certainly talk your team up!!

Self Praise is no recommendation!!!:)

I can make a statement about which ground is to be used because I actually do have a say on where The Finals are to be played.
I may talk my team up but a lot of others on this site including you talk them up heaps more than I do.
So thanks for helping me coach the guys this season Nev.P.S Ur chex in the m.ail

Its Honestly Middo;207425 said:
Dont think toung Dish would leave Barny although I have been told that he and his brother nearly joined Dederang last season.
Scored runs in both inningsa but did chance his luck a fair bit.
Pasted me for 16 runs in 1 over in the 1st innings but was very flashy.
While were on The Rangas how is Beau Packers form,30 wickets last season and on track to back it up this season.Also starting to show some promise with the bat.
Maybe this weekend will turn out a battle of the 4 best all-rounders in the comp.

open question to everyone... who are considered the best allrounders in the comp? i know spider and purt are up there.. who else fellas?

hey men,

hear there are big movements in howlong already for next season.a few big names from north albury are heading there and a handful of other provincal players are likely to follow.apparently if greg daniels gets the top job at north, they could lose a big part of there side.anyone heard any of this!

Captain Crash;207187 said:
Run out, where do you get you info about this at the raiders ? The senior Raiders Cricket Club invested 0 in the young kid. And the word is why he left was their inability to comunicate with him and other young kids there coming though the ranks. Sure there are some great blokes there but most are self centred arrigant individuals, run by a pack of monkeys.

Mate Bradsworth had NUMEROUS opportunities to excel in A grade at the Raiders. He was selected in the first team a number of times but declined or should i say his dad declined. He wanted to play with his friends in lower grades (3rds). Unfortunately he didn't see eye to eye with the thirds captain. Most of the problems arose because HE couldn't communicate with the selection committee and his dad had to do all the talking for him. The kid is 17 and should be old enough to work out if and what grade he wants to play. As for investing zero time in him is completely false. One day before he lodged a clearance he rang the senior coach for a private work out in the nets. Coaches are more than willing to assist all junior kids at the Raiders outside normal training hours. Talented kids today rely on their parents far too much and think they are too precious much like the fat chicks at the Albion on a Saturday night.:D

well finals are just a week away.some teams will be looking forward to them but other will be waiting for the season to finish.I will say this that barny have some great juniors who are the future of the club.they get beating every week in the lower grades but still turn up every week. I see dischot made more runs.Clubs should be approaching him very hard over the off season.Also a special goes to Maxwell Smart of Kiewa c grade with a huge knock of 227.that's amazing for a 40 over game and he's a hockey player.

So Middo how you guys looking for the grand final?????? I see all your grades are sitting pretty in the finals. Best of luck Middo!!!!!@| @| @|

also i wonder what mt beauty are going to do next season back in district ??? and how many imports will they have???

big guys don't run;208846 said:
well finals are just a week away.some teams will be looking forward to them but other will be waiting for the season to finish.I will say this that barny have some great juniors who are the future of the club.they get beating every week in the lower grades but still turn up every week. I see dischot made more runs.Clubs should be approaching him very hard over the off season.Also a special goes to Maxwell Smart of Kiewa c grade with a huge knock of 227.that's amazing for a 40 over game and he's a hockey player.

So Middo how you guys looking for the grand final?????? I see all your grades are sitting pretty in the finals. Best of luck Middo!!!!!@| @| @|

also i wonder what mt beauty are going to do next season back in district ??? and how many imports will they have???

Have heard rumours from up in the hills that there definately wont be 2 sri lankans there next year.
As for how were looking the Granny is a long way off yet.
For us to even get there I believe we need to improve a few aspects.
Finals havent been spoken about and I hope the boys continue this.
Another rumour circulating is that Ashan Ranaweera is looking to move to this area permanently.
Should get a few clubs a bit more interested in his services.@| |

Its Honestly Middo;208893 said:
Another rumour circulating is that Ashan Ranaweera is looking to move to this area permanently. Should get a few clubs a bit more interested in his services.@| |
For a few District clubs maybe.:rolleyes: The guy hardly took the Wodonga and District apart when he played here last and apparently wants a pretty attractive offer (eg. Money, Job etc) to even look at joining a club. Sri Lanka's A side must have been washed away in the Tsunami if that guy could get a game.:D If i was club looking for a gun i would recruit a proven player from either Provincial or District to improve my club depending on which comp you were in.:) .

Dose any one think raiders make the top 6?How have they gone this year with out some of there key players from last year?

million happy;208181 said:
Mate Bradsworth had NUMEROUS opportunities to excel in A grade at the Raiders. He was selected in the first team a number of times but declined or should i say his dad declined. He wanted to play with his friends in lower grades (3rds). Unfortunately he didn't see eye to eye with the thirds captain. Most of the problems arose because HE couldn't communicate with the selection committee and his dad had to do all the talking for him. The kid is 17 and should be old enough to work out if and what grade he wants to play. As for investing zero time in him is completely false. One day before he lodged a clearance he rang the senior coach for a private work out in the nets. Coaches are more than willing to assist all junior kids at the Raiders outside normal training hours. Talented kids today rely on their parents far too much and think they are too precious much like the fat chicks at the Albion on a Saturday night.:D

This IS Bradsy ! I was directed to this site by a friend saying I got a bit of a pasting here. This will be my one and only quote in this public forum. IF you are a Wodonga Raiders Player/Coach we need to get some things straight. I have been around the club on junior board's for cricket and football for many years. In that time you certainly guide your kids in the right direction, that is what parents do. Tyson played his 1st A Grade game at 15y/o he is still only 16. I team manage the 3rds at the football club and if kids want to come up underage and try out in the U/18 they are welcome too. If they look like they can handle themselves then we ask their parents as well as the kid. We dont expect junior kids to make up their own minds and do not go over the heads of parents.
Not seeing eye to eye with the 3rds captain amazes me, who was it? Was it me ? No thats right your club wanted me to look after the thirds then dumped me for no reason. Or was it one of two other people who looked after them in the same year ?
I threw a few balls down to Tyson a couple of days before we decided to go to New City, I had my own key to the nets and club but the balls were missing to the bowling machine hence I rang the coach who had them in his car.
Tyson has been coached by a junior/senior coach for a long time and decided with his commitment to football being stronger than his commitment to cricket to go to New City. HIS DECISION !
What dissapoints me the most is I have put in a lot of time and money over the last 4 years to the Raiders and even putting up a tab after the grand final loss last year and I get this back handed slap.
I just hope you are not a person that smiles and says hello as I am drinking a few beers at your club weekly then stabs me in the back.
As I said, this is my first and last forum, If you want to discuss this further feel free to email me at Bradsy@Primus.Com.Au or you know my phone number, Its on all of my sponsorship signs ! Bradsy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back