Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

yeah in provincial id reckon wayne hawking, woody, naughto, mostly guys that were mentioned before a few posts up. district i reckon arent as consistent in there pace, i cant remember the bloke from dederang who could push it through... i think his name was packer but im not sure if hes playing anymore, he wasnt lightning anyway.

havent played new city yet since they came back so cant really comment on them, kiewa has 3 i think who would be up there... bartel can get a bit of pace (though i think he was sick against us last game and bowled bits of everything really) as can ash sutherland on his day and the opener that i mentioned before would have held his own with the provincial blokes fairly easily. whats furze from new city like for those who have played him? im forgetting a couple of teams at the moment so i may have left a few out

nah he was younger but niether of the 2 you mentioned were playing... i cant remember his name atm. yeah ash isnt quick as in someone you would be scared of facing but he pushes it through fairly well, but no, hed be mid to high 120's at a guess. there are def guys quicker

This bloke from kiewa, was he a young kid or older. the older ones name is jacob schielbs and the young kid is jessie mcinerny.
oh and old hand, is sutherland really quick. he is a good cricketer for the district comp and would make it as a batsman in the provincial comp but some of the provincial guys would just smack his bowling all around the park

Ok, so we have gone through who would be the quickest bowlers in the league, both district and provincial. But what about the best swing/seam bowlers, the best medium pacers, the best spinners? Attacks aren't built on pace alone

nah he was younger but niether of the 2 you mentioned were playing... i cant remember his name atm. yeah ash isnt quick as in someone you would be scared of facing but he pushes it through fairly well, but no, hed be mid to high 120's at a guess. there are def guys quicker

Ok, so we have gone through who would be the quickest bowlers in the league, both district and provincial. But what about the best swing/seam bowlers, the best medium pacers, the best spinners? Attacks aren't built on pace alone

Ducks fly together;304271 said:

Josh Beard or Damien Baker for me.

Ducks fly together;304271 said:

Josh Beard or Damien Baker for me.

theres a guy who plays b grade for kiewa, dont know his name but he can spin the ball an absolute mile. he's a leggy. never seen anything like it.

Valley Dweller;304695 said:
theres a guy who plays b grade for kiewa, dont know his name but he can spin the ball an absolute mile. he's a leggy. never seen anything like it.

if he is a left arm leggy you are thinking of benny stewart. he has left and joined newcity...

Before we get back into the cricket this week, YAY, anyone got comments on the first half of the year??

Any surprise performances, new guys stepping up in the A's (both prov and dist), any disappointments with performances? Any changes in predictions for premiership sides??

Valley Dweller;304695 said:

if he is a left arm leggy you are thinking of benny stewart. he has left and joined newcity...

Ducks fly together;305575 said:
Before we get back into the cricket this week, YAY, anyone got comments on the first half of the year??

Any surprise performances, new guys stepping up in the A's (both prov and dist), any disappointments with performances? Any changes in predictions for premiership sides??

Titans and East Albury biggest disappointments.

Still Tallangatta and North Albury for me with Wodonga the dark horses.

kiewa big improvers and favourate in distrct, baranduda and mt beauty the biggest disappointments... yes i am willing to say that my own club has been disappointing in coming back from provincial

Ducks fly together;305575 said:

Titans and East Albury biggest disappointments.

Still Tallangatta and North Albury for me with Wodonga the dark horses.

Kiewa opening bowler with lift. probably Kelvin Bailey.
leg spinner in B's. if this year, Ben Dove.
moving it a fair bit at moment.

kiewa big improvers and favourate in distrct, baranduda and mt beauty the biggest disappointments... yes i am willing to say that my own club has been disappointing in coming back from provincial

The only unfortunate thing about the way we play our cricket is we really dont encourage alot of spinners. Its hard for someone to get a bit of purchase on pitches that, for the most part, are flat and true. They never have the chance to bowl on a cracked surface, but as is the nature of weekend/bush cricket I guess.

Got some time on my hands so my tips for the weekend (50 over games):

Wodonga over St Pats in a tight one.
North to easily beat Belvoir
Tallangatta to thump Albury
Lavi to continue their good run with a win over East
Raiders to break their duck over Yack

Will be good to see cricket back on the border this weekend!! :D

yeah i have to agree with you on all those tips except i reckon yack may well get one over raiders, itl be close. District wickets are far better for spinners, mainly because they are mostly shithouse decks. kiewa is ok and mt beauty ill grant you is a road with not much in it for any bowlers, but other than that they are definatly not batsman friendly. provinicial is obviously a bit different but its hard at places like dederang where they're on different water restrictions than in town (or were, not sure atm)

The only unfortunate thing about the way we play our cricket is we really dont encourage alot of spinners. Its hard for someone to get a bit of purchase on pitches that, for the most part, are flat and true. They never have the chance to bowl on a cracked surface, but as is the nature of weekend/bush cricket I guess.

Newspaper said the best of the best will play against australian marsters in late feb so who gets in that side thommo restall tonkin jones wood costello daniels lade kennedy naughton hill 12th man simmonds from nth good fielder thats in order not many teams in nsw vic act would beat them ...........:d

yeah i have to agree with you on all those tips except i reckon yack may well get one over raiders, itl be close. District wickets are far better for spinners, mainly because they are mostly shithouse decks. kiewa is ok and mt beauty ill grant you is a road with not much in it for any bowlers, but other than that they are definatly not batsman friendly. provinicial is obviously a bit different but its hard at places like dederang where they're on different water restrictions than in town (or were, not sure atm)

patty;306687 said:
Newspaper said the best of the best will play against australian marsters in late feb so who gets in that side thommo restall tonkin jones wood costello daniels lade kennedy naughton hill 12th man simmonds from nth good fielder thats in order not many teams in nsw vic act would beat them ...........:d

What about Booth from North,didnt he top score in the SCG Cup semi final?:D

Big Fish;305932 said:

Y cant Dove get a game in A Grade,20 odd wickets before xmas I believe?:confused::confused:

patty;306687 said:

What about Booth from North,didnt he top score in the SCG Cup semi final?:D

yeah i asked the same question when we played them but apparently it a bit of a case of shit gets wickets, and besides, andy norling is sending down his spinners for them in A grade

Big Fish;305932 said:

Y cant Dove get a game in A Grade,20 odd wickets before xmas I believe?:confused::confused:

old hand;306890 said:
yeah i asked the same question when we played them but apparently it a bit of a case of shit gets wickets, and besides, andy norling is sending down his spinners for them in A grade

A double case of shit getting wickets then.......;)

Ducks fly together;306576 said:

I think most pitches around town take a bit of spin, but unfortunately, there's not a lot of good spinners out there. The top 2 sides have the best, Armstrong is under-rated, & obviously Daniel.

As for your tips, i think we might see a couple of results this weekend which might surprise you, don't be startled if East beat Lavi, & Belvoir will be hard to beat at home against North.....

old hand;306890 said:

A double case of shit getting wickets then.......;)

KokodaMidget;306966 said:
As for your tips, i think we might see a couple of results this weekend which might surprise you, don't be startled if East beat Lavi, & Belvoir will be hard to beat at home against North.....

I cant see Belvoir getting near North. last round Belvoir escaped with a 1-run win over the Raiders, North is a totally different proposition, even at home they dont match up to the hoppers.

Mind you, I would love to see the eagles win, would even up the competition nicely heading toward the finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back