Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4 appointments are pretty right IMO

i think they are also, havent had any issues with any of them during my years.

tips for the semis, lets also include A turf

ashy to beat mont albert - of course, then a replay of the 07/08 grand final, and same result!
bulleen to beat glen iris - cant see bulleen letting anything similar happen to their last game there

boronia to beat old carey(cant believe they snuck into 4th)
surrey hills to beat marcellin - surrey hills to win it all

Ashy to surprise MA. Don't know just think Swifty will come up with something brilliant.
GI's to beat Bulleen is Very Close one. Davidson & Porter keys for Bulleen

Mont Albert to crush Ashy (sorry SP)...
Bulleen to knock off Glen Iris in a thriller!
Surrey to beat Marcellin (just)
Boronia to flog Old Carey

It will be interesting to see how GI's Pom goes. He's had an outstanding year with the ball, but I don't know if anyone has really gone after him. Will anyone dare try and smash him in a final? Also it'll be interesting to see how Ashy's batting holds up. As I have said, I think MA's bowling is the best in the comp (closely followed by Bulleen and us :)) and Ashy's batting has been brittle to say the least. I just have a sneaking suspicion that MA could finish this game rather quickly. HOWEVER, for Punter's sake, I hope I'm wrong :)

It will be interesting to see how GI's Pom goes. He's had an outstanding year with the ball, but I don't know if anyone has really gone after him. Will anyone dare try and smash him in a final? Also it'll be interesting to see how Ashy's batting holds up. As I have said, I think MA's bowling is the best in the comp (closely followed by Bulleen and us :)) and Ashy's batting has been brittle to say the least. I just have a sneaking suspicion that MA could finish this game rather quickly. HOWEVER, for Punter's sake, I hope I'm wrong :)

so one bad batting performance relegates our batting to brittle? hardly fair

good luck to you too on the weekend pumpk....oh, sorry

sorry pumpkin, unfair stab there, below the belt really!

did porter genuinely go out hit wicket last week?

can you shed some light on how this occured, maybe GI can use the same tactic!

I agree Southern, didn't think you batted that badly to be fair ;) BB just bowled a good one or so I hear. I think we'll have to tackle porter before the game, do something from making runs. The plot thickens ;)

I agree Southern, didn't think you batted that badly to be fair ;) BB just bowled a good one or so I hear. I think we'll have to tackle porter before the game, do something from making runs. The plot thickens ;)

so you hear? you were there, you tell me if it was a good ball?

it was the ball of the century in my eyes...

MA to control the game and beat Ashy fairly comfortably. MA are the best allround side, cover all the bases and will win the GF too.
GI to get up over Bulleen in a fluctuating, seesawing battle, GI have proven to be a very good side this year and are more consistent, so i'm tipping them to make the GF.
A Grade - amazingly Old Carey will win this weekend somehow and
Surrey Hills will win too

Good luck all, I notice there's a little bit of friday arvo drizzle to help sort the men out from the boys...

MA will win it all. I don't think there's a team going well enough to beat them. Looking at Mycricket, though, GI did beat them earlier this season, so I guess they're a chance. Bulleen v MA was a washout. GI beat us but the openers got away from us a bit so they're the key. If you get their openers out, they tend to struggle. Ashy can't win.

MA will win it all. I don't think there's a team going well enough to beat them. Looking at Mycricket, though, GI did beat them earlier this season, so I guess they're a chance. Bulleen v MA was a washout. GI beat us but the openers got away from us a bit so they're the key. If you get their openers out, they tend to struggle. Ashy can't win.

But GI beat MA in a one dayer, a style of game not suited to MA, yet is right up GI's alley!

Old Carey wont get close to Boronia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back